$3,750,000$3,750,000
RW, LW
UFA - 2
Logo of the Montreal Canadiens
$5,500,000$5,500,000
LW, RW
UFA - 4
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,500,000$2M)
C
UFA - 2
$3,900,000$3,900,000
C, RW
UFA - 3
$3,400,000$3,400,000
LW, RW
UFA - 4
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
C, LW
UFA - 2
$2,755,555$2,755,555
RW, LW
UFA - 2
$1,300,000$1,300,000
LW, C
UFA - 1
$1,400,000$1,400,000
C, RW, LW
UFA - 2
$2,755,555$2,755,555
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$1,000,000$1,000,000
C
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers
$4,500,000$4,500,000
LD/RD
UFA - 4
$7,857,143$7,857,143
RD
UFA - 7
$10,500,000$10,500,000
G
NMC
UFA - 7
$748,333$748,333
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$5,000,000$5,000,000
RD
UFA - 3
$750,000$750,000
G
UFA - 2
$925,000$925,000
LD/RD
UFA - 3
$795,000$795,000 (Performance Bonus$182,500$182K)
RD
UFA - 3
$800,000$800,000
RD
UFA - 1
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$175,000$175K)
RD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jun. 11, 2019 at 7:48 p.m.
Itagilli98
This is a joke right? Hahaha
Jun. 11, 2019 at 8:10 p.m.
Banned
lol ,i mean i like ghost , hes small and not good inside his end and bit of a pp qb, Mete will be a better player,, so would do a shaw for ghost straight up
Jun. 11, 2019 at 8:11 p.m.
No way we giving up Domi
Jun. 11, 2019 at 8:11 p.m.
we shoukd add KK too, to make the deal fair
Jun. 11, 2019 at 8:18 p.m.
Quoting: skriko
lol ,i mean i like ghost , hes small and not good inside his end and bit of a pp qb, Mete will be a better player,, so would do a shaw for ghost straight up

While the deal posted above is bad for Montreal, the deal you propose is much worse lol. Also, Ghost on an off year is better and will be better than Mete at his best lmao
Phil2893 liked this.
Jun. 11, 2019 at 8:23 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: Flyers2000
While the deal posted above is bad for Montreal, the deal you propose is much worse lol. Also, Ghost on an off year is better and will be better than Mete at his best lmao

mete has not even reached his ceiling, only reason you think ghost is that good was from 2 years ago when philly totally way over achieved ,true team showed up last year and now u dont have simmonds either ,good luck
Jun. 11, 2019 at 10:20 p.m.
Quoting: skriko
mete has not even reached his ceiling, only reason you think ghost is that good was from 2 years ago when philly totally way over achieved ,true team showed up last year and now u dont have simmonds either ,good luck

That isn't remotely true. Only reason I say it is because I live in Montreal so have seen many Habs games and I'm a Flyers fans so I stream many Flyers games and it's clear as day who will be the better player lol. Ghost had more points in an off year than Mete has in his career. In 4 seasons, Ghost has had two seasons where he played like a 1st pairing d-man and two seasons where he played like a 2nd pairing d-man. Offensively, Mete's best season IN JUNIOR was as good as Ghost's best season IN THE NHL. Dude doesn't even have a goal yet lol. And he was on the better team lmao. Mete should be a solid player, but he won't be on Ghost's level. Anybody with a brain can see that

Also go look at how Simmonds played in Nashville. Dude is past his prime. We should have traded him 2 years ago
Jun. 12, 2019 at 12:50 a.m.
Mark
That isn't remotely true. Only reason I say it is because I live in Montreal so have seen many Habs games and I'm a Flyers fans so I stream many Flyers games and it's clear as day who will be the better player lol. Ghost had more points in an off year than Mete has in his career. In 4 seasons, Ghost has had two seasons where he played like a 1st pairing d-man and two seasons where he played like a 2nd pairing d-man. Offensively, Mete's best season IN JUNIOR was as good as Ghost's best season IN THE NHL. Dude doesn't even have a goal yet lol. And he was on the better team lmao. Mete should be a solid player, but he won't be on Ghost's level. Anybody with a brain can see that

Also go look at how Simmonds played in Nashville. Dude is past his prime. We should have traded him 2 years ago

I live in Philadelphia, and there are PLENTY of people who would be willing to offer Ghost a free ride to the airport: He is a dumpster fire in his own end. The trade off is that he is a very good puck mover. Those same people would throw a parade down Broad St. If the got Domi for Ghost.

I think Mete, at least defensively, is already superior to Ghost. The Canadians have a good one, there, and he seems well on his way to being a top-4. I am not sure Shaw alone would get that deal done: while Ghost is not the best in his own end, he IS a left-shot puck moving d-man, and they're rare. I would assume Shaw and Juulsan/Fleury would do it.
Jun. 12, 2019 at 3:14 a.m.
Quoting: markmws
I live in Philadelphia, and there are PLENTY of people who would be willing to offer Ghost a free ride to the airport: He is a dumpster fire in his own end. The trade off is that he is a very good puck mover. Those same people would throw a parade down Broad St. If the got Domi for Ghost.

I think Mete, at least defensively, is already superior to Ghost. The Canadians have a good one, there, and he seems well on his way to being a top-4. I am not sure Shaw alone would get that deal done: while Ghost is not the best in his own end, he IS a left-shot puck moving d-man, and they're rare. I would assume Shaw and Juulsan/Fleury would do it.

Ghost's defense is underrated because people forget the best type of defense which is making sure the puck is not in your zone. Sure, once the puck is in our zone, Ghost isn't good. He's not physical enough to constantly win puck battles and his defensive coverage just isn't good. But the dude does such a good job at breaking up plays in the neutral zone and getting the puck out thus not needing to defend, which is the best type of defense. Offense is easier to judge because often times you can just look at points and you know more or less who is better offensively. Defense is tougher to judge because there isn't really a black and white stat for it. But analytics help us get a better idea of how one does defensively. Every one of the following stats is at 5v5

CA/60 which is how many shot attempts a player allows per every 60 minutes played
Ghost: 56.37
Mete: 59.97

HDCA/60 which is how many high danger chances a player allows every 60 minutes played since shot attempts don't tell the whole story
Ghost: 10.10
Mete: 10.72

xGA/60 which is how many goals each player is expected to allow for every 60 minutes played. It removes the effect bad luck or goaltending has on players since that isn't always equal
Ghost: 2.23
Mete: 2.29

If it wasn't obvious, lower is better. It's a clean sweep for Ghost. He suppresses shots at a better rate, allows less high danger chances and on an even playing field, would allow less goals. All this while having an extremely down year, which should be put in quotations, mostly because stats prove that the "down year" was mostly because of a horrifically bad PDO (puck luck)

Ghost was phenomenal in his rookie season, everybody loved him. Was bad in his second season, mostly because of injuries but we learned that after the fact so people became skeptical. He was phenomenal in his third year, ranked as a top 20 d-man in the NHL, even received Norris votes, everybody loved him. Gets unlucky in his 4th season, mostly on the PP causing his point totals to go down and now people want him traded. People are bandwagons, not only when it comes to teams but even when it comes to players. Your stats look good, they love you, they look bad, they hate you. But at the end of the day, if the Flyers want to be a better hockey team, trading Ghost isn't the way to go because it is very doubtful that you're getting a better player in return, especially in a trade with Montreal since their better players probably aren't on the block. If people want to be dumb, so be it. Hopefully one of those people is not Fletcher
Jun. 12, 2019 at 4:35 a.m.
Mark
Ghost's defense is underrated because people forget the best type of defense which is making sure the puck is not in your zone. Sure, once the puck is in our zone, Ghost isn't good. He's not physical enough to constantly win puck battles and his defensive coverage just isn't good. But the dude does such a good job at breaking up plays in the neutral zone and getting the puck out thus not needing to defend, which is the best type of defense. Offense is easier to judge because often times you can just look at points and you know more or less who is better offensively. Defense is tougher to judge because there isn't really a black and white stat for it. But analytics help us get a better idea of how one does defensively. Every one of the following stats is at 5v5

CA/60 which is how many shot attempts a player allows per every 60 minutes played
Ghost: 56.37
Mete: 59.97

HDCA/60 which is how many high danger chances a player allows every 60 minutes played since shot attempts don't tell the whole story
Ghost: 10.10
Mete: 10.72

xGA/60 which is how many goals each player is expected to allow for every 60 minutes played. It removes the effect bad luck or goaltending has on players since that isn't always equal
Ghost: 2.23
Mete: 2.29

If it wasn't obvious, lower is better. It's a clean sweep for Ghost. He suppresses shots at a better rate, allows less high danger chances and on an even playing field, would allow less goals. All this while having an extremely down year, which should be put in quotations, mostly because stats prove that the "down year" was mostly because of a horrifically bad PDO (puck luck)

Ghost was phenomenal in his rookie season, everybody loved him. Was bad in his second season, mostly because of injuries but we learned that after the fact so people became skeptical. He was phenomenal in his third year, ranked as a top 20 d-man in the NHL, even received Norris votes, everybody loved him. Gets unlucky in his 4th season, mostly on the PP causing his point totals to go down and now people want him traded. People are bandwagons, not only when it comes to teams but even when it comes to players. Your stats look good, they love you, they look bad, they hate you. But at the end of the day, if the Flyers want to be a better hockey team, trading Ghost isn't the way to go because it is very doubtful that you're getting a better player in return, especially in a trade with Montreal since their better players probably aren't on the block. If people want to be dumb, so be it. Hopefully one of those people is not Fletcher

Totally understand, however I never compared him to Mete, who is significantly younger and clearly does not bring the same skill-set as Ghost. Mete is not apart of this conversation. Ghost drives the play, and I like that. I am very happy when the puck is out of our zone. When it is in it, it becomes a circus. Fletcher has a tough job, as does his counterparts. He will have to improve his team offensively while staying under the cap. It's a very good team. One way to do this is by trading from strength, in this case his defensive depth. With Proporov, Sanheim, Myers, Morin, Ghost, Hagg, and Gudas, along with Mcdonald and Schlemko in the fold, they are in a position to either do nothing with their defense or trade for more offense. I wouldn't call someone dumb for making a trade, or not making a trade: People in those positions try their best and with the ability of hindsight we can judge their decisions.
Jun. 12, 2019 at 12:06 p.m.
Quoting: markmws
Totally understand, however I never compared him to Mete, who is significantly younger and clearly does not bring the same skill-set as Ghost. Mete is not apart of this conversation. Ghost drives the play, and I like that. I am very happy when the puck is out of our zone. When it is in it, it becomes a circus. Fletcher has a tough job, as does his counterparts. He will have to improve his team offensively while staying under the cap. It's a very good team. One way to do this is by trading from strength, in this case his defensive depth. With Proporov, Sanheim, Myers, Morin, Ghost, Hagg, and Gudas, along with Mcdonald and Schlemko in the fold, they are in a position to either do nothing with their defense or trade for more offense. I wouldn't call someone dumb for making a trade, or not making a trade: People in those positions try their best and with the ability of hindsight we can judge their decisions.

The comment I replied to, second paragraph, 1st line: “I think Mete, at least defensively, is already superior to Ghost.” Hence the reason I compared them both defensively. If you don’t want to do that, I could have always compared him to the rest of the league

You say Fletcher will have to improve the team offensively and one of the ways to do that is trading from strength. First off, I question how much of a strength our defense is considering it wasn’t great last year and Fletcher has also stated he wants to add to that unit. Nevertheless, trading the d-man with the most upside offensively isn’t the best way to get better offensively. Dude had 65 points last season. This year, the PP was extremely unlucky. Stats prove it, our GM said it. If it had average luck, Ghost probably has a season of just under 60 points and nobody is even thinking of trading him to improve the offense. You also mention the cap, which I agree is crucial. Only thing is Ghost is arguably on the best non ELC contract besides Couturier on this team. If you want to improve the team, he isn’t the guy you look at to trade

If you can get a better player than Ghost in a trade, you obviously do it. But once you start thinking too much about need and not about quality and value, that’s where the bad deals come in, JVR for Schenn, Hall for Larsson, those type of deals come to mind

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll