Draft Class: 2020
Created By: Samick91
Published: Apr. 23, 2020 at 3:45 p.m.
Lottery Winners:
  1. Logo of the Ottawa SenatorsOttawa Senators
  2. Logo of the Detroit Red WingsDetroit Red Wings
  3. Logo of the Anaheim DucksAnaheim Ducks
ROUND 1TEAMORIGINALPLAYERDETAILS
1Logo of the Ottawa Senators-Ottawa trade their second for the first pick overall and something else to Detroit.
2Logo of the Detroit Red Wings-Detroit got the first pick with the lottery but they trade it to Ottawa for the second because Yzerman want Stützle.
3Logo of the Anaheim Ducks-Byfield replace Getzlaf for the future, easy pick here.
4Logo of the Ottawa SenatorsLogo of the San Jose SharksBetter defenceman available, it depends if Ottawa want him or the best forward available. (Lucas Raymond)
5Logo of the Los Angeles Kings-Surprise! Franchise goalie for the Kings. But they will take Drysdale if Ottawa pick Raymond. They need a defenceman but Askarov is a better pick than Sanderson here.
6Logo of the New Jersey Devils-Sniper for the Devils, perfect fit to play with Hughes or Hischier.
7Logo of the Buffalo Sabres-Easy pick if he still there at this position. Perfetti can be a good option if Ottawa take Raymond.
8Logo of the Montreal Canadiens-Best player avalaible, Montreal need to pick a forward because attack is the key of winning, Sanderson is only the second option.
9Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks-To rebuild their future franchise they will need a good center line and Lundell is the best center available. Dach and Lundell would be great for the organization. I also have a feeling they will get the first pick overall.
10Logo of the New Jersey DevilsLogo of the Arizona CoyotesBest defenceman available but can be take before by Montreal, Los Angeles or Chicago.
11Logo of the Minnesota Wild-Easy pick here but can be in the top 10, Perfetti is a really good player. If Askarov is available they will take him.
12Logo of the Vancouver Canucks-Best winger available, perfect to play with Horvat or Pettersson, but they need to watch his attitude. Connor Zary can be another option.
13Logo of the Nashville Predators-They have enough centerfor the moment and their defence still young.
14Logo of the Florida Panthers-Easiest pick of the draft. Panthers will stole the best scorer of the draft. Their attack will be hard to play against.
15Logo of the Calgary Flames-Schneider is a better player than we think. He is the best defenceman available at this point.
16Logo of the New York Rangers-Good center for the Rangers.
17Logo of the Winnipeg Jets-Perfect fit for the Winnipeg Jets here. They need to focus on rebuild their defence.
18Logo of the Ottawa SenatorsLogo of the New York IslandersGood pick to complete the center line and Orion loves player from the QMJHL.
19Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets-They need a center and Zary is the best player for them here. If Vancouver take him at 12, Gunler can be a great option to fit with Tortorella.
20Logo of the Carolina HurricanesLogo of the Toronto Maple LeafsThey will always pick a forward in the first round so Amirov is a great choice for this organization.
21Logo of the New York RangersLogo of the Carolina Hurricanes
22Logo of the Dallas Stars-
23Logo of the Edmonton Oilers-
24Logo of the Vegas Golden Knights-
25Logo of the Minnesota WildLogo of the Pittsburgh Penguins
26Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers-
27Logo of the Washington Capitals-
28Logo of the San Jose SharksLogo of the Tampa Bay Lightning
29Logo of the Colorado Avalanche-
30Logo of the St. Louis Blues-
31Logo of the Anaheim DucksLogo of the Boston Bruins
Apr. 23, 2020 at 3:53 p.m.
would probably throw my TV out the window if NJ took Sanderson over Perfetti
trentbarney liked this.
Apr. 23, 2020 at 4:03 p.m.
Even if Askarov were available I think the Wild pass. We have Kahkonen and Jones in the system who both look really good, not to mention Robson had a solid year in the AHL. We have a far bigger need for talented forwards. Perfetti is a great pick for us if he fell. It would be tough between him and Quinn, but we might opt for the player with experience at center.
Apr. 23, 2020 at 4:07 p.m.
Samick91
Everything can happen. Sometimes they make bad picks and we always forget that they are just kids and nothing is sure at 100% with them. Maybe they are all flops we never know. But I understand what you talking about ahah.
Apr. 23, 2020 at 4:10 p.m.
Banned
On what planet would Detroit move #1 for #2 It would cost both Ottawa's #2 and Ottawa's #4 to get Detroit to deal the #1 pick even Yzerman isn't stupid enough to deal Lafreniere for Stutzle. Stutzle+Drysale=Lafreniere.
aedoran liked this.
Apr. 23, 2020 at 4:18 p.m.
Samick91
On hockey planet and thats not my idea I just read it from some experts and I tought that was a good idea
Apr. 23, 2020 at 4:54 p.m.
Quoting: DiehardRedWingsFan58
On what planet would Detroit move #1 for #2 It would cost both Ottawa's #2 and Ottawa's #4 to get Detroit to deal the #1 pick even Yzerman isn't stupid enough to deal Lafreniere for Stutzle. Stutzle+Drysale=Lafreniere.

I'll take 2+4 over 1 every day. Laf is definitely the guy, but Byfield is right behind him. Not a chance you trade another top 5 pick to get Lafreniere. Byfield+ Stutzle/Raymond/Rossi/Drysdale is way better value than just one Lafreniere.
Samick91 and aedoran liked this.
Apr. 23, 2020 at 5:00 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: Claesson4Norris
I'll take 2+4 over 1 every day. Laf is definitely the guy, but Byfield is right behind him. Not a chance you trade another top 5 pick to get Lafreniere. Byfield+ Stutzle/Raymond/Rossi/Drysdale is way better value than just one Lafreniere.

Oh i agree if Detroit had the #1 pick and Ottawa had #2 and #4 I'd trade #1 for #2 and #4 take Byfield+one of Stutzle/Raymond/Rossi/Drysdale over Lafreniere. As much as i would love to have Lafreniere the other 2 pieces in the deal make us far better plus spring our rebuild ahead substantially.
aedoran liked this.
Apr. 23, 2020 at 5:00 p.m.
Banned

Oh i agree if Detroit had the #1 pick and Ottawa had #2 and #4 I'd trade #1 for #2 and #4 take Byfield+one of Stutzle/Raymond/Rossi/Drysdale over Lafreniere. As much as i would love to have Lafreniere the other 2 pieces in the deal make us far better plus spring our rebuild ahead substantially.
Apr. 23, 2020 at 5:11 p.m.

No chance Ottawa would do that though.
Samick91 and aedoran liked this.
Apr. 23, 2020 at 5:15 p.m.
Banned
No chance Ottawa would do that though.

Yeah well this scenario isn't realistic either, Because Yzerman isn't stupid to give up on a 90-100 point franchise player in Alexis Lafreniere to go down to #2 to take Tim Stutzle Detroit needs high end impact type franchise players like Lafreniere sorry Stutzle doesn't move the needle compared to Lafreniere.
aedoran liked this.
Apr. 24, 2020 at 12:00 a.m.

I agree to get the #1OA it would take Ottawa's 1st and SJS's 1st.

Quoting: Samick91
On hockey planet and thats not my idea I just read it from some experts and I tought that was a good idea

Do you have a link to the article you read or do these experts have names?
Apr. 24, 2020 at 1:01 p.m.
Samick91

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll