SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Mock-Draft

4th overall's a Blessing in Disguise, Detroit.

4th overall's a Blessing in Disguise, Detroit.

Draft Class: 2020
Created By: Girouxsalem
Published: Sep. 19, 2020 at 6:19 p.m.
Description
You'll all see.
ROUND 1TEAMORIGINALPLAYERDETAILS
1Logo of the New York Rangers-They're not passing up this opprotunity...but be warned, hype=/=results
2Logo of the Los Angeles Kings-"Hi, Big Q! Welcome to LA, it's Todd. I'm here to introduce you to 2 special people: Here's Anze Kopitar, and here's the super glue"
3Logo of the Ottawa SenatorsLogo of the San Jose SharksIt's a good year to be a German.
4Logo of the Detroit Red Wings-Ok, hear me out Detroit...what puts butts in seats, especially in Lil Ceasers arena? Scoring. Lots. Of. Scoring. Why not pick up the best pro-freakin'-rated offense in the draft? Why not build yourself up similarly to the old successful Wings? Like tampa? Get this kid. He's got "franchise" written all. Over. Him.
5Logo of the Ottawa Senators-You'd think "hm, they've already picked the german center, they probably pick D here" and Melnyk laughs. Go big or Go home for Ottawa.
6Logo of the Anaheim Ducks-It seems like Orange County is where Defensemen go to die. Time to change that around. They take the biggest riser.
7Logo of the New Jersey Devils-The Defense they have built is good. Not good enough to pass on the top RHD
8Logo of the Buffalo Sabres-The goalie here is reeeaaally tempting. Since they missed out on the D, they go for BPA
9Logo of the Minnesota Wild-Impossible to tell what's happening at "the state of hockey" after the Staal deal, but it'd be wise to take the biggest rising FW.
10Logo of the Winnipeg Jets-Since they missed out on the D, doubt they keep this pick. More than likely use it to buy for backend help. Who knows? If they don't move, they pick the Finn
11Logo of the Nashville Predators-The Predators are too good to be in this spot. They may also trade this pick, but if not, BPA.
12Logo of the Florida Panthers-First "reach" of the draft, but the reward here is sky-high
13Logo of the Carolina HurricanesLogo of the Toronto Maple LeafsOh happy day, *another* young star in the making will join with that super young, breakout team.
14Logo of the Edmonton Oilers-Do we *really* think Edmonton's gonna sit here? BPA
15Logo of the Toronto Maple LeafsLogo of the Pittsburgh PenguinsToronto's pick. Vital to pick for depth here.
16Logo of the Montreal Canadiens-What a postszn these guys had. Lots of attitude, high-intiensity hockey. Pick the kid w/ that same swagger.
17Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks-The aging core is looking closer to retirement over a cup. Maybe bring in an undersized winger to learn a thing or two from those vets?
18Logo of the New Jersey DevilsLogo of the Arizona CoyotesThey're in a position of power here, can pick some excellent talent as depth at 18&20
19Logo of the Calgary Flames-You. Can. Never. Have. Too. Many. Defensemen.
20Logo of the New Jersey DevilsLogo of the Vancouver CanucksEasy choice, get the kid w/ good international olay stats.
21Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets-Usually, it's the good teams that pick the injury troubled player w/ a hiiiigh skill ceiling. Good thing they're a good team.
22Logo of the New York RangersLogo of the Carolina HurricanesYou. Can. Never. Have. Too. Many. Defenseman. X2.
23Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers-This scouting staff is savvy. They know how to manage this part of the first round veery well. Unlike last year where they passed on the undersized goal scorer twice, they take the undersized engine.
24Logo of the Colorado Avalanche-Embarrassment of riches.
25Logo of the Washington Capitals-This team's gonna be a whole lotta fun this szn. Safe pick.
26Logo of the St. Louis Blues-Do you *really* think they're gonna let Petro walk w/o a fight? They're not gonna pick here. BPA.
27Logo of the Anaheim DucksLogo of the Boston BruinsThey won't double dip on defense.
28Logo of the Ottawa SenatorsLogo of the New York IslandersSo far, so very good. Grab that high ceiling, big body!
29Logo of the Vegas Golden Knights-Can't stress enough the value of picking a floor guy here. Just in case of injury or emergency call-up
30Logo of the Dallas Stars-Think this is where SJ will pick. The swede is tempting, but the German makes the most sense
31Logo of the San Jose SharksLogo of the Tampa Bay LightningThe champs are gonna be hungover when they pick here.
Sep. 19, 2020 at 6:23 p.m.
This is how Guerin loses the fans' faith
Sep. 19, 2020 at 6:25 p.m.
If MTL passes on Jarvis I literaly switch team.
Sep. 19, 2020 at 6:28 p.m.
Cold spaghetti
Lundell is even a greater pick then Sanderson for the Jets, he is exactly what they need I don’t think the pass that up.
Girouxsalem liked this.
Sep. 19, 2020 at 6:32 p.m.
Girouxsalem
Quoting: Suzuki_Cup

Entirely possible they go Jarvis. I find that Zary's got that new "Habitude", something Bergevin would value highly.
Sep. 19, 2020 at 6:33 p.m.
Girouxsalem
Quoting: C21
This is how Guerin loses the fans' faith

It's very hard to tell what he's up to. Holtz may be the pick, but boy is Quinn's stock rising
Sep. 19, 2020 at 8:21 p.m.
BergDaMan
Quoting: Suzuki_Cup

It that I don’t think Jarvis is very talented but do you think the size comes into play when mtl is looking to add size already
Girouxsalem liked this.
Sep. 19, 2020 at 8:22 p.m.
BergDaMan
Quoting: Bigshame
It that I don’t think Jarvis is very talented but do you think the size comes into play when mtl is looking to add size already

*not that I don’t think he’s talented
Sep. 19, 2020 at 8:26 p.m.
HutsonNorlinderGuhle
I love the descriptions, I’m either laughing my @$$ off or nodding in agreement
Girouxsalem liked this.
Sep. 20, 2020 at 4:35 p.m.
Being wrong is ok
since you say "You'll all see" you need to reconsider looking at teams prospects systems. Im a BPA guy but many of these picks lack the consideration of space to give these guys growth. Prime examples according to your board are Jake Sanderson and Connor Zary IMO. good mock. What percentage you think you got right? Pls dont say 100% tears of joy
Sep. 20, 2020 at 5:48 p.m.
Girouxsalem
Quoting: BuckoJoyde
since you say "You'll all see" you need to reconsider looking at teams prospects systems. Im a BPA guy but many of these picks lack the consideration of space to give these guys growth. Prime examples according to your board are Jake Sanderson and Connor Zary IMO. good mock. What percentage you think you got right? Pls dont say 100% tears of joy

Don't see the argument for Sanderson, they're lacking in any for of depth at D. They have some B-rated guys but are lacking that "Byram/Provorov/Hughes" like prospect. Tho Sanderson is a lefty, i feel like when he cracks the lineup he'll replace Kurran. Zary's game can easily translate to wing, imho.

I'm gonna break my %correct into these categories:
1-10: 75% (drysdale, sanderson, quinn are the questions)
11-21: 80% (Holloway, Zary, Jarvis are the questions, but i seriously think CHI is gonna do whatever it takes to get him)
22-31: 50% (you'd think a lot of those teams would move those picks around, so hard to tell)

Thanks for the comment!
BuckoJoyde liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll