$3,500,000$3,500,000
G
UFA - 3
Logo of the Pittsburgh Penguins
$4,025,175$4,025,175
LD
UFA - 5
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
RD
UFA - 1
$1,250,000$1,250,000
G
UFA - 2
Logo of the Arizona Coyotes
$3,937,500$3,937,500
RD
UFA - 1
$1,000,000$1,000,000
LD
UFA - 2
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$1,000,000$1,000,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$700,000$700,000
RW, C, LW
UFA - 2
$700,000$700,000
RD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jul. 24, 2020 at 2:19 p.m.
You can probably get Daddy for just Bjug.
Jul. 24, 2020 at 2:27 p.m.
All-Team Pylon
Quoting: crankshaft
You can probably get Daddy for just Bjug.

Fair enough, view Rodrigues as trade insurance for Arizona in case he can't stay healthy as opposed to including a pick
Jul. 24, 2020 at 2:46 p.m.
Murray, Johnson for Gustavsson, 2nd

No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no...

No.

Once for each time that you have suggested this trade.
Jul. 24, 2020 at 2:50 p.m.
gregb569
Quoting: Yojimbo
Murray, Johnson for Gustavsson, 2nd

No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no...

No.

Once for each time that you have suggested this trade.

Lets see your proposed trades ohhhhh wait! You're scared of the criticism you'd face for your lack of hockey knowledge smile
Jul. 24, 2020 at 3:47 p.m.
Caps fan idk why
Quoting: gregb569
Lets see your proposed trades ohhhhh wait! You're scared of the criticism you'd face for your lack of hockey knowledge smile

this is a good trade for just Murray but you cant throw in a terrible contract and pretend that it doesn't cost anything extra to dump.
TCMonkey and FunMustBeAlways liked this.
Jul. 24, 2020 at 11:31 p.m.
All-Team Pylon
Quoting: Capitalfail67
this is a good trade for just Murray but you cant throw in a terrible contract and pretend that it doesn't cost anything extra to dump.

Murray is worth significantly more than Gus and a 2nd on his own. Gus would be worth more to the Pens than any other organization (they drafted him) and I still don’t think they’d assign more than a 4th round value to him after two tough seasons
Jul. 25, 2020 at 11:46 a.m.
Caps fan idk why
Quoting: Marino4Norris
Murray is worth significantly more than Gus and a 2nd on his own. Gus would be worth more to the Pens than any other organization (they drafted him) and I still don’t think they’d assign more than a 4th round value to him after two tough seasons

Explain why you think Murray value is worth significantly more than a high 2nd and a solid prospect? He had a terrible season and he’s not young. Common sense tells you that trading a player after a down year is stupid so why not trade Jarry bc his value is high. He’s not the better goalie and atm his value is high bc he played well for 2 months.
Jul. 25, 2020 at 1:32 p.m.
All-Team Pylon
Explain why you think Murray value is worth significantly more than a high 2nd and a solid prospect? He had a terrible season and he’s not young. Common sense tells you that trading a player after a down year is stupid so why not trade Jarry bc his value is high. He’s not the better goalie and atm his value is high bc he played well for 2 months.

Grubauer/Schneider/Jones trades. Can you name a goalie that got less?
Jul. 25, 2020 at 1:38 p.m.
Caps fan idk why
Grubauer/Schneider/Jones trades. Can you name a goalie that got less?

Grub was coming off a career year? Murray wasnt.... Grub took Holtbys job Murray "lost" his to Jarry. capitals got a 2nd for him and dumped orpik. but the original trade was 2nd and a prospect for Grub they swapped the prospect out for Orpik

exact trade.... proposed. however you feel his value isnt "significantly higher" at best its slightly off
Jul. 25, 2020 at 1:42 p.m.
All-Team Pylon
Grub was coming off a career year? Murray wasnt.... Grub took Holtbys job Murray "lost" his to Jarry. capitals got a 2nd for him and dumped orpik. but the original trade was 2nd and a prospect for Grub they swapped the prospect out for Orpik

And despite that career year for Grub, Murray has better stats over his career and in the playoffs (including his poor year this year). Grub also had to move before expansion, and still netted a value of two 2nds (I value dumping Orpik at a 2nd). So by all objective statistics, Murray should be worth more than Grubauer and get a return more in line with Andersen (late 1st and a 2nd). I value dumping JJ for Gustavsson as equivalent to a late 1st round pick.
Jul. 25, 2020 at 1:46 p.m.
Caps fan idk why
And despite that career year for Grub, Murray has better stats over his career and in the playoffs (including his poor year this year). Grub also had to move before expansion, and still netted a value of two 2nds (I value dumping Orpik at a 2nd). So by all objective statistics, Murray should be worth more than Grubauer and get a return more in line with Andersen (late 1st and a 2nd). I value dumping JJ for Gustavsson as equivalent to a late 1st round pick.

he was movedthe year after the expansion draft? caps beat vegas for the cup? no Murray value isnt that high he hasnt been the "cup winning caliber" goalie that teams need him to be. lets make logical sense of this. if he has great value or if hes still considered to be that same guy why are you trading him and keeping an unproven goalie like JArry. Murrays stats are better than his also besides this year...... common sense tells us 1) Murrays best days are behind him OR b) that the penguins have lost confidence in his ability to bounce back.... its been reported that he got lit up during the team scrimmage already
Jul. 25, 2020 at 1:59 p.m.
All-Team Pylon
he was movedthe year after the expansion draft? caps beat vegas for the cup? no Murray value isnt that high he hasnt been the "cup winning caliber" goalie that teams need him to be. lets make logical sense of this. if he has great value or if hes still considered to be that same guy why are you trading him and keeping an unproven goalie like JArry. Murrays stats are better than his also besides this year...... common sense tells us 1) Murrays best days are behind him OR b) that the penguins have lost confidence in his ability to bounce back.... its been reported that he got lit up during the team scrimmage already

Yeah I was off on timing, my bad. Murray had one scrimmage that was meh because he was playing against our top two lines. But he’s been fine since and there’s a reason he’ll play game one. Main motivation for moving him is cap flexibility, not sure anyone in the org has any doubt that he’ll bounce back
Jul. 25, 2020 at 2:16 p.m.
Caps fan idk why
Yeah I was off on timing, my bad. Murray had one scrimmage that was meh because he was playing against our top two lines. But he’s been fine since and there’s a reason he’ll play game one. Main motivation for moving him is cap flexibility, not sure anyone in the org has any doubt that he’ll bounce back

trade "Jugs" that will free up a ton of space. lets say Murray cost 4.5m and Jarry signs a 1 year show me deal at 2.5m thats still cheaper than most goalie tandems in the NHL. lets Seattle take one or the other at the end of next season
Jul. 25, 2020 at 2:18 p.m.
All-Team Pylon
trade "Jugs" that will free up a ton of space. lets say Murray cost 4.5m and Jarry signs a 1 year show me deal at 2.5m thats still cheaper than most goalie tandems in the NHL. lets Seattle take one or the other at the end of next season

It’s honestly not worth arguing over until after the playoffs, the decision becomes a lot clearer if Murray takes them on a run. I do doubt they keep both as DeSmith is a capable backup
Capitalfail67 liked this.
Jul. 25, 2020 at 2:22 p.m.
Caps fan idk why
It’s honestly not worth arguing over until after the playoffs, the decision becomes a lot clearer if Murray takes them on a run. I do doubt they keep both as DeSmith is a capable backup

best logic ive heard so far
Jul. 27, 2020 at 5:37 a.m.
gregb569

Murray for a 2nd and ****ty prospect who posted below .900 save % in the AHL is not a fair trade, even factoring in JJ
Jul. 27, 2020 at 11:16 a.m.
Caps fan idk why
Murray for a 2nd and ****ty prospect who posted below .900 save % in the AHL is not a fair trade, even factoring in JJ

and what has murray done since winning his last Cup.....i mean he had a bad year and his main selling point from penguins fans "2 cups" hes 6-10 his last 16 playoffs games.... hes not the definitive starter for the penguins.... also AHL stats mean little look at Samsonov and Hart AHL stats. silly to think you will get Max value for a player in a down year
Jul. 27, 2020 at 11:19 a.m.
gregb569
and what has murray done since winning his last Cup.....i mean he had a bad year and his main selling point from penguins fans "2 cups" hes 6-10 his last 16 playoffs games.... hes not the definitive starter for the penguins.... also AHL stats mean little look at Samsonov and Hart AHL stats. silly to think you will get Max value for a player in a down year

I'm not saying we get max value for him, all I'm saying is I think we can get a better return than that.

Getting a G prospect back means little to nothing to PIT.. we have a very cheap backup (DeSmith) signed for 2 more years and Murray/Jarry are young. In 2+ years time if we don't resign DeSmith, we can look into FA to get a backup.. If we're trading 1 of our goalies it's not for a prospect IMO
Jul. 27, 2020 at 11:36 a.m.
Caps fan idk why
I'm not saying we get max value for him, all I'm saying is I think we can get a better return than that.

Getting a G prospect back means little to nothing to PIT.. we have a very cheap backup (DeSmith) signed for 2 more years and Murray/Jarry are young. In 2+ years time if we don't resign DeSmith, we can look into FA to get a backup.. If we're trading 1 of our goalies it's not for a prospect IMO

penguins have one of the worse prospect pools in the NHL... think they should maybe try to get some prospects.... Jarry isnt young either maybe a solid G prospect wouldnt hurt. how many years in a row have they traded away 1st round picks itll catch up to them eventually. that and trading top prospects away
Jul. 27, 2020 at 11:48 a.m.
gregb569
penguins have one of the worse prospect pools in the NHL... think they should maybe try to get some prospects.... Jarry isnt young either maybe a solid G prospect wouldnt hurt. how many years in a row have they traded away 1st round picks itll catch up to them eventually. that and trading top prospects away

Jarry just turned 25? That's pretty young lol.

Trading 1sts and prospects is fine with me, the results have been great (2 cups). We have I'd say a 4 year window where we can realistically compete for the cup. Idgaf how many 1sts/top prospects they trade away as long as we win.

There's obviously going to be a rebuild/retool and then we can worry about stockpiling picks/prospects.. I'd rather go all out and leave nothing on the table rather than say what if we trade X Y Z for a rental to put us over the top etc.
Jul. 27, 2020 at 12:56 p.m.
Caps fan idk why
Jarry just turned 25? That's pretty young lol.

Trading 1sts and prospects is fine with me, the results have been great (2 cups). We have I'd say a 4 year window where we can realistically compete for the cup. Idgaf how many 1sts/top prospects they trade away as long as we win.

There's obviously going to be a rebuild/retool and then we can worry about stockpiling picks/prospects.. I'd rather go all out and leave nothing on the table rather than say what if we trade X Y Z for a rental to put us over the top etc.

problem with that logic is that the prospects that came in helped more than the players they traded for... id say Kessel might be the exception. either way 25 is older and to have a younger goalie come in once his new deal is up would be ideal. look at the penguins best forwards... they are all home grown talent. top 4 Rust Guentzel MAlkin Crosby all vote by advanced stat guys as "elite" all home grown.

2018 1st round pick( K'Andre Miller) or Brassard..... you could have argued that they were better off and K'Andre Miller is a high end prospect
2017 1st round pick (Klim Kostin )AND Oskar Sundqvist penguins got Reeves and 2nd round pick ( Zachary Lauzon )
2016 1st round pick (Sam Steel) for Kessel (Great trade imo) KEssel so far has been the only X factor that they traded for
1st round pick (Mathew Barzal) for David Perron

id say keeping your draft picks works out better than trading them...... look at the results
Jul. 27, 2020 at 1:34 p.m.
All-Team Pylon
problem with that logic is that the prospects that came in helped more than the players they traded for... id say Kessel might be the exception. either way 25 is older and to have a younger goalie come in once his new deal is up would be ideal. look at the penguins best forwards... they are all home grown talent. top 4 Rust Guentzel MAlkin Crosby all vote by advanced stat guys as "elite" all home grown.

2018 1st round pick( K'Andre Miller) or Brassard..... you could have argued that they were better off and K'Andre Miller is a high end prospect
2017 1st round pick (Klim Kostin )AND Oskar Sundqvist penguins got Reeves and 2nd round pick ( Zachary Lauzon )
2016 1st round pick (Sam Steel) for Kessel (Great trade imo) KEssel so far has been the only X factor that they traded for

id say keeping your draft picks works out better than trading them...... look at the results

The results were cups in 16 and 17... Pens don't have high end prospects but they also aren't looking for a 1C anytime soon. That 'Barzal' pick move resulted in Hagelin, who was a key piece of both runs. The Pens are reliant on their prospects for middle 6 depth, defensemen, and goalies and they've had no problem producing each of those consistently without the top end picks
gregb569 liked this.
Jul. 27, 2020 at 2:34 p.m.
gregb569

Brassard turned into McCann for us, he's already considered a core piece.
Reaves trade is bad.. no other way around it lol.
Kessel trade like you said, was a great trade.
The 16OA (Barzal) is not a good trade either, but honestly we got Perron and used him to get Hagelin, which obviously Barzy is the better player.. but we wouldn't have won 2016 without Hags
The results were cups in 16 and 17... Pens don't have high end prospects but they also aren't looking for a 1C anytime soon. That 'Barzal' pick move resulted in Hagelin, who was a key piece of both runs. The Pens are reliant on their prospects for middle 6 depth, defensemen, and goalies and they've had no problem producing each of those consistently without the top end picks
Jul. 27, 2020 at 2:54 p.m.
Caps fan idk why
Brassard turned into McCann for us, he's already considered a core piece.
Reaves trade is bad.. no other way around it lol.
Kessel trade like you said, was a great trade.
The 16OA (Barzal) is not a good trade either, but honestly we got Perron and used him to get Hagelin, which obviously Barzy is the better player.. but we wouldn't have won 2016 without Hags

you also got "Jug" which is a negative but i wonder how much McCann would have cost just himself. i hate the Kuhun Trade i think hes a stud
Jul. 27, 2020 at 2:59 p.m.
gregb569
you also got "Jug" which is a negative but i wonder how much McCann would have cost just himself. i hate the Kuhun Trade i think hes a stud

Idk why everyone on this site views Jugs as a negative. They act like he makes 8M per season.. it's 1 year 4M. A rebuilder could trade for him & flip him at TDL for 3rd+ if he stays healthy.. 6'6 C/RW don't grow on trees.

Kahun trade is really dumb IMO. ERod does nothing for me and I don't mind Sheary but most likely could've gotten him for "free" in FA.
Then could've traded Kahun for futures/3rd line D or maybe package him to "get rid" of JJ..

Rutherford is really inconsistent, he'll make some head scratching signings/trades but then get rid of Gudbranson for nothing lol

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll