ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
22$81,500,000$36,565,413$0$867,500$44,934,587
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Winnipeg Jets
$894,167$894,167
LW, RW
RFA - 3
$775,000$775,000 (Performance Bonus$60,000$60K)
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000
LD
RFA - 5
$925,000$925,000
LD
RFA
$741,667$741,667
RW
UFA - 1
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$212,500$212K)
LD
RFA - 2
$817,500$817,500 (Performance Bonus$132,500$132K)
LW, C
RFA - 3
Berdin, Mikhail
$925,000$925,000
$925,000$925,000
LD/RD
RFA
$925,000$925,000
RD
RFA
$925,000$925,000
LD
RFA
$750,000$750,000 (Performance Bonus$20,000$20K)
C
UFA - 1
$741,667$741,667
LW, RW
UFA - 3
$925,000$925,000
C
RFA
$796,667$796,667 (Performance Bonus$20,000$20K)
LD/RD
UFA - 3
$792,500$792,500 (Performance Bonus$132,500$132K)
RD
UFA - 2
$733,333$733,333 (Performance Bonus$182,500$182K)
RD
UFA - 2
$925,000$925,000
C
RFA
$925,000$925,000
C
UFA
$767,500$767,500 (Performance Bonus$107,500$108K)
LW
UFA - 1
$741,667$741,667
C
UFA - 2
$925,000$925,000
C, RW
RFA
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
Nikannen, Henri
$925,000$925,000
Smith, Nathan
$925,000$925,000
Blaisdell, Harrison
$925,000$925,000

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jul. 28, 2019 at 12:41 p.m.
Max
The Jets will have a very bright future if they can keep these guys
arafay liked this.
Jul. 28, 2019 at 12:55 p.m.
Banned
Its supposed that vesaleinan is a bust ??
Jul. 28, 2019 at 12:58 p.m.
MisstheWhalers
Quoting: Sebybbq

Form a proper sentence.
Jul. 28, 2019 at 1:06 p.m.
Daryl
Vesalainen has not performed at the NHL even though he is only 20 and played 8 minutes a game when he was in the NHL! Bust! Trade him for some grit!
Jul. 28, 2019 at 1:30 p.m.
Spleenmaster1002
It’s great that Chisholm is on Team Canada’s radar for this years World Juniors, hopefully he can make the team. I’ve got high hopes for him. Gustafson as well is probably going to be 1C for Sweden this year, and Heinola is going to be either on the first or second pairing, which is great as well. Guess I’m watching a lot of World Junior games this winter.
arafay liked this.
Jul. 28, 2019 at 1:33 p.m.
MisstheWhalers
-Wonder if there's any chance that Heinola makes the team this season.
-Vesalainen should probably start the season with the Moose unless he has the most unbelievable camp/preseason.
-I think Luoto was signed to be Vesalainen's buddy on the Moose, not sure he's really a prospect but who knows, maybe he is.
-Really think that Spacek should of been called up for a few games last season and definitely has to get a look in some NHL games this season, he's done decent in the AHL so it's time to see if he can play at the NHL level.
-I have very little hope for Stanley being anything more then a bottom pair defenseman at best, what a brutal trade and selection that was. He improved as his first pro season went along but his skating is still pretty sketchy, he gets stripped of the puck constantly and doesn't play nearly physical enough for how big he is. He also doesn't use his size often enough, they need to mold him to play like Brayden McNabb. He should spend another full season in the AHL with maybe a short look with the Jets towards the end of the season.
-Gustafsson looks to be a 3C at best, he was very unimpressive at tye world juniors but seems to be used in important situations so there's that.
-I watch a lot of Moose games and Berdin is awesome, hope he can steal Hellyebuck's job eventually and they expose Helly and his fat contract to Seattle.
-I think Gawanke and Kovacevic could have good first pro seasons in the AHL and possibly knocking on the door for some NHL games in the not too distant future.
-Niku and Appleton will be on the big club this season so shouldn't really be considered prospects anymore.
-Skyler Mckenzie isn't very good and shouldn't of been drafted. I know 7th round picks are long shots anyway but the Jets need to stop drafting runts (especially if Maurice is head coach)the Portland Winterhawks, they don't work out for them.
-Harkins and Green have really been derailed by injuries which has hampered their development, doubt either of them make it now, should be throw ins/sweeteners in trades if any teams have the slightest amount of interest in them.
Have gotta get Samberg signed, can't lose that kid.
-Chisholm and Vallati sound like they're developing well, if either amount to anything from being 5th round picks that's pretty good.
-You're missing Nogier and Seuss, I think both guys have a good chance of being good depth players for the Jets. Both have missed considerable time in the last two seasons from injuries but from what I've seen they both look like they have what it takes to be serviceable NHL depth players, not world beaters by any stretch but good bottom pairing/bottom 6 players.
-Don't know much about the other guys listed.
Molson22 liked this.
Jul. 28, 2019 at 1:52 p.m.
MisstheWhalers
Quoting: DarylMcNeckHead
Vesalainen has not performed at the NHL even though he is only 20 and played 8 minutes a game when he was in the NHL! Bust! Trade him for some grit!

Sadly there's some Jets fans that'd likely want to do just that. Was reading a Winnipeg Free Press article online shortly before free agency, the love affair with and importance of signing one Brandon Tanev was frequently mentioned from most commenters there, and this is a fanbase that thinks it's knowledgeable about hockey.. ??
Jul. 28, 2019 at 4:21 p.m.
Max
Quoting: Sebybbq

How?
Jul. 28, 2019 at 4:47 p.m.
Quoting: MisstheWhalers
-Wonder if there's any chance that Heinola makes the team this season.
-Vesalainen should probably start the season with the Moose unless he has the most unbelievable camp/preseason.
-I think Luoto was signed to be Vesalainen's buddy on the Moose, not sure he's really a prospect but who knows, maybe he is.
-Really think that Spacek should of been called up for a few games last season and definitely has to get a look in some NHL games this season, he's done decent in the AHL so it's time to see if he can play at the NHL level.
-I have very little hope for Stanley being anything more then a bottom pair defenseman at best, what a brutal trade and selection that was. He improved as his first pro season went along but his skating is still pretty sketchy, he gets stripped of the puck constantly and doesn't play nearly physical enough for how big he is. He also doesn't use his size often enough, they need to mold him to play like Brayden McNabb. He should spend another full season in the AHL with maybe a short look with the Jets towards the end of the season.
-Gustafsson looks to be a 3C at best, he was very unimpressive at tye world juniors but seems to be used in important situations so there's that.
-I watch a lot of Moose games and Berdin is awesome, hope he can steal Hellyebuck's job eventually and they expose Helly and his fat contract to Seattle.
-I think Gawanke and Kovacevic could have good first pro seasons in the AHL and possibly knocking on the door for some NHL games in the not too distant future.
-Niku and Appleton will be on the big club this season so shouldn't really be considered prospects anymore.
-Skyler Mckenzie isn't very good and shouldn't of been drafted. I know 7th round picks are long shots anyway but the Jets need to stop drafting runts (especially if Maurice is head coach)the Portland Winterhawks, they don't work out for them.
-Harkins and Green have really been derailed by injuries which has hampered their development, doubt either of them make it now, should be throw ins/sweeteners in trades if any teams have the slightest amount of interest in them.
Have gotta get Samberg signed, can't lose that kid.
-Chisholm and Vallati sound like they're developing well, if either amount to anything from being 5th round picks that's pretty good.
-You're missing Nogier and Seuss, I think both guys have a good chance of being good depth players for the Jets. Both have missed considerable time in the last two seasons from injuries but from what I've seen they both look like they have what it takes to be serviceable NHL depth players, not world beaters by any stretch but good bottom pairing/bottom 6 players.
-Don't know much about the other guys listed.

I would be extremely surprised if heinola makes it. I hope he doesn’t honestly as he could use a year to work on his skating to improve his upside.
Vesalainen should make the team and given his size and playing style he could play anywhere.
I classified anyone who has an elc as a prospect therefore no suess and nogier and louto is on the list.
I agree about spacek but not about Stanley. He started playing up to his size in he 2nd half and his skating has gotten better every offseason. I like where he is going but he won’t be top 4 likely
I wouldn’t judge gustavsson just yet. He hasn’t gotten the right ice time in the shl and will get that here. He could become a 2c or as good as copp (high end 3C). He has all the tools.
I agree. Berdin is really really good! However I wouldn’t say hellebuyck’s contract is bad since he is a starter who is being paid starter money.
Also don’t count McKenzie out yet. He was invisible in many games but when he was effective he was more than visible. If he can bring it on a consistent basis he could be an perreault type player
I hate it when a player with so much potential gets derailed by injuries. I say keep them on the moose and hope they can recover. Use them as trade chips to improve the team
Samberg will be signed. He is 2 years away from UFA status and I doubt he stays 2 more years in the ncaa. He wasn’t going to make the jets anyway so he goes back and makes the team next year instead of spending a year in the a
Chisholm has top pairing upside while Vallati has top 4. Great picks by chevy. Chisholm just needs to become consistent
Keep an eye on smith, nikkannen, and blaisdell. Nikkannen was a projected 1st rounder who dropped because of injury. He could be chevy’s biggest steal yet
Blaisdell and smith both have 2c upside but probably become high end 3c’s
Jul. 28, 2019 at 4:50 p.m.
Quoting: Spleenmaster1002
It’s great that Chisholm is on Team Canada’s radar for this years World Juniors, hopefully he can make the team. I’ve got high hopes for him. Gustafson as well is probably going to be 1C for Sweden this year, and Heinola is going to be either on the first or second pairing, which is great as well. Guess I’m watching a lot of World Junior games this winter.

Nikkannen as well. He could be 1c for Finland. Samberg if he isn’t too old. Gawanke if he isn’t too old. Lundmark could be top pairing on Sweden
Jul. 28, 2019 at 5:09 p.m.
MisstheWhalers
Quoting: arafay
I would be extremely surprised if heinola makes it. I hope he doesn’t honestly as he could use a year to work on his skating to improve his upside.
Vesalainen should make the team and given his size and playing style he could play anywhere.
I classified anyone who has an elc as a prospect therefore no suess and nogier and louto is on the list.
I agree about spacek but not about Stanley. He started playing up to his size in he 2nd half and his skating has gotten better every offseason. I like where he is going but he won’t be top 4 likely
I wouldn’t judge gustavsson just yet. He hasn’t gotten the right ice time in the shl and will get that here. He could become a 2c or as good as copp (high end 3C). He has all the tools.
I agree. Berdin is really really good! However I wouldn’t say hellebuyck’s contract is bad since he is a starter who is being paid starter money.
Also don’t count McKenzie out yet. He was invisible in many games but when he was effective he was more than visible. If he can bring it on a consistent basis he could be an perreault type player
I hate it when a player with so much potential gets derailed by injuries. I say keep them on the moose and hope they can recover. Use them as trade chips to improve the team
Samberg will be signed. He is 2 years away from UFA status and I doubt he stays 2 more years in the ncaa. He wasn’t going to make the jets anyway so he goes back and makes the team next year instead of spending a year in the a
Chisholm has top pairing upside while Vallati has top 4. Great picks by chevy. Chisholm just needs to become consistent
Keep an eye on smith, nikkannen, and blaisdell. Nikkannen was a projected 1st rounder who dropped because of injury. He could be chevy’s biggest steal yet
Blaisdell and smith both have 2c upside but probably become high end 3c’s

Really I just don't see Helly as an elite starter, he's never impressed me since his 20 game callup in the 15-16 season and one good season got him a pretty good payday. Sorry I just don't get it, the Jets play hardball when it comes to signing SO many guys but they kind of really opened the wallet and took a risk with him imo and this season he's gonna have a built in excuse for being crappy if he is but in all reality it's probably just cause he wasn't all that good to start with.

We'll see how it goes, he really was pretty solid in the 18-19 season but then last season he looked pretty average to me and just returned to his mean.

I don't have him the top 10 goalies in the league, guess it might be recency bias but watching the playoffs I just see goalies making saves that leave me thinking Helly would never make, he just doesn't seem like a big save goalie to me and yes I know that's not his game and he's "big,square and soft" blah blah but sometimes you need your goalie to make a big save.

I know the Jets weren't that great last season but neither was he, I hope he improves cause they seem pretty committed to him and I doubt he's going anywhere.
Jul. 28, 2019 at 6:01 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: Molson22
How?

It was a joke because there was a post yesterday and i argue with a guys that think vesaleinan is a bust!
arafay liked this.
Jul. 28, 2019 at 10:34 p.m.
Edited Jul. 28, 2019 at 10:46 p.m.
Quoting: MisstheWhalers
Really I just don't see Helly as an elite starter, he's never impressed me since his 20 game callup in the 15-16 season and one good season got him a pretty good payday. Sorry I just don't get it, the Jets play hardball when it comes to signing SO many guys but they kind of really opened the wallet and took a risk with him imo and this season he's gonna have a built in excuse for being crappy if he is but in all reality it's probably just cause he wasn't all that good to start with.

We'll see how it goes, he really was pretty solid in the 18-19 season but then last season he looked pretty average to me and just returned to his mean.

I don't have him the top 10 goalies in the league, guess it might be recency bias but watching the playoffs I just see goalies making saves that leave me thinking Helly would never make, he just doesn't seem like a big save goalie to me and yes I know that's not his game and he's "big,square and soft" blah blah but sometimes you need your goalie to make a big save.

I know the Jets weren't that great last season but neither was he, I hope he improves cause they seem pretty committed to him and I doubt he's going anywhere.

Hellebuyck was overworked when you combine this season with the last. He isn’t elite but he is a starter and he is being paid like one, no more no less. If he bounces back next season he is more than a starter and worth more than his pay check. He showed signs of fatigue and actually was very good during the 2nd half. Unfortunately seeing that helly was doing well JoMo have him all the starts with no breaks. Then brossiot went down and he didn’t have the energy to match binnington for the playoffs. And the rest is history. Look back at his 18-19 season and he was way more agile and did make the big saves and now he lets in stinkers and gives up on pucks too early. He is visibly tired. He used to stop almost very breakaway but now every one goes in. I just hope he gets 55 starts at most

And for the record I think he is in the top 10 or on the cusp. There just aren’t that many goalies in the league. Being top 10 of 31 isn’t as good as it seems
My top 10 would be:
Vasilevsky
Price
Fleury
Bobrovsky
Gibson
Andersen
Murray
Binnington
Rinne
Bishop/grubauer/hellebuyck
Bishop can’t play a full season at a high level so he is at the cusp. Grubauer isn’t proven enough as one. Hellebuyck is the only had a really good season (top 5) than an avg one (about 15) so he lands here by default. lundquist is too old now to be among these names however he is still really good and could preform better than most on this list for a night or 2 but nothing prolonged. Jones had a really bad season so he is out of the top 10 in my list

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll