Logo of the Tampa Bay Lightning
$1,250,000$1,250,000
RD
UFA - 3
$700,000$700,000
G
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$500,000$500K)
RD
RFA - 1
$750,000$750,000
LD
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$700,000$700,000
RW, RD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Apr. 12, 2020 at 10:54 a.m.
Banned
Ottawa says hell no, Neither Gourde nor Johnson are waiving. Pietrangelo is a pipedream that Tampa can't afford.
Apr. 12, 2020 at 10:55 a.m.
Banned
This is a pretty deep draft so they probably say no.
Apr. 12, 2020 at 10:56 a.m.
Jimmy Stu
Unless the sens are getting back a glaring need, a young 1st line Centre, or top 2 RHD, I just don't see them making a trade like that with SJs pick
Apr. 12, 2020 at 11:01 a.m.
HABS
Quoting: CMac66
Unless the sens are getting back a glaring need, a young 1st line Centre, or top 2 RHD, I just don't see them making a trade like that with SJs pick

Sergachev can play RHD . Anthony Cirelli is a young 2nd line center. Ottawa uses their pick to draft Quiton Byfield as their 1st Center. They also need to reach minimum cap space rather then getting bad contract.
Apr. 12, 2020 at 11:03 a.m.
KFTW
Quoting: Jdmdnddx
Sergachev can play RHD . Anthony Cirelli is a young 2nd line center. Ottawa uses their pick to draft Quiton Byfield as their 1st Center. They also need to reach minimum cap space rather then getting bad contract.

I agree this is probably close to fair but for Ottawa they shouldn’t be raising their team salary this quick. Keeping the picks, helps them compete longer
MisstheWhalers liked this.
Apr. 12, 2020 at 11:33 a.m.
MisstheWhalers
Quoting: DiehardRedWingsFan58
Ottawa says hell no, Neither Gourde nor Johnson are waiving. Pietrangelo is a pipedream that Tampa can't afford.

Those two might waive for those locations, Montreal and SJ are pretty logical destinations for Gourde and Johnson, not sure if the Sharks would have the cap space for Johnson though and if they do would they really want to use it on Johnson, probably not.
Apr. 12, 2020 at 12:08 p.m.
Quoting: MisstheWhalers
Those two might waive for those locations, Montreal and SJ are pretty logical destinations for Gourde and Johnson, not sure if the Sharks would have the cap space for Johnson though and if they do would they really want to use it on Johnson, probably not.

I refuse to even listen to Ottawa fans in this site they overvalue everything they have which is odd given how bad a team they have!!!
San Jose should accept that trade as Johnson would fill a top 6 roll on the cheap But I’d be shocked Tampa give up cheap quality player.
Apr. 12, 2020 at 12:17 p.m.
Quoting: Rob32sjsharks
I refuse to even listen to Ottawa fans in this site they overvalue everything they have which is odd given how bad a team they have!!!
San Jose should accept that trade as Johnson would fill a top 6 roll on the cheap But I’d be shocked Tampa give up cheap quality player.

Were not overvaluing the players, were having a realistic view of what our team looks like moving forward. Sergachev is amazing, but hes another top 4 LHD. We already have 2.
"Oh he can play on the right hand side"... We'll Brannstrom can as well, on top of the fact that we already have 2 1st round RHD in our system.

Cirelli is amazing, but we already have a metric ****ton of C depth (Brown, Nossi, Pinto + Byfield/Rossi/Perfetti)

Basically both players are great, but the picks are also amazing. With a price that high, and the fit not *perfect* Ottawa does not have a reason to make those trades. Will Cirelli and Sergachev fix this team instantly? No. Then keep faith in the process. We have just started the rebuild.

Id rather just offer sheet one of them
Apr. 12, 2020 at 12:18 p.m.
BootBoi
Sens should do those trades!
They're loaded with picks, Cirelli&Sergachev are totally worth 2 1sts!
Well done..-~
Apr. 12, 2020 at 12:30 p.m.
Quoting: PLDGEY
Were not overvaluing the players, were having a realistic view of what our team looks like moving forward. Sergachev is amazing, but hes another top 4 LHD. We already have 2.
"Oh he can play on the right hand side"... We'll Brannstrom can as well, on top of the fact that we already have 2 1st round RHD in our system.

Cirelli is amazing, but we already have a metric ****ton of C depth (Brown, Nossi, Pinto + Byfield/Rossi/Perfetti)

Basically both players are great, but the picks are also amazing. With a price that high, and the fit not *perfect* Ottawa does not have a reason to make those trades. Will Cirelli and Sergachev fix this team instantly? No. Then keep faith in the process. We have just started the rebuild.

You are the first reasonable and logical Ottawa fan I’ve talked to on here! Your discussion is valid but I do feel you need a few prime players to mentor your kids ( and rehab Ryan ain’t a good choice) a few elder statesman would Benefit your team, ideal would be ones not over the hill that could compete.
PLDGEY liked this.
Apr. 12, 2020 at 12:57 p.m.
Quoting: Rob32sjsharks
You are the first reasonable and logical Ottawa fan I’ve talked to on here! Your discussion is valid but I do feel you need a few prime players to mentor your kids ( and rehab Ryan ain’t a good choice) a few elder statesman would Benefit your team, ideal would be ones not over the hill that could compete.

I actually think that Rehab Ryan is a better choice than most. He has dealt with both the highs of being a #2OA and signing a huge contract, and he has dealt with rock bottom. Hes the kind of guy who can really help Laf/Byfield+Tkachuk avoid the pitfalls he fell into.

I agree though, we cant have 100% young guns. We need some older adult/complete players to calm the choppy water a bit.
Apr. 12, 2020 at 1:12 p.m.
Go Bolts!!!

I just want to say that a lot of people are sleeping on Sergachev. He outplayed Hedman the last month of season and was averaging 25 minutes a night. He is more then a top 4 LD. He is about to be 1B to Hedman's 1A. It would not shock me in the least if the Lightning would move on from McDonagh in a CBO or trade if they need cap space since they have Sergachev. Being in Hedman's shadow was the best thing to happen to him, allowed him to grow his game without being forced into anything.

To this thread Cirelli and Sergachev are great young players and the deal is fair for futures but I think Ottawa would be better off keeping the picks and growing into a contender and the Lightning would do everything to keep them as they continue to contend during the Stamkos/Hedman era. No way they can go for Pietrangelo that is a pipe dream and they would have to destroy much of their team to make it happen.
Apr. 12, 2020 at 3:09 p.m.
HABS

You still have OTT 1st round pick to go for a Top 5 pick with Byfield Rossi Perfetti or even Lafreniere ... Ottawa is still rebuilding but they can be a pretty good team for next year with Tkachuk Chabot Sergachev Cirelli.....
Tampa in the other hand can go also with a Top 5 pick Jamie Drysdale. Hendrix Lapierre can be drafted as a high risk high reward..... at the same time they save cap space for now.
Gourde and Johnson are traded to make cap space for Pietrangelo if he isn’t signed they can sign a cheeper RD who will unfortunately not be as good as Pietrangelo.....
Apr. 12, 2020 at 4:14 p.m.
Jimmy Stu

You still have OTT 1st round pick to go for a Top 5 pick with Byfield Rossi Perfetti or even Lafreniere ... Ottawa is still rebuilding but they can be a pretty good team for next year with Tkachuk Chabot Sergachev Cirelli.....
Tampa in the other hand can go also with a Top 5 pick Jamie Drysdale. Hendrix Lapierre can be drafted as a high risk high reward..... at the same time they save cap space for now.
Gourde and Johnson are traded to make cap space for Pietrangelo if he isn’t signed they can sign a cheeper RD who will unfortunately not be as good as Pietrangelo.....

The cap floor will not be an issue, especially if the cap stays the same. That's a common justification for Sens trades but it's just not true. They already have Brannstrom as a LHD that plays the right side. One is fine, two is overkill imo. I'd rather them just draft Drysdale and see how he turns out and a forward at 16. I'm not saying that Sergachev and Cirelli aren't good players. I like them, But given the cost, I think they get other quality NHL ready players for less of a price.

I would like to point out that you said Sergachev could play the right side for Ottawa, but after you make your trades you sign Pietrangelo because you want a RHD. He is older, and will be more expensive than Sergachev long term. Why not just trade 2 of Johnson, Gourde and Killorn. Keep Cirelli because of how good of a two way centre he is.
athrin liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll