Forums/Armchair-GM

Most realistic way to keep everyone

Created by: Carl_Swaglin
Team: 2019-20 Toronto Maple Leafs
Initial Creation Date: Feb. 15, 2019
Published: Feb. 15, 2019
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Hey i worked pretty hard on this, so plz dont be that leafs fan that's gonna come in and say marner is gonna make 8x8 at a 99 point pace despite being a franchise pillar and a top 5 RW imo (fyi, Kuch, Kane, Stone, Pasta, Mitch)

Here's the rundown

Off the books:

Gards: 4.05 (UFA)
Hainsey: 3 (UFA/Retirement)
Z: 4.5 (dumped for a 2nd and a spec or something like that)
Brown: 2.1 (traded at draft to a team lacking rw depth for like a 3rd and 4th)
Total Cap Relief: 13.65

Extensions:
AM: 11.634x5
Marner: 10.5x4 (signs a matthews-esk contract, both take them to ufa. Marner's camp think he's worth every bit matthews. I'd assume theyre looking for 11.616x4 (Or more with a longer contact, but the leafs would lose a lot of their ability to change the roster with less cap space). But maybe Dubas can sell C being more valuable than W, jersey sales compared to matthews (showing they make more money from matthews and therefore he is worth more [top selling jersey last year ahead of McDavid and Crosby while Mitch wasn't top 15]), and a slight discount on top of that just to get his cap hit rounded to a nice 10.5. Marner comes down from 11.616 to 10.5 on a shorter term, saving about 1.1 mil, but small discounts are huge for cash strapped teams and add up)
Kap: 4x3 (takes him to ufa, on a pretty team-friendly deal for what he provides and staggers matthews mitch and kap so the leafs can plan)
Johnsson: 2x2 (Bridge)
Ennis: 700x1 (Stays for the medical staff who have already helped him tremendously)
Oz: 925x2(Same contract, just extended 2 years for stability)
Lindholm (Traded/unsigned)
Adds: 29.53 (- current elc cost) about 25.4

Change: +11.7 mil

Current cap space without added players: About 10.5 mil (82 mil cap)

Leafs have the assets to orpik Marleau, and he'd agree to waive his no movement clause because he makes more money and helps the leafs cap wise. say he signs to 2x1. The team buying him out only having 1.25 mil against the cap and nothing year 2. Salary wise, only 416,667 thousand per season, so a team like arz could realistically do this without financial strain)

Cap space after: about 14.75

Forgot Sparks 925x1 prove that he can be a consistent nhl backup

Lindholm: 850x2 (cap space for more depth, can be let go if needed) (Not included in final cap space estimate as they let him go in this plan)

14.75-11.5= 3.25 under the cap to make a signing or a trade

It's possible if the leafs play their cards correctly, everything can go smoothly. They can replenish depth with that farm system they had built up over all of those bad years and low aav savy cap friendly *wink* depth signings. This is the model of success the penguins and black hawks have followed, keep your stars for about 5 years then lock them up 8 till the end of their carrer, while replenishing depth with through the draft in the 3rd-7th round, sometimes 1sts or 2nds if they weren't traded, but they could be used to add/modify your roster which will happen quite a lot while contending. Try to sign college free agents, they're low risk high reward. some times you get valuable players like Adam Oats, Blake Wheeler,Ed Belfore, and Joe Mullen. More recently guys like Kevin Hayes and Zach Aston Reese, and Will Butcher. This also applies to players out of mens leagues. Bring them to training camp and see what you have. Maybe someone that can be effective.

The point of this is to show the leafs can be a powerhouse for years to come with smart moves.

Here's the team lol thanks for reading my entire explanation if you got this far. Also i tweaked the contracts a few times so the final numbers could be slightly off but nothing more than a mil either way hopefully.

Theoretical trades/Signing/Lineup (This part isn't as important as the cap management, this is just to show how a possible roster could look like. I'm not a leafs fan, so i may not get everything right. This is just to show a roster potentially ice next year.

Lineup details:
Lilly plays 30-45 games, more if he looks good or he gets sent back to the ahl if he isnt ready. You give him a shot playing 2nd powerplay sometimes to let him work his offensive instincts. While in the ahl, he plays top PP and PK while honing his game to become more well rounded and nhl ready.

Give Marchment more time in the AHL, he can come up when marleau leaves next season

With the new cap space the leafs have, they address a the need for a top 4 RHD via FA. Jensen was traded at the deadline as a rental, hit FA, and the leafs sign him

They also sign veteran defenseman Ben Lovejoy to be a steady player and split games with Lilly. With Lovejoy, Lilly, and Holl, the leafs blue line can withstand an injury or 2 without falling apart. Also the leafs have flexibility with who they play every night with 8 nhl dmen every night.

Also I've spent way to much time on this, so the specs that need re-signed are all most likely gonna be in the ahl barring a call up due to injury. All to < 925k contacts
Free Agent Signings
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
4$10,500,000
3$4,000,000
2$2,000,000
2$800,000
2$750,000
1$925,000
UFAYEARSCAP HIT
1$700,000
1$700,000
2$3,550,000
1$925,000
CREATEDYEARSCAP HIT
Marleau, Patrick
1$2,000,000
Trades
TOR
    Low penalty on the cap and a small salary to pay (about 900k over 2 years), so the yotes pick up a mid round pick for relatively no negative consequences. Leafs do it to shed 4.25 in cap. Mutual low cost high return move.
    ARI
    1. Marleau, Patrick
    2. 2021 3rd round pick (TOR)
    Additional Details:
    Agrees to waive NMC so he can be bought out and sign a 2 milx1 year extension with the leafs.
    TOR
    1. 2019 3rd round pick (NYI)
    2. 2020 4th round pick (EDM)
    Additional Details:
    RW that can play with McDavid and possibly turn into a 40+ point guy, giving the oilers a large profit margin.
    EDM
    1. Brown, Connor
    Additional Details:
    The leafs get more cap space, get picks, and clear the log jam at RW (Marner, Nylander, Kapanen)
    TOR
      Detriot acquires both picks and a project defenseman with a bad contact. The term really sinks Z's value. If they could Replenish Z, this trade looks pretty good for the wings.
      DET
      1. Zaitsev, Nikita
      2. 2019 3rd round pick (NYI)
      3. 2020 2nd round pick (TOR)
      Additional Details:
      Toronto dumps a bad contract while giving up part of the brown return to soften the blow. Possibly need to add depending on how Z finishes the season.
      Retained Salary Transactions
      DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
      Logo of the TOR
      Logo of the TOR
      Logo of the TOR
      Logo of the EDM
      Logo of the TOR
      Logo of the TOR
      Logo of the EDM
      Logo of the SJS
      Logo of the TOR
      Logo of the TOR
      Logo of the TOR
      Logo of the TOR
      Logo of the TOR
      Logo of the TOR
      Logo of the TOR
      Logo of the TOR
      Logo of the TOR
      Logo of the TOR
      Logo of the TOR
      Logo of the TOR
      Logo of the TOR
      ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
      23$82,000,000$81,590,532$0$482,500$409,468

Roster

Left WingCentreRight Wing
      Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
      $2,250,000$2,250,000
      RW, LW
      M-NTC
      UFA - 2
      $11,634,000$11,634,000
      C
      UFA - 5
      $6,962,366$6,962,366
      RW
      UFA - 5
      $2,000,000$2,000,000
      LW, RW
      UFA - 4
      $11,000,000$11,000,000
      C, LW
      NMC
      UFA - 6
      $10,500,000$10,500,000
      RW
      UFA - 6
      $4,000,000$4,000,000
      RW
      UFA - 3
      $4,500,000$4,500,000
      C
      M-NTC
      UFA - 3
      $842,500$842,500 (Performance Bonus$82,500$82K)
      RW
      UFA - 1
      Marleau, Patrick
      $2,000,000$2,000,000
      $675,000$675,000
      C
      UFA - 1
      $775,000$775,000
      LW, RW
      UFA - 2
      Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
      $5,000,000$5,000,000
      LD
      UFA - 3
      $4,000,000$4,000,000
      LD
      UFA - 1
      $5,000,000$5,000,000
      G
      M-NTC
      UFA - 2
      $863,333$863,333
      LD/RD
      UFA - 1
      $3,550,000$3,550,000
      RD
      UFA - 4
      $750,000$750,000
      LD
      UFA - 2
      $863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$400,000$400K)
      RD
      RFA - 3
      $925,000$925,000
      G
      UFA - 1
      ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
      $700,000$700,000
      LW, RW
      UFA - 1
      $5,300,000$5,300,000
      RW
      M-NTC, NMC
      UFA - 1
      $925,000$925,000
      RD
      UFA
      $675,000$675,000
      RD
      UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
      • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
      Feb. 15, 2019 at 11:47 p.m.
      Boris Bagel
      switch to decaf ....awesome face
      Feb. 15, 2019 at 11:51 p.m.
      Carl_Swaglin
      Quoting: BorisBagel
      switch to decaf ....awesome face

I was gonna grind an essay so I popped an adderall but somehow this ended up happening

Im not even a leaf fan tears of joy
      Feb. 15, 2019 at 11:54 p.m.
      Formerly Jamiepo
      The one major flaw here is marleau’s 35+ contract. Not sure if we could slip this one by the league.
      Feb. 15, 2019 at 11:59 p.m.
      Carl_Swaglin
      Quoting: Jamiepo
      The one major flaw here is marleau’s 35+ contract. Not sure if we could slip this one by the league.

I mean the deal is essentially marleau to the cyotes for a 3rd, the buyout calc didn't mention a penalty
      Feb. 16, 2019 at 12:02 a.m.
      Formerly Jamiepo
      Quoting: Carl_Swaglin
      I mean the deal is essentially marleau to the cyotes for a 3rd, the buyout calc didn't mention a penalty

.... check the column for cap hit and you may see why the league would see an issue with the buyout.
      Feb. 16, 2019 at 12:02 a.m.
      Carl_Swaglin

actually yes, i made a mistake. The buyout will have marleau's full 6.25 cap hit against the the yotes, but they still have amble space to fit that. The salary is still super low so they can afford that. Dont pay the cap hits so it essentially still works
      Feb. 16, 2019 at 12:05 a.m.
      Formerly Jamiepo
      actually yes, i made a mistake. The buyout will have marleau's full 6.25 cap hit against the the yotes, but they still have amble space to fit that. The salary is still super low so they can afford that. Dont pay the cap hits so it essentially still works

So why buy him out? Remember the leafs can not ask for his contract to be bought out. That would be collusion and cap circumvention.

What motivates the Yotes other than collusion to buy him out?
      Feb. 16, 2019 at 12:08 a.m.
      Just Keep Swimming
      Alright: Not too bad but a few things:

1) There is almost certainly no way in hell the Leafs can Orpik Marleau. He is too good to reasonably be bought out by whatever ****show of a team he gets sent to, and his NMC added to that means that collusion is the only real explanation. This would be axed by the league and massive punishment would follow. I would love if they somehow pulled it off, but it is just as credible an option as an offersheet is a threat.

2) Im not convinced Zaitzev has negative value, and neither do insiders. Among the ~200 hockey men running the league, someone will give him a shot for cheap. Im thinking a (conditional?) 5th. That specific return is just a weird hunch I have.

3) If Mitch were to get that money, they wouldn't be walking him to UFA. Say that at 6 years rather than 4 (wont do 5 either as the big 3 would all be up in 1 year - this has been reported by CJ I think).

4) Brown is worth more than that (IDK why he gets no love), if he went to EDM (would be a smart move for EDM) he could get a 2nd or JP if the rumours are really true they will trade JP.

5) That is a big overpay on Kapanen. He gets around that (just a touch more) if you go to 6 years (the Dvorak contract). On a bridge deal (2 years) he would get <=3.

6) Liljegren will likely not start with the Leafs, expect a mid season call up for him as he has been injured much of this year.

7) Johnsson likely gets a bit more aav and a longer term. He took a 1 year deal to get more money, so he will be looking for a longer bridge. Think ~3-4@2.5aav.

8)Im not sure Bracco is ready yet. Might be a mid season call up like Moore has been.

9) Babs has played everyone but Kapanen over Kapanen on the left wing, so lineup wise he will be a RW.

10) If we give sparks that kind of aav, it'll be for 3 years (expansion draft protection) like everyone else has been doing, otherwise 1-2@~800k.

11) From what I have seen on here and by searching the internet, you overpaid Jensen by $1-1.5 million. Sounds like he might get the Kempny deal or a touch less.

12) due to cap, we probably get someone cheaper to be the extra over lovejoy.

Most of these were small gripes, so overall not too bad.
      Feb. 16, 2019 at 12:24 a.m.
      LongtimeLeafsufferer
      If Zaitsev is such bad value and I don't know why the Wings would want him, especially if you're signing "their" UFA at less money. Big hopes that Bracco and Liljegren are NHL ready. Marleau, resigning iffy.
      Feb. 16, 2019 at 12:27 a.m.
      Detroit's rebuild is going well and Holland has a plan and is sticking to it, much to my surprise. He has made it clear that he wants prospects and picks and has no problems not making any trades and just resigning players. I don't expect to see Detroit being very active in free agency they have some bad contracts that they need to move first and the same goes for next years TDL being sellers or nothing at all. Plus Detroit already has a log jam at D. I really don't think Detroit will do this at least not for a 2nd and a 3rd. I honestly think the only team that will take Zaitsev is The Islanders.
      mikearky liked this.
      Feb. 16, 2019 at 12:49 a.m.
      Carl_Swaglin
      Quoting: Random2152
      Alright: Not too bad but a few things:

1) There is almost certainly no way in hell the Leafs can Orpik Marleau. He is too good to reasonably be bought out by whatever ****show of a team he gets sent to, and his NMC added to that means that collusion is the only real explanation. This would be axed by the league and massive punishment would follow. I would love if they somehow pulled it off, but it is just as credible an option as an offersheet is a threat.

2) Im not convinced Zaitzev has negative value, and neither do insiders. Among the ~200 hockey men running the league, someone will give him a shot for cheap. Im thinking a (conditional?) 5th. That specific return is just a weird hunch I have.

3) If Mitch were to get that money, they wouldn't be walking him to UFA. Say that at 6 years rather than 4 (wont do 5 either as the big 3 would all be up in 1 year - this has been reported by CJ I think).

4) Brown is worth more than that (IDK why he gets no love), if he went to EDM (would be a smart move for EDM) he could get a 2nd or JP if the rumours are really true they will trade JP.

5) That is a big overpay on Kapanen. He gets around that (just a touch more) if you go to 6 years (the Dvorak contract). On a bridge deal (2 years) he would get <=3.

6) Liljegren will likely not start with the Leafs, expect a mid season call up for him as he has been injured much of this year.

7) Johnsson likely gets a bit more aav and a longer term. He took a 1 year deal to get more money, so he will be looking for a longer bridge. Think ~3-4@2.5aav.

8)Im not sure Bracco is ready yet. Might be a mid season call up like Moore has been.

9) Babs has played everyone but Kapanen over Kapanen on the left wing, so lineup wise he will be a RW.

10) If we give sparks that kind of aav, it'll be for 3 years (expansion draft protection) like everyone else has been doing, otherwise 1-2@~800k.

11) From what I have seen on here and by searching the internet, you overpaid Jensen by $1-1.5 million. Sounds like he might get the Kempny deal or a touch less.

12) due to cap, we probably get someone cheaper to be the extra over lovejoy.

Most of these were small gripes, so overall not too bad.

Marleau is def not worth 6.25 mil tho, reasonable for the buyout especially if its considered a cap dump trade. Then the yotes dont want him (only the pick), so they buy him out. He is fair game at that point. Also i dont think the nhl can call circumvention on a playing waiving a clause. The clause is based on the interests of the player, and the nhl cant decide the intentions of a player

I mean if someone thinks Z is worth anything instantly pull the trigger tbh

The reason the mitch contract is like that is because he feels like he deserves the matthews treatment. He already took less money than matthews, but he kept the leverage of being a UFA for his next contract.

I mean Brown may be worth a 2nd on a contending team, but not an edm 2nd. If they miss the playoffs the 2nd is not far off from a 1st (im sure the oilers wouldnt want to spend that on Brown), but the leafs get a high 3rd another pick.

Kappy is on pace for about 52 points this season brings lightning fast speed, PK and PP. Dvorak has 70 points in 156 games, and doesn't bring the explosiveness and energy that kap does. 4x3 for a young guy with those qualities makes your worth 5 mil easy. Speed is the game and Kap is speed. Bridge is the way to go so you dont have to hand over those big bucks.

I'm saying play lilly in a few different roles in pre-season, give him his 7 games, if he doesn't look ready send him down. Lovejoy/Holl can fill in fine. Maybe there's an injury, Lilly comes up, holds a spot for a little longer, then gets sent down. Im saying he plays about 25-40 games in the nhl if he looks fine. Otherwise you have more qualified and stable players

No one wants to take a 3/4 year deal at 2.5 mil. He would be wasting parts of his prime making 3/4 LW money when he will be and already looks like a top 6LW in flashes. Kid will be bridge into some very productive years and be able to get 5-6 mil instead of those last years of the super long bridge where he gets 2.5 depending on the cap. It makes more money and in the end that is the bottom line for contracts

I think bracco in a sheltered role would work for him. He's tearing up the ahl, maybe its time for him to get a crack with a roster spot opening up for him

Good to know, just swap him and bracco ig

its a max ahl contact, playing backup in the nhl i think deserves that. If Sparks wants to make 1-2 mil as a backup he can by proving that he's worth it. If not, he can be a 900k goalie. Its how to get the best performance out of your players, if you give him a 1x3 contract he has a nhl job for 3 years and making a comfortable figure. Maybe he doesn't play so well knowing he'll be payed for the next 3 years and in the nhl. If you give him a 1 year ahl contract, he's gotta work for that nhl payday. thats why contract years work so well. Prove you're worth it. Or just find a different backup it doesn't matter tbh

Jensen has been a fine dman in detriot, which is more than i can say about everyone else on that blueline. He's gonna get payed more than he's worth, its fa. People bid. He's a #4 RHD and will do his job well, and is what the leafs can afford

yeah just get any #7 vet dman to help out, just someone with experience winning with grit that isn't a liability out there. That's why i went with lovejoy, but any dman like that works
      Feb. 16, 2019 at 12:53 a.m.
      Carl_Swaglin
      Quoting: palhal
      If Zaitsev is such bad value and I don't know why the Wings would want him, especially if you're signing "their" UFA at less money. Big hopes that Bracco and Liljegren are NHL ready. Marleau, resigning iffy.

Jensen went as a rental to a team looking to beef up their blue line, he's been in rumors for like a month now, probably moving. Detriot takes Z because they're getting payed to lol. Marleau is a good friend and mentor in the leafs room, need to keep him around. He wouldn't waive his nmc if he wasn't coming back. Bracco in a sheltered role with offensive line mates playing against weaker comp could thrive. He's lighting up the ahl, you gotta come to the nhl sometimes. Lilly is hopeful yes, but thats why there are 2 solid proven nhlers as options if Lilly isnt ready.
      Feb. 16, 2019 at 12:56 a.m.
      Carl_Swaglin
      So why buy him out? Remember the leafs can not ask for his contract to be bought out. That would be collusion and cap circumvention.

What motivates the Yotes other than collusion to buy him out?

This is a classic napkin deal. They agree to do this under the table, if arz were to not buy out marleau, the gms rep would be ruined. He'd be unreliable. That's why these things work. The yotes got cap space to work with so 6.25 doesnt really hurt them. They dont spend to the cap
      Feb. 16, 2019 at 1:02 a.m.
      Carl_Swaglin
      Quoting: aedoran
      Detroit's rebuild is going well and Holland has a plan and is sticking to it, much to my surprise. He has made it clear that he wants prospects and picks and has no problems not making any trades and just resigning players. I don't expect to see Detroit being very active in free agency they have some bad contracts that they need to move first and the same goes for next years TDL being sellers or nothing at all. Plus Detroit already has a log jam at D. I really don't think Detroit will do this at least not for a 2nd and a 3rd. I honestly think the only team that will take Zaitsev is The Islanders.

Holland's plan is to play the young guys in sheltered roles or ahl while getting picks and specs. Holland is getting a project, and if it works he looks like a genius. Adds a top 4RHD a 2nd and a 3rd for nothing. If not, he still got picks and a top 6 dman who can keep the young guys fighting for a spot on the roster. Rn, they got guys like cholo and hronick who are better than the worst dman, they're being held down in the ahl. Z up there would allow detriot to trade a dman like Daley 1/2 retained or Jensen. Also if the isles want him for less they can have him, just an idea.
      Feb. 16, 2019 at 1:41 a.m.
      A Big problem with the Marlaeu contact, is the buy out window ends June 30 before the signing bonus gets paid out. So the receiving team would have to pay the 4.25 million in real money plus have the 6.25 cap hit. That will cost a lot more than a third
      mikearky liked this.
      Feb. 16, 2019 at 2:01 a.m.
      Formerly Jamiepo
      This is a classic napkin deal. They agree to do this under the table, if arz were to not buy out marleau, the gms rep would be ruined. He'd be unreliable. That's why these things work. The yotes got cap space to work with so 6.25 doesnt really hurt them. They dont spend to the cap

This certainly is... that’s why it is collusion. There is no reasonable answer as to why the team receiving marleau would buy him out. Maybe he isn’t worth 6.25 (I could debate that) Either way buy out or not they are taking the cap hit. I also believe that marleau would have to clear waivers as well... risky business if you as me.
      Feb. 16, 2019 at 2:12 a.m.
      Formerly Jamiepo
      Quoting: Brumble
      A Big problem with the Marlaeu contact, is the buy out window ends June 30 before the signing bonus gets paid out. So the receiving team would have to pay the 4.25 million in real money plus have the 6.25 cap hit. That will cost a lot more than a third

This is a good point but it’s not the receiving team that gets the raw deal. Marleau will lose the money.

The team buying him out would only be on the hook for $833,333.... marleau however would surrender 3.45m. Meaning the leafs would need to resign him at that amount...

Now if that doesn’t smell like collusion...
      Feb. 16, 2019 at 2:27 a.m.
      Just Keep Swimming
      This is a good point but it’s not the receiving team that gets the raw deal. Marleau will lose the money.

The team buying him out would only be on the hook for $833,333.... marleau however would surrender 3.45m. Meaning the leafs would need to resign him at that amount...

Now if that doesn’t smell like collusion...

No, he gets the signing bonus too, so Marleau would be making ~3.8 of the ~4.25 owed.
      Signing Bonuses are exempt from buyouts remember.
      GenXHockey and mikearky liked this.
      Feb. 16, 2019 at 4:03 a.m.
      Formerly Jamiepo
      Quoting: Random2152
      No, he gets the signing bonus too, so Marleau would be making ~3.8 of the ~4.25 owed.
      Signing Bonuses are exempt from buyouts remember.

Right you are but not being able to pay his signing bonus would mean that a lot of teams with cap space would not do this. Any team on a budget.
      mikearky liked this.
      Feb. 16, 2019 at 7:35 a.m.
      Holland's plan is to play the young guys in sheltered roles or ahl while getting picks and specs. Holland is getting a project, and if it works he looks like a genius. Adds a top 4RHD a 2nd and a 3rd for nothing. If not, he still got picks and a top 6 dman who can keep the young guys fighting for a spot on the roster. Rn, they got guys like cholo and hronick who are better than the worst dman, they're being held down in the ahl. Z up there would allow detriot to trade a dman like Daley 1/2 retained or Jensen. Also if the isles want him for less they can have him, just an idea.

Holland only wanting picks and prospects like you said is part of it. He is also moving out older players (getting younger) and working on moving some of their bad contracts out so come 2020 free agency he has as much cap space as he can get.. I also think Cholowski and Hronek are better than half our D. Make no mistake Green, Daley, Dekeyser, Ericsson, Jensen and even Kronwall are or have been on the market. Now Jensen and Kronwall are in the last year of their contracts. Kronwall is going to retire and If Holland doesn't get what he wants Jenson he will resign him. The Green, Daley, Dekeyser and Ericsson all have contacts that make them almost untradeable. We have 4 D that will be back in Detroit because no one wants them with their bad contracts. So adding Zaitsev will put Detroit in the situation they're in now with one d spot open. You keep referring to Zaitsev as a project he's 27 a year or so from the age most D peak. He doesn't help Detroit and he adds to Detroit bad contracts. I'm sorry but from my point of view as a Detroit fan, Detroit is only getting a 2nd and a 3rd for Zaitsev's contract.
      Feb. 16, 2019 at 9:30 a.m.
      arky
      Marleau cap hit for one year is 6.25 million because there is no advantage to buyout a 35+ contract. He would get his signing bonus and cost 6.25 towards the cap for the following year. That is a lot for any team to swallow.

To create a post please Login or Register
      Question:
      Options:
      Add Option
      Submit Poll