ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
25$79,500,000$64,573,332$0$3,532,500$14,926,668
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets
$3,750,000$3,750,000
C, LW
UFA - 4
$894,166$894,166 (Performance Bonus$2,500,000$2M)
C
UFA - 2
$5,875,000$5,875,000
RW, LW
NTC
UFA - 7
$6,000,000$6,000,000
LW
UFA - 1
$5,850,000$5,850,000
C, LW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 3
$1,375,000$1,375,000
LW, C, RW
NMC
UFA - 3
$675,000$675,000
LW
UFA - 1
$4,900,000$4,900,000
C
UFA - 5
$2,500,000$2,500,000
RW, LW
UFA - 3
$825,000$825,000
C, LW, RW
UFA - 1
Logo of the St. Louis Blues
$758,333$758,333 (Performance Bonus$182,500$182K)
RW
UFA - 3
$1,850,000$1,850,000
RW, LW
UFA - 2
$925,000$925,000
LW
UFA - 1
$2,750,000$2,750,000
C, RW
UFA - 3
$925,000$925,000
LW, RW
UFA - 5
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
LD
UFA - 1
$5,400,000$5,400,000
RD
UFA - 4
$4,350,000$4,350,000
G
UFA - 3
$2,825,000$2,825,000
LD
UFA - 1
$2,700,000$2,700,000
LD/RD
UFA - 4
$900,000$900,000
G
UFA - 1
$725,000$725,000
LD/RD
UFA - 2
$675,000$675,000
LD
UFA - 1
$700,000$700,000
G
UFA - 1
$1,062,500$1,062,500
RD
UFA - 3

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jan. 10, 2019 at 4:07 p.m.
Dreamin'

Edit: Blues would rather buyout Allen in the summer than trading two of their top prospects (and 2 of the top prospects in the entire NHL) for half a year of Bob. **** even if Bob signed to come here I'd think they still say no.
Jan. 10, 2019 at 4:08 p.m.
Bcarlo25
Why does St. Louis want him?
Jan. 10, 2019 at 4:14 p.m.
Banned
From the sound of things, St Louis might be heading towards a tear down here. Tarasenko and Pietrangelo are probably dealt sometime possibly Parayko as well. The very last thing St Louis needs is a Bobovsky at 7 x 10.5M and St Louis isn't making the playoffs so Bob isn't waiving his NMC to go there.
Jan. 10, 2019 at 4:17 p.m.
Quoting: Larkinisking
From the sound of things, St Louis might be heading towards a tear down here. Tarasenko and Pietrangelo are probably dealt sometime possibly Parayko as well. The very last thing St Louis needs is a Bobovsky at 7 x 10.5M and St Louis isn't making the playoffs so Bob isn't waiving his NMC to go there.

Not sure about a full teardown. More like changing out the leadership group and dear god hopefully the goalie. But this isn't the correct route you're correct.
Jan. 10, 2019 at 4:21 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: BluesGetTheCup
Not sure about a full teardown. More like changing out the leadership group and dear god hopefully the goalie. But this isn't the correct route you're correct.

Yeah really didn't mean a tear down, Just a few bodies moved here in there like possibly Tarasenko and Pietrangelo for starters. St Louis isn't that bad. Like you said more like changing out the leadership group there.
Jan. 10, 2019 at 4:42 p.m.
Bob isn't going to accept a trade. He's going to play out the season and Columbus will get nothing for him. Especially with all this drama.
Jan. 10, 2019 at 11:09 p.m.
Banned
Dreamin'

Edit: Blues would rather buyout Allen in the summer than trading two of their top prospects (and 2 of the top prospects in the entire NHL) for half a year of Bob. **** even if Bob signed to come here I'd think they still say no.

where are these two top prospects in "the entire NHL"????
Surely you don't mean Kyrou, do nothing in 11 games, Jordan. Hell he's not even a top player in the AHL. Not even a top prospect on the Blues. He's young maybe he can turn it around but by next year if he's not turning it around you can label him bust and move on. Like the long list of other, he's so talented 2nd round picks that did nothing. He doesn't have any excuses either, it's not like he's buried on the depth chart by offensive goal scorers. He just hasn't produced.
I'll hold my opinion on Bokk till he actually gets his chance, but he clearly isn't a "top prospect" being drafted at 25.

But go on with that craziness.
Jan. 10, 2019 at 11:16 p.m.
There's zero incentive for St. Louis to make this trade. If he's willing to waive his NTC to go there...then he's probably open to signing there as a free agent in a few months without giving up the picks.

It would be intriguing, however, to see how this St. Louis team plays in front of competent goaltending.
Jan. 11, 2019 at 10:05 a.m.
Quoting: pharrow
Surely you don't mean Kyrou, do nothing in 11 games, Jordan. Hell he's not even a top player in the AHL. Not even a top prospect on the Blues. He's young maybe he can turn it around but by next year if he's not turning it around you can label him bust and move on. Like the long list of other, he's so talented 2nd round picks that did nothing. He doesn't have any excuses either, it's not like he's buried on the depth chart by offensive goal scorers. He just hasn't produced.
I'll hold my opinion on Bokk till he actually gets his chance, but he clearly isn't a "top prospect" being drafted at 25.

Kyrou is an AHL all star in his first professional season out of the OHL. Soooo yeah I'd say that's good. He's widely considered a top 15-20 prospect in the NHL.

Bokk was considered by many to be a top 10-15 pick and he slid, as happens to players all the time in drafts... What in the world are you even talking about?? Hopefully you aren't taking the "GM in the making" thing too seriously.
Jan. 11, 2019 at 11:48 a.m.
Banned
Kyrou is an AHL all star in his first professional season out of the OHL. Soooo yeah I'd say that's good. He's widely considered a top 15-20 prospect in the NHL.

Bokk was considered by many to be a top 10-15 pick and he slid, as happens to players all the time in drafts... What in the world are you even talking about?? Hopefully you aren't taking the "GM in the making" thing too seriously.

you way over value both. Kyrou has done nothing. His short stint at the NHL level got him chased right back down. Didn't even look remotely ready. There are 18 year old kids in this years draft who are going to fly past him.
Bokk's numbers weren't even that great this year. 3 goals in 28 games. wow all star.

To call either a top prospect in the NHL is laughable.
They aren;t even the best prospects on the blues. Kostin is better than both easily.

Bokk is a B level guy.
Kyrou may have been an A prospect at one point, but his total lack of doing anything in his stint in the NHL has really put a damper on that. Can he turn it around sure he can.
But if he's not playing by next year you can forget even remotely calling him an A prospect.
Sprong had better numbers than he did in both the NHL and the AHL, and he's struggling to find a foot hold. Yes he's racked up some points, but his play away from the puck and his goals against have make him look unspectacular still. Other players around him numbers dipping also shows this.
So don't come tell me about how he's a top prospect. He came in and did nothing with his chance. That's probably not changing any time soon. It's a lot easier to look great at the AHL level with sub par slower players than it is to be a top winger in the NHL. You can add Kyrou to a whole list of prospects who are suppose to be great but haven't yet figured it out like Milano, Sprong, Donato. The very sign of a top prospect is to come in, spend a little time in the AHL and then make the jump. Go look at Guentzel as a prime example of what a top prospect should look like.
If Kyrou isn't playing well by next year you can start to hear the foot steps of bust on. Because he didn't do anything with his shot this year. And it's not like the blues have such quality depth that he shouldn't be making the team. who's the 3rd rw Maroon, and he's yet to out play him for it. Give me a break.
Jan. 11, 2019 at 12:47 p.m.
you way over value both. Kyrou has done nothing. His short stint at the NHL level got him chased right back down. Didn't even look remotely ready. There are 18 year old kids in this years draft who are going to fly past him.
Bokk's numbers weren't even that great this year. 3 goals in 28 games. wow all star.

They aren;t even the best prospects on the blues. Kostin is better than both easily.

Bokk is a B level guy.
Kyrou may have been an A prospect at one point, but his total lack of doing anything in his stint in the NHL has really put a damper on that. Can he turn it around sure he can.
But if he's not playing by next year you can forget even remotely calling him an A prospect.
Sprong had better numbers than he did in both the NHL and the AHL, and he's struggling to find a foot hold. Yes he's racked up some points, but his play away from the puck and his goals against have make him look unspectacular still. Other players around him numbers dipping also shows this.
So don't come tell me about how he's a top prospect. He came in and did nothing with his chance. That's probably not changing any time soon. It's a lot easier to look great at the AHL level with sub par slower players than it is to be a top winger in the NHL. You can add Kyrou to a whole list of prospects who are suppose to be great but haven't yet figured it out like Milano, Sprong, Donato. The very sign of a top prospect is to come in, spend a little time in the AHL and then make the jump. Go look at Guentzel as a prime example of what a top prospect should look like.
If Kyrou isn't playing well by next year you can start to hear the foot steps of bust on. Because he didn't do anything with his shot this year. And it's not like the blues have such quality depth that he shouldn't be making the team. who's the 3rd rw Maroon, and he's yet to out play him for it. Give me a break.

Lol the RWs are Tarasenko, Perron and Thomas right now. They would rather he plays top line/PP1 minutes in SA than to play bottom 6 **** minutes in the NHL. I'm not sure you've ever watched him and you also seem to be really angry about him/Bokk for some reason. Also Jake Guentzel plays with Crosby lol...
Not sure how you can come to the conclusion that he "was" an A level prospect and then 11 games in the NHL at age 20 and now dominating the AHL has made him a bust. Your logic is pretty odd.

By your logic, Pastrnak was drafted 25th OA so he was a B level prospect right?
Jan. 11, 2019 at 12:53 p.m.
Lets Go Blues

This is some of the dumbest stuff i've ever read. Kyrou is 2nd in the AHL in pt/game for U21 players with more than 5 GP. He has 23 pts in 24 games as a 1st yr pro. Bokk has the most points for players his age (U19) in SHL, 3rd in pts/gm. You're just looking at draft position and making your evaluation. Bokk's on-ice shooting percentage in his draft year was like 2%, anyone who did a little research on the guy could tell you that his stats didn't paint the whole picture. And just because guys take a little development while they're age 18-21 doesn't mean that they're busts. You are out to lunch.
Jan. 11, 2019 at 1:15 p.m.
Lets Go Blues
Edited Jan. 11, 2019 at 2:21 p.m.

Bokk is a B level guy.

Nevermind, it got even dumber lol. Guentzel debuted in the NHL 4 yrs after he was drafted. How have you made so many words make zero sense? May god have mercy on your soul.
Jan. 11, 2019 at 4:18 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: A_K
Nevermind, it got even dumber lol. Guentzel debuted in the NHL 4 yrs after he was drafted. How have you made so many words make zero sense? May god have mercy on your soul.

Jake played in the NCAA, which is the only reason he didn't play sooner.
You seen to think the age means something. It' doesn't. You can look at a player like Victor Mete who was a 4th round pick and he's getting ice time.
While there are a lot of players who come out the NCAA a bit older, they don't get the same level of coaching. I know, I played in the NCAA. You have to go to classes and get your school work done to even get on the ice. It's not even comparable. One is a full time job, the other is going to school.

Fact is he got his shot at the NHL level and he looked lost. How you even continue to argue that shows how clueless you are. While other young players are earning ice time.
He's a player spinning wheels and not doing anything. So what if he scores points in the AHL. It's not comparable, just like he scored 100 pts in the CHL but he still looked lost.

You want to yap about Bokk's shooting percentage. I hate to break it to you, part of the job of a hockey player is to actually get the puck in the net. 2% isn't just "bad luck". The player does take some responsibility for that. Especially wingers! It's not like he's shooting slap shots from the blue line. It shows lack of touch, poor decision making, and frankly a bad shot. Anyone who goes a year with a 2% shooting percentage tells you a bit about their talent level. You end up with a player who can't find the back of the net. But keep making excuses. Hell to have a 2% shooting percentage in any league is embarrassing, let alone in a minor league. That's not how you describe a "top prospect in the NHL" but keep your head up your backside.

Truth is if you enter the AHL at 20, and you are still playing there at 22, you are most likely a fringe player. There are 24 players in the league 20 or under. There are 61 21 and under.
If you actually have the talent they aren't holding players back. The problem is, Kyrou hasn't displayed whatever it is you think he is. He's not close to being ready, and hence not a "top prospect in the NHL"

Lol the RWs are Tarasenko, Perron and Thomas right now. They would rather he plays top line/PP1 minutes in SA than to play bottom 6 **** minutes in the NHL. I'm not sure you've ever watched him and you also seem to be really angry about him/Bokk for some reason. Also Jake Guentzel plays with Crosby lol...
Not sure how you can come to the conclusion that he "was" an A level prospect and then 11 games in the NHL at age 20 and now dominating the AHL has made him a bust. Your logic is pretty odd.

By your logic, Pastrnak was drafted 25th OA so he was a B level prospect right?

You realize Pastrnak played at 18 right? Effectively too I might add. Where way Kyrou at 18...... yeah no where. Thanks for proving my point.
If you think beating out Thomas for a position is some mountain to climb I feel sorry for you. You have to earn your ice time. You have to beat other players out to get it. Kyrou hasn't. A top prospect does that. As I said, until he does something he's no where even close. He may have had value at one time, but that poor outing at the NHL level shows how far away he really is. That's not changing any time soon. For a team that can't win, to have him sitting in the AHL says it all. If he was half as good as you think he is, he'd be playing.
Jan. 11, 2019 at 4:50 p.m.
Lets Go Blues
Jake played in the NCAA, which is the only reason he didn't play sooner.
You seen to think the age means something. It' doesn't. You can look at a player like Victor Mete who was a 4th round pick and he's getting ice time.
While there are a lot of players who come out the NCAA a bit older, they don't get the same level of coaching. I know, I played in the NCAA. You have to go to classes and get your school work done to even get on the ice. It's not even comparable. One is a full time job, the other is going to school.

Fact is he got his shot at the NHL level and he looked lost. How you even continue to argue that shows how clueless you are. While other young players are earning ice time.
He's a player spinning wheels and not doing anything. So what if he scores points in the AHL. It's not comparable, just like he scored 100 pts in the CHL but he still looked lost.

You want to yap about Bokk's shooting percentage. I hate to break it to you, part of the job of a hockey player is to actually get the puck in the net. 2% isn't just "bad luck". The player does take some responsibility for that. Especially wingers! It's not like he's shooting slap shots from the blue line. It shows lack of touch, poor decision making, and frankly a bad shot. Anyone who goes a year with a 2% shooting percentage tells you a bit about their talent level. You end up with a player who can't find the back of the net. But keep making excuses. Hell to have a 2% shooting percentage in any league is embarrassing, let alone in a minor league. That's not how you describe a "top prospect in the NHL" but keep your head up your backside.

Truth is if you enter the AHL at 20, and you are still playing there at 22, you are most likely a fringe player. There are 24 players in the league 20 or under. There are 61 21 and under.
If you actually have the talent they aren't holding players back. The problem is, Kyrou hasn't displayed whatever it is you think he is. He's not close to being ready, and hence not a "top prospect in the NHL"

You realize Pastrnak played at 18 right? Effectively too I might add. Where way Kyrou at 18...... yeah no where. Thanks for proving my point.
If you think beating out Thomas for a position is some mountain to climb I feel sorry for you. You have to earn your ice time. You have to beat other players out to get it. Kyrou hasn't. A top prospect does that. As I said, until he does something he's no where even close. He may have had value at one time, but that poor outing at the NHL level shows how far away he really is. That's not changing any time soon. For a team that can't win, to have him sitting in the AHL says it all. If he was half as good as you think he is, he'd be playing.

ok I'm just dumbfounded at this point. So Kyrou is gonna be a bust at a younger age than Guentzel even signed his pro contract? hushed

Victor Mete eh? Not really the example you're looking for here considering he played for the Habs, was demoted to the AHL, and was just recently called up again.

Basically, what you're saying is that a 20-yr old's first 11 games in the NHL were enough for you to decide that he's pretty much a bust and holds no value. That's completely asinine.
BluesGetTheCup liked this.
Jan. 11, 2019 at 5:13 p.m.
Banned
ok I'm just dumbfounded at this point. So Kyrou is gonna be a bust at a younger age than Guentzel even signed his pro contract? hushed

Victor Mete eh? Not really the example you're looking for here considering he played for the Habs, was demoted to the AHL, and was just recently called up again.

Basically, what you're saying is that a 20-yr old's first 11 games in the NHL were enough for you to decide that he's pretty much a bust and holds no value. That's completely asinine.

As I said, age has nothing to do with this. Jake played NCAA, he was a student first, athlete second.
Kyrou has been an athlete this whole time. It's not even remotely the same. Why do you have a hard time figuring that out.
Jake sat in classes and did homework, while squeezing in workouts and games.

Kyrou played in the OHL full time.

It's two different paths. So the age difference means nothing. Jake played 30 some games a year in college, Kyrou was playing 66 and 56 games.
He had more time to train, practice etc..... So please don't tell me about an age difference. He's had all the opportunity in the world.

Mete is at least earning his playing time. You can keep trying to knock him but he's earned more time than Kyrou has.

What I have said on Kyrou is pretty clear. He's not a "top prospect in the NHL" as the OP said he was and that was my point from the beginning. Why you keep trying to argue he is, is beyond me. He's closer to being nothing than a top prospect at this point.

I have stated multiple times he can turn it around, but I've also been clear that the clock is ticking. You seem to think it's an endless clock. He doesn't get the benefit of the doubt of dilly dallying around. There are always the next, their the best prospect ever, waiting to come in next year. Which is why if he doesn't distinguish himself he'll be run out of town soon. You look at the team and Kostin is a RW too! There go your top 3 RW spots and Kyrou doesn't play a 4th line game. So then he's buried and gone along with the idea that he's a "top prospect" because if he was he wouldn't be traded. He ends up the guy who couldn't crack the line up and prove himself while he had the chance and needs a "change of scenery"

He's got next year. If he does nothing, he'll probably be shipped out because Kostin isn't waiting on him. Two years in the AHL with some NHL try outs is more than enough time to tell if there is a place on a team for a player or not.
Jan. 11, 2019 at 5:35 p.m.
Lets Go Blues
As I said, age has nothing to do with this. Jake played NCAA, he was a student first, athlete second.
Kyrou has been an athlete this whole time. It's not even remotely the same. Why do you have a hard time figuring that out.
Jake sat in classes and did homework, while squeezing in workouts and games.

Kyrou played in the OHL full time.

It's two different paths. So the age difference means nothing. Jake played 30 some games a year in college, Kyrou was playing 66 and 56 games.
He had more time to train, practice etc..... So please don't tell me about an age difference. He's had all the opportunity in the world.

Mete is at least earning his playing time. You can keep trying to knock him but he's earned more time than Kyrou has.

What I have said on Kyrou is pretty clear. He's not a "top prospect in the NHL" as the OP said he was and that was my point from the beginning. Why you keep trying to argue he is, is beyond me. He's closer to being nothing than a top prospect at this point.

I have stated multiple times he can turn it around, but I've also been clear that the clock is ticking. You seem to think it's an endless clock. He doesn't get the benefit of the doubt of dilly dallying around. There are always the next, their the best prospect ever, waiting to come in next year. Which is why if he doesn't distinguish himself he'll be run out of town soon. You look at the team and Kostin is a RW too! There go your top 3 RW spots and Kyrou doesn't play a 4th line game. So then he's buried and gone along with the idea that he's a "top prospect" because if he was he wouldn't be traded. He ends up the guy who couldn't crack the line up and prove himself while he had the chance and needs a "change of scenery"

He's got next year. If he does nothing, he'll probably be shipped out because Kostin isn't waiting on him. Two years in the AHL with some NHL try outs is more than enough time to tell if there is a place on a team for a player or not.

AGE HAS EVERYTHING TO DO WITH IT! If Guentzel would've come into the league after 1 yr at NCAA, you really think he would just explode onto the scene? Players have to mature, physically, mentally, professionally. An OHLer doesn't become NHL ready faster than an NCAA player just because he's not going to classes lol. Honestly, I'd say that the NCAA guy has a better chance to get bigger and stronger since they play fewer games and can spend more time in the weight room during the season. So if Guentzel was a top prospect at age 20, why was he toiling around in Omaha instead of playing with the big club? Oh, it wasn't his choice? Kinda like it's not Kyrou's fault that the team is developing him in the AHL?

Let me ask you this. What makes Kostin a better prospect than Kyrou? If age isn't a factor and this is Kostin's 2nd AHL season?

This is just so riduculous. Different types of players take different paths to the NHL, and guys develop at different speeds. Kyrou won the OHL MVP, led Canada in scoring at the WJC, and is at a point per game halfway into his first AHL season. He's a top prospect. That's why he's on every writer's list as a top prospect. But I guess it's you that is right and all of the professionals that are wrong...

And for the record, yes, if he isn't an NHLer by the end of next season, maybe there's something wrong. But my God, why are you so pessimistic about him when there's essentially no chance that that's how it plays out? I should not have come to this thread, not sure what else there is to say.
Jan. 11, 2019 at 6:05 p.m.
My God this pharrow clown! I've never seen so many useless words typed in one place. Sort yourself out bud, your spare parts!

Why would any NHL GM give up 2 prospects (of any caliber) for a UFA in a season they can't really use him? When they can just sign the guy for just money as a free agent
Jan. 12, 2019 at 1:11 a.m.
Banned
Quoting: Turner33
My God this pharrow clown! I've never seen so many useless words typed in one place. Sort yourself out bud, your spare parts!

Why would any NHL GM give up 2 prospects (of any caliber) for a UFA in a season they can't really use him? When they can just sign the guy for just money as a free agent

when you have nothing to contribute so you run your mouth. What an idiot.
Jan. 12, 2019 at 2:05 a.m.
Banned
AGE HAS EVERYTHING TO DO WITH IT! If Guentzel would've come into the league after 1 yr at NCAA, you really think he would just explode onto the scene? Players have to mature, physically, mentally, professionally. An OHLer doesn't become NHL ready faster than an NCAA player just because he's not going to classes lol. Honestly, I'd say that the NCAA guy has a better chance to get bigger and stronger since they play fewer games and can spend more time in the weight room during the season. So if Guentzel was a top prospect at age 20, why was he toiling around in Omaha instead of playing with the big club? Oh, it wasn't his choice? Kinda like it's not Kyrou's fault that the team is developing him in the AHL?

Let me ask you this. What makes Kostin a better prospect than Kyrou? If age isn't a factor and this is Kostin's 2nd AHL season?

This is just so riduculous. Different types of players take different paths to the NHL, and guys develop at different speeds. Kyrou won the OHL MVP, led Canada in scoring at the WJC, and is at a point per game halfway into his first AHL season. He's a top prospect. That's why he's on every writer's list as a top prospect. But I guess it's you that is right and all of the professionals that are wrong...

And for the record, yes, if he isn't an NHLer by the end of next season, maybe there's something wrong. But my God, why are you so pessimistic about him when there's essentially no chance that that's how it plays out? I should not have come to this thread, not sure what else there is to say.

Age does have nothing to do with it. If Jake would have left school earlier he would have joined the penguins club earlier. Everyone around him has said they knew he was NHL ready. It was evident early he was ready to be there. Going to NCAA and staying in school is a choice. That's what younger people do. Go to school, prep for the future etc... I'm sure his parents had a large role in that. I know mine would have never let me hear the end of it I choose a different route than the NCAA. It was the right choice. So don't think choosing that has anything to do with his hockey skill. It's just as much an off the ice choice.

Kyrou had way more game experience, way more time for coaching, practice and training. It adds up to what you learn on the ice. You learn where you should be on the ice from actually doing it. While there are some players who need to physically mature before getting into the NHL they are much smaller players or much taller players with larger frames that are harder to fill out aka 6'5, Kyrou is the same 175lbs Jake was when he came into the NHL. He's maybe an inch taller. It's not a bad playing weight at all. Hell McDavid came into the league skinny as can be and still took it over. That isn't the issue. It's his play. Period. I don't know why you keep arguing it's not. Weight has nothing to do with a 39.9 CF%. When you start 52.9% of your ice time in the offensive zone. That comes from not having your crap together. When you only take 14 shots in 11 games and you are suppose to be a scoring winger.

The argument was never about what he will develop into. I don't even know why you twist it.

There was a claim. "2 of the top prospects in the entire NHL"

I called BS.

You like the other post cried.

Period. That's what this thread boils down too.

I stand by my claim. He's not a "2 of the top prospects in the entire NHL"

You have yet to actually prove otherwise. As I said, his value as a prospect is decreasing because he's not performing. It happens that fast. It only takes a year or two and then they are gone needing "a fresh start". When you see a guy down in the AHL during his 22-23 years you know his time to make the jump is running out. You are expected to make the jump to this level by the time you are 22 years old when you come in at 20. Everyone else isn't waiting on you.

Over half the players in the NHL will play less than 100 games in their career. Yet you keep wanting to push this theory that he's on his way to be whatever and he's shown 0 ability of that so far. You can keep coming up with excuses etc... I will let the play speak for itself. Can he turn it around develop into a good player, as stated multiple times, yes he can. But top prospects don't need to. No one is gonna be asking why is Kaapo or Hughes is sitting around in the AHL at 18. No one is going to say, oh Hughes need to gain weight. That's what a top prospect in the NHL looks like. Ready to hit the ice.

Kyrou wasn't and right now isn't. The fact that the blues are hanging around the bottom of the league and he's not getting NHL ice time should tell you something. The fact he did nothing with his NHL ice time when he got it should tell you something. If Hughes were to come in with advanced stats like Kyrous people would scream bust. But yet someone explain to you that Kyrou hasn't performed like a top NHL prospect and you cry about it. Get over it and stop over rating your player. Yes he has some talent and skill. No he hasn't put it together at the NHL level. There are many players before him who played well at the AHL level and did nothing with it at the NHL level.
Jan. 12, 2019 at 9:36 a.m.
Lets Go Blues
Age does have nothing to do with it. If Jake would have left school earlier he would have joined the penguins club earlier. Everyone around him has said they knew he was NHL ready. It was evident early he was ready to be there. Going to NCAA and staying in school is a choice. That's what younger people do. Go to school, prep for the future etc... I'm sure his parents had a large role in that. I know mine would have never let me hear the end of it I choose a different route than the NCAA. It was the right choice. So don't think choosing that has anything to do with his hockey skill. It's just as much an off the ice choice.

Kyrou had way more game experience, way more time for coaching, practice and training. It adds up to what you learn on the ice. You learn where you should be on the ice from actually doing it. While there are some players who need to physically mature before getting into the NHL they are much smaller players or much taller players with larger frames that are harder to fill out aka 6'5, Kyrou is the same 175lbs Jake was when he came into the NHL. He's maybe an inch taller. It's not a bad playing weight at all. Hell McDavid came into the league skinny as can be and still took it over. That isn't the issue. It's his play. Period. I don't know why you keep arguing it's not. Weight has nothing to do with a 39.9 CF%. When you start 52.9% of your ice time in the offensive zone. That comes from not having your crap together. When you only take 14 shots in 11 games and you are suppose to be a scoring winger.

The argument was never about what he will develop into. I don't even know why you twist it.

There was a claim. "2 of the top prospects in the entire NHL"

I called BS.

You like the other post cried.

Period. That's what this thread boils down too.

I stand by my claim. He's not a "2 of the top prospects in the entire NHL"

You have yet to actually prove otherwise. As I said, his value as a prospect is decreasing because he's not performing. It happens that fast. It only takes a year or two and then they are gone needing "a fresh start". When you see a guy down in the AHL during his 22-23 years you know his time to make the jump is running out. You are expected to make the jump to this level by the time you are 22 years old when you come in at 20. Everyone else isn't waiting on you.

Over half the players in the NHL will play less than 100 games in their career. Yet you keep wanting to push this theory that he's on his way to be whatever and he's shown 0 ability of that so far. You can keep coming up with excuses etc... I will let the play speak for itself. Can he turn it around develop into a good player, as stated multiple times, yes he can. But top prospects don't need to. No one is gonna be asking why is Kaapo or Hughes is sitting around in the AHL at 18. No one is going to say, oh Hughes need to gain weight. That's what a top prospect in the NHL looks like. Ready to hit the ice.

Kyrou wasn't and right now isn't. The fact that the blues are hanging around the bottom of the league and he's not getting NHL ice time should tell you something. The fact he did nothing with his NHL ice time when he got it should tell you something. If Hughes were to come in with advanced stats like Kyrous people would scream bust. But yet someone explain to you that Kyrou hasn't performed like a top NHL prospect and you cry about it. Get over it and stop over rating your player. Yes he has some talent and skill. No he hasn't put it together at the NHL level. There are many players before him who played well at the AHL level and did nothing with it at the NHL level.

K. the guy performs at an elite level in every league he's asked to play in but doesnt produce in his first 11 games in the NHL, playing less than 10 min most nights on the 4th line of a bottom-5 team. No one should be worried about him as a prospect, and every writer I see has him in their top 50 prospects outside the NHL. You're acting like to be a top prospect you have to immediately play in the NHL but then you use Guentzel as your argument...
Jan. 12, 2019 at 11:55 a.m.
Banned
K. the guy performs at an elite level in every league he's asked to play in but doesnt produce in his first 11 games in the NHL, playing less than 10 min most nights on the 4th line of a bottom-5 team. No one should be worried about him as a prospect, and every writer I see has him in their top 50 prospects outside the NHL. You're acting like to be a top prospect you have to immediately play in the NHL but then you use Guentzel as your argument...

You just proved your first statement wrong with your second one.
And yes to be a top prospect you should be hitting the ice and playing well in your first real year. Which Kyrou hasn't done. It's one thing to be sent back down because you didn't do anything on the ice. It's another to be sent back down because your play was awful. If he could have even hit the level of passenger he would have stuck around. He didn't.
You keep making excuses. What happens next year when you get the same results at the NHL level. What excuse will it be then? Don't worry, the next round of 2nd round picks who "should have gone first round" and are "top prospects" will be chopping at the bit.

Remember Daniel O'Regan? Mason Appleton? Sami Niku? AHL all rookie team. What have they done? I mean there are hundreds of names right behind them.
Sure you will get a Dylan Strome, but he went 3rd over all and showed signs of being capable at the NHL level at 19. Where he should have stayed in the NHL.

Playing in the AHL means nothing. Their MVPs are people who never made the jump. People you probably never even heard of.

There is a huge difference in talent level to the NHL. it's roughly 24% of 2nd round draft picks become a "career player" like 400 games.
Yet you are over here acting like 2nd rounders are the next McDavid top prospect. You are high.
He has an up hill climb. It showed on the ice. Playing in the AHL for a year isn't going to make the difference. Just like it didn't for Sprong who is still struggling.
Will he figure it out, maybe, just like Kyrou might figure it out. But please stop this myth of being a top NHL prospect. They aren't. They are players who need to figure it out who history shows statistically have a much harder time actually making a career of it compared to those people drafted top of the 1st round.
Jan. 12, 2019 at 12:33 p.m.

AK you know this dude Pharrow isn’t worth arguing with. He obviously doesn’t understand how **** works. I’m not gonna waste more time on him and I’m sure you’ve got better **** to do haha
A_K liked this.
Jan. 12, 2019 at 1:21 p.m.
Lets Go Blues
Kyrou > McDavid and it's not even close
Jan. 12, 2019 at 2:07 p.m.
You just proved your first statement wrong with your second one.
And yes to be a top prospect you should be hitting the ice and playing well in your first real year. Which Kyrou hasn't done. It's one thing to be sent back down because you didn't do anything on the ice. It's another to be sent back down because your play was awful. If he could have even hit the level of passenger he would have stuck around. He didn't.
You keep making excuses. What happens next year when you get the same results at the NHL level. What excuse will it be then? Don't worry, the next round of 2nd round picks who "should have gone first round" and are "top prospects" will be chopping at the bit.

Remember Daniel O'Regan? Mason Appleton? Sami Niku? AHL all rookie team. What have they done? I mean there are hundreds of names right behind them.
Sure you will get a Dylan Strome, but he went 3rd over all and showed signs of being capable at the NHL level at 19. Where he should have stayed in the NHL.

Playing in the AHL means nothing. Their MVPs are people who never made the jump. People you probably never even heard of.

There is a huge difference in talent level to the NHL. it's roughly 24% of 2nd round draft picks become a "career player" like 400 games.
Yet you are over here acting like 2nd rounders are the next McDavid top prospect. You are high.
He has an up hill climb. It showed on the ice. Playing in the AHL for a year isn't going to make the difference. Just like it didn't for Sprong who is still struggling.
Will he figure it out, maybe, just like Kyrou might figure it out. But please stop this myth of being a top NHL prospect. They aren't. They are players who need to figure it out who history shows statistically have a much harder time actually making a career of it compared to those people drafted top of the 1st round.

Last note Kucherov played 17 games in AHL his first season and played 52 games in NHL (mostly Dec-Jan and then march) and had 18 points. So you’re right he’s kind of a bust too.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll