$1,000,000$1,000,000
C
UFA - 1
Logo of the Montreal Canadiens
$1,000,000$1,000,000
LW, C
UFA - 1
Logo of the St. Louis Blues
$758,333$758,333 (Performance Bonus$182,500$182K)
RW
UFA - 2
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,500,000$2M)
C
UFA - 2
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
C, LW
UFA - 2
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$425,000$425K)
C
UFA - 3
$763,333$763,333 (Performance Bonus$70,000$70K)
RW, LW
UFA - 3
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$2,000,000$2,000,000
LD
UFA - 1
$7,857,143$7,857,143
RD
UFA - 7
$10,500,000$10,500,000
G
NMC
UFA - 7
$1,750,000$1,750,000
LD/RD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$5,500,000$5,500,000
RD
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 2
$750,000$750,000
G
UFA - 2
$925,000$925,000
LD/RD
UFA - 3
$748,333$748,333
LD/RD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Feb. 1, 2020 at 12:42 a.m.
Sam
C’mon now
Feb. 1, 2020 at 2:59 a.m.
Billy739
Suzuki for Steen while you're at it :P

if you said Mikkola and a 3rd for Kovalchuk maybe that makes more sense as unlike Kostin or Kyrou he's not a top AHL Prospect avail to call up for said playoff run .

Mikkola's like a bottom line version of Parayko
he'll block shots , he'll hit but his true strength is his hockey IQ and positioning .
6'4 D however gets thrown around and still needs to pack on another 10 lbs of muscle this year to balance out.

MTL had a player like him in Komasarek years back
got upside offensively he'll never tap but he's solid enough all around he can get 5-7 years in the NHL at his age .
Perfect guy to help our AHL team on their playoff run while learning our system
Feb. 1, 2020 at 3:01 a.m.
How old is Kovalchuk again?
Feb. 1, 2020 at 3:46 a.m.
yeah I'm good.

Quoting: Billy739
Suzuki for Steen while you're at it :P

if you said Mikkola and a 3rd for Kovalchuk maybe that makes more sense as unlike Kostin or Kyrou he's not a top AHL Prospect avail to call up for said playoff run .

Mikkola's like a bottom line version of Parayko
he'll block shots , he'll hit but his true strength is his hockey IQ and positioning .
6'4 D however gets thrown around and still needs to pack on another 10 lbs of muscle this year to balance out.

MTL had a player like him in Komasarek years back
got upside offensively he'll never tap but he's solid enough all around he can get 5-7 years in the NHL at his age .
Perfect guy to help our AHL team on their playoff run while learning our system

Still wouldn't do it for Mikkola he got called up, and had some very solid performances that have shown he could be a solid top 4 in the future on the left side. Now with being considering Tucker is also another guy being looked at on that side, so I would be way more appeased at maybe Toropchenko. But I just don't think I would be interested in Kovalchuk, I don't think he fits in Berube's lineup or style.
Feb. 1, 2020 at 4:19 a.m.
Billy739
Quoting: BeastModeUnknown
yeah I'm good.

Still wouldn't do it for Mikkola he got called up, and had some very solid performances that have shown he could be a solid top 4 in the future on the left side. Now with being considering Tucker is also another guy being looked at on that side, so I would be way more appeased at maybe Toropchenko. But I just don't think I would be interested in Kovalchuk, I don't think he fits in Berube's lineup or style.

so did jerebek and we got a 5th for him
doesnt mean he's super mario just that he might actually make it out of the AHL

i think you dont want a cup if Toropchenko is all you're offering
this is a sellers market not a buyers and basic economics dictate's in a Capitalist Economy Supply vs demand drives cost.
Toropchenko is like us offering you Audette who unlike AT is steadily progressing each year consistently and we still had to cut him loose do to no ECHL team and 40+ AHL contracts for 23 spots
He's big , Slow and doesnt have high enough hockey IQ to make up for that .
Feb. 1, 2020 at 5:11 a.m.
so did jerebek and we got a 5th for him
doesnt mean he's super mario just that he might actually make it out of the AHL

i think you dont want a cup if Toropchenko is all you're offering
this is a sellers market not a buyers and basic economics dictate's in a Capitalist Economy Supply vs demand drives cost.
Toropchenko is like us offering you Audette who unlike AT is steadily progressing each year consistently and we still had to cut him loose do to no ECHL team and 40+ AHL contracts for 23 spots
He's big , Slow and doesnt have high enough hockey IQ to make up for that .

Offering a Middle Six upside for a guy who would be in our bottom 6.....because that seems like something anyone would do, but you think Blues will just hand over Mikkola a Top 4 Upside prospect for a Bottom 6 Forward on the Blues......yeah something seems wrong with that and I'm not about to ask.
mokumboi and Billy739 liked this.
Feb. 1, 2020 at 6:05 a.m.
Offering a Middle Six upside for a guy who would be in our bottom 6.....because that seems like something anyone would do, but you think Blues will just hand over Mikkola a Top 4 Upside prospect for a Bottom 6 Forward on the Blues......yeah something seems wrong with that and I'm not about to ask.

Kovalchuk will definitly played over Sanford with ROR and Perron tho
Feb. 1, 2020 at 6:12 a.m.
mokumboi
if you said Mikkola and a 3rd for Kovalchuk...

Whoa, let me stop you right there. You have *us* adding a pick to Mikko for an old guy rental we coulda signed free a few weeks ago? Not a chance in hell.
Shylo_Moxii liked this.
Feb. 1, 2020 at 11:06 a.m.
Quoting: GMs
Kovalchuk will definitly played over Sanford with ROR and Perron tho

No because he balances the line out. Berube understands balance. Kovalchuk is not as quick as Sanford. Like Sanford is inconsistent I understand that, but he gets the little details done. Kovalchuk wouldn't because he isn't as dynamic as he used to be.
Feb. 1, 2020 at 2:41 p.m.
Billy739

middle 6 upside ?
he's bottom 6 in the AHL and shows no signs of having the skills to improve that IMO

i watched him live vs Laval and we've outright released more talented players .
if we had an ECHL team to stick him so the dude can learn how to do more then turnover pucks and shoot .. . maybe

but in MTL he automatically gets released there's no room for a player with that little skill as a all around player .
Maybe its just because i've actually seen him in action vs our team that i dont want him knowing he couldnt outwork a single guy for their spot .
Feb. 1, 2020 at 2:42 p.m.
middle 6 upside ?
he's bottom 6 in the AHL and this isnt his rookie year
i watched him live vs Laval and we've outright released more talented players .
if we had an ECHL team to stick him so the dude can learn how to do more then turnover pucks and shoot .. . maybe

but in MTL he automatically gets released there's no room for a player with that little skill as a all around player .

Toropchenko is having an off year at the moment, taking him a little longer to develop. But has an upside of Middle 6. Drops to Bottom 6 in my opinion if he can’t do anything by offseason.
Feb. 1, 2020 at 2:50 p.m.
Billy739
Quoting: mokumboi
Whoa, let me stop you right there. You have *us* adding a pick to Mikko for an old guy rental we coulda signed free a few weeks ago? Not a chance in hell.

When he gets it i do hope its on WSH at STL expense if we're being honest
WSH's Ovechkin i think would love playing with Kovalev again

Sellers market means overpaying its basic economics if you live in Canada or USA .
Denying it says you dont understand how the world you live in works .
Plekanecs wasnt worth a 2nd and 2 AHL prospecs but we got it , Weise wasnt worth Danault but we got him and Romanov, and every 2-3 years it becomes a sellers market where MB makes his trades that work out long term .

Is Kovalchuk worth Mikkola and a Pick ? no
Will he get it from one of the 10 playoff teams seperated by 2-4 points including 6 in the west ? Absolutely .
Hanzal coming off injury got a 1st ,2nd and a AHL prospect because it was a Sellers market and he was the best possible Center available.

you'd have to have ignored every TDL for decades to not understand the impact of the TDL and the NHL Standings
Feb. 1, 2020 at 2:58 p.m.
Billy739
Toropchenko is having an off year at the moment, taking him a little longer to develop. But has an upside of Middle 6. Drops to Bottom 6 in my opinion if he can’t do anything by offseason.

so you havent seen him play is what you're saying?

Watch him live you'll see what everyone else does , a player who doesnt seem to be enjoying playing in North America and seems uninterested in learning to play on small ice .

Either that or he just really likes to see San Antonio lose .
I mean aside from 1 playoff run where he had minimal minutes ridding Our Rookie Nick Suzuki's coat tails his entire career suggests he wont turn pro .

If i didnt watch him in Junior in the memorial cup maybe i'd be impressed but he was the barn door nothing more .
Jaskin was 4th in QMJHL scoring going on a 70 point run in 40 games playing beside Danault . Granted Jaskin was a better all around player with heart but his offense only peaked 1 time in his entire career exactly the same way Torpechenko's does so unless he learns to Hit and Alot i dont see NHL in his future

you dont see value in AT either as you're trying to put lipstick on a pig to move him out.
i am just familiar with his work and am not impressed.
Feb. 1, 2020 at 3:00 p.m.
so you havent seen him play is what you're saying?

Watch him live you'll see what everyone else does , a player who doesnt seem to be enjoying playing in North America and seems uninterested in learning to play on small ice .

Either that or he just really likes to see San Antonio lose .
I mean aside from 1 playoff run where he had minimal minutes ridding Our Rookie Nick Suzuki's coat tails his entire career suggests he wont turn pro .

If i didnt watch him in Junior in the memorial cup maybe i'd be impressed but he was the barn door nothing more .
Jaskin was 4th in QMJHL scoring going on a 70 point run in 40 games playing beside Danault . Granted Jaskin was a better all around player with heart but his offense only peaked 1 time in his entire career exactly the same way Torpechenko's does so unless he learns to Hit and Alot i dont see NHL in his future

I have seen him play, and actually I saw him in the Prospect showcase this year as well as going to couple of his games. His work ethic is meh, he looks lazy but that’s because of the way he plays he gets tired so he conserves energy at times.
Billy739 liked this.
Feb. 1, 2020 at 3:05 p.m.
Billy739
I have seen him play, and actually I saw him in the Prospect showcase this year as well as going to couple of his games. His work ethic is meh, he looks lazy but that’s because of the way he plays he gets tired so he conserves energy at times.

Jaskin was bigger and had 1 year on the fly to fit in
he stood out and played well
if AT conditioning is that bad it raises entirely new issues
if you're a STL fan im sure you're aware of Jaskins work ethic and its what sets him apart from AT
Jaskin got mad after a missed shift or a turnover , AT looks defeated
Jaskin would go out the next shift and make a statement hit to get his head back in the game
AT goes out and tries not to be noticed as if he's lost .

That being said Jaskin and Barbashev had Danault come in and even learn some Russian trying to help them fit in .
Danault really went above and beyond so maybe AT just needs that i suppose

Either way just look at MTL AHL system we got no room and another half dozen guys to old to go back to junior next year looking to join with no ECHL team in 2-3 years now.
Feb. 1, 2020 at 3:37 p.m.
mokumboi
When he gets it i do hope its on WSH at STL expense if we're being honest
WSH's Ovechkin i think would love playing with Kovalev again

Sellers market means overpaying its basic economics if you live in Canada or USA .
Denying it says you dont understand how the world you live in works .
Plekanecs wasnt worth a 2nd and 2 AHL prospecs but we got it , Weise wasnt worth Danault but we got him and Romanov, and every 2-3 years it becomes a sellers market where MB makes his trades that work out long term .

Is Kovalchuk worth Mikkola and a Pick ? no
Will he get it from one of the 10 playoff teams seperated by 2-4 points including 6 in the west ? Absolutely .
Hanzal coming off injury got a 1st ,2nd and a AHL prospect because it was a Sellers market and he was the best possible Center available.

you'd have to have ignored every TDL for decades to not understand the impact of the TDL and the NHL Standings

First of all, we're not every team. We're the Blues, and the Blues rarely go for rentals. Plus, we are in a phase of reloading the farm system, so both our youth talent/high picks are extra valuable. Secondly, this is a buyer's market at least until some of the several similar forwards get moved. Finally, I didn't say you couldn't get a something for him, I said you wouldn't get it from the Blues. Ya know... a smart team. If they actually wanted him (they don't), they'd have signed him.
Feb. 1, 2020 at 3:43 p.m.
Billy739
Quoting: mokumboi
First of all, we're not every team. We're the Blues, and the Blues rarely go for rentals. Plus, we are in a phase of reloading the farm system, so both our youth talent/high picks are extra valuable. Secondly, this is a buyer's market at least until some of the several similar forwards get moved. Finally, I didn't say you couldn't get a something for him, I said you wouldn't get it from the Blues. Ya know... a smart team. If they actually wanted him (they don't), they'd have signed him.

its funny when the underdog pretends they were perennial contenders
TBL tried that approach last year because they were the leagues best team and felt confident .
they got swept and they were actually perennial contenders not Defending champs about to as you put it go through a changing of the guard

its not a Buyer market , if you understood the term you'd know this .
its why Hall wasnt given away and why Krieders not going to the first offer of value due to lack of offers . . .
Feb. 1, 2020 at 4:55 p.m.
mokumboi
its funny when the underdog pretends they were perennial contenders
TBL tried that approach last year because they were the leagues best team and felt confident .
they got swept and they were actually perennial contenders not Defending champs about to as you put it go through a changing of the guard

O_O

its not a Buyer market , if you understood the term you'd know this .

You think I simply don't understand the term? Seriously? The only buyer's market out there is for RD's. There's a gaggle of forwards available and not that many teams super eager to buy, and some of those have major cap issues.

its why Hall wasnt given away

Nobody said he was. Still, the Hall package was kinda underwhelming.

and why Krieders not going to the first offer of value due to lack of offers . . .

I never said they would or that there was.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll