$775,000$775,000
C, LW, RW
UFA - 2
Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$675,000$675,000
C
UFA - 1
$842,500$842,500 (Performance Bonus$82,500$82K)
RW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
Logo of the Minnesota Wild
$6,000,000$6,000,000
RD
UFA - 4
$5,000,000$5,000,000
G
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$5,000,000$5,000,000
LD
UFA - 3
Logo of the Calgary Flames
$3,857,143$3,857,143
RD
UFA - 1
$700,000$700,000
G
UFA - 1
$4,000,000$4,000,000
LD
UFA - 1
$1,000,000$1,000,000
RD
UFA - 1
$750,000$750,000
LD
UFA - 2
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$700,000$700,000
LD
UFA - 1
$2,250,000$2,250,000
RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$5,300,000$5,300,000
RW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 1
winger, that we can sign
$1,000,000$1,000,000
$863,333$863,333
LD/RD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jun. 30, 2019 at 3:58 p.m.
I literally just posted this exact same Marner trade haha.
Jun. 30, 2019 at 4:00 p.m.
Quoting: TMLBRIAN
I literally just posted this exact same Marner trade haha.

great mids think alike wink
Jun. 30, 2019 at 4:02 p.m.
CHI NYI
Gotta say, the Zaitsev-Ceci trade could be genius if they play their cards right. I’m all for a guy getting his money, but knowing his demands from last season, he’s just not worth it. He’ll be a nice piece for whoever signs him as a UFA, assuming that’s their plan
Jun. 30, 2019 at 4:07 p.m.
14m in dead cap
0% chance the Wild give up Dumba and Zucker for Marner. Dumba would be fair value enough, though I'd honestly hate the trade as a Minnesota fan. His contract is too good for what he brings to a team, which will not likely be the case with Marner whenever he gets signed.
MNBassman and TanSor liked this.
Jun. 30, 2019 at 4:16 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: JayTea
0% chance the Wild give up Dumba and Zucker for Marner. Dumba would be fair value enough, though I'd honestly hate the trade as a Minnesota fan. His contract is too good for what he brings to a team, which will not likely be the case with Marner whenever he gets signed.

So defenceman regardless of talent are now worth more than superstar forwards. This site is hilarious
Jun. 30, 2019 at 4:20 p.m.
Quoting: JayTea

please explain how just dumba is fair value for marner... marner scored 94 points last season...
Jun. 30, 2019 at 4:24 p.m.
I'll just copy and paste what I wrote in the other team with this trade:

No thanks. I wouldn't swap Marner for Dumba straight up. Before you call me crazy, hear me out. Dumba is signed for 4 more years at $6M per year, which already is a huge bargain. He was on pace for 30 goals last year (more than Marner scored FWIW), he finally started playing pretty good defense (with and without Suter, so we know it wasn't Suter propping him up), and he finally brought his physical game to the NHL level that we all knew he had. All as a 24 year old that plays one of the premium positions in the NHL. Additionally, two years ago he was far and away our best player in the playoffs after Suter was out and Spurgeon was being propped up by 2x4's with an injury (apparently he couldn't even walk after games, he shouldn't have been playing) showing he can rise to the occasion unlike the rest of our team that was healthy. What I'm trying to say is that Dumba is signed WAY below market value, his play the past two years should mean he's about an $8-9M defenseman. Our reporter has also said that Dumba is the glue that holds our delicate locker room together. He's the bridge between the vets and the young guns. We really can't afford to lose that link. Now enter Marner, who I would absolutely LOVE on our team. But when you account for the fact that he wants about $2-3M more than he's worth making him the highest paid winger ever, he plays on the wing, and he only saw a spike in production after playing with Tavares, I'll take Dumba at 6 over Marner at the $12M we'd have to pay him every time it's offered to me. Again, don't get me wrong, I love Marner. But Dumba is just way too important to this team to trade, even for a guy like Marner.
JayTea liked this.
Jun. 30, 2019 at 4:26 p.m.
14m in dead cap
Quoting: boz
please explain how just dumba is fair value for marner... marner scored 94 points last season...

And have fun paying him what he wants. Whether Marner is "better" or not is irrelavent. Dumba is on a very team friendly contract and brings plenty to the table for the Wild, Marner wouldn't have the same impact if he costs more. Trades don't happen in a vacuum, so comparing 2 players directly doesn't tell the whole story.
TanSor liked this.
Jun. 30, 2019 at 4:31 p.m.
Jets Fan
Quoting: LoganOllivier
So defenceman regardless of talent are now worth more than superstar forwards. This site is hilarious

Hall for Larson
Johanson for Jones
JVR for Schenn

Not saying they are fair but there is precedent
Jun. 30, 2019 at 4:32 p.m.
Pmwalker
So defenceman regardless of talent are now worth more than superstar forwards. This site is hilarious.

Context matters. To a team like Minny maybe Marner for Dumba plus doesn’t work. Other teams might be willing to do a similar deal but it’s a team by team decision based on their needs. It’s not a knock on Marner it’s more a team needs and priorities assessment.
Jun. 30, 2019 at 4:35 p.m.
Quoting: TanSor
I'll just copy and paste what I wrote in the other team with this trade:

No thanks. I wouldn't swap Marner for Dumba straight up. Before you call me crazy, hear me out. Dumba is signed for 4 more years at $6M per year, which already is a huge bargain. He was on pace for 30 goals last year (more than Marner scored FWIW), he finally started playing pretty good defense (with and without Suter, so we know it wasn't Suter propping him up), and he finally brought his physical game to the NHL level that we all knew he had. All as a 24 year old that plays one of the premium positions in the NHL. Additionally, two years ago he was far and away our best player in the playoffs after Suter was out and Spurgeon was being propped up by 2x4's with an injury (apparently he couldn't even walk after games, he shouldn't have been playing) showing he can rise to the occasion unlike the rest of our team that was healthy. What I'm trying to say is that Dumba is signed WAY below market value, his play the past two years should mean he's about an $8-9M defenseman. Our reporter has also said that Dumba is the glue that holds our delicate locker room together. He's the bridge between the vets and the young guns. We really can't afford to lose that link. Now enter Marner, who I would absolutely LOVE on our team. But when you account for the fact that he wants about $2-3M more than he's worth making him the highest paid winger ever, he plays on the wing, and he only saw a spike in production after playing with Tavares, I'll take Dumba at 6 over Marner at the $12M we'd have to pay him every time it's offered to me. Again, don't get me wrong, I love Marner. But Dumba is just way too important to this team to trade, even for a guy like Marner.

Fair enough, didnt know he meant so much to the organization.

Maybe it would be Spugeon +alot more for marner then. Minnesota needs help up front so i think leafs and wild are perfect trade partners. If its not marner it could be Kadri, Nylander, Kapanen etc.
TanSor liked this.
Jun. 30, 2019 at 4:42 p.m.
Fair enough, didnt know he meant so much to the organization.

Maybe it would be Spugeon +alot more for marner then. Minnesota needs help up front so i think leafs and wild are perfect trade partners. If its not marner it could be Kadri, Nylander, Kapanen etc.

Don't think Dubas would do Spurgeon + a lot for Marner, but maybe. On paper our two clubs are perfect trading partners: Wild have two top pairing RD and need skilled right shot forwards whild the Leafs have a ton of skilled right shot forwards and need a top pairing RD. Assuming Spurgeon is the one that would be moved (since Dumba is too important for our team), the problem is that Wild fans don't feel a guy like Kapanen and some picks/prospects is enough for Spurgeon and Leafs fans feel like Nylander is too much. There's also the whole thing about Dubas not wanting to move core players and Fenton saying his priority is to extend Spurgeon.
Jun. 30, 2019 at 4:45 p.m.
Don't think Dubas would do Spurgeon + a lot for Marner, but maybe. On paper our two clubs are perfect trading partners: Wild have two top pairing RD and need skilled right shot forwards whild the Leafs have a ton of skilled right shot forwards and need a top pairing RD. Assuming Spurgeon is the one that would be moved (since Dumba is too important for our team), the problem is that Wild fans don't feel a guy like Kapanen and some picks/prospects is enough for Spurgeon and Leafs fans feel like Nylander is too much. There's also the whole thing about Dubas not wanting to move core players and Fenton saying his priority is to extend Spurgeon.

So maybe a guy like Jeremy Bracco who was 2nd in the AHL in scoring last year would be a good starter piece for Spurgeon. I think the leafs may need to add but Bracco could be a good option for you guys, he is a 100% playmaking focused right winger.
Jun. 30, 2019 at 4:48 p.m.
So maybe a guy like Jeremy Bracco who was 2nd in the AHL in scoring last year would be a good starter piece for Spurgeon. I think the leafs may need to add but Bracco could be a good option for you guys, he is a 100% playmaking focused right winger.

Again, not enough for Spurgeon even as a starting piece. If we move him, it'll cost any team that wants him a blue-chip forward which Bracco is not. Like I said, Kapanen + picks/prospects isn't enough for Wild fans but Nylander is too much for Leafs fans. There isn't that perfect medium piece on the Leafs.
Jun. 30, 2019 at 4:50 p.m.
Again, not enough for Spurgeon even as a starting piece. If we move him, it'll cost any team that wants him a blue-chip forward which Bracco is not. Like I said, Kapanen + picks/prospects isn't enough for Wild fans but Nylander is too much for Leafs fans. There isn't that perfect medium piece on the Leafs.

Can you make a team with a trade that youd be happy with involving the leafs and spurgeon? Im not very fimiliar with the wild so id love to see the valuation of your defenceman. Also who do you value more, Suter or Dumba?
TanSor liked this.
Jun. 30, 2019 at 4:53 p.m.
Can you make a team with a trade that youd be happy with involving the leafs and spurgeon? Im not very fimiliar with the wild so id love to see the valuation of your defenceman. Also who do you value more, Suter or Dumba?

Dumba. Sure, you probably won't like it, though. Something like

Toronto Maple Leafs
Jared Spurgeon (half salary retention for his final year on his existing deal, signs an extension worth 5 years x $7.5-8M)
Jordan Greenway
Mason Shaw

Minnesota Wild
William Nylander
Semyon Der-Arguthintsev
Jun. 30, 2019 at 5:06 p.m.
Dumba. Sure, you probably won't like it, though. Something like

Toronto Maple Leafs
Jared Spurgeon (half salary retention for his final year on his existing deal, signs an extension worth 5 years x $7.5-8M)
Jordan Greenway
Mason Shaw

Minnesota Wild
William Nylander
Semyon Der-Arguthintsev

Yeah I dont think Dubas would do that, he values nylander alot and would probably want to get dumba but we would add or you would have to add more for nylander if we get spurgeon.

Its interesting to see how different teams value their players, I see how making a trade isnt just as easy as it looks.
Jun. 30, 2019 at 5:07 p.m.
Yeah I dont think Dubas would do that, he values nylander alot and would probably want straight to add to get dumba or you would have to add more for nylander.

Its interesting to see how different teams value their players, I see how making a trade isnt just as easy as it looks.

Yep. I posted a team on it, but I already know I'm going to get shredded by Leafs fans.
Jun. 30, 2019 at 5:33 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: Boggsauce
Hall for Larson
Johanson for Jones
JVR for Schenn

The only one that worked out was Jones for Johanson
Jun. 30, 2019 at 5:34 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: Boggsauce
Hall for Larson
Johanson for Jones
JVR for Schenn

Two out of 3 were really bad trades. Lol
Jun. 30, 2019 at 5:36 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: Pmwalker

I don't know how you could make this not make sense. Marner is instantly your best player and is 22 years old. If it costs a 25 year old defenceman who is very good but not a superstar, plus whatever else that is absolutely something a team like the wild should want to do. Or you can keep signing vets and spin your tires.
Jun. 30, 2019 at 6:30 p.m.
Pmwalker
I don't know how you could make this not make sense. Marner is instantly your best player and is 22 years old. If it costs a 25 year old defenceman who is very good but not a superstar, plus whatever else that is absolutely something a team like the wild should want to do. Or you can keep signing vets and spin your tires.

Again context matters. Maybe Minny values a 25 year old d man on a great contract more than a 22 year old winger who’s asking for the moon.
Jun. 30, 2019 at 6:49 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: Pmwalker
Again context matters. Maybe Minny values a 25 year old d man on a great contract more than a 22 year old winger who’s asking for the moon.

Superstars are always worth the money.
Jun. 30, 2019 at 6:56 p.m.
Pmwalker
Superstars are always worth the money.

That might be the case but Marner isn’t helping his team this offseason is he? The team can’t make acquisitions until they know his cap figure etc. Meanwhile other teams are actively making moves to improve. Superstar or not he’s hurting his team with the contract nonsense.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll