Forums/Armchair-GM

Offer sheet Point Trade for KFC for Klef

Created by: jimmyjets
Team: 2019-20 Winnipeg Jets
Initial Creation Date: Jun. 13, 2019
Published: Jun. 13, 2019
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Trouba and Kulikov are packaged up and traded for the highest draft pick I get offered as I don't want any salary coming back and I've given up my first round pick for the next 4 years. If a team can't take Kulikov I don't sign Morrow and press box him.

Trade Connor for Klefbom. Oilers get a speedy winger that can finish for McDavid. I get a cost controled LHD that solidifies my second pair playing with a rookie.

Perreualt is traded for the best draft pick return we get for him.

The $3,000,000 in space i have goes to Morrissey for an extension. After next season Roslovic will have to take a bridge deal and if he won't he's traded for picks/prospects and Vesalainen takes his spot in the top 6. That or I find someone to take Little as his NMC will be up.

Point is offersheeted at a 4 1st round pick return so that Tampa lets him go. Point signs the offer sheet because if Tampa matches he doesn't have to take a discount because of the "no tax" in Florida and he gets his big money deal now with a contending team instead of potentially being bridged.

My biggest issue is my cobbled together RHD but once Buff's contract is up hopefully I can acquire someone that can handle top pair minutes or Niku or one of the other prospects continue to improve and can take on that role.
Free Agent Signings
RESERVE LISTYEARSCAP HIT
3$925,000
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
7$10,000,000
7$7,000,000
2$2,000,000
2$1,000,000
7$9,000,000
1$750,000
Offer Sheets
Offer sheet annual average (AAV) is calculated by dividing the contract value by the lower of: 1. The contract length, or 2. Five years
PLAYERAAVCOMPENSATION
Point, Brayden$14,000,000
2020 1st round pick
2021 1st round pick
2022 1st round pick
2023 1st round pick
Trades
WPG
  1. 2019 1st round pick (DET)
WPG
  1. 2019 4th round pick (OTT)
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the DET
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
23$83,000,000$80,139,501$0$405,000$2,860,499
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Winnipeg Jets
$6,000,000$6,000,000
RW, LW
UFA - 6
$6,125,000$6,125,000
C
UFA - 5
$8,250,000$8,250,000
RW
NMC
UFA - 5
$9,000,000$9,000,000
C, RW, LW
UFA - 2
$10,000,000$10,000,000
C, RW
UFA - 3
$894,166$894,166 (Performance Bonus$212,500$212K)
C, RW
UFA - 1
$2,000,000$2,000,000
C, LW, RW
UFA - 2
$2,916,667$2,916,667
C
UFA - 2
$5,291,667$5,291,667
C, RW
NMC
UFA - 5
$741,667$741,667
RW
UFA - 1
$894,167$894,167
LW, RW
RFA - 3
$700,000$700,000
LW
UFA - 1
$750,000$750,000
C, LW, RW
UFA - 1
$792,500$792,500 (Performance Bonus$132,500$132K)
RW, LW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$3,150,000$3,150,000
LD
UFA - 1
$7,600,000$7,600,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$6,166,667$6,166,667
G
UFA - 5
Logo of the Edmonton Oilers
$4,167,000$4,167,000
LD
UFA - 4
$775,000$775,000 (Performance Bonus$60,000$60K)
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$1,225,000$1,225,000
G
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000
LD
RFA
$775,000$775,000
RD
UFA - 2
$1,000,000$1,000,000
RD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jun. 13, 2019 at 12:47 p.m.
Bandwagon fairweathe
How does this help the jets win the cup, jets need to beat blues or blues type team to win cup. They need to add some more muscle and grit over skill. More heart
Jun. 13, 2019 at 12:55 p.m.
Banned
Jacob Trouba will be playing elsewhere then, Because no way Detroit gives up their #6 pick for him and Kulikov. Detroit is rebuilding and surrendering the #6 pick makes absolutely no sense.
Jun. 13, 2019 at 1:07 p.m.
Watches no games
Quoting: Birtle34
How does this help the jets win the cup, jets need to beat blues or blues type team to win cup. They need to add some more muscle and grit over skill. More heart

This narrative changed quickly lol
Jun. 13, 2019 at 1:09 p.m.
Banned
Lol. Or Point can sign in Tampa for like $8M and make the same amount, plus he lives he lifestyle in Florida instead of the ****ty one in Winnipeg.. no one wants to play there for a reason. Point wouldn't sign that
Zwui21 liked this.
Jun. 13, 2019 at 1:39 p.m.
jimmyjets
Quoting: DiehardRedWingsFan58
Jacob Trouba will be playing elsewhere then, Because no way Detroit gives up their #6 pick for him and Kulikov. Detroit is rebuilding and surrendering the #6 pick makes absolutely no sense.

It's all good. I said in the write up that he'd be dealt for the highest draft pick I could get for him. Maybe it's 13OA to Florida or 20OA to New York. It's not material to the mock lineup other than those contracts are gone somewhere else and the top 6 forwards and top 2 pair LHD and goalie are all in place long term with some draft pick coming from the 2019 draft.

I get that Detroit won't trade that pick in your opinion. I didn't even put Detroit in the title because I didn't want this comment. I want to hear from Edmonton and to a lesser extent Tampa Bay on if they would match or not.
Spanky227 liked this.
Jun. 13, 2019 at 1:48 p.m.
jimmyjets
Quoting: Ryminister_27
Lol. Or Point can sign in Tampa for like $8M and make the same amount, plus he lives he lifestyle in Florida instead of the ****ty one in Winnipeg.. no one wants to play there for a reason. Point wouldn't sign that

I can tell you've spent a lot of time in Winnipeg... Where'd you live when you were here?

However, you're grasping why an offer sheet may work here. He could sign for less money and assume his take home will be the same but he's also going to see Miller and/or Gourde get dealt right before their trade protection kicks in so he'll realize there is no guarantee that he's kept in Tampa if he takes a discount. Or he could sign at the actual market rate with the Jets and still be playing for one of the top teams in the NHL. In the event that Tampa decides to match it's like he's making $12,500,000 playing somewhere with state tax and he still gets to be in Florida.

My point here is would Tampa match that offer sheet if it were signed... Not the hear you slam a city you've probably never even been to.
Jun. 13, 2019 at 2:06 p.m.
Quoting: jimmyjets
I can tell you've spent a lot of time in Winnipeg... Where'd you live when you were here?

However, you're grasping why an offer sheet may work here. He could sign for less money and assume his take home will be the same but he's also going to see Miller and/or Gourde get dealt right before their trade protection kicks in so he'll realize there is no guarantee that he's kept in Tampa if he takes a discount. Or he could sign at the actual market rate with the Jets and still be playing for one of the top teams in the NHL. In the event that Tampa decides to match it's like he's making $12,500,000 playing somewhere with state tax and he still gets to be in Florida.

My point here is would Tampa match that offer sheet if it were signed... Not the hear you slam a city you've probably never even been to.

Tampa would likely try to ship out others to match that offer. The take home of 10 in Winnipeg probably isn't that far off from what he would get on a bridge in Tampa, with the ability to cash in bigger sooner. Add in the weather and lifestyle differences mentioned above, I have a hard time seeing him signing an offer that low in Winnipeg. Attack me for saying he'd probably rather live in Tampa than Winnipeg all you, keeping in mind I have been to both and live in Regina. It would be a no brainer to me. Regardless, I think Tampa probably finds a way to match cuz that is a decent deal on a long term contract and the 1sts will be late.
Ryminister_27 liked this.
Jun. 13, 2019 at 2:27 p.m.
Banned

Lol. I have family in Winnipeg and spent parts of my life growing up there. I know the city well. & it's pretty obvious to anyone that hasn't even been there before or to Tampa that the lifestyle is a massive difference. Give your head a shake if you don't think there is. There's also a major difference between Point and Miller and Gourde.. star players don't worry about being traded. Secondary players do. Point is one of the core pieces in Tampa. Miller and Gourde are complimentary pieces. That wouldn't affect his mind about a contract. I'm sure he's well aware that Tampa is going to have to make some trades to fit him in. So yeah, he most likely wouldn't even consider signing that offer sheet.

So go try to bash someone somewhere else. It's pretty obvious where the better lifestyle is between the 2 cities. Which is one of the reasons why Winnipeg overpays players to stay there, Tampa gets them at a discounted rate (yes I know the tax is a bigger thing before you mention it, but lifestyle is right behind that).
Jun. 13, 2019 at 2:29 p.m.
Tspky
It's all good. I said in the write up that he'd be dealt for the highest draft pick I could get for him. Maybe it's 13OA to Florida or 20OA to New York. It's not material to the mock lineup other than those contracts are gone somewhere else and the top 6 forwards and top 2 pair LHD and goalie are all in place long term with some draft pick coming from the 2019 draft.

I get that Detroit won't trade that pick in your opinion. I didn't even put Detroit in the title because I didn't want this comment. I want to hear from Edmonton and to a lesser extent Tampa Bay on if they would match or not.

But don't forget, he'll sign for 5m for 8 years in detroit when he'll ask for 10+m for 2 years in NY or Florida LMFAO.. this guy bites at every trouba trade so don't feel bad, his cousins, sister-in-laws, husbands 3rd cousin three times removed once smelt the aroma of Trouba's Fiance's dog sh1t heard that he will only sign in detroit
Jun. 13, 2019 at 2:36 p.m.
jimmyjets
Quoting: jbs32
Tampa would likely try to ship out others to match that offer. The take home of 10 in Winnipeg probably isn't that far off from what he would get on a bridge in Tampa, with the ability to cash in bigger sooner. Add in the weather and lifestyle differences mentioned above, I have a hard time seeing him signing an offer that low in Winnipeg. Attack me for saying he'd probably rather live in Tampa than Winnipeg all you, keeping in mind I have been to both and live in Regina. It would be a no brainer to me. Regardless, I think Tampa probably finds a way to match cuz that is a decent deal on a long term contract and the 1sts will be late.

I wouldn't attack someone for saying that they'd prefer to live in one location over another because that location is so good. In fact, I don't think I attacked Ryminster either. My issue is when you say the lifestyle in my city is $$%$y having probably never even been here for more than a day or two. That comment was completely uncalled for so I decided to point out that if you've never lived somewhere you don't actually have a valid opinion to share.

Regardless, $10,000,000 in Winnipeg is equal to $8,000,000 in Tampa so I used that amount as that's what other mocks had as for him on a long term deal. I'm already giving up 4 1sts in the offer so I could make it go higher, I just wanted to see if Tampa fans would match an offersheet at that level or not and if they would at what price would they walk away?

If they matched that they would already be over the cap with 18 players under contract. You could move out Callahan and Miller to free up $11 to sign 7 players for this year, but next year all your trade protection is in place, you still need those 7 guys at the league minimum but you also need to extend Vasi, Sergachev and Cernak with no big contracts coming off the books. So perhaps the play would be to take the picks, keep all your depth and play Miller at 2C? Using the picks to add at the deadline if you wanted to. It's what I think about when someone talks about offer sheeting Laine. If they offered 4 1sts that's the point I take the picks. Just wondering if Tampa fans felt the same.
Jun. 13, 2019 at 2:49 p.m.
jimmyjets
Quoting: Ryminister_27
Lol. I have family in Winnipeg and spent parts of my life growing up there. I know the city well. & it's pretty obvious to anyone that hasn't even been there before or to Tampa that the lifestyle is a massive difference. Give your head a shake if you don't think there is. There's also a major difference between Point and Miller and Gourde.. star players don't worry about being traded. Secondary players do. Point is one of the core pieces in Tampa. Miller and Gourde are complimentary pieces. That wouldn't affect his mind about a contract. I'm sure he's well aware that Tampa is going to have to make some trades to fit him in. So yeah, he most likely wouldn't even consider signing that offer sheet.

So go try to bash someone somewhere else. It's pretty obvious where the better lifestyle is between the 2 cities. Which is one of the reasons why Winnipeg overpays players to stay there, Tampa gets them at a discounted rate (yes I know the tax is a bigger thing before you mention it, but lifestyle is right behind that).

The only person bashing anything or anyone is you. I simple asked where you lived when you were here because I didn't believe you had ever even stepped foot in the city and you came in slamming it. You claim that you've lived here for a while, and if that's true, I'm surprised you have such a negative take on the lifestyle here. It's not for everyone I guess. As a single guy in my early 20's I'd take life at the beach to, but in the offseason you live whereever you want and you're on the road half the time during the season so until you have a family I think sometimes the location is overblown. It depends what you value, your role on the team, is the team winning, how you're treated, etc. Once you have kids you worry about uprooting them and moving but that's the life of a professional athlete.

I'm not delusional. You may be right that he wouldn't sign in Winnipeg no matter what they offered but that's not the point of this. (see what I did there... just trying to ease the tension.) I wanted to try to find out where Tampa fans would walk away from an offer sheet. Is it $12? Is it $14? I already offered the 4 1sts as compensation so how much more money would it take to be successful with the offersheet. Discussions about how much you dislike Winnipeg don't need to be included.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll