Forums/Armchair-GM

Something might be cooking in Guerins kitchen

Created by: TanSor
Team: 2019-20 Minnesota Wild
Initial Creation Date: Feb. 23, 2020
Published: Feb. 23, 2020
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Guerin called up Mayhew and Belpedio today in light of the Kunin and Soucy injuries. The report was that "Mayhew and Belpedio won't play tonight 'unless something happens' which may mean if #mnwild sit somebody as trade deadline precaution". Well, newest report is "AHL guys to start", so something must be happening.
Trades
MIN
    Likely Trocheck and an add
    MIN
      Guessing Guerin wants Necas but if there's a deal I highly doubt Necas is involved, so maybe something like Suzuki and Toronto's 1st with possibly an additional piece.
      CAR
        Brodin or Dumba
        Buyouts
        DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
        Logo of the MIN
        Logo of the PIT
        Logo of the MIN
        Logo of the MIN
        Logo of the MIN
        Logo of the MIN
        Logo of the MIN
        Logo of the MIN
        Logo of the MIN
        Logo of the MIN
        Logo of the MIN
        Logo of the MIN
        Logo of the MIN
        Logo of the MIN
        Logo of the MIN
        Logo of the MIN
        Logo of the MIN
        Logo of the MIN
        Logo of the MIN
        Logo of the MIN
        Logo of the MIN
        ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
        21$81,500,000$68,561,924$0$1,100,000$12,938,076
        Left WingCentreRight Wing
        Logo of the Minnesota Wild
        $7,538,462$7,538,462
        LW
        NMC
        UFA - 6
        $1,625,000$1,625,000
        C
        M-NTC
        UFA - 2
        $6,000,000$6,000,000
        RW, LW
        NMC
        UFA - 5
        $700,000$700,000
        C, RW
        UFA - 2
        $4,900,000$4,900,000
        LW, C, RW
        UFA - 1
        $3,000,000$3,000,000
        RW, LW
        UFA - 2
        $2,875,000$2,875,000
        RW, LW
        UFA - 2
        $1,487,500$1,487,500
        C
        UFA - 2
        $1,900,000$1,900,000
        LW, C, RW
        UFA - 2
        $916,666$916,666 (Performance Bonus$500,000$500K)
        LW, RW
        UFA - 1
        $5,500,000$5,500,000
        C
        NMC
        UFA - 1
        $1,900,000$1,900,000
        C, RW
        UFA - 2
        Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
        $7,538,462$7,538,462
        LD
        NMC
        UFA - 6
        $6,000,000$6,000,000
        RD
        UFA - 4
        $2,166,667$2,166,667
        G
        M-NTC
        UFA - 2
        $700,000$700,000
        RD
        UFA - 1
        $5,187,500$5,187,500
        RD
        NMC
        UFA - 1
        $785,000$785,000
        G
        UFA - 3
        $700,000$700,000
        LD/RD
        UFA - 2
        $2,250,000$2,250,000
        RD
        UFA - 2
        ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
        $2,000,000$2,000,000
        C
        UFA - 3
        $925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$600,000$600K)
        RW, C
        RFA - 1
        $750,000$750,000
        LD/RD
        UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
        • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
        Feb. 23, 2020 at 4:58 p.m.
        Quoting: nicetiety
        Man I think Necas is going to be really good. Intriguing player but I just don’t see how the canes could fit Brodin or dumba in since their top 4 is already so deep

Why couldn't they? When healthy, they are rolling with Slavin, Hamilton, Pesce, and Gardiner in their top 4 but Gardiner apparently has not fit in with their D core on the 2nd pairing. That's why they were after Brodin even before all the injuries. With the injuries, they basically have Slavin and Gardiner and Edmundson... Not exactly inspiring.
        OldNYIfan liked this.
        Once a Kings Fan Too
        Quoting: nicetiety
        Man I think Necas is going to be really good. Intriguing player but I just don’t see how the canes could fit Brodin or dumba in since their top 4 is already so deep

At least one of Hamilton and Pesce will be out until the playoffs, after which the cap disappears, so there is no cap consideration. Next year Carolina would have Slavin-Pesce and Brodin-Hamilton for an exceptional top 4, with one defensive star teamed with one offensive force in each pairing.

I have my fingers crossed because then Minnesota would get the #2C (soon to advance to #1) the Wild have always needed and Matthew Boldy might be ready, too.
        TanSor and OutCold13 liked this.
        Once a Kings Fan Too
        Quoting: TanSor
        Why couldn't they? When healthy, they are rolling with Slavin, Hamilton, Pesce, and Gardiner in their top 4 but Gardiner apparently has not fit in with their D core on the 2nd pairing. That's why they were after Brodin even before all the injuries. With the injuries, they basically have Slavin and Gardiner and Edmundson... Not exactly inspiring.

Beat me to it, as usual.
        TanSor liked this.
        Feb. 23, 2020 at 5:00 p.m.
        Quoting: OldNYIfan
        At least one of Hamilton and Pesce will be out until the playoffs, after which the cap disappears, so there is no cap consideration. Next year Carolina would have Slavin-Pesce and Brodin-Hamilton for an exceptional top 4, with one defensive star teamed with one offensive force in each pairing.

I have my fingers crossed because then Minnesota would get the #2C (soon to advance to #1) the Wild have always needed and Matthew Boldy might be ready, too.

Boldy has switched back to being a winger at BC and since then he has been torching the league. I think he's a winger in the NHL, unfortunately. Our only real center prospect is Khovanov but he projects to be more of a middle 6/2nd line guy than a first liner.
        OldNYIfan and OutCold13 liked this.
        Feb. 23, 2020 at 5:01 p.m.
        Beat me to it, as usual.

You added a good point about their D core being excellent next year, though. That D core is probably top 5 in the league, if not top 3, with Brodin. And of course they have tons of fire power up front with Aho, Svechnikov, Teravainen, etc.
        OldNYIfan and OutCold13 liked this.
        Feb. 23, 2020 at 5:07 p.m.
        Once a Kings Fan Too
        Boldy has switched back to being a winger at BC and since then he has been torching the league. I think he's a winger in the NHL, unfortunately. Our only real center prospect is Khovanov but he projects to be more of a middle 6/2nd line guy than a first liner.

Oh, I just assumed Boldy was going to play wing. I never thought of him as a center. My point was that with Necas, Boldy and Fiala, that's a pretty good start on a first-class top-6. I was hoping that Greenway would get there, too, but that doesn't seem so likely now.

That second first-round pick you guys have should be interesting this year. Since my direction has been on Anaheim's major problem, I've been looking at right-handed defensemen in this year's draft pool, and there are a few in particular who might come into play after #20. Do you think you'll go forward-forward or forward-defenseman? ('Cause there are some excellent lefties, too.) Aaah, it's probably too early to speculate. But what else do I have to look forward to between now and the lottery draws?
        TanSor liked this.
        Feb. 23, 2020 at 5:12 p.m.
        Once a Kings Fan Too
        You added a good point about their D core being excellent next year, though. That D core is probably top 5 in the league, if not top 3, with Brodin. And of course they have tons of fire power up front with Aho, Svechnikov, Teravainen, etc.

Plus Ryan Suzuki might soften the blow of losing Necas, and then they have that dark horse Luostarinen. Plus Bokk, but I think that like Boldy, he belongs at wing.
        TanSor liked this.
        Feb. 23, 2020 at 5:17 p.m.
        Quoting: Paul13
        I thought it was odd the Wild brought Belpedio up. I thought Menell was first man up. I assume that means Dumba is possibly moving?

Belpedio has more utility because he can play either RD or LD. Wild have Pateryn and Hunt (offhand) that play primary RD. There isn't much for LD in Iowa (Bartkowski) currently. Putting Seeler though waivers is looking like an even dumber move now.
        TanSor and OutCold13 liked this.
        Feb. 23, 2020 at 5:19 p.m.
        Oh, I just assumed Boldy was going to play wing. I never thought of him as a center. My point was that with Necas, Boldy and Fiala, that's a pretty good start on a first-class top-6. I was hoping that Greenway would get there, too, but that doesn't seem so likely now.

That second first-round pick you guys have should be interesting this year. Since my direction has been on Anaheim's major problem, I've been looking at right-handed defensemen in this year's draft pool, and there are a few in particular who might come into play after #20. Do you think you'll go forward-forward or forward-defenseman? ('Cause there are some excellent lefties, too.) Aaah, it's probably too early to speculate. But what else do I have to look forward to between now and the lottery draws?

Gotcha, I misunderstood. We have Kaprizov, too.

I think it has to be forward with the first pick, and hopefully a center, although I'm big believer in taking best player available and not drafting for need. I've been a huge fan of Stutzle since the summer, but it seems like his stock has skyrocketed and the only way we'd get him is if we luck into that 3rd overall pick. I may like him a little more than Byfield since he seems like more of a distributor than Byfield (thus fitting our needs more), but I do think Byfield will be the better player, of course, and I wouldn't complain one bit about getting either of them. That's a pipe dream, though. The only center I'm not a fan of is Lundell because we already have a ton of defensively minded centers (Kunin, Eriksson Ek. and Sturm) who would fill the same role that Lundell would. We need an offensive star. For the second pick, it seems like scouts are all over the board after picks 1-12 or so. I wouldn't mind grabbing another center, but if it's a defender it should probably be a LD. Poirier is pretty much the only D I know much about, but I've read a little about Wallinder and Guhle. I guess this doesn't really answer your question, but I'm hoping for either center-LD or center-center.
        OldNYIfan liked this.
        Feb. 23, 2020 at 5:35 p.m.

Barring a top-5 pick; Lundell and Guhle are the players I'm looking for in the draft.
        OldNYIfan liked this.
        Feb. 23, 2020 at 5:38 p.m.
        Once a Kings Fan Too
        Quoting: wabit
        Barring a top-5 pick; Lundell and Guhle are the players I'm looking for in the draft.

Wallinder and Poirier are possibles, as are Schneider, Barron, Grans and Niemola.
        Feb. 23, 2020 at 10:33 p.m.
        Quoting: MaxDomi13
        Why is Koivu on the fourth line

Because he isn't good

To create a post please Login or Register
        Question:
        Options:
        Add Option
        Submit Poll