Forums/Armchair-GM

Jake Muzzin type players right side

Created by: Onslaught77
Team: 2020-21 Toronto Maple Leafs
Initial Creation Date: Sep. 14, 2020
Published: Sep. 14, 2020
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
This is more to get people's opinions on who the NHL's right side Defensive D are with a bit of offensive upside. Discussion in the comments. The trades are not the point so ignore them. Also, list some Left side guys separately but looking for defensive stalwarts. Big hits, good at shutting down neutral zone, Puck recovery, good puck moving skills, blocked shots etc.
Free Agent Signings
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
3$1,200,000
3$700,000
UFAYEARSCAP HIT
1$700,000
2$2,500,000
1$1,500,000
1$1,800,000
Trades
BOS
  1. Andersen, Frederik
  2. Johnsson, Andreas
  3. 2021 2nd round pick (TOR)
  4. 2021 4th round pick (TOR)
Retained Salary Transactions
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
20$81,500,000$79,377,283$0$0$2,122,717
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$2,250,000$2,250,000
RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$11,640,250$11,640,250
C
UFA - 4
$10,903,000$10,903,000
RW
UFA - 5
$1,200,000$1,200,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$11,000,000$11,000,000
C, LW
NMC
UFA - 5
$6,962,366$6,962,366
RW
UFA - 4
$821,667$821,667
LW, RW
RFA - 4
$3,500,000$3,500,000
LW, C, RW
UFA - 3
$1,500,000$1,500,000
RW
UFA - 3
$1,250,000$1,250,000
RW, LW
UFA - 2
$700,000$700,000
C, RW
UFA - 1
$1,800,000$1,800,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$5,000,000$5,000,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
Logo of the Boston Bruins
$4,900,000$4,900,000
RD
UFA - 2
$2,500,000$2,500,000
G
UFA - 3
$5,625,000$5,625,000
LD
NMC
UFA - 4
Logo of the Anaheim Ducks
$2,050,000$2,050,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$1,650,000$1,650,000
G
UFA - 2
$925,000$925,000
LD
UFA - 1
$2,000,000$2,000,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 3

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Sep. 14, 2020 at 1:51 a.m.
Read the description before commenting, please.
Sep. 14, 2020 at 2:16 a.m.
The issue is that players that check all those boxes just aren't available. More or less there are three categories of player; there are guys who are all those things/will be all those things but are not made available by the team that has them, there are guys who have the reputation of being all those things but are actually just bad, and you have the guys who used to be all those things but due to age/injuries aren't really those things anymore.

If you're dead set on it being a RHD, the options are basically Gudas and Hamonic as UFAs, and maybe trying something like Pateryn or Lybushkin as cheap trade options. There are more options if you drop the right handed requirement, but it's still relatively slim pickings
Sep. 14, 2020 at 2:17 a.m.
Hakuna Matata
While the trades are extremely unrealistic the only guy of muzzins caliber is mcavoy.

Now there is some interesting news on the bruins in which Carlo could be on the table. Carlo plays like parayko and costs less and sure he's going to be expensive to take from a rival but hey it's worth it
Sep. 14, 2020 at 2:19 a.m.
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: Claesson4Norris
The issue is that players that check all those boxes just aren't available. More or less there are three categories of player; there are guys who are all those things/will be all those things but are not made available by the team that has them, there are guys who have the reputation of being all those things but are actually just bad, and you have the guys who used to be all those things but due to age/injuries aren't really those things anymore.

If you're dead set on it being a RHD, the options are basically Gudas and Hamonic as UFAs, and maybe trying something like Pateryn or Lybushkin as cheap trade options. There are more options if you drop the right handed requirement, but it's still relatively slim pickings

According to Friedman bruins may be shopping Carlo. Honestly dubas should pull the trigger if this happens as he is perfect. Rn the bruins are in an interesting predicament as there key guys are getting older and they need to soon start replacing them with prospects. In general in a year or two the playoff fallout could occur. Now this is where there rival comes into play. If Toronto sent the 15oa Boston could look into drafting Holloway,quinn, etc. This can help them start invigorating young players into there system and eventually there team. Other stuff would of course need to be added but there is a starting point in the works
The_Gull liked this.
Sep. 14, 2020 at 2:37 a.m.
Quoting: aadoyle
According to Friedman bruins may be shopping Carlo. Honestly dubas should pull the trigger if this happens as he is perfect

Really? That seems like a bad plan for Boston. He's basically an endangered species as a >6'4 player who actually plays with his size AND doesn't suck ass. These days guys that size basically fit into two categories; talented player who is infuriatingly soft (Logan Brown) or plays with a physical edge and is **** at hockey (Ben Harpur).
They'll have a huge host of teams interested, Toronto would have to make a huge offer and probably pay the rivalry tax because they will likely meet in the playoffs as a 2-3 match up.

I would love to see Ottawa make a move for him. He's a guy who can handle the huge workload of playing with Chabot every night. Would be a near perfect compliment for each other.

If he really is available, I doubt any team will be after him harder than Anaheim will be though.
Sep. 14, 2020 at 6:38 a.m.
According to Friedman bruins may be shopping Carlo. Honestly dubas should pull the trigger if this happens as he is perfect. Rn the bruins are in an interesting predicament as there key guys are getting older and they need to soon start replacing them with prospects. In general in a year or two the playoff fallout could occur. Now this is where there rival comes into play. If Toronto sent the 15oa Boston could look into drafting Holloway,quinn, etc. This can help them start invigorating young players into there system and eventually there team. Other stuff would of course need to be added but there is a starting point in the works

Really? That seems like a bad plan for Boston. He's basically an endangered species as a >6'4 player who actually plays with his size AND doesn't suck ass. These days guys that size basically fit into two categories; talented player who is infuriatingly soft (Logan Brown) or plays with a physical edge and is **** at hockey (Ben Harpur).
They'll have a huge host of teams interested, Toronto would have to make a huge offer and probably pay the rivalry tax because they will likely meet in the playoffs as a 2-3 match up.

I would love to see Ottawa make a move for him. He's a guy who can handle the huge workload of playing with Chabot every night. Would be a near perfect compliment for each other.

If he really is available, I doubt any team will be after him harder than Anaheim will be though.

He isn't. It's just a stupid rumor by a writer that wants some clicks
And even if Carlo was available, they would never trade to (and help) Toronto.

What is this trade for McAvoy, he is untouchable and then you trade him for half his value
Sep. 14, 2020 at 7:15 a.m.
While the trades are extremely unrealistic the only guy of muzzins caliber is mcavoy.

Now there is some interesting news on the bruins in which Carlo could be on the table. Carlo plays like parayko and costs less and sure he's going to be expensive to take from a rival but hey it's worth it

Carlo being available was started by a click bait writer for the Athletic who was just trying to get some clicks and views to help generate income. Id be shocked if Boston went from unwilling to include Carlo in a deal for Landeskog/Duchene to willing to trade him.

Boston has no depth at RHD after McAvoy and Carlo. Not to mention Carlo is their PK horse on the backend.
Sep. 14, 2020 at 7:56 a.m.
The point was to list players who are that kind of player in the NHL. offensive skill isn't overly important. McAvoy for instance isn't really offensive. He's defensively gifted though. Saying Defensive players don't exist is nonsense. Nobody talks about them though. Tons of people said Muzzin was **** when the Leafs got him. Cearly not.
Sep. 14, 2020 at 8:00 a.m.
Quoting: bhavikp27
He isn't. It's just a stupid rumor by a writer that wants some clicks
And even if Carlo was available, they would never trade to (and help) Toronto.

What is this trade for McAvoy, he is untouchable and then you trade him for half his value

You're missing the point and I don't listen to anyone on here about Andersen. He's currently one of the most valuable goaltenders in the NHL for a reason fans don't understand. Teams trying to cut pay get a starting quality goaltender who takes up 5m in cap but you only pay a million bucks. Andersen saves teams 4 million in cash at a time when they were told they may never see a fan in the building again. Teams will trade big assets to get him.
Boomer125 liked this.
Sep. 14, 2020 at 8:05 a.m.

Anaheim would be foolish to spend assets on Carlo, they are so far away from competing it's painful to watch them re-tool
Sep. 14, 2020 at 9:52 a.m.
Banned
Well this is just beyond embarrasing, why would you even think this is a good trade?

Like we will do Griz for Matthews while we are at it
bhavikp27 liked this.
Sep. 14, 2020 at 9:57 a.m.
Quoting: Silkysmooth42
Well this is just beyond embarrasing, why would you even think this is a good trade?

Like we will do Griz for Matthews while we are at it

The ability to read is shockingly terrible. Literacy and attention to detail is brutally weak today and people are completely incapable of comprehension of anything in any way. No wonder people think the world is flat.
Sep. 14, 2020 at 10:01 a.m.
Banned
Quoting: Onslaught77
The ability to read is shockingly terrible. Literacy and attention to detail is brutally weak today and people are completely incapable of comprehension of anything in any way. No wonder people think the world is flat.

I see that now so my b: BUTTTT I reacted the way I did because if you look through the recent Leafs ACGMs they are all terrible trades for Carlo so I justed Assumed the worst lol

In saying that: Your use of long words doesnt make you look smarter
Sep. 14, 2020 at 10:05 a.m.
Quoting: Silkysmooth42
I see that now so my b: BUTTTT I reacted the way I did because if you look through the recent Leafs ACGMs they are all terrible trades for Carlo so I justed Assumed the worst lol

In saying that: Your use of long words doesnt make you look smarter

Ahh, an, "it's ok to be an idiot," Boston fan. How are things in Boston? PS. I don't need big words to look smarter than you. You're setting the bar really really low.
Sep. 14, 2020 at 10:42 a.m.
You're missing the point and I don't listen to anyone on here about Andersen. He's currently one of the most valuable goaltenders in the NHL for a reason fans don't understand. Teams trying to cut pay get a starting quality goaltender who takes up 5m in cap but you only pay a million bucks. Andersen saves teams 4 million in cash at a time when they were told they may never see a fan in the building again. Teams will trade big assets to get him.

Never talked about Andersen, I talked about moving McAvoy and to the Leafs. It doesn't matter he saves $ if you trade him to a team that doesn't need him...
Sep. 14, 2020 at 10:46 a.m.
Never talked about Andersen, I talked about moving McAvoy and to the Leafs. It doesn't matter he saves $ if you trade him to a team that doesn't need him...

That wasn't the point and since many people including bruins, fans think they are moving Rask and the Bruins are one of the teams that the owners are trying to cut costs we will agree to disagree. You totally missed the point of the post because you didn't bother to read or understand what the point was. You just decided that everyone on Boston is one of the best players in history and like most Boston fans felt personally attacked that someone didn't think that was the case.
Sep. 14, 2020 at 10:48 a.m.
That wasn't the point and since many people including bruins, fans think they are moving Rask and the Bruins are one of the teams that the owners are trying to cut costs we will agree to disagree. You totally missed the point of the post because you didn't bother to read or understand what the point was. You just decided that everyone on Boston is one of the best players in history and like most Boston fans felt personally attacked that someone didn't think that was the case.

You could also try to make the best offer possible AND also get opinions...
Not sure why " these people/bruins fans " think that. Rask never said he is going to retire this summer and Sweeney reiterated the plan is for him to play next year. So until Rask makes a comment, no need to trade a G to Boston.
Sep. 17, 2020 at 11:36 a.m.
You could also try to make the best offer possible AND also get opinions...
Not sure why " these people/bruins fans " think that. Rask never said he is going to retire this summer and Sweeney reiterated the plan is for him to play next year. So until Rask makes a comment, no need to trade a G to Boston.

You still have no idea what this post is about because you're unable to read properly. Who said anything about Rask retiring and this post has nothing to do with the Bruins.
Sep. 17, 2020 at 12:13 p.m.
You still have no idea what this post is about because you're unable to read properly. Who said anything about Rask retiring and this post has nothing to do with the Bruins.

Why trade Andersen to Boston then? Who said Bruins need a goalie when they have two NHL G signed? I assumed you were trading him because you thought Rask is gone, otherwise why trade him to Boston?

" This post has nothing to do with the Bruins "
119653906_983203728812026_5507641765287106237_n.png?_nc_cat=107&_nc_sid=b96e70&_nc_ohc=fOgT-xnuZ3cAX--AHcu&_nc_ht=scontent.fymy1-1.fna&oh=302f699d2f29419adf959d40ccacf281&oe=5F8A5139

Of course, you just made a trade with them

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll