Forums/Armchair-GM

Toronto accept the fact they need defence

Created by: a1111
Team: 2018-19 Toronto Maple Leafs
Initial Creation Date: Apr. 23, 2019
Published: May 10, 2019
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Dont worry we dont even want that trade i just wanna stir a little bit of steam outta da pot .
Trades
Retained Salary Transactions
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the STL
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the DAL
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the SJS
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
23$79,500,000$77,314,601$2,550,000$4,550,000$2,185,399
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$2,250,000$2,250,000
RW, LW
UFA - 3
$11,000,000$11,000,000
C, LW
NMC
UFA - 7
$894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
RW
UFA - 1
$787,500$787,500
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,850,000$3M)
C
UFA - 1
$863,333$863,333
RW
UFA - 1
$6,250,000$6,250,000
LW, C
NMC
UFA - 2
$4,500,000$4,500,000
C
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$2,100,000$2,100,000
RW, LW
UFA - 2
$650,000$650,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$675,000$675,000
C
UFA - 2
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$874,125$874,125
C, LW, RW
UFA - 1
$5,300,000$5,300,000
RW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 2
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$5,000,000$5,000,000
LD
UFA - 4
Logo of the Montreal Canadiens
$7,857,143$7,857,143
RD
UFA - 8
$5,000,000$5,000,000
G
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$4,050,000$4,050,000
LD
UFA - 1
$4,500,000$4,500,000
RD
UFA - 6
$1,300,000$1,300,000
G
UFA - 1
$4,000,000$4,000,000
LD
UFA - 2
$3,000,000$3,000,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$863,333$863,333
LD/RD
UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
May 11, 2019 at 6:51 a.m.
Nashville will pay all penalty if Weber doesn't fill his contract. So he's far away from a contract like Lucic.
a1111 liked this.
May 11, 2019 at 7:19 a.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Quoting: rja40
Imagine if the Leafs had actually agreed to the Pietrangelo trade this past off-season. They didn't, yet again over-valuing their players. His 11 points in the playoffs likely help Toronto get past the first round.

I doubt if there was a Pietrangelo trade last summer. Pietranagelo and his family is entrenched In St Louis and Pietrangelo and his NMC. My preference if there was a trade was not to sign Nylander last November to THAT contract. Of course Nylander was virtually untradable till his contract was signed.
May 11, 2019 at 8:55 p.m.
Quoting: palhal
I doubt if there was a Pietrangelo trade last summer. Pietranagelo and his family is entrenched In St Louis and Pietrangelo and his NMC. My preference if there was a trade was not to sign Nylander last November to THAT contract. Of course Nylander was virtually untradable till his contract was signed.

St. Louis news and Doug Armstrong both stated that there was a Nylander and a 1st for Petro trade during the holdout. Dubas screwed you guys by declining then signing him to that contract and then made things worse by publicly making it known he "promised" Nylander that he wouldn't be traded. Just dumb.
blowing_the_zone liked this.
May 11, 2019 at 8:56 p.m.
St. Louis news and Doug Armstrong both stated that there was a Nylander and a 1st for Petro trade during the holdout. Dubas screwed you guys by declining then signing him to that contract and then made things worse by publicly making it known he "promised" Nylander that he wouldn't be traded. Just dumb.

Petro has made it known that he would waive his NTC to go home to Toronto.
May 12, 2019 at 4:00 a.m.
a11111
Petro has made it known that he would waive his NTC to go home to Toronto.

Good luck trying to trade for Pietrangelo ! Why not McDavid also ?
May 12, 2019 at 7:47 a.m.

Man, you're rubbing some salt in the wound with this 20/20 report. And you're absolutely spot on, rja40 with your post.

Everything you state was pretty widely reported, and in hindsight, Dubas's actions here can onlyy be graded as a fail. At the time that Armstrong offered up Petro a case could be made for why Dubas declined and bet on Nylander.

But in hindisight? And if that offer was on the table now? There's no way the leafs aren't a better team with a Nylander for Petro trade. The blues mighta dodge a bullet with that one! And good for them.

Its been awhile, rja40. How you doing these? Details aren't needed (i don't mean to pry) but you sound good to me (that's some super clear thinking you just threw down). Im guessing /hoping you just about got that nasty piece of business licked?

Anyways, hope your doing good, my man.
May 12, 2019 at 10:09 a.m.
Quoting: LoganOllivier
Well Kadri isn't old, I wouldn't want him in his 30's but he'll still be the best option available for 3c unless Petan or Brooks blows the doors off the barn. That's why I wouldn't trade him over Johnsson and Kap. I think the chances of Korshkov, Mickheyev, or Bracco or even guys like Marchment or Engvall are a lot closer to Kap or Johnsson than any other centre currently on the roster is. Unless you move Nylander into 3 c but then you are taking Nylander away from Matthews I think both players are best with each other.

Some bast...s are actually getting paid for reading my ideas here : https://editorinleaf.com/2019/05/12/toronto-maple-leafs-nic-petan/
May 12, 2019 at 11:03 a.m.
Quoting: Laudan
Some bast...s are actually getting paid for reading my ideas here : https://editorinleaf.com/2019/05/12/toronto-maple-leafs-nic-petan/

Lol. Had a look at the link and Tanner's article.. that guy is a grade A media knucklehead spinning stories and opinion from whole cloth.

He does spell out your argument though, and Tanner does kinda makes some sense. So, if he did steal this idea from you then you should take that as a win.. because you helped Tanner look less silly with his takes..
May 12, 2019 at 11:09 a.m.
Quoting: blowing_the_zone
Lol. Had a look at the link and Tanner's article.. that guy is a grade A media knucklehead spinning stories and opinion from whole cloth.

He does spell out your argument though, and Tanner does kinda makes some sense. So, if he did steal this idea from you then you should take that as a win.. because you helped Tanner look less silly with his takes..

was just funny thought.....those bloggers are pretty much the same as those pro analytics....they spill out 20 options, cause proly one of them will be on the spot eventually.....
May 12, 2019 at 11:29 a.m.
was just funny thought.....those bloggers are pretty much the same as those pro analytics....they spill out 20 options, cause proly one of them will be on the spot eventually.....

Bingo!

And the same is true about the talking heads on tv. They're all just making up arguments and trying to back it with some kinda logic that people will buy which will hopefully increase thier credibility.. and then their own paychecks.

The ones that are good at make pretty solid arguments and do increase their credibility, people buy into as a result and if enough people do that, the argument that they formed can start to influence debate and real life decision making...

The ones that are bad at it, well.. they come across as Tanner and Dreger and end up looking like they're more full of sh*t then a wooden duck.. which is a decoy, and not the real deal..

People have built in bs detectors, and if someone is selling bs people usually catch on to it.. sometimes after the fact, and after the damage has been done.

And just to be clear... this isnt just specific to hockey.

Also...

Marner =12M!
May 12, 2019 at 12:03 p.m.
Banned

I sweat that guy just spams this site and rips off ideas from fans. Most of his crap is fan driven nonsense. Not saying you are nonsense but other stuff he's said.
May 12, 2019 at 7:54 p.m.
Quoting: a1111
Good luck trying to trade for Pietrangelo ! Why not McDavid also ?

A Petro trade almost happened. He is much more available than McDavid and it's not really debatable.
May 12, 2019 at 7:58 p.m.
Man, you're rubbing some salt in the wound with this 20/20 report. And you're absolutely spot on, rja40 with your post.

Everything you state was pretty widely reported, and in hindsight, Dubas's actions here can onlyy be graded as a fail. At the time that Armstrong offered up Petro a case could be made for why Dubas declined and bet on Nylander.

But in hindisight? And if that offer was on the table now? There's no way the leafs aren't a better team with a Nylander for Petro trade. The blues mighta dodge a bullet with that one! And good for them.

Its been awhile, rja40. How you doing these? Details aren't needed (i don't mean to pry) but you sound good to me (that's some super clear thinking you just threw down). Im guessing /hoping you just about got that nasty piece of business licked?

Anyways, hope your doing good, my man.

Thank you for the bump and the kind interest. I'd never think you were prying. I'm out of the hospital for now. Got cancer beat it seems. Still working on the second one. Thanks for asking. Here's to hoping you dodging the bullet luck also works out for us against San Jose. I think Jake Allen snuck into the game last night wearing Jordan Binnington's sweater.
blowing_the_zone liked this.
May 12, 2019 at 8:19 p.m.
Thank you for the bump and the kind interest. I'd never think you were prying. I'm out of the hospital for now. Got cancer beat it seems. Still working on the second one. Thanks for asking. Here's to hoping you dodging the bullet luck also works out for us against San Jose. I think Jake Allen snuck into the game last night wearing Jordan Binnington's sweater.

lol. you really had me thinking on the Jake Allen bit.. well played.

Great news, rga40! Really happy to hear that. The trip you've been on isn't for the faint of heart at all. Gotta be as tough as your avatar to get through it all. You come across like you're that tough. You got this, brother.

I'm doing ok on this side of the screen. Just crossed the 3 yr threshold. its been a long drawn out, bloody throw down fight at times, but there's been alot of good things come out of it too. My sitch is the same as what Mandy Schwartz dealt with, and what the Schwartz family helps other people get through. That Blues video made me cry like a little baby... and damn it! every time I see a Maroon interview I get all teary eyed... I'm an emotional mess, rja40!?.. what's wrong with me? hockey players don't cry... wink
May 12, 2019 at 8:38 p.m.
lol. you really had me thinking on the Jake Allen bit.. well played.

Great news, rga40! Really happy to hear that. The trip you've been on isn't for the faint of heart at all. Gotta be as tough as your avatar to get through it all. You come across like you're that tough. You got this, brother.

I'm doing ok on this side of the screen. Just crossed the 3 yr threshold. its been a long drawn out, bloody throw down fight at times, but there's been alot of good things come out of it too. My sitch is the same as what Mandy Schwartz dealt with, and what the Schwartz family helps other people get through. That Blues video made me cry like a little baby... and damn it! every time I see a Maroon interview I get all teary eyed... I'm an emotional mess, rja40!?.. what's wrong with me? hockey players don't cry... wink

Great news on the three years! Yes, Twister was tough. Like I said, one of the cancers is gone and still toughing out the second one. This stuff really tests a person's mettle and stamina. (Actually, I'd argue that the treatment is worse and more trying.) Schwartzy's story and his sister are what show how down to earth and real hockey players are for the most part. Great guy to have on our side. So happy he's killing it in the playoffs. My mom was actually Pat Maroon's high school principal. I just spent the weekend with her for mother's day, and she always has some good stories about his high school days when we watch the Blues. The guy really had to fight through a lot to make it where he has. He's another good story too.
May 12, 2019 at 9:23 p.m.
Great news on the three years! Yes, Twister was tough. Like I said, one of the cancers is gone and still toughing out the second one. This stuff really tests a person's mettle and stamina. (Actually, I'd argue that the treatment is worse and more trying.) Schwartzy's story and his sister are what show how down to earth and real hockey players are for the most part. Great guy to have on our side. So happy he's killing it in the playoffs. My mom was actually Pat Maroon's high school principal. I just spent the weekend with her for mother's day, and she always has some good stories about his high school days when we watch the Blues. The guy really had to fight through a lot to make it where he has. He's another good story too.

indeed. it's a helluva trip. it forces you to hold a big ass mirror up to your whole life.. makes ya see alot of stuff, some of it good and some not so good. going through it all gives you the opportunity to really embrace the good and either work on the not so good or just let that sh*t go.. life really is too short dude. it's good to drink it all in.

alright. i am officially on the blues bandwagon for the rest of the playoffs. Thanks for the welcome aboard! Here's to hoping they take it the distance. that'd be a nice treat for you after all this.

And who, knows? If they win the cup, and if Dubas signs Marner to AM money, then I might just stay on the blues bandwagon altogether wink
May 12, 2019 at 9:26 p.m.
indeed. it's a helluva trip. it forces you to hold a big ass mirror up to your whole life.. makes ya see alot of stuff, some of it good and some not so good. going through it all gives you the opportunity to really embrace the good and either work on the not so good or just let that sh*t go.. life really is too short dude. it's good to drink it all in.

alright. i am officially on the blues bandwagon for the rest of the playoffs. Thanks for the welcome aboard! Here's to hoping they take it the distance. that'd be a nice treat for you after all this.

And who, knows? If they win the cup, and if Dubas signs Marner to AM money, then I might just stay on the blues bandwagon altogether wink

I'd like to see the Note somehow swing a trade for Marner. Ain't gonna happen, but one can dream....
May 12, 2019 at 9:38 p.m.
I'd like to see the Note somehow swing a trade for Marner. Ain't gonna happen, but one can dream....

I'll bring him with me when I join Blues nation. He really is a stud - and he seems like a genuine real deal person too. I have very different thoughts about his agent, though...

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll