SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

Rank Top 15 Goalies in the League

Nov. 26, 2018 at 2:28 p.m.
Quoting: MadmanFromMadison
Fleury was the least reliable playoff goalie out there from 2010-15 They won in 09 while he was putting up a .906 sv% it took him getting a therapist telling him to not suck to even look good again. 6 seasons of being meh to awful when there is any form of pressure isnt a slump you idiot they literally acquired Vokoun since they had no faith in Fleury hence why Vokoun started in net during Pits 2013 ECF appearence. If there is anything to be argued an outlier it would be Fleury's previous season and Murray's 16 and 17 seasons which if you notice all three were shortened seasons with less GP than a usual starter level goalie. Also I take back about I said about comparing Fleury to Niemi, Niemi was at least good enough to be a vezina finalist and has even been better than Murray this season and last. Dude sucked the moment he became a starter and was required to play more than 30 games a year. Speaking of bias your stupid ass said Jack Johnson would do better in New York than Shattenkirk honestly just find a new sport.

Quoting: BeastMode5515
Yeah, he should be higher tbh. Maybe 3rd worst

You guys are probably 15 year old trolls not wasting my time arguing stupidity haha can’t wait to prove you wrong. Too many clueless fans on this site
Nov. 26, 2018 at 2:32 p.m.
Quoting: mhockey91
You guys are probably 15 year old trolls not wasting my time arguing stupidity haha can’t wait to prove you wrong. Too many clueless fans on this site

Premiere goalie at work

https://sports.yahoo.com/penguins-matt-murray-pulled-early-another-shaky-start-032958873.html

https://pittsburghhockeynow.com/matt-murray-injury-pittsburgh-penguins-should-worry/

https://www.nhl.com/player/matt-murray-8476899

"Too many clueless fans on this site"

Youre right https://www.capfriendly.com/armchair-gm/team/913132
Nov. 26, 2018 at 2:33 p.m.
Still a Leafs Fan

Id put Murray in the top 15. He is struggling. Look at other young goalies in the past that struggles but picked it up over time.
- Price almost lost his job to halak
- Bobrovsky was almost out the door at one point
- Rask has had his fair share of up and downs

You guys are idiots if u think he is overrated. he won pit two cups
mhockey91 liked this.
Nov. 26, 2018 at 2:33 p.m.

Premier goaltender at work:
https://www.nhl.com/video/top-10-goalies-matt-murray/c-52460803

I’ll give you the Johnson one though. That was a hot take. But based on your bias opinions you’ve said a lot more dumb things than that haha. Go pay attention in your grade 10 science class bud, you could clearly learn a thing or two since you don’t know much about hockey. I wonder who hurt you so bad to get so vicious over a cap friendly argument? Self conscious much haha
Nov. 26, 2018 at 2:34 p.m.
Quoting: Rodzikhockey93
Id put Murray in the top 15. He is struggling. Look at other young goalies in the past that struggles but picked it up over time.

Thankyou buddy. These guys don’t seem to understand the value of incredible cup runs haha. He’s a young goalie going though a phase. They clearly don’t understand that
Nov. 26, 2018 at 2:44 p.m.
Premier goaltender at work:
https://www.nhl.com/video/top-10-goalies-matt-murray/c-52460803

I’ll give you the Johnson one though. That was a hot take. But based on your bias opinions you’ve said a lot more dumb things than that haha. Go pay attention in your grade 10 science class bud, you could clearly learn a thing or two since you don’t know much about hockey. I wonder who hurt you so bad to get so vicious over a cap friendly argument? Self conscious much haha

A group of talking heads thinking his 2017 stats would be his norm before turning into a tire fire that proves what exactly? Who gets let go first Schneider or Murray take your bets
Nov. 26, 2018 at 2:47 p.m.
A group of talking heads thinking his 2017 stats would be his norm before turning into a tire fire that proves what exactly? Who gets let go first Schneider or Murray take your bets

LMAO like I keep saying but you can’t comprehend. He was INJURED all of this year, probably a big deal why he was struggling so much. He will be absolutely fine. Think I trust those “talking heads” over your bias opinion. Like I said, you hate us pens fans because our success is more impressive than yours
Nov. 26, 2018 at 2:48 p.m.

Hank has 0 cups
Rask has 0 as a starter
You are an idiot if you think cups are an individual award.

Murray is below (in no order Rinne, Dubynk, Bob, Jones, Crawford, Helleybuck, Holtby, Vasilevsky, Andersen, Raanta, Gibson, Quick, Rask, Hank, Price) are all unquestionably better.
Nov. 26, 2018 at 2:50 p.m.
LMAO like I keep saying but you can’t comprehend. He was INJURED all of this year, probably a big deal why he was struggling so much. He will be absolutely fine. Think I trust those “talking heads” over your bias opinion. Like I said, you hate us pens fans because our success is more impressive than yours

If you think he is the 4th best goalie in the world you might be the biased one here. Guy isnt top 10 let alone 15. When you have to try and deflect you know you have no ability to make a real argument. Murray has been the 2nd worst starter this season and last only Jake Allen by the numbers has been worse. #FACTS
Nov. 26, 2018 at 2:51 p.m.
Hank has 0 cups
Rask has 0 as a starter
You are an idiot if you think cups are an individual award.

Murray is below (in no order Rinne, Dubynk, Bob, Jones, Crawford, Helleybuck, Holtby, Vasilevsky, Andersen, Raanta, Gibson, Quick, Rask, Hank, Price) are all unquestionably better.

Currently yes; within the next year, he’ll surpass a lot of those guys. When Murray is playing his game there’s only very few goalies I’d take over him
Nov. 26, 2018 at 2:53 p.m.
Currently yes; within the next year, he’ll surpass a lot of those guys. When Murray is playing his game there’s only very few goalies I’d take over him

Doubtfull given his recent trend you can blame injuries all you want (as if he is the only goalie to deal with them) if he wasnt on the Pens you wouldnt be saying he is top 5,10,15 etc
Nov. 26, 2018 at 2:53 p.m.
If you think he is the 4th best goalie in the world you might be the biased one here. Guy isnt top 10 let alone 15. When you have to try and deflect you know you have no ability to make a real argument. Murray has been the 2nd worst starter this season and last only Jake Allen by the numbers has been worse. #FACTS

Okay yes this year I’ll give you that. Absolutely he’s struggling this year. But let’s use some historical data rather then this small (injured) sample size from this year. What Murray did in the playoffs, few goalies would be able to recreate. Murray 16/17 is a much better representation of expected performance from him in the future. He is YOUNG. One of the youngest goalies in the league. Goaltending is extremely mental. He will be FINE like I keep saying. But you’re a bias hateful fan so I’m done this argument. I’ll bookmark it and prove you wrong like i constantly have done on this site
Nov. 26, 2018 at 2:54 p.m.
Doubtfull given his recent trend you can blame injuries all you want (as if he is the only goalie to deal with them) if he wasnt on the Pens you wouldnt be saying he is top 5,10,15 etc

If he had those two cup runs with (for example Winnipeg) then yes I would be saying that haha. Playoff hockey> regular season hockey. Not too worried at all
Nov. 26, 2018 at 2:58 p.m.
Okay yes this year I’ll give you that. Absolutely he’s struggling this year. But let’s use some historical data rather then this small (injured) sample size from this year. What Murray did in the playoffs, few goalies would be able to recreate. Murray 16/17 is a much better representation of expected performance from him in the future. He is YOUNG. One of the youngest goalies in the league. Goaltending is extremely mental. He will be FINE like I keep saying. But you’re a bias hateful fan so I’m done this argument. I’ll bookmark it and prove you wrong like i constantly have done on this site

When have you ever proven me wrong lmao seriously name a single time. You are talking about wanting to use historical data so you are comparing 60 games started (2018-present) to 62 games started (16-17) in his rookie season and an injured part sophmore season. Saying one is a small sample size and the other isnt is yet another hilariously dumb counter point of which I expect nothing less from you at this point to try and prop up your elite backup goalie.
Nov. 26, 2018 at 3:02 p.m.
When have you ever proven me wrong lmao seriously name a single time. You are talking about wanting to use historical data so you are comparing 60 games started (2018-present) to 62 games started (16-17) in his rookie season and an injured part sophmore season. Saying one is a small sample size and the other isnt is yet another hilariously dumb counter point of which I expect nothing less from you at this point to try and prop up your elite backup goalie.

I’m saying people here in general I’ve proven wrong but honestly I’m not wasting my time on here aha. I’ll bookmark this and wait till Murray regains his mojo and ends the season with a solid .910+ save percentage despite his early season struggles.
Nov. 26, 2018 at 3:22 p.m.
I’m saying people here in general I’ve proven wrong but honestly I’m not wasting my time on here aha. I’ll bookmark this and wait till Murray regains his mojo and ends the season with a solid .910+ save percentage despite his early season struggles.

Weird for a "Premiere Goalie" I'd expect a little higher than only .910 setting the benchmark that low so he has a better chance of getting there? wink
Nov. 26, 2018 at 3:24 p.m.
Weird for a "Premiere Goalie" I'd expect a little higher than only .910 setting the benchmark that low so he has a better chance of getting there? wink

Considering his start, a .910 would be a respectable save percentage for this season, could be even higher. All I know is he will certainly be MUCH better once he returns
Nov. 26, 2018 at 5:07 p.m.
BeastMode5515

Hehe, are we using cups as judges of player value? YIKE. I would probably say the fact that Pittsburgh won two cups is because of Sidney Crosby and Evgeni Malkin. Wouldnt u?
Nov. 26, 2018 at 5:20 p.m.
Hehe, are we using cups as judges of player value? YIKE. I would probably say the fact that Pittsburgh won two cups is because of Sidney Crosby and Evgeni Malkin. Wouldnt u?

Not in 2017 that’s forsure. Like I said earlier pens PDO’d their way to a cup and it was the result of stellar play from fleury and Murray. He’s got such potential. He’s already showed glimpses of it. He obviously is playing like one of the worst starters this year, but that doesn’t mean he is one. He’s gonna be a top goalie in this league; hes only 24.
Nov. 26, 2018 at 5:23 p.m.
BeastMode5515
Not in 2017 that’s forsure. Like I said earlier pens PDO’d their way to a cup and it was the result of stellar play from fleury and Murray. He’s got such potential. He’s already showed glimpses of it. He obviously is playing like one of the worst starters this year, but that doesn’t mean he is one. He’s gonna be a top goalie in this league; hes only 24.

I can’t see it. He’s been mediocre at best, eye test and analytics support that.
Nov. 26, 2018 at 5:26 p.m.
I can’t see it. He’s been mediocre at best, eye test and analytics support that.

He was mediocre last year I’ll give u that. The 2018 calendar year has not been kind to him. However, 2016/2017 he was amazing both eye test; and stats
Nov. 26, 2018 at 11:51 p.m.
Please bump this sub it’ll be hilarious when I’m right. You’re just a bias hawks fan whose jealous of pit so of course you’d love to say Matt Murray is trash. People on this site used to tell me how garbage fleury was because he had a slump year, and then finally when he proved to everyone it was just an outlier I enjoyed rubbing it in their faces. I suppose this will be no different

I totally agree. Fleury was incessantly ripped on by everyone before he went to Vegas. Now, he leads the league in SO's and just took his team to the Cup Finals last season. That being said, I think Murray has lost a lot of his confidence and it doesn't help that PIT hasn't played very well defensively in front of him. I do think he'll eventually bounce back, but it's gonna take some time. He's allowed way too many soft goals and Casey DeSmith has definitely been the better Goalie this season so far.
mhockey91 liked this.
Nov. 26, 2018 at 11:54 p.m.

Quick won LAK 2 Cups and look at his struggles. Right now, as in today, Murray is NOT top 15. Look at his numbers! Can he turn things around? Absolutely! But right now, he's not even the best Goalie in his team.
Nov. 27, 2018 at 12:02 a.m.

Considering Murray currently boasts a .877 Save % and a 4.08 GAA, I'd say a .910 Save % by season's end would be almost miraculous. He's allowed 4+ goals in an astonishing 7 of 11 starts this season, and it'd be 8 times if he wasn't pulled after 20:00 vs. OTT in his last start. I don't even think Murray is actually injured. I think he was placed on IR so they could bring in Jarry w/o losing a roster spot while Murray gets his game together in practice.
Nov. 27, 2018 at 12:14 a.m.

Murray has 2 Cups and nobody can even tale that away from him. He was exceptionally good during both playoff runs. His 2 SO's to close out NSH were incredible. He's still very athletic and has the ability to raise his game to a higher level when the stakes are highest. The question is: Can he return to that level, or is his confidence too damaged. So far, Murray hasn't shown any signs of getting his game back, but things can change quickly. Look at Holtby's regular season last year and then look at his playoff numbers. Nobody ever saw that coming. Look at how bad Fleury was during his last regular season w/ PIT and how incredible he's been since w/ VGK. Turnarounds can happen. I certainly believe Murray can recover and he's still so young, but PIT is chasing a playoff spot right now and they're gonna ride DeSmith which will make it extremely difficult for Murray to regain his confidence. They simply can't afford to lose many more games while Murray figures things out between the pipes.
mhockey91 liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll