Forums/Armchair-GM

If you want anymore ducks players this is what its gonna take

Created by: BuckoJoyde
Team: 2019-20 Anaheim Ducks
Initial Creation Date: Feb. 21, 2020
Published: Feb. 21, 2020
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Not saying this reasonable but what BM is gonna want. Ps Henrique and Silfverberg aren't gonna be traded. Unless a team is stupid. Not saying they are bad. In fact I rather keep them. But, they will not help with a playoff push and the term is kinda not looking good. No line up for this gm!!! We realistically won't have 4 1st round draft picks so don't @ me with that ISH. These are just the tough terms for these desperate teams. what y'all thinking?
Trades
ANA
  1. Bouchard, Evan
  2. 2020 1st round pick (EDM)
Additional Details:
Conditional depending on playoffs. Like if they don't make it will become 2021 1st.
ANA
  1. Byfuglien, Dustin
  2. 2020 1st round pick (WPG)
  3. 2021 2nd round pick (WPG)
  4. 2022 2nd round pick (WPG)
Additional Details:
Byfuglien 35% retention. WPG lacks prospects we need and any good prospects at that.
ANA
  1. 2020 2nd round pick (NYI)
  2. 2021 4th round pick (NYI)
Buyouts
Buried
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the NYI
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the NYI
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the ANA
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
23$81,500,000$71,119,785$0$2,182,500$10,380,215
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Anaheim Ducks
$1,541,000$1,541,000
LW, C, RW
UFA - 1
$8,250,000$8,250,000
C
NMC
UFA - 2
$1,498,925$1,498,925
LW
UFA - 2
$6,875,000$6,875,000
C, RW
NMC
UFA - 3
$5,250,000$5,250,000
RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 5
$863,333$863,333
LW, RW
RFA - 2
$1,456,250$1,456,250
LW, C
M-NTC
UFA - 5
$3,150,000$3,150,000
RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$950,000$950,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$1,133,333$1,133,333
C, RW
UFA - 2
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
RW
UFA - 1
$863,333$863,333
C, LW
RFA - 2
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$6,500,000$6,500,000
LD/RD
M-NTC
UFA - 7
$6,400,000$6,400,000
G
UFA - 8
$2,602,778$2,602,778
LD
UFA - 3
$4,000,000$4,000,000
RD
UFA - 2
$1,125,000$1,125,000 (Performance Bonus$1,200,000$1M)
G
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$894,166$894,166
LD
UFA - 1
$850,000$850,000
RD
UFA - 1
$750,000$750,000
LD
UFA - 1
$697,500$697,500 (Performance Bonus$132,500$132K)
LD
UFA - 1
Logo of the Edmonton Oilers
$894,167$894,167
RD
RFA - 4
Logo of the Winnipeg Jets
$7,600,000$7,600,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Feb. 22, 2020 at 1:05 a.m.
GM - Canucks
Quoting: AFOX10900
Getz isn't going anywhere most likely, by his choice, fill NTC and has publicly stated he doesn't want to chase a cup to end his career

Think you are probably right but you have to realize he is still only 34 years old and has 1 year left on his contract and may be open to move somewhere if he could do one last big money contract in the NHL. He might be a perfect player for the new Seattle franchise to obtain when he hits UFA.
Dan10900 liked this.
Feb. 22, 2020 at 1:18 a.m.
GM - Canucks
I've been saying this for months, and this Kase trade shows that A. GMBM is f*cking clueless at player evaluations, and B. He has no plan for the team, you don't trade Kase unless you're just selling everything in which case you sell your Rico's and your Silf's and your Getz's etc, but we're not doing that, and even if we were to do that, it's not nessicary, this team isn't that far away, and that loaded down with terrible contracts, nor are they stuck in the mediocrity of a Minnesota, we're bad enough on our own that we'll be able to fill one of our two main voids at the draft this summer (along with Zegras and Kase/Raks I wouldn't have been that worried about our long term forward group... Now this just places a lot more pressure on Raks to maintain his top line calibre play) then we'd be one or two pieces away from being a dark horse team, but GMBM is clueless

I think you are making some very accurate comments about your GM. I live on westcoast and my second favourite team is the Canucks and watch them play alot. I watched Gudbranson play when he was with the Canucks and soon realized that he is just too slow to keep up in the NHL and thought Benning made a great trade to offload him to Pittsburg for Pearson before his value dropped to nothing because he was probably minus 60 in playing for the Canucks over a few years. I found it then strange that Pittsburg then gave up on him in a short period later by trading him to the Ducks and have absolutely no idea why the Ducks and your GM would have added him to the team so no I also do not have alot of confidence in your GM.
Dan10900 liked this.
Feb. 22, 2020 at 1:21 a.m.
Lenny7
I've been saying this for months, and this Kase trade shows that A. GMBM is f*cking clueless at player evaluations, and B. He has no plan for the team, you don't trade Kase unless you're just selling everything in which case you sell your Rico's and your Silf's and your Getz's etc, but we're not doing that, and even if we were to do that, it's not nessicary, this team isn't that far away, and that loaded down with terrible contracts, nor are they stuck in the mediocrity of a Minnesota, we're bad enough on our own that we'll be able to fill one of our two main voids at the draft this summer (along with Zegras and Kase/Raks I wouldn't have been that worried about our long term forward group... Now this just places a lot more pressure on Raks to maintain his top line calibre play) then we'd be one or two pieces away from being a dark horse team, but GMBM is clueless

I honestly like the Kase trade. Fills a gaping hole in the RD prospect pool, adds a 1st in a very strong draft, and after the retention on backes, and if they buy him out, it’s actually a minuscule price to pay.

Loved Kase, but there are a ton of guys that can fill that role. I think he’s got more to offer, and am happy he won’t be playing much against the Ducks, but I disagree on the GMBM statement.
TMLSage and OldNYIfan liked this.
Feb. 22, 2020 at 1:37 a.m.
Quoting: Lenny7
I honestly like the Kase trade. Fills a gaping hole in the RD prospect pool, adds a 1st in a very strong draft, and after the retention on backes, and if they buy him out, it’s actually a minuscule price to pay.

Loved Kase, but there are a ton of guys that can fill that role. I think he’s got more to offer, and am happy he won’t be playing much against the Ducks, but I disagree on the GMBM statement.

Axel doesn't "fill a gaping hole" yes he's an RHD, yes we need those, but he's basically the RHD equivalent to Jacob Larsson, he's never gonna be more than a solid bottom pairing guy, not a guy you get excited for acquiring for a young top 6 forward, who from a roster/asset management wise made 0 sense to trade... This team desperately lacks Kase's talent, and you didn't get anyone to replace him...
Feb. 22, 2020 at 1:40 a.m.
Quoting: TMLSage
I think you are making some very accurate comments about your GM. I live on westcoast and my second favourite team is the Canucks and watch them play alot. I watched Gudbranson play when he was with the Canucks and soon realized that he is just too slow to keep up in the NHL and thought Benning made a great trade to offload him to Pittsburg for Pearson before his value dropped to nothing because he was probably minus 60 in playing for the Canucks over a few years. I found it then strange that Pittsburg then gave up on him in a short period later by trading him to the Ducks and have absolutely no idea why the Ducks and your GM would have added him to the team so no I also do not have alot of confidence in your GM.

As a PIT fan I can confirm he was not that bad in PIT, he was just a cap casualty bc there was no way to know that Marino would have been as elite as he has been, or that we were able to accrue like 50 mil in LTIR space throughout the year lol, ANA just picked him up bc it was the beginning of the year, you never do know how your team is gonna do, and he only cost a 7th, and the cap space is basically irrelevant, we have tons
Lenny7, TMLSage and OldNYIfan liked this.
Feb. 22, 2020 at 1:44 a.m.
GM - Canucks
As a PIT fan I can confirm he was not that bad in PIT, he was just a cap casualty bc there was no way to know that Marino would have been as elite as he has been, or that we were able to accrue like 50 mil in LTIR space throughout the year lol, ANA just picked him up bc it was the beginning of the year, you never do know how your team is gonna do, and he only cost a 7th, and the cap space is basically irrelevant, we have tons

I think the Ducks had some injury problems on defence and took a flyer on him. He is a good solid stay at home and rugged defenceman who fits better on a team that plays a slower highly physical game.
Dan10900 liked this.
Feb. 22, 2020 at 1:45 a.m.
Lenny7
Axel doesn't "fill a gaping hole" yes he's an RHD, yes we need those, but he's basically the RHD equivalent to Jacob Larsson, he's never gonna be more than a solid bottom pairing guy, not a guy you get excited for acquiring for a young top 6 forward, who from a roster/asset management wise made 0 sense to trade... This team desperately lacks Kase's talent, and you didn't get anyone to replace him...

But, they already have guys to replace him. It’s not like Kase was a 60 pt guy. He absolutely has upside, but he’s hasn’t hit it. There are so many young, high upside guys that are going to need ice time in the next year or two, I’m not even sure how Kase would have fit.

If you closed your eyes, and someone said “hey, I’ll trade you a 1st round pick in one of the best draft classes in a long time, plus a solid upside RD prospect, but we’re including a cap dump (who you can buy out for a very minimal price), for a 24 year old guy who’s career high is 38 and you removed the “we love Kase! Bias (I love Kase...), if you declined that trade, you’d be foolish.
Feb. 22, 2020 at 1:48 a.m.
Jah1722

The same was said about Pettersson. Everything I read on Axel says he’s a solid player but doesn’t do anything flashy. Skates well. Decent at zone exits, passing or carrying the puck. Needs to work on some things like all D prospects but should be an NHLer. That’s what teams want out of 2nd rounders. Ducks were never getting a stud prospect for Kase.

As for an earlier comment about player evaluations, across the league teams were split on Kase. Some quotes think the ducks did very well. Others think they just did okay. Kase has never had a healthy season. That’s part of the evaluation. He also does all the little things well but he hasn’t produced the actual numbers. Like an article I read earlier, he’s a bit of enigma.
Feb. 22, 2020 at 2:15 a.m.
Quoting: Lenny7
But, they already have guys to replace him. It’s not like Kase was a 60 pt guy. He absolutely has upside, but he’s hasn’t hit it. There are so many young, high upside guys that are going to need ice time in the next year or two, I’m not even sure how Kase would have fit.

If you closed your eyes, and someone said “hey, I’ll trade you a 1st round pick in one of the best draft classes in a long time, plus a solid upside RD prospect, but we’re including a cap dump (who you can buy out for a very minimal price), for a 24 year old guy who’s career high is 38 and you removed the “we love Kase! Bias (I love Kase...), if you declined that trade, you’d be foolish.

Low upside RD spec, plus Kase has shown better ability than every single prospect has potential except Zegras, he easily fits lmao (note he's not even my favorite duck, Terry Steel Lundestrom Raks Getz and Silf are all above him for forwards alone)
TMLSage liked this.
Feb. 22, 2020 at 2:16 a.m.
Quoting: Jah1722
The same was said about Pettersson. Everything I read on Axel says he’s a solid player but doesn’t do anything flashy. Skates well. Decent at zone exits, passing or carrying the puck. Needs to work on some things like all D prospects but should be an NHLer. That’s what teams want out of 2nd rounders. Ducks were never getting a stud prospect for Kase.

As for an earlier comment about player evaluations, across the league teams were split on Kase. Some quotes think the ducks did very well. Others think they just did okay. Kase has never had a healthy season. That’s part of the evaluation. He also does all the little things well but he hasn’t produced the actual numbers. Like an article I read earlier, he’s a bit of enigma.

Not saying he's a bad spec, just low upside, he's nowhere close to as good defensively as MP
TMLSage liked this.
Feb. 22, 2020 at 10:19 a.m.
I will be surprised if Holland would move Bouchard to add a winger like Rakell. I have said that Rakell would be a great addition to the Oiler line up, but imo, Bouchard is perceive more valuable. At this point of his career, he must be deemed untouchable.
Feb. 22, 2020 at 10:32 a.m.
The Jets (any team) would need to be completely stupid to make that trade. Big Buff has been an enigma this season. If he is fit to play, and still desires playing, then I think he will remain a Jet. He was granted personal leave, and Jets obliged him. He is still under contract which tells me he is still apart the Jets future. Perhaps this will get settled in the off season, and I think it won’t take a trade and surrendering draft picks to get it done. Buff and the Jets will amiably part and he will retire or he will be a training camp.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll