SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Trade Machine Proposals

Phase 1

Created by: reelkena
Published: Sep. 16, 2020 at 1:41 a.m.
Salary Cap: $81,500,000
Season Days: 124/125 (99%)
Central Registry Determination: This trade has been rejected because the cap hit of one of the teams is below the lower limit

Logo of the Detroit Red WingsDetroit Red Wings

OutStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
2020 7th round pick (Logo of the Detroit Red WingsDET)---001------
InStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Baertschi, SvenVancouver CanucksNHL-$3,339,732111---0000--
Stecher, TroyVancouver CanucksNHL-$0111---0000--
ChangeCap SpaceRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Initial$34,675,00011315431112
Change-$3,339,73222200-1
Final$31,335,268 (↓)13 (↑)33 (↑)56 (↑)31111 (↓)000

Logo of the Florida PanthersFlorida Panthers

OutStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
2020 7th round pick (Logo of the Florida PanthersFLA)---001------
InStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Sutter, BrandonVancouver CanucksNHL-$4,340,000111---0000--
Virtanen, JakeVancouver CanucksNHL-$0111---0000--
Initial$20,963,7121333483712
Change-$4,340,00022200-1
Final$16,623,712 (↓)15 (↑)35 (↑)50 (↑)3711 (↓)000

Logo of the Vancouver CanucksVancouver Canucks

Baertschi, SvenVancouver CanucksNHL-$3,339,732111---0000--
Sutter, BrandonVancouver CanucksNHL-$4,340,000111---0000--
Virtanen, JakeVancouver CanucksNHL-$0111---0000--
Stecher, TroyVancouver CanucksNHL-$0111---0000--
2020 7th round pick (Logo of the Detroit Red WingsDET)---001------
2020 7th round pick (Logo of the Florida PanthersFLA)---001------
Initial$14,298,1221730442512
Change$7,679,732-4-4-4002
Final$21,977,854 (↑)13 (↓)26 (↓)40 (↓)2514 (↑)000
Sep. 16, 2020 at 1:47 a.m.
Fanboys make bad Gms
Then Re sign Tanev Toffoli and Marky.

Try to move Myers if he'll wave his NMC. If not, pay to move one more guy.

Put Ferland on LTIR.

Re sign RFAs like Motte, McKewen and Gaudette.

Fill gaps with guys like Hoglander, Chatfield, Juolevi, Rafferty and Rathbone.

That should get us through the start of next season under cap.

Now can we stop trading for Dumba already?
Sep. 16, 2020 at 6:12 a.m.
Why would the Red Wings engage in this trade?They gain nothing but wasting cap space.

Stecher has some value but not enough to offset the fact that a 7th round pick is all that the wings could hope for if they flipped him, so no gain. It would be like trading a 7th this year for a 7th next year. He isnt better then the options the wings have at hand on the right side, and the wings dont want to play guys on their off side. Hronek, Lindström and hell even Bowey (year younger same production) and better options. Not to mention Seider waiting in the wings.

Baertschi is a dump pure and simple, no value. And the wings have a lot of younger cheaper players that they need to see what they have in on the wing. Guys like Svechnikov, Smith, Bromé, Timashov, and if they bring him over Berggren. Wings are better off with Perlini and or Hirose then Baertschi.

So unless the wings are gain a true long term asset out of this deal they have no reason to help out Van of their cap problems. Yes this deal works out great for Van but does absolutely nothing for Det.
Sep. 16, 2020 at 9:56 a.m.
Why would the Panthers and Wings do this. They want assets back if they're gonna take on bad contracts
Sep. 16, 2020 at 12:25 p.m.
Fanboys make bad Gms
Quoting: AirmanSD
Why would the Red Wings engage in this trade?They gain nothing but wasting cap space.

Stecher has some value but not enough to offset the fact that a 7th round pick is all that the wings could hope for if they flipped him, so no gain. It would be like trading a 7th this year for a 7th next year. He isnt better then the options the wings have at hand on the right side, and the wings dont want to play guys on their off side. Hronek, Lindström and hell even Bowey (year younger same production) and better options. Not to mention Seider waiting in the wings.

Baertschi is a dump pure and simple, no value. And the wings have a lot of younger cheaper players that they need to see what they have in on the wing. Guys like Svechnikov, Smith, Bromé, Timashov, and if they bring him over Berggren. Wings are better off with Perlini and or Hirose then Baertschi.

So unless the wings are gain a true long term asset out of this deal they have no reason to help out Van of their cap problems. Yes this deal works out great for Van but does absolutely nothing for Det.

Quoting: ivan092033
Why would the Panthers and Wings do this. They want assets back if they're gonna take on bad contracts

Virtanen is an asset. That's not debatable.

The 7ths can be AHL garbage players if you like but Stetcher is worth more than a 7th.

I'm aware this is cap dumping from Van side and I'm aware neither team needs to be helping them but you guys are defending 7ths like I'm asking for roster players.

It's simply, is Stetcher worth 1 year of 3 mil in cap? If Det "doesn't need him" then fine, that's reasonable, maybe he goes somewhere else.
And is Virtanen worth Sutters contract for a couple years? That answer is yes. Do that have room to do it? Maybe not, will Sutter block Fla trades? Maybe. But defending 7ths like this is not reasonable.
Remus liked this.
Sep. 16, 2020 at 4:47 p.m.
HutsonNorlinderGuhle
Quoting: ivan092033

Virtanen and Stecher aren’t assets? Any decent NHL players on good contracts are considered assets. They’e definitely good enough for a frickn SEVENTH round pick
reelkena liked this.
Sep. 16, 2020 at 6:30 p.m.
Quoting: HabsFan9
Virtanen and Stecher aren’t assets? Any decent NHL players on good contracts are considered assets. They’e definitely good enough for a frickn SEVENTH round pick

Quoting: reelkena
Virtanen is an asset. That's not debatable.

The 7ths can be AHL garbage players if you like but Stetcher is worth more than a 7th.

I'm aware this is cap dumping from Van side and I'm aware neither team needs to be helping them but you guys are defending 7ths like I'm asking for roster players.

It's simply, is Stetcher worth 1 year of 3 mil in cap? If Det "doesn't need him" then fine, that's reasonable, maybe he goes somewhere else.
And is Virtanen worth Sutters contract for a couple years? That answer is yes. Do that have room to do it? Maybe not, will Sutter block Fla trades? Maybe. But defending 7ths like this is not reasonable.

fair enough
reelkena liked this.
Sep. 17, 2020 at 1:06 p.m.
MacSauce99
Quoting: HabsFan9

I see this from the Florida side. But for the Wings I don’t think they would do it unless the asset attached is a futures asset (prospect/picks). Although Stetcher is better than a lot of their defenseman right now, I don’t think they would use him as an asset to take on a bad contract in the COVID world where real dollars matter more than ever, especially since he’s not going to move the needle on the worst team in the NHL. IMO he would be long gone by the time the wings are relevant again. Long story short, my opinion is that Detroit doesn’t take on a bad contract unless the asset attached is something that will help them 3-5 years down the road, where stetcher is more of a short term fix. I do agree he is a valuable asset on most teams, but not as valuable to Detroit because they are so far away from being relevant.
reelkena and Remus liked this.
Sep. 17, 2020 at 1:10 p.m.
Fanboys make bad Gms
Quoting: MacSauce99
I see this from the Florida side. But for the Wings I don’t think they would do it unless the asset attached is a futures asset (prospect/picks). Although Stetcher is better than a lot of their defenseman right now, I don’t think they would use him as an asset to take on a bad contract in the COVID world where real dollars matter more than ever, especially since he’s not going to move the needle on the worst team in the NHL. IMO he would be long gone by the time the wings are relevant again. Long story short, my opinion is that Detroit doesn’t take on a bad contract unless the asset attached is something that will help them 3-5 years down the road, where stetcher is more of a short term fix. I do agree he is a valuable asset on most teams, but not as valuable to Detroit because they are so far away from being relevant.

I don't disagree with any of that, but the note I would add is it's only one year of Sven's contract and he would actually play on that team allowing them to fill holes for cheaper than UFA's. Which as a temp deal plays into what you are saying about them being more than a few years out. This is the year they can be a mini Seattle and take contracts for free as long as it doesn't hurt them when they want to actually move up. Most bad contracts in the NHL are more than 1 or 2 years so they can't really take them. Sven is not in that bracket.
Sep. 17, 2020 at 1:16 p.m.
MacSauce99
Quoting: reelkena
I don't disagree with any of that, but the note I would add is it's only one year of Sven's contract and he would actually play on that team allowing them to fill holes for cheaper than UFA's. Which as a temp deal plays into what you are saying about them being more than a few years out. This is the year they can be a mini Seattle and take contracts for free as long as it doesn't hurt them when they want to actually move up. Most bad contracts in the NHL are more than 1 or 2 years so they can't really take them. Sven is not in that bracket.

Yeah I get that. It definitely wouldn’t be a negative deal for Detroit. I guess all I mean is that if I were Yzerman I would be putting a lot more pressure on to see how badly Van wants to sign their FAs. Stretcher would definitely help more than hurt though.
reelkena liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll