SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Armchair-GM

19-20 Ducks

Jul. 16, 2019 at 12:01 p.m.
CHI NYI
Silly question, but it’s something that’s crossed my mind.

Do you think the Ducks could and would trade Getzlaf, if the price were right? Obviously they’d have to retain 50% of his cap hit, but with no major free agents coming up and Getzlaf clearly nearing the end of his career, do you think it would be a move worth making?
Jul. 16, 2019 at 12:04 p.m.
Rakell-Getzlaf-Silf
Sprong-Steel-Kase
Comtois-Henrique-Terry
Shore-Rowney-Jones

Lindholm-Manson
Fowler-Guhle
Mahura-Hakanpaa

Grant Deslauriers and Wideman are HS's, Larsson gets into the roster over Wideman though, when an injury happens, he's just in SD to get a ton of ice time
Fire Del Zaster and Ritchie far far away
Jul. 16, 2019 at 12:06 p.m.
Quoting: ForsbergForVezina

Do you think the Ducks could and would trade Getzlaf, if the price were right? Obviously they’d have to retain 50% of his cap hit, but with no major free agents coming up and Getzlaf clearly nearing the end of his career, do you think it would be a move worth making?

I wouldn't move him for any deal that would be realistic tbh. His leadership and mentorship to our incoming wave of young players is super valuable imo and I don't think anything we would realistically get back would be worth it.

Not to mention we would need a top 6 centre if we moved him, and I wouldn't want to put that pressure on Terry or Steel right away. With Getz and Henrique here they have protection and wouldn't be counted on as our top offensive centre immediately so they could get adjusted to the NHL game
Garitjax liked this.
Jul. 16, 2019 at 12:10 p.m.
Quoting: AFOX10900
Rakell-Getzlaf-Silf
Sprong-Steel-Kase
Comtois-Henrique-Terry
Shore-Rowney-Jones

Lindholm-Manson
Fowler-Guhle
Mahura-Hakanpaa

Grant Deslauriers and Wideman are HS's, Larsson gets into the roster over Wideman though, when an injury happens, he's just in SD to get a ton of ice time
Fire Del Zaster and Ritchie far far away

I think I'd rather keep Jones in SD and get top line minutes there than 4th line minutes in the NHL, Let him build some chemistry with Lundestrom and come up next year. Del Zotto is nothing more than Depth making 700k no reason to get rid of him, and ritchie is interesting I'd give him till the deadline to prove something he played well with Rico and Kase last year I want to see what that line can do again
Jul. 16, 2019 at 12:14 p.m.
With this roster, Kesler and Eaves CAN'T go on LTIR. That exists purely for cap relief. With these two on IR your roster is still over 6 mil under the cap. Otherwise the roster is fine except swap Steel and Getzlaf. Steel may very well end up as the top line center by year's end but not opening night. Getzy's game hasn't diminished THAT badly, yet.
Jul. 16, 2019 at 12:18 p.m.
Quoting: ForsbergForVezina

The operative word is "could". Due to Getzy's full NMC and his desire to absolutely stay put in Orange County where he makes his home year-round, I think he would nix any trade presented to him. And we don't really need to. His game doesn't justify his paycheck anymore but not so much where he had to be moved like Perry. I could even see him have a bounce-back year with an improved effort from his teammates. I fully expect him to play out his contract with the Ducks and possibly retire.
Jul. 16, 2019 at 8:09 p.m.
CHI NYI
Quoting: TheJoeMan
The operative word is "could". Due to Getzy's full NMC and his desire to absolutely stay put in Orange County where he makes his home year-round, I think he would nix any trade presented to him. And we don't really need to. His game doesn't justify his paycheck anymore but not so much where he had to be moved like Perry. I could even see him have a bounce-back year with an improved effort from his teammates. I fully expect him to play out his contract with the Ducks and possibly retire.

Okay, well if he wants to stay then I can’t see it happening. He’s Ducks legend and it’s hard to imagine him in another uniform. I was just curious
TheJoeMan liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll