SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

Who is Best Defenceman in the Draft

May 10, 2018 at 6:23 a.m.
get ur corsi up
Other than Dahlin, which D-man has the most upside in this year's draft?
May 10, 2018 at 9:36 a.m.
It’s definitely close. I’d go with Boqvist, Hughes, Bouchard and Dobson, but #1 with #2 as well as #3 with #4 can be switched around in order
BreKel liked this.
May 10, 2018 at 10:11 a.m.
Below Market Value
Quinton Hughes.
May 10, 2018 at 10:21 a.m.
Black Lives Matter
Idk it's pretty close. Bouchard, Hughes, and Boqvist are pretty close. Is Ryan Merkley still near the top of the list? Idk a ton about the guys in the draft.

But i'll answer the question in the thread title: Dahlin.
May 10, 2018 at 10:23 a.m.
get ur corsi up
Quoting: rangersandislesfan
Idk it's pretty close. Bouchard, Hughes, and Boqvist are pretty close. Is Ryan Merkley still near the top of the list? Idk a ton about the guys in the draft.

Merkley is apparently a "locker room cancer", he might pull a Liljegren and fall down to the Leafs.
May 10, 2018 at 12:56 p.m.
Still a Leafs Fan
I tip my hat to boqvist. Smoothest skater with the best vision.
May 10, 2018 at 1:02 p.m.
@Mr_cap Bouchard of course amirtie?
May 10, 2018 at 2:34 p.m.
Below Market Value
Quoting: rangersandislesfan

Quoting: Daryl
Merkley is apparently a "locker room cancer", he might pull a Liljegren and fall down to the Leafs.

From Scott Wheeler of The Athletic:

"Concerns about Merkley are well known. He’s got a temper, is easily frustrated, and was sent home at least once this season. There is chatter that he’s a bad teammate/uncoachable. He’s also one of the most purely gifted playmaking defencemen not named Rasmus Dahlin that we’ve seen in recent years. None of Timothy Liljegren, Erik Brannstrom or even Cale Makar had his kind of creativity in 2017. Nor did Olli Juolevi, Mikhail Sergachev or Charlie McAvoy in 2016. He finds players you aren’t supposed to find and he’s so light on his edges that he effortlessly changes directions with the puck. While he’s soft in his own zone and needs to get a lot stronger, he has shown some positive signs in best-on-best situations — when he’s not playing on a subpar Guelph team — and that he can hold his own when he wants to. He still takes too many risks, but his skating allows him to smoothly get back in transition and a little bit of strength would go a long way. He’s the most high-risk prospect in the draft and will appear on a lot of teams’ no-draft lists but I couldn’t justify taking any player outside of my top-16 ahead of him. He’s also the second-youngest player I have ranked in the first round (to Boqvist by one day) so some of it could well be chalked up to maturity."
May 10, 2018 at 2:36 p.m.
I like Boqvist. Great Skater. Great Vision. Plus he's put a lot of work into his defensive game which makes me think he's a little more "coachable" than Hughes.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll