SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Mock-Draft

2020 2.0

2020 2.0

Draft Class: 2020
Created By: Jamhuggy7
Published: Aug. 20, 2020 at 5:23 p.m.
Aug. 20, 2020 at 5:24 p.m.
Sharks won't be taking a dman at 34. D is the only position we're set at.
Aug. 20, 2020 at 6:13 p.m.
Quoting: crankshaft
Sharks won't be taking a dman at 34. D is the only position we're set at.

Their prospect pool is shallow at every position, and by the time they want to be good again, almost all of their current dmen will for sure be gone, or they will be very old (like karlsson). With them having took a forward in the first round, I think they would follow up with a defenseman, especially if a guy like wallinder is still available.
Aug. 20, 2020 at 6:25 p.m.
Quoting: Jamhuggy7
Their prospect pool is shallow at every position, and by the time they want to be good again, almost all of their current dmen will for sure be gone, or they will be very old (like karlsson). With them having took a forward in the first round, I think they would follow up with a defenseman, especially if a guy like wallinder is still available.

You are incorrect. We have several dmen on the cusp, Merkley, Pasichnuk and Knyzhov. Kniazev and Hattakka are project dmen with solid upside. LD is certainly not a need with the season Ferraro just had and Simek just signed a 4 year extension. if anything it would be a RHD which is still very secondary to our need for forwards. Our current best forward prospect was a 6th round pick (Chmelevski) who rates as a 3C upside potentially a 2RW if his development goes really well. Leonard could be top six and Dahlen, if he ever comes back from Sweden could also be top six. We could potentially draft Khusnutdinov and Foerster in the first and 2nd rounds.
Aug. 20, 2020 at 7:49 p.m.
Cold spaghetti
Lundell to WPG 😏
Aug. 20, 2020 at 9:58 p.m.
I could see the Habs taking Schnieder since our RHD prospect pool is very weak or Mercer because we could really use more intelligent agile forwards like Suzuki and Kotkaniemi.
Kotkaniemi15 and SlafCaufZuki liked this.
Aug. 21, 2020 at 4:54 a.m.
Nick
Quoting: Club_de_Hockey_le_Canadien
I could see the Habs taking Schnieder since our RHD prospect pool is very weak or Mercer because we could really use more intelligent agile forwards like Suzuki and Kotkaniemi.

That last part is why we would never skip Jarvis if he’s available. He’s a smart, skilledplayer that plays on edge. He’s like a Point LITE on the wing or a more skilled and offensive Gallagher. Jarvis > Mercer IMO.
Aug. 21, 2020 at 9:55 a.m.
Former Hockey Fan
Quoting: DriveFor25
That last part is why we would never skip Jarvis if he’s available. He’s a smart, skilledplayer that plays on edge. He’s like a Point LITE on the wing or a more skilled and offensive Gallagher. Jarvis > Mercer IMO.

Of course, but Jarvis isn’t available in this mock.
SlafCaufZuki liked this.
Aug. 21, 2020 at 10:54 a.m.
Nick
Quoting: Kotkaniemi15
Of course, but Jarvis isn’t available in this mock.

yeah I don’t expect him to be available either. Mercer wouldn’t be a bad pick at all, in fact i like him, but I don’t see the high upside in him. I think Bourque, Perreault and especially Gunler have more upside. Wouldn’t mind if we pick any of these four or Schneider if Jarvis and Quinn are gone.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll