Forums/Armchair-GM

Depth for prospects with SJ Dal

Created by: Eli
Team: 2019-20 Washington Capitals
Initial Creation Date: Nov. 11, 2019
Published: Nov. 11, 2019
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Right now the Caps have a lot of depth guys. Maybe even some extras. That's good, if you want to contend. But if other teams need depth guys and offer prospects, that could be good, too. They just have to bring back enough prospects that Hershey improves, because the Bears missed the playoffs last year, and at some point the Caps' top prospects need to get some pro playoff experience.
Trades
WSH
  1. Honka, Julius [Reserve List]
  2. Kero, Tanner
  3. Scarlett, Reece
Additional Details:
Honka for trade value, but he stays in Finland this year to develop. Kero for AHL points. Scarlett as an AHL defenseman placeholder.
DAL
  1. Bindulis, Kris
  2. Djoos, Christian
  3. 2020 6th round pick (WSH)
Additional Details:
With Klingberg out 2-4 weeks, a puck moving RD who put up 7 points in his best 15 game stretch last year and has 10 points in 15 AHL games this year can help Dallas keep scoring points. When Klingberg gets back, two Swedish puck movers together could be a great second pair.
WSH
  1. Bergmann, Lean
  2. Chmelevski, Alexander
  3. Korenar, Josef
Additional Details:
Just some prospects.
SJS
  1. Copley, Pheonix
  2. Stephenson, Chandler
Additional Details:
SJ have traded their 1st pick. It's looking like a top ten. They've let up the 3rd most goals against, and both their goalies have sub .900 spcts for the second year in a row. An okay goalie and a speedy checking wing could help them turn things around. They'll still probably want to make a move for a defenseman, but I don't see a fit with the Caps, on that.
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the WSH
Logo of the COL
Logo of the WSH
Logo of the ARI
Logo of the WSH
Logo of the WSH
Logo of the WSH
Logo of the WSH
Logo of the WSH
Logo of the WSH
Logo of the WSH
Logo of the WSH
Logo of the WSH
Logo of the WSH
Logo of the WSH
Logo of the WSH
Logo of the WSH
Logo of the WSH
Logo of the WSH
Logo of the WSH
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
21$81,500,000$70,178,739$1,150,000$697,500$11,321,261
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Washington Capitals
$9,538,462$9,538,462
LW
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$3,900,000$3,900,000
C
M-NTC
UFA - 6
$5,750,000$5,750,000
RW
M-NTC
UFA - 6
$3,350,000$3,350,000
LW
UFA - 2
$6,700,000$6,700,000
C
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$5,166,667$5,166,667
RW
UFA - 5
$2,750,000$2,750,000
LW
UFA - 4
$2,415,000$2,415,000
C
UFA - 4
$1,375,000$1,375,000
LW, RW
UFA - 4
$750,000$750,000
C
UFA - 3
$1,500,000$1,500,000
RW, LW
UFA - 4
$700,000$700,000
LW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$1,275,000$1,275,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$8,000,000$8,000,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 7
$6,100,000$6,100,000
G
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$2,500,000$2,500,000
LD
UFA - 3
$2,345,000$2,345,000
RD
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$550,000$550K)
G
UFA - 2
$714,166$714,166 (Performance Bonus$82,500$82K)
LD
UFA - 1
$2,500,000$2,500,000
RD
UFA - 4
$774,444$774,444 (Performance Bonus$65,000$65K)
LD
RFA - 3

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Nov. 11, 2019 at 5:11 p.m.
What in tarnation
You just took two of Sharks' top 5 prospects for a pile of scraps... They'll decline easily.

DAL will accept that though.
TopLineTom43, GMs, yikes and 1 other person liked this.
Nov. 11, 2019 at 6:06 p.m.
EklundCelebriniSmith
Lol that SJS trade is actually brutal
Eli liked this.
Nov. 11, 2019 at 6:59 p.m.
Who adds what?
Edited Nov. 11, 2019 at 7:12 p.m.
Quoting: BurgerBoss
You just took two of Sharks' top 5 prospects for a pile of scraps... They'll decline easily.

DAL will accept that though.

Quoting: yikes
Lol that SJS trade is actually brutal

According to NHL.com I've got zero of five: https://www.nhl.com/news/san-jose-sharks-prospect-watch/c-308578480

Since last season, Copley stops fifteen more of every thousand NHL shots than Jones or Dell, and when he was 21, he was better than Korenar is right now. This board is full of people trading SJ's 2020 1st round pick for goalies, and I'm getting lit up for upgrading them in net at a cost of an undrafted free agent with one point in six NHL games, a sixth round pick with one point in six AHL games this year, and an undrafted AHL backup goalie.

If you're gonna quote that ESPN toolbag who said the Caps' prospects were all horrible, and Carolina's and San Jose's were all amazing, before the Caps' prospect team lit up Carolina's prospect team for like ten goals in one game, I'm laughing (edited: with) you while I type this.

And I'm laughing loudly to cover that I never paid him the $20 to read his brilliant stock picks or whatever. I'm sure they're good, but I don't think any of those three guys will turn SJ's season around. Copley could steal a couple games. Some competition in net could get Jones going. Stephenson has three points in six games this year, and kills penalties.
Nov. 11, 2019 at 7:25 p.m.
Still a no from the sharks. We cannot afford to trade quality prospects for fringe players(even though I like Copley and think a deal for him could work).
Eli liked this.
Nov. 11, 2019 at 7:32 p.m.
Who adds what?
Quoting: papishark
Still a no from the sharks. We cannot afford to trade quality prospects for fringe players(even though I like Copley and think a deal for him could work).

Cool. Thanks!

I haven't seen any of the Sharks' prospects play. Just going by stats to try to gauge value. Who do you think could help Hershey make the playoffs this year in exchange for Copley giving the Sharks a little bit more of a chance at the playoffs this year? They don't have to all be 20, but still being decent prospects would help, since the Caps don't need to make any moves while they're chilling in 1st overall, and Copley gives them expansion draft insurance.
Nov. 11, 2019 at 7:52 p.m.
What in tarnation
Quoting: Eli
According to NHL.com I've got zero of five: https://www.nhl.com/news/san-jose-sharks-prospect-watch/c-308578480

Since last season, Copley stops fifteen more of every thousand NHL shots than Jones or Dell, and when he was 21, he was better than Korenar is right now. This board is full of people trading SJ's 2020 1st round pick for goalies, and I'm getting lit up for upgrading them in net at a cost of an undrafted free agent with one point in six NHL games, a sixth round pick with one point in six AHL games this year, and an undrafted AHL backup goalie.

If you're gonna quote that ESPN toolbag who said the Caps' prospects were all horrible, and Carolina's and San Jose's were all amazing, before the Caps' prospect team lit up Carolina's prospect team for like ten goals in one game, I'm laughing (edited: with) you while I type this.

And I'm laughing loudly to cover that I never paid him the $20 to read his brilliant stock picks or whatever. I'm sure they're good, but I don't think any of those three guys will turn SJ's season around. Copley could steal a couple games. Some competition in net could get Jones going. Stephenson has three points in six games this year, and kills penalties.

Aside from True, that link shows only their highest draft picks. Chmelevski is a 6th round pick, but he performed really well last season in the juniors, and also in the WJC's.

Also against all the odds, Bergmann showed that he has good abilties to play in the league, and he made his debut this year. He played a handful of games pretty well, but in order to use the entry-level slide, SJ loaned him back to Germany.

At the very least, these two assets have the potential to bring to the table much more than Copley and Stephenson will. They have more room and potential to improve, but I don't see Copley and Stephenson getting any better from what they currently are.
Eli liked this.
Nov. 11, 2019 at 8:37 p.m.
Who adds what?
Aside from True, that link shows only their highest draft picks. Chmelevski is a 6th round pick, but he performed really well last season in the juniors, and also in the WJC's.

Also against all the odds, Bergmann showed that he has good abilties to play in the league, and he made his debut this year. He played a handful of games pretty well, but in order to use the entry-level slide, SJ loaned him back to Germany.

At the very least, these two assets have the potential to bring to the table much more than Copley and Stephenson will. They have more room and potential to improve, but I don't see Copley and Stephenson getting any better from what they currently are.

Oh. Okay. Well, if he's not in the AHL this year, then he's probably not going to help the Bears make the playoffs.

What would you guys think about Korenar, Gregoire, and either of Blichfeld/Letunov for Copley and Stephenson? I think that should get the Bears going, really well, help out the Caps' prospect depth, give the Sharks a goalie controversy to get Jones going, and give them a checking wing who isn't quite bad enough to keep a team from winning a Cup.

Or what do you think would be fair?
Nov. 11, 2019 at 8:56 p.m.
What in tarnation
Quoting: Eli
Oh. Okay. Well, if he's not in the AHL this year, then he's probably not going to help the Bears make the playoffs.

What would you guys think about Korenar, Gregoire, and either of Blichfeld/Letunov for Copley and Stephenson? I think that should get the Bears going, really well, help out the Caps' prospect depth, give the Sharks a goalie controversy to get Jones going, and give them a checking wing who isn't quite bad enough to keep a team from winning a Cup.

Or what do you think would be fair?

Imo that's ok, although I'm uncertain whether Sharks can actually afford this or not. The assets cost them $2M+ but they aren't giving any NHL asset in return... You'd probably need to take Dell to make this work and then bury him...
Eli liked this.
Nov. 11, 2019 at 9:17 p.m.
Who adds what?
Imo that's ok, although I'm uncertain whether Sharks can actually afford this or not. The assets cost them $2M+ but they aren't giving any NHL asset in return... You'd probably need to take Dell to make this work and then bury him...

Cool. Thanks so much! Yeah... that could be an issue. I assume they'd send down guys who aren't pulling their weight defensively, and maybe put one or two of their three injured guys on LTIR. If they can get three decent goalies playing together, that often motivates them all to work harder.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll