If this isn't a contender than what is?

Created by: HawksFan28
Team: 2018-19 Chicago Blackhawks
Initial Creation Date: Jun. 17, 2018
Published: Jun. 17, 2018
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
This team is pretty BOSS ....

The trades with Montreal and Carolina are really made it happen.... The those trades are fanatic deals for both clubs ....

Lets start off with the Habs who need centers BTW.....Of course in this trade they get (2) Anismov & Jesperi Kotkaniemi who by all accounts is who the Habs want.... Why take him at #3 when the Hawks will give you a legitimate #2-3 center for pick 8 where you could grab the guy easily ...

That trade makes perfect sense especially when you consider Bergervin and Bowman have done several trades over the last few seasons .... So I could really see a move like this making sense for both teams .... Especially if the Hawks will ensure you're getting the player you wanted all along while getting a legitimate #2 center and a winger with some upside in Duclair just because the Hawks loss is a Habs gain in this situation.

The Carolina trade - it's a little more delicate, but favors the Canes once again.... Darling or Faulk either or with 1,500,0000 retained for Saad, Forsling #27 in this draft or a First round pick in 2019 and the RFA rights to Ivan Nalimov (who I have been following BTW, this kid has some legitimate potential to be a super-star goalie if you take your time with the guy....

I know, I expect to be flamed on the trade proposals but if you sit back and actually think about teem needs and what's good for the Habs and then Canes - if you know those teams and their needs it's really not too bad (er bad at all)... lol...

In my proposed deal - we know the Habs need centers - They get Anisimov and Jesperi Kotkaniemi the best center in the draft and then some just to swap picks ...

These deals make perfect sense based on team needs ...
Free Agent Signings
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
1$12,000,000
UFAYEARSCAP HIT
Kovalchuk, Ilya
1$5,500,000
Svechnikov, Andrei
3$950,000
Dobson, Noah
3$950,000
1$4,000,000
1$1,750,000
1$750,000
1$1,000,000
3$2,500,000
Voynov, Slava
1$1,250,000
Trades
CHI
  1. 2018 1st round pick (MTL)
Additional Details:
Hawks get Svechnikov, Zadina, Tkachuk or Dobson.
MTL
  1. Anisimov, Artem
  2. Duclair, Anthony
  3. 2018 1st round pick (CHI)
Additional Details:
w/#8 the Habs can take i Kotkaniemi,, and on top of that the Habs get Anisimov who is a legit #-2-3 center with elite talent only a veteran hockey fan could recognize.
Oh and you can have Duclair too..... really fast, epic skills but the kid cant finish ...... He's kinda like Versteeg , just not with the points..... Certainly a project but if Duclair could get it together and finish and get his game together - he would be a dynamic player, but as of right now his feet are faster than his hockey IQ... Truth is Duclair could be the "Phil Esposito" of this deal (completely different type of players bit I think Duclair has an upside where if he figures it out he could be a 70 point player ........ Yea it's a long shot bit - the potential is there .
CHI
  1. Darling, Scott
  2. Faulk, Justin ($1,500,000 retained)
  3. 2018 1st round pick (CAR)
CAR
  1. Forsling, Gustav
  2. Saad, Brandon
  3. 2019 1st round pick (CHI)
Additional Details:
UFA rights to (G) Ivan Nalimov......(this guy will be a stud in the NHL)
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the NSH
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the NSH
Logo of the CBJ
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
26$81,000,000$71,883,045$1,232,500$1,907,500$9,116,955
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Kovalchuk, Ilya
$5,500,000$5,500,000
$10,500,000$10,500,000
C
NMC
UFA - 5
$778,333$778,333 (Performance Bonus$132,500$132K)
LW, RW
UFA - 2
Svechnikov, Andrei
$950,000$950,000
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
RW, C
UFA - 1
$2,625,000$2,625,000
RW
NMC
UFA - 5
$750,000$750,000
C, LW, RW
UFA - 2
$4,000,000$4,000,000
C, RW
UFA - 3
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$925,000$925K)
LW, RW, C
UFA - 1
$833,750$833,750
C, LW
RFA - 1
$1,750,000$1,750,000
C, RW
UFA - 3
$1,500,000$1,500,000
RW, LW
UFA - 2
$650,000$650,000
C
UFA - 1
$1,000,000$1,000,000
C, LW
UFA
$750,000$750,000
RW, LW
UFA
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$5,538,462$5,538,462
LD
NMC
UFA - 5
$2,650,000$2,650,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$6,000,000$6,000,000
G
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 2
$2,500,000$2,500,000
LD
UFA - 5
Voynov, Slava
$1,250,000$1,250,000
$4,150,000$4,150,000
G
M-NTC
UFA - 3
Dobson, Noah
$950,000$950,000
$6,875,000$6,875,000
RD
NMC
UFA - 6
$1,200,000$1,200,000
LD
UFA - 2
$3,850,000$3,850,000
RD
UFA - 4
$2,250,000$2,250,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$5,275,000$5,275,000
RW
NMC
UFA - 3

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jun. 17, 2018 at 11:13 a.m.
Who adds what?
Edited Jun. 17, 2018 at 11:19 a.m.
Quoting: HawksFan28
Waddell
This is why it would be funny to see an alleged "hockey fan" GM a team........ Perhaps Waddell should give his job up to one "lucky fan" and let the dolt GM the team for a year....

Of course Poor Donny would never want to come back after that......Who can GM a team with Tavares, Karlsson Carlson and Neal for good measure all signed long term..mmmmm.

Yeah yeah. I promise I would never give them up or let them down.

But if you think pointing out that Johansen is more skilled than Toews is worthy of personal insults, it's not me you're dissing.
Jun. 17, 2018 at 11:26 a.m.
HawksFan28
Quoting: Eli
Yeah yeah. I promise I would never give them up or let them down. But Don is gone.

But if you think pointing out that Johansen is more skilled than Toews is worthy of personal insults, it's not me you're dissing.

LOL

Y ea you wouldn't think twice about Drafting Nail Yakapicc ....Cuz hes the bes the best player........ Give it a rest...... You don't know whats good for your team but I do.... Probably because I've been a fan since you were called the Whalers er before that when you were in the WHA..

lol...

I honestly believe Vegas was so good because .......Well, fans booed their undesirables off this island and those misfits made quite a team.
Jun. 17, 2018 at 12:29 p.m.
Who adds what?
LOL

Y ea you wouldn't think twice about Drafting Nail Yakapicc ....Cuz hes the bes the best player........ Give it a rest...... You don't know whats good for your team but I do.... Probably because I've been a fan since you were called the Whalers er before that when you were in the WHA..

lol...

I honestly believe Vegas was so good because .......Well, fans booed their undesirables off this island and those misfits made quite a team.

If you read our profiles, or look at the pics, you might notice that I'm a Caps and Fuel fan. The fuel are a Hawks affiliate. I'm just attacking you, personally, for blathering nonsense. @DirtyDangles is a Flyers fan. Neither of us particularly care about whether the Hurricanes win or lose. They should really spring for better computers at the troll farm, so you could see these kinds of meta-information, and argue at least a little bit more intelligently, because it honestly took me a while to figure out where you were coming from on this one, Sergei.
Jun. 17, 2018 at 12:33 p.m.
I'm a Skatman
A cap dump?

Anisimov is an extremely skilled player...

Anisimov is no "cap dump" - I just don't think he fits the Hawks game ...... He'd be perfect for the Habs tho.

Look you can have Anisimov, Duclair, Jesperi Kotkaniemi and 3rd round pick OR you can have .Svechnikov or Zadina.... Perhaps Tkachuk or Dobson...

extremely skilled? that is extremely hyperbolic. he's good. he's a middle 6 player. that means he's not ideal as 2C, but capable enough. any way, he's too expensive for what he provides - and you're trading him to free up cap space for other assets. that alone decreases his trade value dramatically. Teams have learned not to help other teams out with their cap unless it's really advantageous for them, which this is not. Duclair doesn't have a lot of value, so as a throwin to reunite him with Domi.. sure. but not as a substantial piece in that deal.
Eli liked this.
Jun. 17, 2018 at 3:09 p.m.
The MTL trade makes sense for both sides. The Canes trade is bad for both sides. Canes aren't giving up their #2 pick it's really that simple. Canes have plenty of young defenders so Forsling is useless. Should be Darling/Faulk -$1.5, for Saad, Forsberg, Hossa or...#27 pick, Forsberg, Hossa
Jun. 17, 2018 at 5:30 p.m.
Who adds what?
Well if you knew anything about the NHL and developing goalies you would know you cant throw a goalie to the wolves in 2018.

Right. Because they already had five of them this year. https://www.theahl.com/stats/player-stats/330/57?playertype=goalie&qualified=all&rookie=no&sort=gaa&statstype=standard&page=1&league=4

Shared affiliations ain't easy.

Seriously, Nalimov's SPCT was 3rd in the KHL. That's pretty good. His GAA was 14th. Less amazing, but okay. https://en.khl.ru/stat/leaders/468/gaa/

He's 23 years old. The Hawks might sign him right now and play him.
Jun. 18, 2018 at 7:41 p.m.
HawksFan28
Quoting: Eli
Right. Because they already had five of them this year. https://www.theahl.com/stats/player-stats/330/57?playertype=goalie&qualified=all&rookie=no&sort=gaa&statstype=standard&page=1&league=4

Shared affiliations ain't easy.

Seriously, Nalimov's SPCT was 3rd in the KHL. That's pretty good. His GAA was 14th. Less amazing, but okay. https://en.khl.ru/stat/leaders/468/gaa/

He's 23 years old. The Hawks might sign him right now and play him.

I'm not opposed to bringing Nalimov over...... He has pro experience (I consider the KHL the 2nd best league in the world).... I think giving him an opportunity to perhaps backup Crawford this fall would be beneficial for both Nalimov and the Hawks...

His KHL statistics are outstanding (especially his SV%)....

I think you took my original comment out of context...... I was talking about 18-19-year-olds (if I remember correctly)....
Jun. 18, 2018 at 7:52 p.m.
HawksFan28
Quoting: Barathrum_Obama
extremely skilled? that is extremely hyperbolic. he's good. he's a middle 6 player. that means he's not ideal as 2C, but capable enough. any way, he's too expensive for what he provides - and you're trading him to free up cap space for other assets. that alone decreases his trade value dramatically. Teams have learned not to help other teams out with their cap unless it's really advantageous for them, which this is not. Duclair doesn't have a lot of value, so as a throwin to reunite him with Domi.. sure. but not as a substantial piece in that deal.

For a big man he is extremely skilled..... I wont say "dynamic" but he has playmaking talent, has soft hands and his good in front of the net....

I just don't think Anisimov fits the Hawks style of play...

Anisimov did play #2C the last couple of seasons with the Hawks..... So he can play #2C, but ideally he's an "elite" #3C (elite for a 3rd line center, meaning if he's playing #3C he would be among the most skilled #3C in the league)....

It's a weird situation where the Hawks have a talented player, especially for a big dude but he just doesn't fit...... The fact he doesn't fit isn't a knock on him at all.... Kempny didn't fit and look at what he did with Washington...

The Hawks would be better off trading Anisimov (and Bowman will) and going with Nick Schmaltz at 2C...

My issue with most Anisimov discussions is the fact the dude gets massively underrated, and at times is treated like a "cap dump"..... The guy is worth every bit of his contract... He's a .50ppg player(which is pretty good for a big guy), and I think he would score more under the right system...
Jun. 18, 2018 at 7:59 p.m.
Trade doesn't make sense for Carolina to make. They have small incentive to undersell their defensemen and that 2nd overall pick, just to dump Darling and pick up Saad.

I also don't see Montreal picking up Anisimov and Dunclair, two guys who won't have a long term impact on their team, to move down in the draft. Again, there is no incentive for them to move down.
Jun. 18, 2018 at 8:13 p.m.
HawksFan28
Quoting: phillyjabroni
Trade doesn't make sense for Carolina to make. They have small incentive to undersell their defensemen and that 2nd overall pick, just to dump Darling and pick up Saad.

I also don't see Montreal picking up Anisimov and Dunclair, two guys who won't have a long term impact on their team, to move down in the draft. Again, there is no incentive for them to move down.

So Montreal is going to take Kotkaniemi, 3rd overall? because that's who they're going to take and there is a good chance he will be available at 8..... If He's going later in the top 10 and you know this, may as well move down and get assets out of it.....
Jun. 18, 2018 at 8:17 p.m.
So Montreal is going to take Kotkaniemi, 3rd overall? because that's who they're going to take and there is a good chance he will be available at 8..... If He's going later in the top 10 and you know this, may as well move down and get assets out of it.....

I'm not suggesting taking Kotkaniemi at 3rd overall - just because there is speculation that they are taking him, doesn't mean that they are. Any pick after 1-2 is up for debate as to where the chips all fall.

I don't think they make the deal out of the sake of making the deal. If they want to draft him, they should move down. That could be to 8, as you suggested. If they are going to do that, they need to have a return that is more valuable to them than the security of taking Kotkaniemi at 3rd overall. Just parlaying a middle-six center and a winger that doesn't have a ton of upside won't get you to move up. It would need to include something of value (other draft assets, for example).
Jun. 18, 2018 at 8:43 p.m.
HawksFan28
I'm not suggesting taking Kotkaniemi at 3rd overall - just because there is speculation that they are taking him, doesn't mean that they are. Any pick after 1-2 is up for debate as to where the chips all fall.

I don't think they make the deal out of the sake of making the deal. If they want to draft him, they should move down. That could be to 8, as you suggested. If they are going to do that, they need to have a return that is more valuable to them than the security of taking Kotkaniemi at 3rd overall. Just parlaying a middle-six center and a winger that doesn't have a ton of upside won't get you to move up. It would need to include something of value (other draft assets, for example).

I find it interesting that Montreal needs natural centers then questions fair trades that get them what they need.... In this scenario they walk away with the best center in the draft that has sure-fire #1C potential and a decent #2C or "elite" #3C and a very fast winger with good hands and decent potential to move back 5 spots in the draft...

That Montreal trade is more than fair......... TBH, in hindsight I don't know why the Hawks do it because I think Wahlstrom is in the same league as Svechnikov and Zadina.... And I would be thrilled if the Hawks landed Wahlstrom, he would fit right into the Hawks top 6, and I think he has superstar potential... He's similar to Ovechkin, so how do you pass on that?

Anisimov on his own is worth a late first round pick or perhaps (2) second round picks..

I have no idea what Duclair is worth..... Seems like he has the skills and talent to be a top 6 winger but the kid cant finish.... If I was offered a 2nd for his rights, I would take that all day..

Besides, these hypothetical trades area what I would want if GM's contacted me about said players...... I mean it's not like these teams are getting ripped off. Some fans may not like the trades but value wise it's close.....

Wonder what people would say had I posted a Domi straight up for Galchenyuk.... I'm sure many would say: "that doesn't make sense, why would the Habs do that for a bust of a prospect".
Jun. 18, 2018 at 11:49 p.m.
I find it interesting that Montreal needs natural centers then questions fair trades that get them what they need.... In this scenario they walk away with the best center in the draft that has sure-fire #1C potential and a decent #2C or "elite" #3C and a very fast winger with good hands and decent potential to move back 5 spots in the draft...

That Montreal trade is more than fair......... TBH, in hindsight I don't know why the Hawks do it because I think Wahlstrom is in the same league as Svechnikov and Zadina.... And I would be thrilled if the Hawks landed Wahlstrom, he would fit right into the Hawks top 6, and I think he has superstar potential... He's similar to Ovechkin, so how do you pass on that?

Anisimov on his own is worth a late first round pick or perhaps (2) second round picks..

I have no idea what Duclair is worth..... Seems like he has the skills and talent to be a top 6 winger but the kid cant finish.... If I was offered a 2nd for his rights, I would take that all day..

Besides, these hypothetical trades area what I would want if GM's contacted me about said players...... I mean it's not like these teams are getting ripped off. Some fans may not like the trades but value wise it's close.....

Wonder what people would say had I posted a Domi straight up for Galchenyuk.... I'm sure many would say: "that doesn't make sense, why would the Habs do that for a bust of a prospect".

I don't think the value is close. For Montreal to move down from 3rd overall to 8th overall, it's probably going to cost around Nick Schmaltz to get the deal done - not Anisimov (who is a second line center) and Dunclair (not going to reach his max potential; is a third line winger).

I think you can make the case that Joe Veleno is the most talented center in the draft - same goes with Rasmus Kupari and Isaac Lundestrom.
Jun. 19, 2018 at 5:34 p.m.
HawksFan28
I don't think the value is close. For Montreal to move down from 3rd overall to 8th overall, it's probably going to cost around Nick Schmaltz to get the deal done - not Anisimov (who is a second line center) and Dunclair (not going to reach his max potential; is a third line winger).

I think you can make the case that Joe Veleno is the most talented center in the draft - same goes with Rasmus Kupari and Isaac Lundestrom.

No way the Hawks trade Schmaltz - EVER (at least not this decade)..... Kid just put up 57 points (I believe).. He has lots of potential and is the Hawks future #2 center... He will be a 70 point player for sure.

I don't care about this trade idea anymore...

Hawks are find drafting at #8 - at 8th overall they can take Wahlstrom and be set at forward for at least another decade with Schmaltz, DeBricat, Wahlstrom, Saad and Kane..

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll