SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Armchair-GM

this offseason

Mar. 6, 2019 at 9:58 a.m.
Really need to stop with that marleau crap. It won't happen.
mikearky liked this.
Mar. 6, 2019 at 9:59 a.m.
Kings v5 GM
Quoting: wojme
Really need to stop with that marleau crap. It won't happen.

it wasnt going to happen with orpik either but look what happened. even if that trade didnt happen they would still be under the cap until the next season when he will leave
Mar. 6, 2019 at 10:00 a.m.
Quoting: Jack_
it wasnt going to happen with orpik either but look what happened

That wasn't planned. The league will look into this and penalize the leafs for cap circumvention.
mikearky liked this.
Mar. 6, 2019 at 10:02 a.m.
Kings v5 GM
Quoting: wojme
That wasn't planned. The league will look into this and penalize the leafs for cap circumvention.

it probably wouldnt be much more then a fine and they would pay that off in an instant.
Mar. 6, 2019 at 10:25 a.m.
Sam
Why is everyone so against this happening with patty. the leafs literally have someone hired pretty much as a capologist and they obviously are going to try their best to fit the best team possible under the cap. Gotta just let the leaf haters hate.
Mar. 6, 2019 at 10:36 a.m.
Kings v5 GM
Quoting: sammy27awesome
Why is everyone so against this happening with patty. the leafs literally have someone hired pretty much as a capologist and they obviously are going to try their best to fit the best team possible under the cap. Gotta just let the leaf haters hate.

i am a huge leafs fan but marleau's contract isnt good. he isnt producing as much and not really driving play at all. He is a solid 4th line/pp guy who can fill in up the lineup but he doesnt bring enough to the table to justify his contract. Its the same thing with zaitsev, if they were both making much less I would want them on the team but the cap space is much better used other places
Mar. 6, 2019 at 10:38 a.m.
In Pridham we trust
Well for one the buyout period happens before July 1st, so this deal doesn't work.

Before you say there is 2 buyout periods, the 2nd buyout period is only applicable to players that were on the roster as of the trade deadline the previous year.
mikearky liked this.
Mar. 6, 2019 at 12:20 p.m.
i am a huge leafs fan but marleau's contract isnt good. he isnt producing as much and not really driving play at all. He is a solid 4th line/pp guy who can fill in up the lineup but he doesnt bring enough to the table to justify his contract. Its the same thing with zaitsev, if they were both making much less I would want them on the team but the cap space is much better used other places

I agree with you but you cant just dumb the guy he has a no move no trade. Why would he want to be trade to a **** team in his last year if he has a chance at a cup just because you can need is money in other places?? Marleau is not going anywhere unless he really gets hurt and goes on LTIR.
Mar. 6, 2019 at 12:27 p.m.
Quoting: Barilko14
Well for one the buyout period happens before July 1st, so this deal doesn't work.

Before you say there is 2 buyout periods, the 2nd buyout period is only applicable to players that were on the roster as of the trade deadline the previous year.

Careful Barilko, using common sense and facts will get you branded a leaf hater.
Mar. 6, 2019 at 12:33 p.m.
Kings v5 GM
Quoting: Fignn
I agree with you but you cant just dumb the guy he has a no move no trade. Why would he want to be trade to a **** team in his last year if he has a chance at a cup just because you can need is money in other places?? Marleau is not going anywhere unless he really gets hurt and goes on LTIR.

thats why i did the Brooks Orpik thing where they buy him out and sign him again. it would benefit him because he could make more money, and the leafs would be able to sign better team around him and help him win a cup with the cap space the trade frees up.
Mar. 6, 2019 at 1:58 p.m.
thats why i did the Brooks Orpik thing where they buy him out and sign him again. it would benefit him because he could make more money, and the leafs would be able to sign better team around him and help him win a cup with the cap space the trade frees up.

i hope your right.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll