Forums/Armchair-GM

Matt Duchene - Finalize Roster

Created by: Fanatical
Team: 2016-17 Vancouver Canucks
Initial Creation Date: Aug. 23, 2016
Published: Aug. 23, 2016
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Colorado has 1.5m in cap space, needs a shake-up (according to Roy), low salaries to fill out there roster.
Trades
COL
  1. Hansen, Jannik
  2. Sbisa, Luca ($700,000 retained)
  3. 2017 1st round pick (VAN)
Additional Details:
Canucks can choose a 1st round pick over the next 3 seasons.
Buyouts
Retained Salary Transactions
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the VAN
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
22$73,000,000$70,496,250$315,000$1,862,500$2,503,750

Roster

Left WingCentreRight Wing
$7,000,000$7,000,000
LW
NMC
UFA - 2
$7,000,000$7,000,000
C
NMC
UFA - 2
$4,375,000$4,375,000
RW, C
NTC
UFA - 5
$6,000,000$6,000,000
RW, C
UFA - 3
$894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
C
UFA - 1
$6,000,000$6,000,000
LW, RW
NMC
UFA - 6
$1,850,000$1,850,000
LW
UFA - 2
$900,000$900,000
RW, LW, C
UFA - 2
$894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
RW, LW
UFA - 2
$4,500,000$4,500,000
RW, LW
NTC
UFA - 1
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$162,500$162K)
LW, C
UFA - 1
$775,000$775,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$2,650,000$2,650,000
RW
UFA - 3
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$5,000,000$5,000,000
LD
NTC
UFA - 3
$4,450,000$4,450,000
RD
UFA - 4
$6,000,000$6,000,000
G
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$3,500,000$3,500,000
RD
UFA - 1
$1,550,000$1,550,000
G
UFA - 1
$896,250$896,250
LD
UFA - 1
$1,025,000$1,025,000
D
UFA - 1
$800,000$800,000
LD
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000
LD
RFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Aug. 23, 2016 at 2:03 p.m.
Banned
Why would the Avs want Canuck cast offs for one of their best players?
Aug. 23, 2016 at 2:06 p.m.
Quoting: DirtyDangles

How is Hansen a cast off? 22g at 2.5m a season signed for 2 more years? The Avs are top heavy with no depth, toughness or role players. Sbisa would be the Avs 4th or 5th best defencemen right now.
Aug. 23, 2016 at 2:13 p.m.
Quoting: Fanatical

How is Hansen a cast off? 22g at 2.5m a season signed for 2 more years? The Avs are top heavy with no depth, toughness or role players. Sbisa would be the Avs 4th or 5th best defencemen right now.

Would you trade Duchene and Weircoch for those 3 pieces?
Aug. 23, 2016 at 2:14 p.m.
hahaha this is garbage, so bad. Wiercioch alone is better than that plug Sbisa. Delete this roster its so bad
Aug. 23, 2016 at 2:15 p.m.

do you actually know their roster? Clearly you dont and are just making up crap off the top of your head. Why would they trade 2 better players than the ones you are giving up when you say they have no depth...how do taking 2 worse positional players give them better depth. Avs need a shake up according to Roy...did you really just type that, do you realize he is no longer with the organization?

Wow you stink at trades, -8 stars
Aug. 23, 2016 at 2:26 p.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Roy was right, the Avs do need a shake up. First good step, Roy leaving.
Aug. 23, 2016 at 2:28 p.m.
Quoting: coga16

do you actually know their roster? Clearly you dont and are just making up crap off the top of your head. Why would they trade 2 better players than the ones you are giving up when you say they have no depth...how do taking 2 worse positional players give them better depth. Avs need a shake up according to Roy...did you really just type that, do you realize he is no longer with the organization?

While agree wholeheartedly with you Coga, this trade is all kinds of not fair, I do see how calling Hansen a castoff is unfair. The guy is a very decent player.
Aug. 23, 2016 at 2:42 p.m.
Quoting: F50marco

While agree wholeheartedly with you Coga, this trade is all kinds of not fair, I do see how calling Hansen a castoff is unfair. The guy is a very decent player.

Hes not bad, but he isnt better than Duchene to give them better "depth"...its just a banana land rationale that he has, calling him out on it, yet still fighting that its a good idea. If Hansen is so great then why would you trade for duchene.
Aug. 23, 2016 at 2:44 p.m.

Hes not bad, but he isnt better than Duchene to give them better "depth"...its just a banana land rationale that he has, calling him out on it, yet still fighting that its a good idea. If Hansen is so great then why would you trade for duchene.

Not the point. I absolutely agree with you regarding the trade. Its the putting down of Hansen for no reason that i can see as being unfair. That's all.
Aug. 23, 2016 at 3:06 p.m.

Not the point. I absolutely agree with you regarding the trade. Its the putting down of Hansen for no reason that i can see as being unfair. That's all.

What is the value of Duchene is my question. He has been a ~60 point player his entire career (with the exception of one season), gets paid $6 million a year and has a negative +/- which is bad news for a center. Is Duchene a better player then Sbisa and Hansen, yes, no question. But the sum of the parts in my mind make sense for the Avs. A 1st, top 6 forward and top 5 d-man for a top 3 forward and bottom paring (at best) d-man.
Aug. 23, 2016 at 4:14 p.m.

What is the value of Duchene is my question. He has been a ~60 point player his entire career (with the exception of one season), gets paid $6 million a year and has a negative +/- which is bad news for a center. Is Duchene a better player then Sbisa and Hansen, yes, no question. But the sum of the parts in my mind make sense for the Avs. A 1st, top 6 forward and top 5 d-man for a top 3 forward and bottom paring (at best) d-man.

Hahah Top 5dman..there is no such term. He is a bottom pairing Dman who has some of the worst shot suppression stats in the league with a terrible cap hit. He has little to no value in a trade for a marquee player. Thats why I said Weircoich has more value than Sbisa, who is a bottom pairing Dman with a cheap cap hit and has good shot suppression numbers/ability to move the puck.

Duchene is worth more than a 1st round pick and a 30 year old 2nd line player. Seriously dude, you are talking about a 30 year old 2nd line player like he is some young stud...hes not someone you could potentially still be producing at a high pace for a decade like Duchene. And get out of here with +/-...that is one of the most useless stats to be quoting in today game, no one takes value in +/- when it comes to player assesment. Look at his Shot Generation, possession stats before you start tossing out +/-

Duchene is 25 years old, a marquee player (hes not on Team canada teams for nothing). Would you trade someone like Bo Horvat for a draft pick and a Top 9 player?
Aug. 23, 2016 at 5:18 p.m.

Maybe that's how you rationale players value but i can tell you that is not the real world we live in. In terms of evaluating player value, 4 quarters does not equal 1 dollar. Or in other terms, two 15 goalscorers does not equal one 30 goal scorer.

Use this motto:
The better the quality of player you trying to get, the better the quality you have to give in return and the less quantity is needed. I don't want 5 useful players, i want one really good player.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll