$3,500,000$3,500,000
LW, C, RW
UFA - 4
Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$3,200,000$3,200,000
RW
UFA - 3
$694,444$694,444 (Performance Bonus$70,000$70K)
LW
UFA - 1
$700,000$700,000
C, RW
NTC
UFA - 1
$775,000$775,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$4,000,000$4,000,000
LD
UFA - 1
$2,750,000$2,750,000
RD
UFA - 1
$5,000,000$5,000,000
G
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$5,000,000$5,000,000
LD
UFA - 3
Logo of the New Jersey Devils
$437,500$437,500
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$863,333$863,333
LD/RD
UFA - 1
Logo of the New Jersey Devils
$700,000$700,000
RD
UFA - 2
Logo of the Anaheim Ducks
$1,125,000$1,125,000 (Performance Bonus$1,200,000$1M)
G
M-NTC
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$675,000$675,000
C
UFA - 1
$5,300,000$5,300,000
RW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 1
$675,000$675,000
RD
UFA - 1
$5,250,000$5,250,000
RW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Dec. 6, 2019 at 1:04 p.m.
Kings v5 GM
ok boomer
Tchuckycheese, Barbs, mondo and 1 other person liked this.
Dec. 6, 2019 at 1:10 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: Jack_
ok boomer

Stinkin Millennials don't know how to play REAL hockey!!!
Dec. 6, 2019 at 1:15 p.m.
Quoting: Hockeyguy77
Stinkin Millennials don't know how to play REAL hockey!!!

Apparently neither do the Gen X'ers.

Not having a 1st round pick for three straight years and none until the 4th rd this year is not a good way to build a team
Dec. 6, 2019 at 1:18 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: Propeller09
Apparently neither do the Gen X'ers.

Not having a 1st round pick for three straight years and none until the 4th rd this year is not a good way to build a team

I'm sorry I thought all the Leafs fans say they are contenders?
Dec. 6, 2019 at 1:19 p.m.
I'm sorry I thought all the Leafs fans say they are contenders?

They Do. I am a Bruins fan, so I would love for this deal to happen.
Dec. 6, 2019 at 1:22 p.m.
Banned
They Do. I am a Bruins fan, so I would love for this deal to happen.

In my opinion, they won't win a cup for at least another 20 years.
Dec. 6, 2019 at 1:28 p.m.
In my opinion, they won't win a cup for at least another 20 years.

I don't see it happening unless they make major changes. Too much money on 4-5 guys. No team has won with a double digit salaried player, and they have three. I know Cap is going up so it will eventually happen, but three is a lot (& Rielly may get there if he holds out).

Signing Tavares was the worst thing they could have done. It forced their hand with Matthews and Marner.
Hockeyguy77 liked this.
Dec. 6, 2019 at 1:49 p.m.
Just Keep Swimming
I don't see it happening unless they make major changes. Too much money on 4-5 guys. No team has won with a double digit salaried player, and they have three. I know Cap is going up so it will eventually happen, but three is a lot (& Rielly may get there if he holds out).

Signing Tavares was the worst thing they could have done. It forced their hand with Matthews and Marner.

Ofc no one has won with a double digit salary player. The cap only recently went high enough for those players to begin to exist. Look at cap% and all of a sudden your argument implodes.
"Signing a 40 goal scorer and the now captain while dramatically re-shaping the UFA market (superstars move now) was the worst thing they could have done."
-uninformed idiots
Dec. 6, 2019 at 2:07 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: Random2152
Ofc no one has won with a double digit salary player. The cap only recently went high enough for those players to begin to exist. Look at cap% and all of a sudden your argument implodes.
"Signing a 40 goal scorer and the now captain while dramatically re-shaping the UFA market (superstars move now) was the worst thing they could have done."
-uninformed idiots

Listen guy, I can't count with my two hands all the dumb things you've said on this website so settle down...
Dec. 6, 2019 at 2:15 p.m.
Just Keep Swimming
Listen guy, I can't count with my two hands all the dumb things you've said on this website so settle down...

Oh please, feel free to do so.
Funny you don't have a response for what I actually said...
Dec. 6, 2019 at 2:22 p.m.
Banned
Oh please, feel free to do so.
Funny you don't have a response for what I actually said...

I'm not the one you were replying to. I honestly don't care what you think. If I listened to every thing you said on here I for sure, would be the dumbest person on this site. I'm fine where I am right now though.
Dec. 6, 2019 at 2:36 p.m.
Just Keep Swimming
I'm not the one you were replying to. I honestly don't care what you think. If I listened to every thing you said on here I for sure, would be the dumbest person on this site. I'm fine where I am right now though.

lol.
You post this AGM and think you aren't the dumbest person on the site?
Even my most ardent hater would agree you couldn't do any worse by listening to me.
Propeller09 liked this.
Dec. 6, 2019 at 2:41 p.m.
Banned
lol.
You post this AGM and think you aren't the dumbest person on the site?
Even my most ardent hater would agree you couldn't do any worse by listening to me.

YOU UNDERESTIMATE MY POWER
Dec. 6, 2019 at 4:35 p.m.
-uninformed idiots

A couple things:

You didn't need him at all. Not one bit. I understand the Cap went up ( I even mentioned it). Let's look at some facts. Toews, Kane and Kopitar were the first group to break the 10M mark. Chicago and LA were both as close to a dynasty as you can have at the time. Since the contracts - LA and Chicago have made playoffs once (the following season after contracts and then a dramatic fall off.

Toronto pays Tavares and makes playoffs, now... TBD, but it doesn't look good. Yup, still alive but you are 13-17 through 30 games.

Why? Because you signed two more guys to 10m+ contract and can't afford to fill out your roster. Kadri is a bone head, but elite defensively and pretty close to elite offensively who happened to me making next to nothing. You think signing a 40 goal guy to 11m is good. Know what's better? keeping the 4.5m - 32 goal scorer. It's also some nice revisionist history. He had never scored 40 until going to Toronto.
Kadri is a legit 2C and you have him on beauty of a deal.

Sure if you wanted to go after Tavares, I get it. He is a heck of a player and from there. If you do that, you don't re-sign Matthews (Marner and Nylander).
Right now you have 3 guys on your roster who are 23 or younger who are making a ton of money. Fat and happy kids.

There are 13 guys in the league with 10m+ cap hits. The Leafs have 23% (3) of them. Currently 4 of them are on playoff teams (McDavid, bobrovsky, Eichel and Price). There is only one other team with more than 1 (Chicago).

Cost per point: Chose mostly the east.
McDavid: $245,098
Matthews: $375,290
Tavares: $550,000
Eichel: $256,410
Skinner: $529,412 (let's be honest, its buffalo, they had to over pay)
Pastrnak: $155,039
Marchand: $139,205
Kucherov: $306,452
Stamkos: $386,364
Point: $321,429
Kadri: $225,000
Nylander: $316,471
Marner: $605,167
Krejci: $345,238
Bergeron: $286,458

Seems like you might be the uninformed idiot. Or Dubas, that is probably more accurate.
Dec. 6, 2019 at 5:32 p.m.
Just Keep Swimming
A couple things:

1) You didn't need him at all. Not one bit. I understand the Cap went up ( I even mentioned it). Let's look at some facts.
2) Toews, Kane and Kopitar were the first group to break the 10M mark. Chicago and LA were both as close to a dynasty as you can have at the time. Since the contracts - LA and Chicago have made playoffs once (the following season after contracts and then a dramatic fall off.

3) Toronto pays Tavares and makes playoffs, now... TBD, but it doesn't look good. Yup, still alive but you are 13-17 through 30 games.

4) Why? Because you signed two more guys to 10m+ contract and can't afford to fill out your roster.

5) Kadri is a bone head, but elite defensively and pretty close to elite offensively who happened to me making next to nothing. You think signing a 40 goal guy to 11m is good. Know what's better? keeping the 4.5m - 32 goal scorer.

6) It's also some nice revisionist history. He had never scored 40 until going to Toronto.

7) Sure if you wanted to go after Tavares, I get it. He is a heck of a player and from there. If you do that, you don't re-sign Matthews (Marner and Nylander).

8)Right now you have 3 guys on your roster who are 23 or younger who are making a ton of money. Fat and happy kids.

9) There are 13 guys in the league with 10m+ cap hits. The Leafs have 23% (3) of them. Currently 4 of them are on playoff teams (McDavid, bobrovsky, Eichel and Price). There is only one other team with more than 1 (Chicago).

10) Cost per point: Chose mostly the east.

Seems like you might be the uninformed idiot. Or Dubas, that is probably more accurate.

1) No team needs superstars, but having more of them is always a good thing. God forbid a team have too much talent.
2) Look at cap%.
Kane & Toews: 11.09%
Malkin: 14.77%
AM (who had put up better numbers than Kane or Toews at the time of signing): 14.27%
Crosby: 14.50%
Kopitar: 11.99%
Ovi: 16.82% (mats is putting up near ovie numbers of goals)

I am more than happy to say that Crosby > Mats, but Malkin (especially prime Malkin) is very comparable and they won two cups with that contract. To simply look at how much a player was making and ignore the % is to entirely miss the point of my argument. PIT won back-to-back with players making that much cap%, so can Toronto.

3) Everyone knows the team is under-performing. They are trying to make some big style changes mid season. That takes time. The Leafs essentially have 10 weeks to figure out what this season is. I wish Shanny had allowed Doobie to fire Babs in the offseason so that we wouldn't have to do this, but here we are. The team isn't quite clicking yet. Once they do (and once they get some time off to actually get some practice time in) they'll be fine, even if this season goes to waste (that would be more on Shanny at that point but that is another another argument entirely).

4) Do you actually know who is on our roster? We have one of the deepest forward pools in the league coupled with a top 5 goalie. The only issues we have roster wise are getting guys to eat popcorn during games. Not a huge issue.

5) Yes, because you should take a high end 2C over an elite 1C whenever you have the chance. I love Naz, he was my favourite Leaf for years and I hate that he is gone. When your centre depth after AM and NK is... Pleky? You go out and get a centre. Naz became a casualty of being bumped down but we massively upgraded a position of weakness for this team. Absolutely worth it. Hell we got Kerfy for Naz, who has been the perfect 3C for this team. He has a little bit of that edge Naz did (Ima be honest, Kerfy is a bit of a rat smile), he has been producing, he has been good defensively. He does 90% of what Naz did for less, and he is younger with some room to grow. When you have the ability to end your organisations decade long weakness, you do it.

6) Because no one could have predicted that JT would go off with a real winger at his siderolling eyes . JT helped Mitch more than Mitch helped JT (by a lot), but Mitch allowed JT to switch roles. JT put up a similar amount of points last year as the years before. There was no revisionist history, we got exactly what was advertised.

7) "Hey John! Sign here because of our good young core. Perfect thanks (turns away and yells into phone) TRADE THEM! TRADE THEM ALL NOW!"
This is an awful take. Don't sign young stars because you got an older one? The cap is 81.5 million you know, more than enough to have them all. Like **** dude, I literally cannot imagine not wanting to have as much talent on you team as possible.

8) Imagine paying your stars what they are worth. Toronto fell 'victim' to the fact that their stars were producing right out of the gate. What an awful problem to have...rolling eyes

9) Say it with me: "LOOK AT CAP PERCENTAGES!" You cannot judge a contract without context against another contract that was signed a decade ago. This list omits Crosby, Malkin, etc even though they were richly compensated at the time.

10) Once again, you are comparing a literally illegal contract that was signed a decade ago and comparing it to a new contract. All of those players were either not nearly as good as AM is now, they were old contracts, or even both! You are also omitting term. Point is on a bridge deal. Do you really think he gets under $10 with term. If you do, get out. You are just wrong and this conversation is pointless. Ofc the Leafs look bad when you compare and apple to an orange and complain that the orange isn't also an apple.

The 10 points above (and specifically the 10th) are why you are acting like an uniformed idiot. You are deliberately skewing the sample to prove your point and ignoring context.
Dec. 7, 2019 at 12:10 a.m.
1) No team needs superstars, but having more of them is always a good thing. God forbid a team have too much talent.
2) Look at cap%.
Kane & Toews: 11.09%
Malkin: 14.77%
AM (who had put up better numbers than Kane or Toews at the time of signing): 14.27%
Crosby: 14.50%
Kopitar: 11.99%
Ovi: 16.82% (mats is putting up near ovie numbers of goals)

I am more than happy to say that Crosby > Mats, but Malkin (especially prime Malkin) is very comparable and they won two cups with that contract. To simply look at how much a player was making and ignore the % is to entirely miss the point of my argument. PIT won back-to-back with players making that much cap%, so can Toronto.

3) Everyone knows the team is under-performing. They are trying to make some big style changes mid season. That takes time. The Leafs essentially have 10 weeks to figure out what this season is. I wish Shanny had allowed Doobie to fire Babs in the offseason so that we wouldn't have to do this, but here we are. The team isn't quite clicking yet. Once they do (and once they get some time off to actually get some practice time in) they'll be fine, even if this season goes to waste (that would be more on Shanny at that point but that is another another argument entirely).

4) Do you actually know who is on our roster? We have one of the deepest forward pools in the league coupled with a top 5 goalie. The only issues we have roster wise are getting guys to eat popcorn during games. Not a huge issue.

5) Yes, because you should take a high end 2C over an elite 1C whenever you have the chance. I love Naz, he was my favourite Leaf for years and I hate that he is gone. When your centre depth after AM and NK is... Pleky? You go out and get a centre. Naz became a casualty of being bumped down but we massively upgraded a position of weakness for this team. Absolutely worth it. Hell we got Kerfy for Naz, who has been the perfect 3C for this team. He has a little bit of that edge Naz did (Ima be honest, Kerfy is a bit of a rat smile), he has been producing, he has been good defensively. He does 90% of what Naz did for less, and he is younger with some room to grow. When you have the ability to end your organisations decade long weakness, you do it.

6) Because no one could have predicted that JT would go off with a real winger at his siderolling eyes . JT helped Mitch more than Mitch helped JT (by a lot), but Mitch allowed JT to switch roles. JT put up a similar amount of points last year as the years before. There was no revisionist history, we got exactly what was advertised.

7) "Hey John! Sign here because of our good young core. Perfect thanks (turns away and yells into phone) TRADE THEM! TRADE THEM ALL NOW!"
This is an awful take. Don't sign young stars because you got an older one? The cap is 81.5 million you know, more than enough to have them all. Like **** dude, I literally cannot imagine not wanting to have as much talent on you team as possible.

8) Imagine paying your stars what they are worth. Toronto fell 'victim' to the fact that their stars were producing right out of the gate. What an awful problem to have...rolling eyes

9) Say it with me: "LOOK AT CAP PERCENTAGES!" You cannot judge a contract without context against another contract that was signed a decade ago. This list omits Crosby, Malkin, etc even though they were richly compensated at the time.

10) Once again, you are comparing a literally illegal contract that was signed a decade ago and comparing it to a new contract. All of those players were either not nearly as good as AM is now, they were old contracts, or even both! You are also omitting term. Point is on a bridge deal. Do you really think he gets under $10 with term. If you do, get out. You are just wrong and this conversation is pointless. Ofc the Leafs look bad when you compare and apple to an orange and complain that the orange isn't also an apple.

The 10 points above (and specifically the 10th) are why you are acting like an uniformed idiot. You are deliberately skewing the sample to prove your point and ignoring context.

Well enjoy your many Cups.
You are missing pretty much every point.
The thing about all the % you mentioned were the very talented players who took less to play with Crosby, Malkin Toews and Kane.
Matthews, Tavares, marner are not even close to Malkin or Crosby. Like galaxies apart. Matthews has a career high or 73 points. Malkin lowest by same age was 85. 106 & 113.

I am not saying dont aquire elite talent. I am saying aquire the right elite talent. Its not hard.

Why if everyone is sooooo good, are you not able to win a round (or play .500) this season?

Signing Tavares to this team absolutely destroyed your salary structure. It did.

You are not a deep team at all. Your 4th line is an absolute joke and johnsson and kapanen are not as good as you think they are. Kerfoot suck. 9pts.

Andersen is not a top 5 goalie. Not even close. No particular order
Rask, Bishop, MAF, binnington, price, lehner, bob (until this year), helleybuck, gibson, holtby are all substantially better.
Dec. 7, 2019 at 12:32 a.m.
Just Keep Swimming
Well enjoy your many Cups.
You are missing pretty much every point.
The thing about all the % you mentioned were the very talented players who took less to play with Crosby, Malkin Toews and Kane.
1) Matthews, Tavares, marner are not even close to Malkin or Crosby. Like galaxies apart. Matthews has a career high or 73 points. Malkin lowest by same age was 85. 106 & 113.

2) I am not saying dont aquire elite talent. I am saying aquire the right elite talent. Its not hard.

3) Why if everyone is sooooo good, are you not able to win a round (or play .500) this season?

4) Signing Tavares to this team absolutely destroyed your salary structure. It did.

5) You are not a deep team at all. Your 4th line is an absolute joke and johnsson and kapanen are not as good as you think they are. Kerfoot suck. 9pts.

6) Andersen is not a top 5 goalie. Not even close. No particular order
Rask, Bishop, MAF, binnington, price, lehner, bob (until this year), helleybuck, gibson, holtby are all substantially better.

1) Using points in player evaluation in 2019
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Mate I dunno what to tell yah other than you are wrong. Malkin and Mats are similar skill wise (and even on he points thing, you are again ignoring context. Look at games played).

2) JT was the right talent. And if he wasn't, who was exactly? Be specific.

3) because they ran into the 2nd best team in the league in the first round both times (and nearly won both times). You cannot argue about losing in the first round when the series is basically the conference finals. In terms of .500 this year, have you been paying any attention at all? The team quit on Babs (apparently he was a total asshole). Keefe has been here all of 7 games and is working to get them going.

4) And what exactly was our salary structure?

5) Boy you do not know what you are talking about in the slightest...

6) See 5. Good lord man.

This response basically just showed that you have zero knowledge on what you are talking about. As such there is nothing further to be gained from this discussion. Goodnight.
Dec. 7, 2019 at 11:44 a.m.
Banned
A couple things:

You didn't need him at all. Not one bit. I understand the Cap went up ( I even mentioned it). Let's look at some facts. Toews, Kane and Kopitar were the first group to break the 10M mark. Chicago and LA were both as close to a dynasty as you can have at the time. Since the contracts - LA and Chicago have made playoffs once (the following season after contracts and then a dramatic fall off.

Toronto pays Tavares and makes playoffs, now... TBD, but it doesn't look good. Yup, still alive but you are 13-17 through 30 games.

Why? Because you signed two more guys to 10m+ contract and can't afford to fill out your roster. Kadri is a bone head, but elite defensively and pretty close to elite offensively who happened to me making next to nothing. You think signing a 40 goal guy to 11m is good. Know what's better? keeping the 4.5m - 32 goal scorer. It's also some nice revisionist history. He had never scored 40 until going to Toronto.

Sure if you wanted to go after Tavares, I get it. He is a heck of a player and from there. If you do that, you don't re-sign Matthews (Marner and Nylander).
Right now you have 3 guys on your roster who are 23 or younger who are making a ton of money. Fat and happy kids.

There are 13 guys in the league with 10m+ cap hits. The Leafs have 23% (3) of them. Currently 4 of them are on playoff teams (McDavid, bobrovsky, Eichel and Price). There is only one other team with more than 1 (Chicago).

A couple things:

Kings didn’t fall off because of cap. They fell of because they lost the main supporting cast around Kopitar, Doughty, and Quick such as Slava Voynov, Mike Richards, Jaret Stoll, Marian Gaborik, and Justin Williams. Obviously those players had different reason like drugs, injury, suspension, free agency, or their game going completely to crap. Not cap.

This proves my point about you 100% you know the stats, but you ignore literally every other factor and you still think you are some kind of genius.

Please get off my thread you are just embarrassing yourself.
Dec. 9, 2019 at 8:41 a.m.
Edited Dec. 9, 2019 at 9:11 a.m.
Kings didn’t fall off because of cap. They fell of because they lost the main supporting cast around Kopitar, Doughty, and Quick such as Slava Voynov, Mike Richards, Jaret Stoll, Marian Gaborik, and Justin Williams. Obviously those players had different reason like drugs, injury, suspension, free agency, or their game going completely to crap. Not cap.

This proves my point about you 100% you know the stats, but you ignore literally every other factor and you still think you are some kind of genius.

Please get off my thread you are just embarrassing yourself.

Jarret Stoll is what destroyed the kings. Perfect.
And the Hawks? I like how you pick and chose.
You are a fool and your team isn't going to win with their current core. It's just not happening. Too top heavy. You should probably pay Rielly 12m in a couple years too.

Also - **Please get off my thread. JFC. "I am taking my ball and going home because you beat me, wahhhh"

And on the kings. Yes, someo guys fell of for various reasons, because they had no money to re-sign other players. Also - Really Gaborik? So they were forced to trade a contract that they could LTIR for a terrible over paid dman who they subsequently bought out.

Stop, You can't win with the way The Leafs pay is structured.
2019- 7.5m or 9.37% - O'Reilly -- 7.5m or 9.37 (Tarasenko)
2018 9.5m or 12.33% - Ovi -- 7.8m or 10.09 (Kunetsov)
2017 9.5m or 13.50% - Geno -- 8.7m or 12.37 (sid)
2016 - 8.7m or 12.25% - Sid -- 7.25m or 10.21 (Letang) Geno was hurt/IR
2015 - 7m or 10.62% - Doughty -- 6.8m or 10.32 (Kopitar)
2014 - 6.3m for both Toews and Kane ~9.61&

Matthews 14.73%
Tavares 13.92%
Marner 13.79%

So, thus far, the highest cap hit on a Stanley Cup Winning team was 13.5% with the top two taking up 25.87% of Cap.
The third highest player on the Leaf has a higher cap hit % than anyone who has ever won the Cup.
go away now.
Dec. 9, 2019 at 9:34 a.m.
Banned
Jarret Stoll is what destroyed the kings. Perfect.
And the Hawks? I like how you pick and chose.
You are a fool and your team isn't going to win with their current core. It's just not happening. Too top heavy. You should probably pay Rielly 12m in a couple years too.

Also - **Please get off my thread. JFC. "I am taking my ball and going home because you beat me, wahhhh"

And on the kings. Yes, someo guys fell of for various reasons, because they had no money to re-sign other players. Also - Really Gaborik? So they were forced to trade a contract that they could LTIR for a terrible over paid dman who they subsequently bought out.

Stop, You can't win with the way The Leafs pay is structured.
2019- 7.5m or 9.37% - O'Reilly -- 7.5m or 9.37 (Tarasenko)
2018 9.5m or 12.33% - Ovi -- 7.8m or 10.09 (Kunetsov)
2017 9.5m or 13.50% - Geno -- 8.7m or 12.37 (sid)
2016 - 8.7m or 12.25% - Sid -- 7.25m or 10.21 (Letang) Geno was hurt/IR
2015 - 7m or 10.62% - Doughty -- 6.8m or 10.32 (Kopitar)
2014 - 6.3m for both Toews and Kane ~9.61&

Matthews 14.73%
Tavares 13.92%
Marner 13.79%

So, thus far, the highest cap hit on a Stanley Cup Winning team was 13.5% with the top two taking up 25.87% of Cap.
The third highest player on the Leaf has a higher cap hit % than anyone who has ever won the Cup.
go away now.

I am not familiar with the Blackhawks which is why I didn't comment on them. I grew up watching the LA Kings and followed them very closely from 2010-2016 so yes, I know exactly what their issues were. It is pretty silly to think that the only reason they didn't continue to win cups is because LA signed Kopi 10m a year...
I am not a Leafs fan so I don't know why you are saying "Your team" I personally don't think the Leafs will win a Cup for another 20-30 years.

As far as Gaborik goes, like I said he was always injured and therefore no more use to the Kings. They traded Gaborik and Shore to Ottawa for Phaneuf and Thompson because they thought it would help them in the playoffs. It was a bad move and Blake is an idiot for it. Blake is also a ****ty GM.

You really don't know anything about the LA Kings and what went wrong and why so please stop talking about of your butt. Everything you have said so far is false and a clear lack of knowledge on the situation regarding the Kings.
Dec. 9, 2019 at 9:45 a.m.
I am not familiar with the Blackhawks which is why I didn't comment on them. I grew up watching the LA Kings and followed them very closely from 2010-2016 so yes, I know exactly what their issues were. It is pretty silly to think that the only reason they didn't continue to win cups is because LA signed Kopi 10m a year...
I am not a Leafs fan so I don't know why you are saying "Your team" I personally don't think the Leafs will win a Cup for another 20-30 years.

As far as Gaborik goes, like I said he was always injured and therefore no more use to the Kings. They traded Gaborik and Shore to Ottawa for Phaneuf and Thompson because they thought it would help them in the playoffs. It was a bad move and Blake is an idiot for it. Blake is also a ****ty GM.

You really don't know anything about the LA Kings and what went wrong and why so please stop talking about of your butt. Everything you have said so far is false and a clear lack of knowledge on the situation regarding the Kings.

I have said very little about the kings at all. I said they went down hill when they started signing guys to high contracts. That is true. The Doughty contract will haunt them for the next 8 years. I am not sure what you are referring to as "false". To be honest, I could care less. The entire argument is about salary structure.
Dec. 9, 2019 at 9:57 a.m.
Banned
I have said very little about the kings at all. I said they went down hill when they started signing guys to high contracts. That is true. The Doughty contract will haunt them for the next 8 years. I am not sure what you are referring to as "false". To be honest, I could care less. The entire argument is about salary structure.

Your argument is that the Kings went downhill because of salary and that is 100% false. In case, you weren't aware, Doughty's contract extension was 4 years after their last cup victory so I'm not sure what that has to do with the cause of their downfall. Kings downfall started before the contract extensions of Kopitar and Doughty. It started when they lost Voynov, Richards, Gaborik, Stoll, and Williams as I stated previously. Most of that started in the beginning of the 2014-15 season. Cap has absolutely nothing to do with the Kings downfall.
Dec. 9, 2019 at 10:18 a.m.
Your argument is that the Kings went downhill because of salary and that is 100% false. In case, you weren't aware, Doughty's contract extension was 4 years after their last cup victory so I'm not sure what that has to do with the cause of their downfall. Kings downfall started before the contract extensions of Kopitar and Doughty. It started when they lost Voynov, Richards, Gaborik, Stoll, and Williams as I stated previously. Most of that started in the beginning of the 2014-15 season. Cap has absolutely nothing to do with the Kings downfall.

You have comprehension issues because you are just trying to be right.

Part of the reason the kings can't win now is because they are too top loaded. Yes, I know they just re-signed Doughty and he was not part of the downfall. He is however the reason they will stay in it. They Lost williams because they couldn't/didn't want to pay him.
Stoll? again. He was never good. It doesn't help that you keep referencing him. It's like saying the Bruins didn't win because Chris Kelley fell off. Come on.

Again - What did I say that was False?
Dec. 9, 2019 at 10:40 a.m.
Banned
You have comprehension issues because you are just trying to be right.

Part of the reason the kings can't win now is because they are too top loaded. Yes, I know they just re-signed Doughty and he was not part of the downfall. He is however the reason they will stay in it. They Lost williams because they couldn't/didn't want to pay him.
Stoll? again. He was never good. It doesn't help that you keep referencing him. It's like saying the Bruins didn't win because Chris Kelley fell off. Come on.

Again - What did I say that was False?

Stoll was one of the best 3C's the Kings ever had and was a big lockeroom and leadership guy. You have no idea what you are talking about. Stoll and Kelly are two completely different players lmao
Yet, I am the one with comprehension issues? I know I am right and you are just saying stupid things. Now you are correcting yourself about Doughty lol
Top heavy? Kings have enough money to sign Krug, Hall, and Holtby this offseason, but that isn't the answer to their problems. You are false about Stoll's value to the Kings, Kopitar, Doughty's, contracts and cap being the cause of their downfall, and me being the one with comprehension issues. List goes on...

Here's one for ya, How important was Matt Greene to the LA Kings?
Dec. 9, 2019 at 11:03 a.m.
Stoll was one of the best 3C's the Kings ever had and was a big lockeroom and leadership guy. You have no idea what you are talking about. Stoll and Kelly are two completely different players lmao
Yet, I am the one with comprehension issues? I know I am right and you are just saying stupid things. Now you are correcting yourself about Doughty lol
Top heavy? Kings have enough money to sign Krug, Hall, and Holtby this offseason, but that isn't the answer to their problems. You are false about Stoll's value to the Kings, Kopitar, Doughty's, contracts and cap being the cause of their downfall, and me being the one with comprehension issues. List goes on...

Here's one for ya, How important was Matt Greene to the LA Kings?

I never changed or amended anything I said about Doughty. I think this is what you are referring to, but again, reading Comprehension.
"I have said very little about the kings at all. I said they went down hill when they started signing guys to high contracts. That is true. The Doughty contract will haunt them for the next 8 years. I am not sure what you are referring to as "false". To be honest, I could care less. The entire argument is about salary structure."
Doughty is on an 8 year 88m contract, Correct? Considering you can only sign 8 year deals max, I thought it was clear moving forward. I am sorry you don't under the rules.
You have approx 20m next year and you think you can sign all three? You are delusional. I am guessing Hall is close to 10m. Holtby is 7M+ and Krug will be 7m+ (If he leaves Boston. That's well over 20m. Let's say by some miracle, you made that happen for 20m. Your roster is still 7-8 guys short.

Chris Kelley was exactly what you described Stoll as being. So much of a leader he was a captain. Something Stoll Never was. I bet Stoll was big in the locker room, he was the one providing the coke & ecstasy.

Greene was not that important. Every player is important to a certain extent, but he was certainly replaceable. More important to the 1st than the second.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll