Left WingCentreRight Wing
$4,137,500$4,137,500
RW, C
NMC
UFA - 4
$4,333,333$4,333,333
C
UFA - 4
$894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$425,000$425K)
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$7,000,000$7,000,000
LW, RW
UFA - 5
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,650,000$3M)
C, RW
UFA - 2
$894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
RW
UFA - 1
$2,350,000$2,350,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$962,500$962,500
C, LW
UFA - 1
$3,975,000$3,975,000
RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$720,000$720,000
LW
UFA - 1
$4,700,000$4,700,000
LW, C
UFA - 1
$1,750,000$1,750,000
C, RW, LW
UFA - 1
$2,350,000$2,350,000
RW, LW
UFA - 2
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
LD
UFA - 1
$4,500,000$4,500,000
LD/RD
UFA - 5
$2,750,000$2,750,000
G
UFA - 1
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$400,000$400K)
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$2,345,000$2,345,000
RD
UFA - 2
$2,500,000$2,500,000
G
UFA - 1
$5,000,000$5,000,000
RD
UFA - 2
$4,500,000$4,500,000
RD
UFA - 6
$650,000$650,000
RD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jul. 20, 2018 at 3:22 p.m.
WHY WOULD THE FLYERS DO THAT.
Jul. 20, 2018 at 3:24 p.m.
J
Quoting: theturnaround
WHY WOULD THE FLYERS DO THAT.

They exchange Voracek and his massive contract for a better, younger, cost-controlled, and more flexible superstar. The cost is high, of course, but why wouldn’t it be?
Jul. 20, 2018 at 3:26 p.m.
GM Hockeysaurus Rex
No way Toronto does that.. not fricking way..
Jul. 20, 2018 at 3:28 p.m.
dirtysaucedonny
I think you overpay on this from a Flyers perspective. Marner should be a great player, but is very unproven to be getting Voracek who is very well solidified as an elite passer in the NHL. Voracek should have the same value as Marner IMO, which means giving up Lindblom, Hagg and Myers is a very big overpay. Myers looks like he will be an elite defenseman if his trajectory stays where it is. I wouldn't do this as the Flyers.
Jul. 20, 2018 at 3:31 p.m.
Quoting: jgraf96
They exchange Voracek and his massive contract for a better, younger, cost-controlled, and more flexible superstar. The cost is high, of course, but why wouldn’t it be?[
marner is about to make the same money as voracek. voracek is only signed until 34. his contract is big but not terrible. you just gave away 3 good young players and a very good one in his prime. yes marner is an upgrade but not enough to trade those other pieces.
Jul. 20, 2018 at 3:32 p.m.
Banned
Marner is the best asset in the trade, and since you mention he's younger and likely cheaper, why would TO move such value for older players? If Philly was to call and say Marner for, the phone is already hung up.
Jul. 20, 2018 at 3:32 p.m.
J
Quoting: SammyT_51
No way Toronto does that.. not fricking way..

Hard to imagine that they’re willing to gamble Marner’s future this way, but they ARE in win-now mode, and this shores up their d-corps while theoretically replacing his production in the short-term via Voracek.
Jul. 20, 2018 at 3:33 p.m.
J
Quoting: LoganOllivier
Marner is the best asset in the trade, and since you mention he's younger and likely cheaper, why would TO move such value for older players? If Philly was to call and say Marner for, the phone is already hung up.

I actually see Zaitsev as a cap-dump lol, but for the most part I agree with you (hence the title and the solid package of assets moving the other way)
Jul. 20, 2018 at 3:38 p.m.
Banned
This makes ZERO sense from either side.
GenXHockey liked this.
Jul. 20, 2018 at 3:39 p.m.
Banned
I actually see Zaitsev as a cap-dump lol, but for the most part I agree with you (hence the title and the solid package of assets moving the other way)

I admit that I don't know much about the prospects you have listed but Voracek is less than Marner now and I don't think any of those prospects are even remotely as good as Marner. (Again I don't know much about them) Marner is a player that drives play and possession, he's a key component on a winning team. And he's 21. He would have been 1st overall most years had it not been for McDavid and Eichel both being in the same draft year. You almost can't make a package good enough to get a player like that.

Maybe Colorado could get him if they offered up a top young guy like Rassanen and the 1st from Ottawa (Which could be Hughes 1st OA). But the problem with trying to obtain an elite offensive player is that what you need to send the other way is futures and those may or may not pan out when you already have a sure thing in the young player you would be moving out. Risk vs reward just doesn't make sense.
Jul. 20, 2018 at 3:41 p.m.
GM Hockeysaurus Rex
Hard to imagine that they’re willing to gamble Marner’s future this way, but they ARE in win-now mode, and this shores up their d-corps while theoretically replacing his production in the short-term via Voracek.

Toronto is not in win-now mode ffs.. they have 7yrs of Tavares and when Tavares' contract is up Matthews, Marner, Nylander are in their prime years so if they would not draft somebody like Marner, Matthews and Nylander which is impossible and they surely would we basically have 15yrs to win many cups at minimum.. and Marner is essential part of this organization and would not be moved for anything..
Jul. 20, 2018 at 3:47 p.m.
J
Quoting: SammyT_51
Toronto is not in win-now mode ffs.. they have 7yrs of Tavares and when Tavares' contract is up Matthews, Marner, Nylander are in their prime years so if they would not draft somebody like Marner, Matthews and Nylander which is impossible and they surely would we basically have 15yrs to win many cups at minimum.. and Marner is essential part of this organization and would not be moved for anything..

Again, I agree with you.

Toronto likely/definitely doesn’t pull the trigger here. Moreover, it’s not as though their Cup window closes in two seasons; they’ll likely be dominant in the Atlantic for a decade.

Still, they have their issues; this move immediately turns a Cup-contending roster into the deepest roster in the league and guarantees that it will remain such through the primes of Tavares, Matthews, and Nylander. Myers is the RHD that the Toronto pipeline lacks and Hagg eliminates any doubt about the d-corps’ depth. There are good reasons to accept this trade.
Jul. 20, 2018 at 3:50 p.m.
J
I admit that I don't know much about the prospects you have listed but Voracek is less than Marner now and I don't think any of those prospects are even remotely as good as Marner. (Again I don't know much about them) Marner is a player that drives play and possession, he's a key component on a winning team. And he's 21. He would have been 1st overall most years had it not been for McDavid and Eichel both being in the same draft year. You almost can't make a package good enough to get a player like that.

Maybe Colorado could get him if they offered up a top young guy like Rassanen and the 1st from Ottawa (Which could be Hughes 1st OA). But the problem with trying to obtain an elite offensive player is that what you need to send the other way is futures and those may or may not pan out when you already have a sure thing in the young player you would be moving out. Risk vs reward just doesn't make sense.

Marker is the truth. He’s a bona fide superstar, that’s why he commands Voracek+ in return. He’s the best asset in a trade which involves a dominant winger in his prime.

Toronto will probably never move him. But CapFriendly exists so that we can ask “what if?”
Jul. 20, 2018 at 3:50 p.m.
J

Marner is the truth. He’s a bona fide superstar, that’s why he commands Voracek+ in return. He’s the best asset in a trade which involves a dominant winger in his prime.

Toronto will probably never move him. But CapFriendly exists so that we can ask “what if?”
Jul. 20, 2018 at 3:55 p.m.
Banned
Marker is the truth. He’s a bona fide superstar, that’s why he commands Voracek+ in return. He’s the best asset in a trade which involves a dominant winger in his prime.

I wonder how long it will take for the general public to understand when a player is in his prime vs finished his prime and is heading towards declining. Statistically speaking (There are outlier seasons), players hit their offensive prime at 24. Physically, human males hit their prime at about the same time and can hold close to the same level through most of their 20's before beginning to decline as they enter their 30's. Once they move into their 30's they begin to decline. Sometimes the decline is really fast (generally with players who are very physical) and other times its much slower (the Marleau and Thortons of the league).

So statistically speaking Voracek has likely played his best hockey and at best has a couple years of coming close to matching the same levels as he's posted the past few years. Meaning he is leaving his prime, not in it.
Jul. 20, 2018 at 3:55 p.m.
GM Hockeysaurus Rex
Again, I agree with you.

Toronto likely/definitely doesn’t pull the trigger here. Moreover, it’s not as though their Cup window closes in two seasons; they’ll likely be dominant in the Atlantic for a decade.

Still, they have their issues; this move immediately turns a Cup-contending roster into the deepest roster in the league and guarantees that it will remain such through the primes of Tavares, Matthews, and Nylander. Myers is the RHD that the Toronto pipeline lacks and Hagg eliminates any doubt about the d-corps’ depth. There are good reasons to accept this trade.

There are also greater reasons to decline that trade. We dont need Hagg we have Borgman. Myers would be nice but with the depth of RHDmen in Philly means Myers would not be traded
jgraf96 liked this.
Jul. 20, 2018 at 4:00 p.m.
J
I wonder how long it will take for the general public to understand when a player is in his prime vs finished his prime and is heading towards declining. Statistically speaking (There are outlier seasons), players hit their offensive prime at 24. Physically, human males hit their prime at about the same time and can hold close to the same level through most of their 20's before beginning to decline as they enter their 30's. Once they move into their 30's they begin to decline. Sometimes the decline is really fast (generally with players who are very physical) and other times its much slower (the Marleau and Thortons of the league).

So statistically speaking Voracek has likely played his best hockey and at best has a couple years of coming close to matching the same levels as he's posted the past few years. Meaning he is leaving his prime, not in it.

While you’re physiologically correct and many players exhibit exactly that trend, Voracek’s fitness is phenomenal, he’s a regular ironman, and he put up like a PPG last season. I don’t think our understanding of trends across athletes (or even men at large) should be so liberally applied to individual players
Jul. 20, 2018 at 4:19 p.m.
Banned
While you’re physiologically correct and many players exhibit exactly that trend, Voracek’s fitness is phenomenal, he’s a regular ironman, and he put up like a PPG last season. I don’t think our understanding of trends across athletes (or even men at large) should be so liberally applied to individual players

My point is, Marner is 21 and hasn't hit his prime, in 3 years when Marner is 24, who will be a better player? That is why the trade just can't happen. Not taking anything away from Voracek, but 28 vs 21 makes any arguement moot.
jgraf96 liked this.
Jul. 20, 2018 at 4:33 p.m.
Banned

Let me know when Marner puts up over 80 pts twice in his career and then maybe you can say he is better than Voracek.
Jul. 20, 2018 at 4:36 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: DirtyDangles
Let me know when Marner puts up over 80 pts twice in his career and then maybe you can say he is better than Voracek.

Wait 2 seasons
Jul. 20, 2018 at 4:41 p.m.
Banned
Wait 2 seasons

Impossible to know. I am sure you all thought Nylander would improve upon his 60 last year.
Jul. 20, 2018 at 4:50 p.m.
Banned
Impossible to know. I am sure you all thought Nylander would improve upon his 60 last year.

He should have, but had bad luck to start the season. His underlying stats say he should have scored at the same clip the whole season but had a stretch of bad luck in the 1st half of the season where he just couldn't score. He should have been closer to 30 goals last year. That being said, Marner was in the top 10 points wise after he was put with Kadri and Marleau, this year he'll be playing with Tavares or Matthews. Tavares turned Josh Bailey into a 70 point man, he'll make Marner look like Kane.
GenXHockey liked this.
Jul. 20, 2018 at 5:33 p.m.
Formerly Jamiepo

Way higher ceiling than Voracek, who has plateaued. Younger faster and in my opinion more heart. It’s not an unfair trade but I would still say no thank you. Also keep in mind it took voracek 7 seasons to put up his first 80 point season... hell it took him 6 just to put up over 50.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll