Additional Details:
The idea of this trade came from:
https://www.capfriendly.com/forums/thread/197536
BUF
  1. 2019 2nd round pick (BUF)
  2. 2020 3rd round pick (BUF)
  3. 2020 6th round pick (BUF)
CAR
  1. Scandella, Marco ($1,500,000 retained)
  2. 2019 6th round pick (TOR)
  3. 2020 7th round pick (DAL)
  4. 2021 2nd round pick (STL)
VAN
  1. Beaulieu, Nathan ($1,200,000 retained)
  2. 2019 4th round pick (SJS)
Retained Salary Transactions
Buried
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the SJS
Logo of the STL
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
23$79,500,000$73,809,524$0$4,337,500$5,690,476
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the New York Rangers
$2,275,000$2,275,000
RW, LW
UFA - 2
Logo of the Buffalo Sabres
$10,000,000$10,000,000
C
UFA - 8
$6,000,000$6,000,000
RW
M-NTC
UFA - 5
$5,725,000$5,725,000
LW, RW
NMC
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
LW, C
RFA - 2
$3,650,000$3,650,000
RW
UFA - 2
$3,000,000$3,000,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
Logo of the Vancouver Canucks
$1,475,000$1,475,000
RW, LW, C
UFA - 1
$3,100,000$3,100,000
RW, C
UFA - 2
$650,000$650,000
LW, C
UFA - 1
$1,475,000$1,475,000
C, LW
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$212,500$212K)
C
UFA - 2
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,850,000$3M)
LD/RD
UFA - 3
$5,400,000$5,400,000
RD
UFA - 4
$2,750,000$2,750,000
G
UFA - 3
$1,600,000$1,600,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$6,650,000$6,650,000
RD
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 3
$750,000$750,000
G
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$425,000$425K)
LD
UFA - 2
$5,142,857$5,142,857
RD
UFA - 2
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$2,250,000$2,250,000
LD
UFA - 2
$4,350,000$4,350,000
LD/RD, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$1,600,000$1,600,000
LW, C
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Feb. 5, 2019 at 11:49 a.m.
Tspky
rangers say no-- the pieces you added aren't enough to get Shattenkirk. Guhle is the only one the rangers would be interested in the additions you've made
Shakabakes and gretzkyghosts liked this.
Feb. 5, 2019 at 11:49 a.m.
STH
Why do people on this site constantly try and trade the Canes a defensemen. We have more NHL quality defenders than we know what to do with and arguably 2 to 3 prospects who are ready play too. We have NO room for another defender which is the whole reason why we are trying to trade a RHD for a forward. We want Adam Fox to sign and if we trade a RHD, he can jump into the lineup immediately when the NCAA season is over in March. He has always said his main goal in signing is to get to the NHL as fast as possible and we can offer him that.
gretzkyghosts liked this.
Feb. 5, 2019 at 11:56 a.m.
I like the overall outline of the Ranger deal. I am all about riding the team of big contracts and clearing space. That being said, I still think the Rangers can get a little bit more in compensation based on some of those players. Outside of Guhle and the 3rd, there is nothing of redeeming value coming back to the Rangers. Which I get. It's a Cap dump. We mainly take back crap now for the financial benefit in the future. Still, outside of Smith, the other 3 players still have some value.

I proposed a deal just yesterday that sent Vesey, Strome and Smith to Buffalo for Moulson, Pominville and a 3rd. I thought that was relatively fair. So when I see this in comparison to that, I see the Rangers adding Shattenkirk for Guhle, Nelson, Sobotka and O'Regan.

I get that Shatty isn't worth his current contract, but he still has more value than that. Staal would better suited for that return. If anything, I would even retain some of Shatty's salary to get a better return.
Feb. 5, 2019 at 12:12 p.m.
Victor_Hockey
Honestly, the rangers/sabres trade isn't that bad. O'Regan is a leading goal scorer for the Rochester Americans 30 pts - 45 games. Guhle is a promising prospect in the sabres prospect pool. Sabres add higher pick and this goes through.
Feb. 5, 2019 at 12:26 p.m.
Quoting: Spanky227
rangers say no-- the pieces you added aren't enough to get Shattenkirk. Guhle is the only one the rangers would be interested in the additions you've made

You are correct this was of course a reach, I saw a trade for him that was about the same coming back. Actually Nelson has done well in the NHL this year and Guhle has a decent upside. So I thought it would be 2 defense men prospects and a 3rd for Shattenkirk, probably not enough.
Quoting: Rcsherwo
Why do people on this site constantly try and trade the Canes a defensemen. We have more NHL quality defenders than we know what to do with and arguably 2 to 3 prospects who are ready play too. We have NO room for another defender which is the whole reason why we are trying to trade a RHD for a forward. We want Adam Fox to sign and if we trade a RHD, he can jump into the lineup immediately when the NCAA season is over in March. He has always said his main goal in signing is to get to the NHL as fast as possible and we can offer him that.

Please help me here, how many NHL LHD do the Canes have? You are absolutely correct that the Canes have great defensive depth but I only saw 2 LHD. How about Scandella for TVR with some of Scandella's salary retained?
Quoting: Shakabakes
I like the overall outline of the Ranger deal. I am all about riding the team of big contracts and clearing space. That being said, I still think the Rangers can get a little bit more in compensation based on some of those players. Outside of Guhle and the 3rd, there is nothing of redeeming value coming back to the Rangers. Which I get. It's a Cap dump. We mainly take back crap now for the financial benefit in the future. Still, outside of Smith, the other 3 players still have some value.

I proposed a deal just yesterday that sent Vesey, Strome and Smith to Buffalo for Moulson, Pominville and a 3rd. I thought that was relatively fair. So when I see this in comparison to that, I see the Rangers adding Shattenkirk for Guhle, Nelson, Sobotka and O'Regan.

I get that Shatty isn't worth his current contract, but he still has more value than that. Staal would better suited for that return. If anything, I would even retain some of Shatty's salary to get a better return.

Yup, I stole your post (do you see the URL?) and added a trade I saw for Shattenkirk that included the extra pieces. I really liked the deal you proposed, I was trying to get Shattenkirk as well.
Shakabakes liked this.
Feb. 5, 2019 at 12:29 p.m.
Quoting: gretzkyghosts
You are correct this was of course a reach, I saw a trade for him that was about the same coming back. Actually Nelson has done well in the NHL this year and Guhle has a decent upside. So I thought it would be 2 defense men prospects and a 3rd for Shattenkirk, probably not enough.

Please help me here, how many NHL LHD do the Canes have? You are absolutely correct that the Canes have great defensive depth but I only saw 2 LHD. How about Scandella for TVR with some of Scandella's salary retained?

Yup, I stole your post (do you see the URL?) and added a trade I saw for Shattenkirk that included the extra pieces. I really liked the deal you proposed, I was trying to get Shattenkirk as well.

Did not know the URL was mine. I am honored to be your inspiration, haha.
Feb. 5, 2019 at 12:32 p.m.
Quoting: Victor_Hockey
Honestly, the rangers/sabres trade isn't that bad. O'Regan is a leading goal scorer for the Rochester Americans 30 pts - 45 games. Guhle is a promising prospect in the sabres prospect pool. Sabres add higher pick and this goes through.

Peter Holland has been a Point per Game producer in the AHL his entire career, but at age 28, still can't maintain a Full time spot on an NHL roster. AHL success doesn't always mean NHL success. O'Regan looks like he fits that mold.
Feb. 5, 2019 at 12:36 p.m.
Quoting: Victor_Hockey
Honestly, the rangers/sabres trade isn't that bad. O'Regan is a leading goal scorer for the Rochester Americans 30 pts - 45 games. Guhle is a promising prospect in the Sabres prospect pool. Sabres add higher pick and this goes through.

Yup, that is the way that I see it. Moulson and Pominville are included to balance the cap this year and maybe the Rangers could flip Pominville to WSH for Burakovsky? Sobotka was included to balance the NHL rosters, but he could be taken out easily, or he may have value at the TDL to a team looking for a PK forward who can win face offs. The Sabres need to add but this is a start and would be a HUGE exchange of players.
Shakabakes liked this.
Feb. 5, 2019 at 12:52 p.m.

The CAR trade was a bit of whimsy. I hope you noticed BUF got all of the picks given up for Skinner and BUF gave away picks from other team.
Feb. 5, 2019 at 1:18 p.m.
STH
Quoting: gretzkyghosts
The CAR trade was a bit of whimsy. I hope you noticed BUF got all of the picks given up for Skinner and BUF gave away picks from other team.

No worries man, I did notice that ha.

As far as your other comment, we are stacked on both sides. We have Slavin/DeHaan as our top 2 on the left with both TVR and Pesce playing LD since we have too many on the right. We also have Fluery who is 100% ready to play in the NHL and would be starting for 90% of the other teams in the league right now but since he is still waivers exempt he has spent time back and forth with Charlotte. Bean is another LHD who is in the AHL and could arguably be ready for the NHL, will def get a shot to make the team full time next year. He played well in his audition earlier this year and currently leads the AHL in points by a defender while playing solid solid defense. Adding another guy to the mix just isnt in the cards, even if we send TVR out we still have cheaper and some would say more effective options for a 3rd pair LD.

This also doesn't account for strong AHL vets like McKeown and Carrick who would fill a 3rd pair role admirably. Both of which could prob play in the NHL on many other teams.

I appreciate you thinking of the Canes though!
Feb. 5, 2019 at 1:22 p.m.
No worries man, I did notice that ha.

As far as your other comment, we are stacked on both sides. We have Slavin/DeHaan as our top 2 on the left with both TVR and Pesce playing LD since we have too many on the right. We also have Fluery who is 100% ready to play in the NHL and would be starting for 90% of the other teams in the league right now but since he is still waivers exempt he has spent time back and forth with Charlotte. Bean is another LHD who is in the AHL and could arguably be ready for the NHL, will def get a shot to make the team full time next year. He played well in his audition earlier this year and currently leads the AHL in points by a defender while playing solid solid defense. Adding another guy to the mix just isnt in the cards, even if we send TVR out we still have cheaper and some would say more effective options for a 3rd pair LD.

This also doesn't account for strong AHL vets like McKeown and Carrick who would fill a 3rd pair role admirably. Both of which could prob play in the NHL on many other teams.

I appreciate you thinking of the Canes though!

Thank you for your feedback, this is what I like about CF. I know CAR is loaded with defense and I know that there was an imbalance of L/R, while Buffalo could use a RHD so I was hoping there could be a dea..

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll