Team: 2019-20 Pittsburgh Penguins
Initial Creation Date: Dec. 8, 2019
Published: Dec. 8, 2019
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Trades
PIT
  1. Hall, Taylor
Additional Details:
people may say its an overpay... but id be fine with it. Adding Hall would make this arguably the most dangerous pens team of the Crosby/Malkin era
PIT
  1. Scandella, Marco
Additional Details:
just a trade I like
Buried
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
23$81,500,000$72,924,125$132,500$3,832,500$8,575,875
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the New Jersey Devils
$3,000,000$3,000,000
LW
UFA - 1
Logo of the Pittsburgh Penguins
$8,700,000$8,700,000
C
NMC
UFA - 6
$5,300,000$5,300,000
RW
NTC
UFA - 4
$4,500,000$4,500,000
LW, RW
UFA - 5
$9,500,000$9,500,000
C
NMC
UFA - 3
$3,500,000$3,500,000
RW, LW
UFA - 3
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,850,000$3M)
LW, RW, C
UFA - 1
$1,250,000$1,250,000
C, LW
UFA - 1
$3,500,000$3,500,000
LW, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 6
$1,000,000$1,000,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$750,000$750,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$767,500$767,500 (Performance Bonus$132,500$132K)
RW, C, LW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$4,100,000$4,100,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$7,250,000$7,250,000
RD
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 3
$675,000$675,000
G
UFA - 1
$874,125$874,125
LD
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
RD
UFA - 2
$3,750,000$3,750,000
G
UFA - 1
Logo of the Buffalo Sabres
$2,000,000$2,000,000
LD
UFA - 1
$5,500,000$5,500,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$3,250,000$3,250,000
LD
UFA - 4
$850,000$850,000
LD
UFA - 1
$750,000$750,000
C, LW
UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Dec. 8, 2019 at 7:50 p.m.
Addison, Hallander and a 1st? Heeeeelllll no.
pharrow liked this.
Dec. 8, 2019 at 7:53 p.m.
Quoting: Yojimbo
Addison, Hallander and a 1st? Heeeeelllll no.

If we could resign him I’d do it in a heartbeat. Realistically, Addison, a first, and Hallender won’t make much of an impact during the Crosby/Malkin era. Rutherford should just go all in and land/resign hall. Adding hall would make this the best team in the league. Crosby / Malkin have another cup left. Why not fully maximize having one of the best duo in NHL history and go all in for another cup?

I saw an Avs trade of:
Timmons, kaut, and a first for hall. And I figured this would be pretty comparable.
Dec. 8, 2019 at 8:21 p.m.
Caps fan idk why
Quoting: mhockey91
If we could resign him I’d do it in a heartbeat. Realistically, Addison, a first, and Hallender won’t make much of an impact during the Crosby/Malkin era. Rutherford should just go all in and land/resign hall. Adding hall would make this the best team in the league. Crosby / Malkin have another cup left. Why not fully maximize having one of the best duo in NHL history and go all in for another cup?

I saw an Avs trade of:
Timmons, kaut, and a first for hall. And I figured this would be pretty comparable.

I agree. After Malkin and Crosby are gone this team will revert to the X generation and all the “fans” will slowly go away. Might as well try to capitalize on this current roster.
mhockey91 liked this.
Dec. 8, 2019 at 8:32 p.m.
Quoting: Capitalfail67
I agree. After Malkin and Crosby are gone this team will revert to the X generation and all the “fans” will slowly go away. Might as well try to capitalize on this current roster.

Pens have one of the worst prospect pools in the league. And we all know Rutherford will be long gone before Crosby/Malkin are. I say pens best bet is to capitalize on a very strong team and add an elite player like hall, even if its an overpay. Pittsburgh has looked great this season and has been hammered with injuries. Sid and Malkin have only played 4 games together. Letang, Schultz, Rust, Galchenyuk, Hornqvist, Dumo, etc.. have all missed significant time. When this team is fully healthy they're going to be a threat, and adding/resigning Hall would give them 4 elite offensive players for another few seasons at least.
JordanFerreira99 liked this.
Dec. 8, 2019 at 8:44 p.m.
Pens

I saw an Avs trade of:

I 100% agree. I feel like it's weird that no rumours have been coming out about us and Hall. Crosby and Malkin are already 32 and 33. They probably have another 4 season were they'll be legit contenders for the cup and right now adding Hall gives us the best chance to win. We'll easily have if not the best, one of the best forwards groups with him. Sid, Geno, Jake,Hall would be unstoppable. Not to mention guys like Rust, McCann, Kahun, Tanev have been great this year as well, not to mention that we'll be getting Hornqvist and Bjugstad back soon too. I would offer a 2020 1st round pick, Hallander, Addison/POJ, and Galchenyuk. Galchenyuk makes the cap work and the Devils get another asset that they can use to flip for another pick. I also think we can sign him. With Schultz being a UFA and guys like Hornqvist, JJ, and Bjugstad being another 13M in cap that alone is 18M coming off the books just from those four guys. Give him 10M - 10.750M for 6 years and he gets to play with Sid and Geno for the rest of their careers.

Roll with these lines
Guentzel - Crosby - Hornqvist
Hall - Malkin - Rust
Kahun - McCann - Bjugstad
ZAR - Blueger - Tanev
Scratches - Simon, Lafferty.
mhockey91 liked this.
Dec. 8, 2019 at 9:48 p.m.
Banned

Quoting: Capitalfail67

People are caught up with a name. There is no part of Hall's current play that is worth anything that some people are trying to say he is.
One of the biggest issues teams have is signing players is paying for past performance and not the players current or future levels of play.
Hall has already peaked as a player. He's gonna be 29 next year. All the stats show declining 5v5 play. Everyone want to say he's a former league MVP, but then say it's the teams fault when it comes to his play.
The better move for this team if they make a move for the playoffs is to go after Krieder. Or try to make some lateral move like Chucky for Vesey or some version of that and see how it turns out. It's not like it could get worse.
But paying Hall for what he did, as opposed to what he's currently doing, is not the right way to go.
Dec. 9, 2019 at 5:23 a.m.
GM67
Sorry bud but this is so drastically of an overpayment for Hall. You don't even need to come close to giving up that much.
Dec. 9, 2019 at 7:46 a.m.

I saw an Avs trade of:

He is a UFA. Every team can sign him. Grossly overpaying will not change that at all. Frankly, you will NEED those good ELC players on the team if you sign Hall and are going to has so many high cap hit players on one team. Resigning him is a huge reason to NOT overpay with futures.

I don't really care what the Avs are offering, or what Av fans are offering. I am not interested in beating their offers, I am interested in not over paying.
Dec. 9, 2019 at 8:29 a.m.
Quoting: pharrow
People are caught up with a name. There is no part of Hall's current play that is worth anything that some people are trying to say he is.
One of the biggest issues teams have is signing players is paying for past performance and not the players current or future levels of play.
Hall has already peaked as a player. He's gonna be 29 next year. All the stats show declining 5v5 play. Everyone want to say he's a former league MVP, but then say it's the teams fault when it comes to his play.
The better move for this team if they make a move for the playoffs is to go after Krieder. Or try to make some lateral move like Chucky for Vesey or some version of that and see how it turns out. It's not like it could get worse.
But paying Hall for what he did, as opposed to what he's currently doing, is not the right way to go.

89a88e2b44c567141381708427a05d7c.jpg
Dec. 9, 2019 at 8:29 a.m.
Quoting: jasondomitrovic
Sorry bud but this is so drastically of an overpayment for Hall. You don't even need to come close to giving up that much.

I’d prefer not to, but like I said, pens should be all in for hall. It all depends what other teams offer up.
Dec. 9, 2019 at 8:33 a.m.
He is a UFA. Every team can sign him. Grossly overpaying will not change that at all. Frankly, you will NEED those good ELC players on the team if you sign Hall and are going to has so many high cap hit players on one team. Resigning him is a huge reason to NOT overpay with futures.

I don't really care what the Avs are offering, or what Av fans are offering. I am not interested in beating their offers, I am interested in not over paying.

Realistically, our top 4 RHD is pretty set with Letang/Marino. While I like Addison, he’s a smaller guy and still a few years away from NHL prime time. Hallender has a serious knee injury which could also derail his development. I completely agree that pens need ELC guys (like back in 2016/17 when they won cups with Sheary, Rust, Guzental, Murray, Dumo, etc), but... how many years are these guys away from being impactful players? Especially the 2020 first round pick. Adding hall would give us 4 legitimate offensive Weapons, not to mention the amount of great depth we have this season. If adding hall wins us another cup, who cares what the cost is.
Dec. 9, 2019 at 8:47 a.m.
Banned
89a88e2b44c567141381708427a05d7c.jpg

Realistically, our top 4 RHD is pretty set with Letang/Marino. While I like Addison, he’s a smaller guy and still a few years away from NHL prime time. Hallender has a serious knee injury which could also derail his development. I completely agree that pens need ELC guys (like back in 2016/17 when they won cups with Sheary, Rust, Guzental, Murray, Dumo, etc), but... how many years are these guys away from being impactful players? Especially the 2020 first round pick. Adding hall would give us 4 legitimate offensive Weapons, not to mention the amount of great depth we have this season. If adding hall wins us another cup, who cares what the cost is.

you should probably use your own pictures for yourself.
Hallender doesn't have a knee injury he broke his leg, in September. And there is already video of him skating on it.
He's suppose to be back to playing in a few weeks as his expected return is late December.. Derail his development. wtf is the eyeroll emoji.
Never take information from this dude seriously. He's clueless.
Dec. 9, 2019 at 8:51 a.m.
you should probably use your own pictures for yourself.
Hallender doesn't have a knee injury he broke his leg, in September. And there is already video of him skating on it.
He's suppose to be back to playing in a few weeks as his expected return is late December.. Derail his development. wtf is the eyeroll emoji.
Never take information from this dude seriously. He's clueless.

Okay you’re right. It was a fractured leg. As for derailing his development... it most certainly could. You’re just clueless lmao.
https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/fantasy/hockey/news/penguins-filip-hallander-sustains-fractured-leg/amp/

“ Hallander was expected to have a big season after putting up 21 points in 45 games last year, but his injury could derail his development.”

Am I saying this is gonna make him a bust? Absolutely not. What I’m saying is that missing any amount of significant time at that age is never good for development.
Dec. 9, 2019 at 8:54 a.m.
Banned
Okay you’re right. It was a fractured leg. As for derailing his development... it most certainly could. You’re just clueless lmao.
https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/fantasy/hockey/news/penguins-filip-hallander-sustains-fractured-leg/amp/

“ Hallander was expected to have a big season after putting up 21 points in 45 games last year, but his injury could derail his development.”

Am I saying this is gonna make him a bust? Absolutely not. What I’m saying is that missing any amount of significant time at that age is never good for development.

you are clueless. You don't even know anything about his injury and your are claiming it could derail his career. Now you are over here pointlessly trying to save face.
Just shut up or delete your account. FFS.
Dec. 9, 2019 at 8:57 a.m.
you are clueless. You don't even know anything about his injury and your are claiming it could derail his career. Now you are over here pointlessly trying to save face.
Just shut up or delete your account. FFS.

I literally posted a link to an article that specifically mentioned it could derail his development. It’s clueless bias pens fans like you that make the entire fan base look bad. I’m pretty sure most people would agree with my takes on here much over yours.
Dec. 9, 2019 at 9:45 a.m.
Banned
I literally posted a link to an article that specifically mentioned it could derail his development. It’s clueless bias pens fans like you that make the entire fan base look bad. I’m pretty sure most people would agree with my takes on here much over yours.

yeah sure, everyone agrees that a simple fracture with no complications is derailing his development. His career is RUINED!!!!!!
you are so full of yourself. You spout off on things you have no clue about, and then constantly try to save face by trying to argue.
YOUR WRONG!
Dec. 9, 2019 at 10:24 a.m.
yeah sure, everyone agrees that a simple fracture with no complications is derailing his development. His career is RUINED!!!!!!
you are so full of yourself. You spout off on things you have no clue about, and then constantly try to save face by trying to argue.
YOUR WRONG!

Are you dumb??? I never once said it would, I said it could. Which is absolutely true. Just don’t comment on my stuff anymore. I have zero time for clueless bias pens fans like you
Dec. 9, 2019 at 10:45 p.m.
Banned
Are you dumb??? I never once said it would, I said it could. Which is absolutely true. Just don’t comment on my stuff anymore. I have zero time for clueless bias pens fans like you

here you are, still trying......yawn

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll