Logo of the OTT
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the OTT
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
22$79,500,000$65,549,166$0$2,060,000$13,950,834
Left WingCentreRight Wing
$885,833$885,833 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
C
UFA - 2
$6,000,000$6,000,000
RW, C
UFA - 1
$8,000,000$8,000,000
RW
UFA - 1
$4,000,000$4,000,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$3,100,000$3,100,000
C
UFA - 2
$7,250,000$7,250,000
RW, LW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 4
$900,000$900,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
C, RW
UFA - 1
$4,875,000$4,875,000
RW
UFA - 3
$700,000$700,000
C, LW
UFA - 1
$3,250,000$3,250,000
LW, C
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$1,800,000$1,800,000
LW, RW, C
UFA - 1
$1,100,000$1,100,000
C
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$360,000$360K)
LD
UFA - 2
$4,500,000$4,500,000
RD
UFA - 1
$4,750,000$4,750,000
G
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$2,150,000$2,150,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$1,000,000$1,000,000
RD
UFA - 1
$2,400,000$2,400,000
G
UFA - 2
$925,000$925,000
LD
UFA - 1
$1,200,000$1,200,000
LD
UFA - 2
$725,000$725,000
LD
UFA - 2
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$4,650,000$4,650,000
LW
M-NTC
UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jul. 5, 2018 at 3:00 a.m.
god like
it is a little bit to much take out 2nd and add a 4th from sens
Jul. 5, 2018 at 3:06 a.m.
ya if i was the Avs i would not be offering more then OTT 1st for him straight up unless OTT was taking a bad contract back. The Sens are in a rough spot could end up giving up the #1 pick for Duchene and having Duchene walk as a UFA in the same summer
Jul. 5, 2018 at 3:55 a.m.
@jordant89 that's so delusional bro... Karlsson is the best D-man of our generation. He should be getting an adequate return and not a low-ball offer like the one you're proposing.
CD282 and HotsamBatcho liked this.
Jul. 5, 2018 at 7:14 a.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Karlsson isn't the best Dman of his generation. Point is how Karlsson is going to play in the future, and if last year is any indication.....not that well. Why would any team give up so much for a one year rental...now that may be delusional, especially a team that is somewhat stacked at RHD, but off course we didn't see the Avs roster.
Jul. 5, 2018 at 8:13 a.m.
@palhal he had 62 points in 71 games and you call that not that well??! He played defence for us on one leg and still played better than every other D-man in those playoffs. Get real, Karlsson is so good there shouldn't even be the possibility of acquiring him even if you throw all your draft picks and prospects at Ottawa. We're in a bad moment though and have to trade him, but the other team surely has to be prepared to offer their best prospect, minimum two first rounders and a roster player. Everything else is downright insulting
CD282, HotsamBatcho and ThatGuy liked this.
Jul. 5, 2018 at 8:30 a.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Quoting: Jens65
@palhal he had 62 points in 71 games and you call that not that well??! He played defence for us on one leg and still played better than every other D-man in those playoffs. Get real, Karlsson is so good there shouldn't even be the possibility of acquiring him even if you throw all your draft picks and prospects at Ottawa. We're in a bad moment though and have to trade him, but the other team surely has to be prepared to offer their best prospect, minimum two first rounders and a roster player. Everything else is downright insulting

I know are opinions are subjective. but please "but the other team surely has to be prepared to offer their best prospect, minimum two first rounders and a roster player. Everything else is downright insulting[/quote]"
There are few teams if any that are prepared to give up so much for Karlsson. And really how many teams have that cap to fit Karlsson into their lineup. So the actual market for EK is limited, there aren't that many teams competing for his services. .
Ponts aren't everything for a Dman. Glad you mention the one legged Karlsson, and that is certainly a factor why teams might want to stay away from EK. He wasn't that good last year. Teams might want to hold off giving up assets and handing a big contract until they see him play this season. Teams should be paying for the future EK, not what he did in the past.
For EKs sake and the Sens ( I wish them both well), I hope this drama in Ottawa is concluded before the season starts and EK is traded soon. We'll see how it unfolds. I'm just saying his injury might be a a big concern for some teams as is projected salary starting 2019/20. Those two factors could be the biggest drawback in any trade, no so much as the compensation in the trade.
Jul. 5, 2018 at 8:58 a.m.
CHABOTISOURSAVIOR
Quoting: palhal
I know are opinions are subjective. but please "but the other team surely has to be prepared to offer their best prospect, minimum two first rounders and a roster player. Everything else is downright insulting
"
There are few teams if any that are prepared to give up so much for Karlsson. And really how many teams have that cap to fit Karlsson into their lineup. So the actual market for EK is limited, there aren't that many teams competing for his services. .
Ponts aren't everything for a Dman. Glad you mention the one legged Karlsson, and that is certainly a factor why teams might want to stay away from EK. He wasn't that good last year. Teams might want to hold off giving up assets and handing a big contract until they see him play this season. Teams should be paying for the future EK, not what he did in the past.
For EKs sake and the Sens ( I wish them both well), I hope this drama in Ottawa is concluded before the season starts and EK is traded soon. We'll see how it unfolds. I'm just saying his injury might be a a big concern for some teams as is projected salary starting 2019/20. Those two factors could be the biggest drawback in any trade, no so much as the compensation in the trade.[/quote]

Omg nothing you said here is true you clearly haven't seen Karlsson's stats from last year.
ThatGuy and Jens65 liked this.
Jul. 5, 2018 at 9:08 a.m.
Sports and Tacos
Edited Jul. 5, 2018 at 9:14 a.m.
I know are opinions are subjective. but please "but the other team surely has to be prepared to offer their best prospect, minimum two first rounders and a roster player. Everything else is downright insulting"
For EKs sake and the Sens ( I wish them both well), I hope this drama in Ottawa is concluded before the season starts and EK is traded soon. We'll see how it unfolds. I'm just saying his injury might be a a big concern for some teams as is projected salary starting 2019/20. Those two factors could be the biggest drawback in any trade, no so much as the compensation in the trade.

lol reading your comments, I'm starting to think you've never seen Karlsson play. That or you're a stereotypical leaf fan, who probably thinks Rielly is the best Dman in the league. IDK what to think.

I mean Karlsson did have a somewhat slow start to the season for HIS standards. Mostly because he didn't have time to train during the offseason surgery. But After Christmas, he was back to his usual Norris self, if not better. Also, Teams have been given the rights to negotiate with him, so none of this one-year rental BS
HotsamBatcho and Jens65 liked this.
Jul. 5, 2018 at 11:22 a.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Quoting: ThatGuy
lol reading your comments, I'm starting to think you've never seen Karlsson play. That or you're a stereotypical leaf fan, who probably thinks Rielly is the best Dman in the league. IDK what to think.

I mean Karlsson did have a somewhat slow start to the season for HIS standards. Mostly because he didn't have time to train during the offseason surgery. But After Christmas, he was back to his usual Norris self, if not better. Also, Teams have been given the rights to negotiate with him, so none of this one-year rental BS

Sorry, if have been looking at him his homer eyes. At sorry if don't the realities of the negotiations. So EK, talks to teams and let's imagine he doesn't mind foregoing his true UFA status next summer. So let's say Dallas, comes a tentative agreement with him. EK and Dallas and Ottawa this is best offer received in the summer of 2018. So now Dallas has to negotiate a trade. Dallas can really low ball Ottawa, why? cause it appears that Dallas just might the only team that EK would sign long term with this summer. EK more likely than isn't going to go back to other teams because he rejected them already. And all of this has to happen quickly as team want to see there opening day lineup soon.
So Ottawa doesn't accept Dallas trade offer, then where does leave Ottawa? With a player who both sides don't want him as a Senator and a player still a year away from being a UFA. EK now knows his minimum $$$$$ value in a sign and trade and it might even be more as true UFA. Other teams have undoubtedly told him what they might be prepared to pay as a true UFA and it might be less in sign and trade. Ottawa management in effect has given the power of trades and negotiations to Karlsson and the others teams in the NHL. In my scenario Dallas and Karlsson has the power, Ottawa none. And the reality is there are few teams that might the cap to pay Karlsson a big $$$ money contract next year. So the teams that are actually in the contention for a sign and trade and is acceptable to EK are few teams .
We'll never know till (if) EK is traded, and I know it only takes one team that is acceptable to EK, has the cap in 209/20, that want him and can negotiate a trade with Ottawa, but it a lot of "ifs" that have to go the Sens favour if the want to get a trade value that Sens fans are hoping for.
Jul. 5, 2018 at 11:36 a.m.
Sports and Tacos
Sorry, if have been looking at him his homer eyes. At sorry if don't the realities of the negotiations. So EK, talks to teams and let's imagine he doesn't mind foregoing his true UFA status next summer. So let's say Dallas, comes a tentative agreement with him. EK and Dallas and Ottawa this is best offer received in the summer of 2018. So now Dallas has to negotiate a trade. Dallas can really low ball Ottawa, why? cause it appears that Dallas just might the only team that EK would sign long term with this summer. EK more likely than isn't going to go back to other teams because he rejected them already. And all of this has to happen quickly as team want to see there opening day lineup soon.
So Ottawa doesn't accept Dallas trade offer, then where does leave Ottawa? With a player who both sides don't want him as a Senator and a player still a year away from being a UFA. EK now knows his minimum $$$$$ value in a sign and trade and it might even be more as true UFA. Other teams have undoubtedly told him what they might be prepared to pay as a true UFA and it might be less in sign and trade. Ottawa management in effect has given the power of trades and negotiations to Karlsson and the others teams in the NHL. In my scenario Dallas and Karlsson has the power, Ottawa none. And the reality is there are few teams that might the cap to pay Karlsson a big $$$ money contract next year. So the teams that are actually in the contention for a sign and trade and is acceptable to EK are few teams .
We'll never know till (if) EK is traded, and I know it only takes one team that is acceptable to EK, has the cap in 209/20, that want him and can negotiate a trade with Ottawa, but it a lot of "ifs" that have to go the Sens favour if the want to get a trade value that Sens fans are hoping for.

lol Im not sure what you're trying to say?
Jul. 5, 2018 at 11:51 a.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
lol Im not sure what you're trying to say?

lol. I know, As I said if my first line "I'm sorry if you don't know the realities of negotiations."
Jul. 5, 2018 at 12:09 p.m.
Sports and Tacos
lol. I know, As I said if my first line "I'm sorry if you don't know the realities of negotiations."

lol, wow ok. All you did was write me a full page explaining one possible scenario of hundreds, i think (it's hard to understand your writing). That doesn't make you a "Negotiation" Expert that you claim to be. If anything, you seem uninformed about the entire situation and you're just trolling.
Jul. 5, 2018 at 12:29 p.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
lol, wow ok. All you did was write me a full page explaining one possible scenario of hundreds, i think (it's hard to understand your writing). That doesn't make you a "Negotiation" Expert that you claim to be. If anything, you seem uninformed about the entire situation and you're just trolling.

Just quit whining about losing Hoffman for nothing and in less than a year it might be losing Karlsson for very little. I don't claim to be negotiation expert, but I'm not so homer foolish to believe that Ottawa has the power to pick and choose the best trades that coming from 30 teams. The Sens have given that leverage to EK and the one team that EK will make an tentative contract with. I'll save the delusion for some Ottawa fans that the Sens management has much control in the return they get for EK. We'll see soon....and I hope it's resolved soon for EK's sake.
Jul. 5, 2018 at 12:52 p.m.
Sports and Tacos
Just quit whining about losing Hoffman for nothing and in less than a year it might be losing Karlsson for very little. I don't claim to be negotiation expert, but I'm not so homer foolish to believe that Ottawa has the power to pick and choose the best trades that coming from 30 teams. The Sens have given that leverage to EK and the one team that EK will make an tentative contract with. I'll save the delusion for some Ottawa fans that the Sens management has much control in the return they get for EK. We'll see soon....and I hope it's resolved soon for EK's sake.

Lol what? ok, I never even brought up Hoffman? laugh

Leverage? Ottawa has all the leverage man! If you didn't know, OTT still has a full year of Karlsson! If the trade isn't exactly what they want, they don't do it. They keep him a Sens until the deadline and trade him as a rental to literately ANY contending team for the best package available (Picks and prospects). Dallas, Tampa, Vegas and supposedly a 4th team don't want that to happen and are currently in a bidding war for him. Those are 4 teams Karlsson and his agent made it clear that he's willing to go to and who have the assets to make the trade. Contrary to teams like NYR, EDM, PHI who are all out.

Also, EK love's it here. He's literately in the city right now training with the team. The only reason he's not willing to sign here is because of ownership. Ownership changes, he stays.

Anyways, I have a strong feeling that I just wasted my time. It's hard to have a true hockey discussion with someone uninformed and stubborn
Jens65 liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll