Forums/Armchair-GM

based off nyr fans mcd trade value

Created by: Capitalfail67
Team: 2017-18 Washington Capitals
Initial Creation Date: Feb. 9, 2018
Published: Feb. 9, 2018
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
nisk is a top pairing dman with 4 years left on contract not 2.....slightly older

if this seems extreme so does

vrana djoo 1st and 2nd for mcd
Trades
WSH
  1. Skjei, Brady
  2. Vesey, Jimmy
  3. 2018 2nd round pick (NYR)
  4. 2019 2nd round pick (NYR)
WSH
  1. Johnson, Tyler
  2. Koekkoek, Slater
  3. 2018 1st round pick (TBL)
TBL
  1. Carlson, John
Additional Details:
hes better than mcd but a rental
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the WSH
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the FLA
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the WSH
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the WSH
Logo of the WSH
Logo of the WSH
Logo of the WSH
Logo of the WSH
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the WSH
Logo of the WSH
Logo of the WSH
Logo of the WSH
Logo of the WSH
Logo of the WSH
Logo of the WSH
Logo of the WSH
Logo of the WSH
Logo of the WSH
Logo of the WSH
Logo of the WSH
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
24$75,000,000$64,645,106$4,978$3,432,500$10,354,894
Left WingCentreRight Wing
$9,538,462$9,538,462
LW
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$3,900,000$3,900,000
C
UFA - 8
$5,750,000$5,750,000
RW
M-NTC
UFA - 8
$3,000,000$3,000,000
RW, LW
UFA - 2
$6,700,000$6,700,000
C
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$2,000,000$2,000,000
RW
UFA - 1
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$500,000$500K)
LW
UFA - 2
$3,500,000$3,500,000
C
UFA - 1
$1,500,000$1,500,000
RW, LW
UFA - 2
$1,750,000$1,750,000
C
UFA - 1
$660,000$660,000
RW
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,850,000$3M)
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$650,000$650,000
C, LW
UFA - 2
$650,000$650,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$5,000,000$5,000,000
RW, C, LW
UFA - 7
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$5,500,000$5,500,000
LD
UFA - 2
$6,100,000$6,100,000
G
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$1,275,000$1,275,000
LD
UFA - 6
$1,500,000$1,500,000
G
UFA - 1
$650,000$650,000
LD
UFA - 2
$800,000$800,000
RD
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000
LD
UFA - 1
$703,333$703,333 (Performance Bonus$82,500$82K)
RD
UFA - 1
$800,000$800,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Feb. 9, 2018 at 12:13 p.m.
I'm a Skatman
vrana djoo 1st and 2nd for mcd is a bit much, this is the reaction of a sulky child.
F50marco and RangerFan99 liked this.
Feb. 9, 2018 at 12:21 p.m.
Not even close pal.
Feb. 9, 2018 at 12:25 p.m.
Caps fan idk why
Quoting: Barathrum_Obama
vrana djoo 1st and 2nd for mcd is a bit much, this is the reaction of a sulky child.

or just someone who is tired of people looking at mcd as nick lindstrom but solid burn by you........your opinion means a lot to me
Eli liked this.
Feb. 9, 2018 at 12:26 p.m.
Quoting: Barathrum_Obama

Agreed.

Why do people resort to this? Even if you managed to convince people otherwise, will it change anything? Will the value now be established because of it? NO.

Capitalfail1967, No one here is a "professional" so technically there is no right or wrong. Only educated guesses. It doesn't matter what people think. You have your opinion, they have theirs. You can try to convince otherwise but that's all you can do.
Feb. 9, 2018 at 12:27 p.m.
Caps fan idk why
Quoting: RangerFan99
Not even close pal.

i agree point being that nisk and mcd or carlson and mcd would have similar value not identical but similar so if this seems extreme then obviously most mcd values are also....most not all
Eli liked this.
Feb. 9, 2018 at 12:35 p.m.
Caps fan idk why
Quoting: F50marco
Agreed.

Why do people resort to this? Even if you managed to convince people otherwise, will it change anything? Will the value now be established because of it? NO.

Capitalfail1967, No one here is a "professional" so technically there is no right or wrong. Only educated guesses. It doesn't matter what people think. You have your opinion, they have theirs. You can try to convince otherwise but that's all you can do.

imo this would be a similar trade to what most are offering for mcd who is a similar talent to nisk.....and i did exactly what you said

no one here is a "professional" so technically there is no right or wrong. Only educated guesses. It doesn't matter what people think. You have your opinion, they have theirs. You can try to convince otherwise but that's all you can do

imo this would be a similar trade and im interested in how other fans would react maybe the guy who posted the trade i was talking bout would have input ? but i understand you and a few other like to keep the integrity of the site and keep it as peaceful as possible and i respect that just trying to see if anyone could counter with a more fair or better idea?
Feb. 9, 2018 at 12:39 p.m.
Quoting: Capitalfail67
imo this would be a similar trade to what most are offering for mcd who is a similar talent to nisk.....and i did exactly what you said

no one here is a "professional" so technically there is no right or wrong. Only educated guesses. It doesn't matter what people think. You have your opinion, they have theirs. You can try to convince otherwise but that's all you can do

imo this would be a similar trade and im interested in how other fans would react maybe the guy who posted the trade i was talking bout would have input ? but i understand you and a few other like to keep the integrity of the site and keep it as peaceful as possible and i respect that just trying to see if anyone could counter with a more fair or better idea?

Fair enough, maybe I saw something i didn't. At first glance, the post seemed salty in nature.
Feb. 9, 2018 at 12:43 p.m.
What's weird is this:

2016-18 Skjei Niskanen
G/60 - .2 .2
P/60 - 1.03 1.1
xGF - 8.28 7.66
relCF% 2.01 2.63
rexGF% 0.69 -0.11

I'm not sure what numbers you're looking at but Skjei is 4 years older and will be on a cheaper deal next year.

I'm open for any discussion but this just seems like you're objectively bad at evaluating talent.
Feb. 9, 2018 at 12:44 p.m.
Fair enough, maybe I saw something i didn't. At first glance, the post seemed salty in nature.

It's based off of a comment I made that McDonagh should be worth more. He then threw this tantrum.
Feb. 9, 2018 at 12:45 p.m.
Caps fan idk why

minor frustration but of it was meant to be malicious i would have add the guys name or used orpik and not nisk or not used similar players like skjei and djoo who have similar numbers and are similar age.......vessey and vrana are about = but yeah thought was put into the trade its easy to assume people are salty and sulky children ....but either way i appreciate you keep on doing your thing
Feb. 9, 2018 at 12:50 p.m.
Caps fan idk why
Quoting: Sagecoll
It's based off of a comment I made that McDonagh should be worth more. He then threw this tantrum.

tantrum>? i believe i said youre high if you think djoo who has similar numbers to skjei.....actually better numbers and vrana our youngest player who is in our top 6 plus a 1st and 2nd would be = to mcd but im sure youre great at evaluating talent and you know that right?
Eli liked this.
Feb. 9, 2018 at 12:57 p.m.
Caps fan idk why
What's weird is this:

2016-18 Skjei Niskanen
G/60 - .2 .2
P/60 - 1.03 1.1
xGF - 8.28 7.66
relCF% 2.01 2.63
rexGF% 0.69 -0.11

I'm not sure what numbers you're looking at but Skjei is 4 years older and will be on a cheaper deal next year.

I'm open for any discussion but this just seems like you're objectively bad at evaluating talent.

ACTUALLY skjei is 8 years YOUNGER and the comparison was more nisk vs mcd than nisk vs skjei
Eli liked this.
Feb. 9, 2018 at 1:22 p.m.
Who adds what?
Agreed.

*Citation needed

Frankly, if NHL GMs and pro scouts don't spend fifteen minutes a day seeing what their fans think they should do, they're missing out on (a) a goodlaugh and (b) free advice that could, in some rare cases, significantly advance their careers. Do I think they read everything we post, and consider it? No, but the internet is a democratizing technology. If we cite facts and provide cogent analysis, there's no reason two GMs couldn't sit down over a fan trade, and at least use it as a starting point. It's not like their teams' weaknesses or their players' values are closely guarded secrets.

Ted Leonsis once blogged about the value of "crowdsourcing," in professional sports. Of course, his current GM was hired after telling him to quit blogging about his teams and let the pros manage them. But other teams are hiring bloggers and amateur statisticians as management consultants and assistant GMs. There's no reason to take anything you read here seriously, unless you agree with it and it makes sense.

What CapitalFail67 is doing here is trying to translate some proposed McDonagh trades into equivalent value in terms of player age, player expectations, and past performance so that fans who only know the Rangers can see that, even though McDonagh is a very good defenseman, he might not be worth what they're demanding for him from the Caps, let alone the Lighting.

It's a big humorous. If you think it's worth insulting his intelligence over, you must be from New York. In the best way.
Feb. 9, 2018 at 1:24 p.m.
Tspky
well here is an observation:
You want a middle six center that is signed long term, one of tampas best defensive prospects that is NHL ready, and a 1st for Carlson. I'm not arguing carlsons value here.

McDonagh has always been on par with Carlson throughout his entire career until this season. Sadly i have to say girardi was better than his current partner in holden :'( which is why McDonagh looks like he's lost a step. Still he's on pace to have a good season (positive +/-, 40 pts, 23-25 minutes a night in every situation).
It is a completely fair assessment to say that McDonagh and Carlson provide the team they are on with the same exact thing. (both a shade under 50 in corsi, positive in rel.CF etc)

Here in lies the only issue i have: mcdonagh is signed for another year, so even if carlson was a smidge better (he's playing on a much better team and i don't think anybody would argue otherwise), his return SHOULD be greater than Carlson.

I don't think the rangers asking for two top prospects and a first rounder is unfeasible asking price, since you are asking for a roster player, top prospect and a first for carlson.
If I plug in a similar formula that you have for carlson, if washington wanted mcdonagh it would be : burakovsky, djoos, and a 1st round pick.

The only other argument that could be made is that there aren't as many RHD as there are LHD, but other than that they are two very similar players. And Skjei has more value than Djoos just because he's more established and has a high ceiling himself.
Feb. 9, 2018 at 1:31 p.m.
Who adds what?
Quoting: Spanky227
You want a middle six center that is signed long term, one of tampas best defensive prospects that is NHL ready, and a 1st for Carlson. I'm not arguing carlsons value here.

McDonagh has always been on par with Carlson throughout his entire career until this season. Sadly i have to say girardi was better than his current partner in holden :'( which is why McDonagh looks like he's lost a step. Still he's on pace to have a good season (positive +/-, 40 pts, 23-25 minutes a night in every situation).
It is a completely fair assessment to say that McDonagh and Carlson provide the team they are on with the same exact thing. (both a shade under 50 in corsi, positive in rel.CF etc)

Here in lies the only issue i have: mcdonagh is signed for another year, so even if carlson was a smidge better (he's playing on a much better team and i don't think anybody would argue otherwise), his return SHOULD be greater than Carlson.

I don't think the rangers asking for two top prospects and a first rounder is unfeasible asking price, since you are asking for a roster player, top prospect and a first for carlson.
If I plug in a similar formula that you have for carlson, if washington wanted mcdonagh it would be : burakovsky, djoos, and a 1st round pick.

The only other argument that could be made is that there aren't as many RHD as there are LHD, but other than that they are two very similar players. And Skjei has more value than Djoos just because he's more established and has a high ceiling himself.

Someone teach Spanky what sarcasm is He is clearly NOT from New York.
Feb. 9, 2018 at 1:37 p.m.
Quoting: Eli
*Citation needed

Frankly, if NHL GMs and pro scouts don't spend fifteen minutes a day seeing what their fans think they should do, they're missing out on (a) a goodlaugh and (b) free advice that could, in some rare cases, significantly advance their careers. Do I think they read everything we post, and consider it? No, but the internet is a democratizing technology. If we cite facts and provide cogent analysis, there's no reason two GMs couldn't sit down over a fan trade, and at least use it as a starting point. It's not like their teams' weaknesses or their players' values are closely guarded secrets.

Ted Leonsis once blogged about the value of "crowdsourcing," in professional sports. Of course, his current GM was hired after telling him to quit blogging about his teams and let the pros manage them. But other teams are hiring bloggers and amateur statisticians as management consultants and assistant GMs. There's no reason to take anything you read here seriously, unless you agree with it and it makes sense.

What CapitalFail67 is doing here is trying to translate some proposed McDonagh trades into equivalent value in terms of player age, player expectations, and past performance so that fans who only know the Rangers can see that, even though McDonagh is a very good defenseman, he might not be worth what they're demanding for him from the Caps, let alone the Lighting.

It's a big humorous. If you think it's worth insulting his intelligence over, you must be from New York. In the best way.

Guess you didn't read the part where I apologized afterwards? rolling eyes That or either can't distinguish an insult from a respectful comment.

Regarding the crowd sourcing comment, having to trudge through endless ooze of bad comments to only find one in a 1000 that actually make sense isn't the best way to spend a GM's time. He has people that are hired specifically to advise him on such things. Anyhoo you completely missed the point I was trying to make. Was just pointing out that although we all have voices on here, none can be inherently proven right or wrong. So if someone thinks MCD is worth "X" but Niskanen or Carlsson aren't, they can't exactly prove against or for it.

If it was an exact science, Chiarelli wouldn't of traded Hall for Larsson and Bergfail wouldn't of traded Subban for Weber.
Feb. 9, 2018 at 1:52 p.m.
Who adds what?
Guess you didn't read the part where I apologized afterwards? rolling eyes That or either can't distinguish an insult from a respectful comment.

Regarding the crowd sourcing comment, having to trudge through endless ooze of bad comments to only find one in a 1000 that actually make sense isn't the best way to spend a GM's time. He has people that are hired specifically to advise him on such things. Anyhoo you completely missed the point I was trying to make. Was just pointing out that although we all have voices on here, none can be inherently proven right or wrong. So if someone thinks MCD is worth "X" but Niskanen or Carlsson aren't, they can't exactly prove against or for it.

If it was an exact science, Chiarelli wouldn't of traded Hall for Larsson and Bergfail wouldn't of traded Subban for Weber.

Sorry, but in the NHL, the nickname "McD" no longer refers to that Rangers scrub.
Feb. 9, 2018 at 1:54 p.m.
Caps fan idk why

just so you know i have no hard feelings towards you and i think we were abe to resolve the issues as adults......... i think you do a good job trying to help people find fair values
Feb. 9, 2018 at 1:56 p.m.
Caps fan idk why
Quoting: Spanky227

i think djoo and skjei are = maybe the egde going to skjei just because hes on a worse team and its djoo 1st season but corse and just actual stats would show djoo having the advantage

so for future reference view djoo = skjei bc as caps fans that how we view him
Eli liked this.
Feb. 9, 2018 at 2:01 p.m.
Caps fan idk why

Sorry, but in the NHL, the nickname "McD" no longer refers to that Rangers scrub.

eli i appreciate you but part of the fun of the site is butting heads with fans of other teams .....i may look dumb to him and he may look dumb to me but the goal is to bridge that gap and have a fun debate

to me skjei is = djoo stats favor djoo but skjei is on a worse team and carlson is having a norris year

but i have no hard feeling towards Sagecoll
Eli liked this.
Feb. 9, 2018 at 2:02 p.m.
Caps fan idk why
*Citation needed

also hes a good dude hes just trying to keep the site peaceful thats all....gotta respect that
Eli liked this.
Feb. 9, 2018 at 2:43 p.m.

OK, Im glad I've been educated. Tell me more Eli! neutral
Eli liked this.
Feb. 9, 2018 at 2:45 p.m.
Who adds what?
OK, Im glad I've been educated. Tell me more Eli! neutral

Well, so there's this guy in Canada....

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll