C
NMC
UFA - 4
Logo of the Boston Bruins
$6,666,667$6,666,667
RW
UFA - 5
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$425,000$425K)
RW, LW
UFA - 2
$7,250,000$7,250,000
C
NMC
UFA - 3
$4,500,000$4,500,000
C, RW
NMC
UFA - 3
$2,750,000$2,750,000
LW, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$3,200,000$3,200,000
C, RW
UFA - 2
$872,500$872,500 (Performance Bonus$212,500$212K)
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$1,000,000$1,000,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$1,250,000$1,250,000
RW, C
UFA - 2
$1,275,000$1,275,000
C, LW
UFA - 3
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$5,000,000$5,000,000 (Performance Bonus$1,750,000$2M)
LD
NMC
UFA - 1
$789,167$789,167
RD
UFA - 1
$7,000,000$7,000,000
G
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$5,250,000$5,250,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$725,000$725,000
RD
UFA - 2
$2,750,000$2,750,000
G
UFA - 2
$1,400,000$1,400,000
LD
UFA - 2
$2,750,000$2,750,000
LD
UFA - 5
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$725,000$725,000
C, RW
UFA - 1
$750,000$750,000 (Performance Bonus$25,000$25K)
RW
UFA - 2
$650,000$650,000
G
UFA - 1
$916,667$916,667 (Performance Bonus$500,000$500K)
RD
UFA - 1
$650,000$650,000
RD
UFA - 1
$2,500,000$2,500,000
RD
UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
May 7, 2019 at 8:50 a.m.
Quoting: Laudan
After Marchand got away with checking the kneeling Harrington into head.....its all fine in NHL-land.....

Quoting: Random2152
This is Boston. I'd be surprised if he even got a call.
I'd drop dead if he got more than a game

Go cry about it and watch your team play golf
Bcarlo25 liked this.
May 7, 2019 at 9:14 a.m.
Edited May 7, 2019 at 9:21 a.m.
Quoting: Savard96

Another thug from moms basement room
Random2152 liked this.
May 7, 2019 at 9:28 a.m.
Quoting: McGruff
...sometimes players get hurt and deserve it.

I cannot accept this statement.
May 7, 2019 at 9:32 a.m.
Quoting: McGruff
Just think back, if the 'puck-off-the-net' in Game 4 BOS/CBJ was really - GAME 7 DOUBLE-OT for THE CUP?
That Mikey-Mouse play would end up being THE CUP WINNER - as the rule is written right now!?
The Situation Room HAS TO BE ABLE TO INTERVENE and make the correct call!

You mean like DAL - BUF? A coaches challenge would have negated that one.
May 7, 2019 at 9:33 a.m.
Edited May 7, 2019 at 12:05 p.m.
Quoting: CD282

Such things can be only accepted or stated by geeks that learned their sports from NHL 2014 to NHL 2019 ( or similar ), cause anyone that have a slightest clue about sports career or was part of the process would know that things like that are life breaking and can put the person out of his lifetime path or can result in even extremer conditions. 20 years of training and giving up to achieve something, destroyed in a second by some reckless goons with vacuum in their heads.
May 7, 2019 at 9:36 a.m.
Bcarlo25
Quoting: pharrow
Mike Milbury is that you?

the league clearly picked favorites in this series. There was no logical reason he wasn't immediately ejected.
No surprise with the 400 power play attempts they were given to help them out in the series. Hell your player cross checked bob and didn't get a penalty but CBJ player crashes into him who going to the net and gets a penalty. Most one sided officiating I have seen all playoffs.

Could have called a 5 when backes got elbowed to the face. Could have called Dubois for running Krug late and high. Could have, idk, not allowed a goal that went out of play. Could have easily not overturned a no goal where you couldn’t get a definitive look. Lots of things went both ways. If you think the league picked a side, you’re either trying to rile people up, or are unforgivably unintelligent
McGruff liked this.
May 7, 2019 at 10:30 a.m.
Quoting: Laudan
Another thug from moms basement room

i mean where ever i am...still get to watch my Bs unlike...............*cough* the leafs *cough*
May 7, 2019 at 10:50 a.m.
GM CRIME DAWG
Quoting: CD282

Yeah, I didn't mean it like that CD - outta line. I was expressing more along the lines of karma or if you're gonna run around all series something usually happens. IMO it was a hockey play that ended badly. That's my opinion and I can see others not agreeing. Good to see Andersen finish it out and show real class in the handshake.
CD282 liked this.
May 7, 2019 at 11:21 a.m.
i mean where ever i am...still get to watch my Bs unlike...............*cough* the leafs *cough*

BURN!

[for the record, my team didn't make the playoffs...]
Savard96 liked this.
May 7, 2019 at 11:40 a.m.
Just Keep Swimming
Quoting: Bcarlo25
Do you think it deserves more than a game? I agree that it deserves a game

He doesn't have a history of suspension that I'm aware of, but he does have a history of dirty plays (slewfooting for example). He should get 2, if the nhldps was consistent from last year with Naz than it would be 3 (Naz should have only been 2 last year).

Now I know they can't actually take the 'lesser' calls into account for this, so going by the strict rules it'll be 1, but considering he left his feet and all the other crap, it should be 3+ in my estimation.

The league is a joke when it comes to head hits and dirty plays, which is where the discrepancy between my preference and the league's likely ruling comes from.

And yes, I would fully support the above for Kadri had he done it too.
May 7, 2019 at 11:42 a.m.
Just Keep Swimming

Enjoy knowingly cheering for the dirtiest team in the league
May 7, 2019 at 11:53 a.m.
Bcarlo25
He doesn't have a history of suspension that I'm aware of, but he does have a history of dirty plays (slewfooting for example). He should get 2, if the nhldps was consistent from last year with Naz than it would be 3 (Naz should have only been 2 last year).

Now I know they can't actually take the 'lesser' calls into account for this, so going by the strict rules it'll be 1, but considering he left his feet and all the other crap, it should be 3+ in my estimation.

The league is a joke when it comes to head hits and dirty plays, which is where the discrepancy between my preference and the league's likely ruling comes from.

And yes, I would fully support the above for Kadri had he done it too.

McAvoy and a history of dirty plays? I don't know if you're thinking of the right player. He plays a hard game but I think it's been pretty darn clean.

Either the way, as far as the league is concerned, this is the first blemish on his resume.

Now, as for the hit. He didn't leave his feet. That's patently untrue. When he made contact his feet were on the ice and that's all that matters. His elbow was tucked, his shoulder was down, and he just caught in a guy in a place where you simply can't catch them anymore. It is 100% an illegal hit, but here is what the league is going to look at.

To determine if it deserves supplemental discipline:
Did it cause an injury? - No.
Was it predatory? - Didn't leave his feet. Didn't launch his elbow. No. Not predatory.
Was it a hockey play? Absolutely. It's the kind of thing that happens a dozen times a game, and if Anderson moves in a different way, it's a good shoulder to shoulder hit.
Was it an illegal check? Absolutely. Illegal hit to the head. Can't have it.

To determine what, if any, supplemental discipline there should be:
Does Charlie McAvoy have any prior history with the department of player safety? No. Not at all.

I can't think of any incident like this that has ever gotten over 1 game, let alone 3+ as you suggest. I think it's between 1 game and a max fine, and I think the league should go with 1 game.
Savard96 liked this.
May 7, 2019 at 11:59 a.m.
Just Keep Swimming
McAvoy and a history of dirty plays? I don't know if you're thinking of the right player. He plays a hard game but I think it's been pretty darn clean.

Either the way, as far as the league is concerned, this is the first blemish on his resume.

Now, as for the hit. He didn't leave his feet. That's patently untrue. When he made contact his feet were on the ice and that's all that matters. His elbow was tucked, his shoulder was down, and he just caught in a guy in a place where you simply can't catch them anymore. It is 100% an illegal hit, but here is what the league is going to look at.

To determine if it deserves supplemental discipline:
Did it cause an injury? - No.
Was it predatory? - Didn't leave his feet. Didn't launch his elbow. No. Not predatory.
Was it a hockey play? Absolutely. It's the kind of thing that happens a dozen times a game, and if Anderson moves in a different way, it's a good shoulder to shoulder hit.
Was it an illegal check? Absolutely. Illegal hit to the head. Can't have it.

To determine what, if any, supplemental discipline there should be:
Does Charlie McAvoy have any prior history with the department of player safety? No. Not at all.

I can't think of any incident like this that has ever gotten over 1 game, let alone 3+ as you suggest. I think it's between 1 game and a max fine, and I think the league should go with 1 game.

"He didn't leave his feet"

This right here is why I can't stand many bs fans online. Look at the footage, he left his feet making the hit. There is never a time when making a hit that you can accidentally leave the ice. It just doesn't work that way.

You cheer for the dirtiest team in the league, and just pretend they are clean. At least I can admit when Kadri gets the red mist.
May 7, 2019 at 12:05 p.m.
Bcarlo25
"He didn't leave his feet"

This right here is why I can't stand many bs fans online. Look at the footage, he left his feet making the hit. There is never a time when making a hit that you can accidentally leave the ice. It just doesn't work that way.

You cheer for the dirtiest team in the league, and just pretend they are clean. At least I can admit when Kadri gets the red mist.

K. but he didn't leave feet until after the hit.....so I don't really know what we're talking about here. Either you don't know the rules or the blue glasses are affecting your vision.
Savard96 liked this.
May 7, 2019 at 12:10 p.m.
Just Keep Swimming
K. but he didn't leave feet until after the hit.....so I don't really know what we're talking about here. Either you don't know the rules or the blue glasses are affecting your vision.

I just switched to desktop, here are the shots:
D59lA7fWAAEajxE.png:large

The back skate is leaving the ice, forcing an upwards motion by propelling off the front skate. He is jumping into the hit.
There is never a reason for your skates to go up like that when delivering a clean hit. If the skates leave the ice like is shown here, you are hitting up rather than out.
In this one frame you can get:
1) leaving the ice
2) High hit
3) intent to injure (because you have to intend to leave your skates, there is no accidentally doing so)

Here is what I mean by McAvoy being dirty:

May 7, 2019 at 12:13 p.m.
Just Keep Swimming

Here is the video so you can see what I mean by jumping into it. Watch how he gets much higher as he jumps into the hit.

May 7, 2019 at 12:13 p.m.
Enjoy knowingly cheering for the dirtiest team in the league

you mad
May 7, 2019 at 12:15 p.m.
Just Keep Swimming
Imagine not wanting people to turn each other into vegetables, and thinking.

you mad
May 7, 2019 at 12:18 p.m.
Bcarlo25
I just switched to desktop, here are the shots:
D59lA7fWAAEajxE.png:large

The back skate is leaving the ice, forcing an upwards motion by propelling off the front skate. He is jumping into the hit.
There is never a reason for your skates to go up like that when delivering a clean hit. If the skates leave the ice like is shown here, you are hitting up rather than out.
In this one frame you can get:
1) leaving the ice
2) High hit
3) intent to injure (because you have to intend to leave your skates, there is no accidentally doing so)

Here is what I mean by McAvoy being dirty:

first off, how do you attach pictures? I was trying to do that as I slowed the video down and found the point of contact with both skates on the ice. I'm starting to come around a bit on the leaving the feet thing, because by the letter of the law, he's good, but it was definitely an upward hit, so I see your point. That said, it was close, and DEFINITELY doesn't fall into the category of predatory. It's a hockey play that went wrong, and turned into an illegal check. As for the video you attached of Marner...c'mon. There isn't a player in the league that doesn't have something like that on their resume. That doesn't even move the needle.

Still though, despite me slightly coming around on the trajectory of the hit, I just can't see how anyone could argue 3+ games. Zero history. Zero injury. McAvoy was in control of his body the entire time, which is what they look for when it comes to predatory charges. He didn't leap. He didn't flail. He didn't launch. He came up, for sure, but I just can't see an argument for more than 1. I think 1 is fair, and on the strict side of fair.
May 7, 2019 at 12:19 p.m.

okay...I mean if you really were concerned about that you would be trying to get rid of the true dirtiest player....kadri....one of the biggest scumbags since Matt Cooke. youre just mad that the "dirtiest team" beat out the two bit leafs. the crap he pulled last year especially to wingels was beyond scumbag
May 7, 2019 at 12:21 p.m.
Bcarlo25
Here is the video so you can see what I mean by jumping into it. Watch how he gets much higher as he jumps into the hit.

but the thing is, if you take that alone, without the head contact, is that a bad hit? Is that a launch, or is that just kind of finishing your hit hard. Most hard hits involve some coiling, and upward trajectory. That's how you create power with your legs. Does that little motion turn it from hockey play to predatory? I just can't see an argument for it. It's not a clean hit, and deserves a game. I just think any more than that is kinda wacky.
May 7, 2019 at 12:26 p.m.
Just Keep Swimming
first off, how do you attach pictures? I was trying to do that as I slowed the video down and found the point of contact with both skates on the ice. I'm starting to come around a bit on the leaving the feet thing, because by the letter of the law, he's good, but it was definitely an upward hit, so I see your point. That said, it was close, and DEFINITELY doesn't fall into the category of predatory. It's a hockey play that went wrong, and turned into an illegal check. As for the video you attached of Marner...c'mon. There isn't a player in the league that doesn't have something like that on their resume. That doesn't even move the needle.

Still though, despite me slightly coming around on the trajectory of the hit, I just can't see how anyone could argue 3+ games. Zero history. Zero injury. McAvoy was in control of his body the entire time, which is what they look for when it comes to predatory charges. He didn't leap. He didn't flail. He didn't launch. He came up, for sure, but I just can't see an argument for more than 1. I think 1 is fair, and on the strict side of fair.

Everyone does that?
Marner, Nylander, Matthews, (etc.) certainly do not. McAvoy does **** like this all the time. In terms of league rules there isn't a lot to be done, but that is an extremely dangerous and dirty play in the same way a knee-on-knee hit is.

Any time you jump into a hit, it is predatory. Jumping into a hit is an extremely concious decision you have to make in order to do. I am perfectly willing to bet he was not trying to hurt the guy, so much as he was trying to get a big hit that 'hurt,' but it is well established that you have to be in control of yourself and conscious of that kind of stuff.

In terms of the 3+ games thing, I am not saying that is what precedent or anything the NHL has done would be. He will get 1 game going by that.
I am saying that it SHOULD be due to the nature of the hit.
May 7, 2019 at 12:27 p.m.
Just Keep Swimming
okay...I mean if you really were concerned about that you would be trying to get rid of the true dirtiest player....kadri....one of the biggest scumbags since Matt Cooke. youre just mad that the "dirtiest team" beat out the two bit leafs. the crap he pulled last year especially to wingels was beyond scumbag

Dude you cheer for the Bruins. Kadri is about 8 levels below the **** your team does on a regular basis
May 7, 2019 at 12:29 p.m.
Bcarlo25

buddy, I've had post concussion syndrome....bad. It cost me a year of my life, and it was from hockey. I think they should do a lot to get head injuries out of the game. That said, if you're coming down on hits like this as the ones that should get guys long term suspensions on their first offense....the game is ruined. It's a fast game and this is so, so, so close to a clean hard shoulder to shoulder check. It moves so fast and players cut back, change direction, velocity etc and totally change the principle point of contact. I agree it's illegal, and should result in a game suspension, but it's kind of borderline. It's not predatory, but it was a little careless, which is why it warrants a suspension. There is a massive difference between malicious and negligent, and suspensions should reflect that.

Let's use Leaf suspensions as examples here: The Zach Hymen hit on McAvoy. It was a bad hit, but if it happened a quarter of a second earlier, it's not that bad. The kid got a little too amped up, and did something negligent, but it wasn't really predatory. a couple regular season games for a guy that wasn't a repeat offender.
Then there's Kadri. Malicious, not negligent. Repeat offender. Big boy suspension.
May 7, 2019 at 12:31 p.m.
Bcarlo25
Dude you cheer for the Bruins. Kadri is about 8 levels below the **** your team does on a regular basis

You and I have been having a pretty rational and polite discussion on this, but turning this into "your team is dirtier than mine," is kind of getting away from that. The league suspended more maple leafs than bruins this year.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll