Forums/Armchair-GM

Trade to Nashville and sign Sami Vatanen

Created by: HockeyTownUSA69
Team: 2020-21 Pittsburgh Penguins
Initial Creation Date: Nov. 6, 2020
Published: Nov. 6, 2020
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Bulk up our 3rd line. Get some youth back in L.Kunin and A.Carrier. I think we are better Defensively if we sign Sami Vatanen and let P-O-Joseph come up and play on our third paring D. And have A.Carrier and Riikola both as young Depth options.

I think M.Pettersson and J.McCann is fair for Kunin(rights) and C.Jarnkrok. And I think T.Blueger and a 2nd round pick is fair for Cousins and A.Carrier.
Free Agent Signings
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
3$3,500,000
UFAYEARSCAP HIT
2$3,250,000
Trades
PIT
  1. Carrier, Alexandre
  2. Cousins, Nick
  3. Järnkrok, Calle
  4. Kunin, Luke [RFA Rights]
Additional Details:
I know Nashville just signed Cousins this summer. But I wish the Pens did.lol!!
Buyouts
Retained Salary Transactions
Buried
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the WSH
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
23$81,500,000$77,963,333$0$1,062,500$3,536,667
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Pittsburgh Penguins
$5,500,000$5,500,000
LW, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$8,700,000$8,700,000
C
NMC
UFA - 5
$3,200,000$3,200,000
RW
UFA - 2
$4,500,000$4,500,000
LW, RW
UFA - 4
$9,500,000$9,500,000
C
NMC
UFA - 2
$3,500,000$3,500,000
RW, LW
UFA - 2
Logo of the Nashville Predators
$1,500,000$1,500,000
LW, C
UFA - 2
$1,000,000$1,000,000
RW, C, LW
UFA - 2
$3,500,000$3,500,000
RW, C
RFA - 2
$3,500,000$3,500,000
LW, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 5
$700,000$700,000
C, LW
UFA - 1
$700,000$700,000
LW, C
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$4,100,000$4,100,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$7,250,000$7,250,000
RD
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 2
$3,500,000$3,500,000
G
UFA - 3
$4,875,000$4,875,000
LD
UFA - 6
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
RD
UFA - 1
$1,250,000$1,250,000
G
UFA - 2
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$212,500$212K)
LD
RFA - 2
$3,250,000$3,250,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$733,333$733,333
RD
UFA - 3
$1,000,000$1,000,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$1,150,000$1,150,000
LD
UFA - 2
$750,000$750,000
RW, C, LW
UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Nov. 6, 2020 at 7:39 p.m.
Good Opinion Haver
Quoting: HockeyTownUSA69
Ya, he just doesn’t know or care to know who they are. He thinks looking at their stats will tell him everything he needs to know. Just like looking at Blueger stats?? You’d be like WTF?? Him?? Lol.

Impossible to do a trade with West coast teams. Pens fans have no clue about their players and Visa-Versa.

I really wish the Pens would have signed Cousins though. Great player. The funny thing is, Pens fans would love him, would be a huge hit. Bigger than Blueger..lol. Same type of player, just with more scoring touch!! Lol.

Yeah it would have been a smart pickup because idk if I'm sold on McCann's ability to be a 3C. I think he's better suited for the wing. They could have signed Cousins as the 3C, kept Blueger (who I do think is good, of course) as 4C and had McCann as a perfectly good middle six winger. But it seems like they want to keep a winger spot open for Poulin and I guess I don't blame them.
HockeyTownUSA69 liked this.
Nov. 6, 2020 at 7:43 p.m.
Ekholm is 31 years old this year. And not the player Pettersson is even now. And Pettersson is 24. Petterson/Fabbro gives u a legit top 2 pairing for the next 4-5 years. Ekholm/Benning on the 3rd pairing. Boroweicki and Benning are 3rd paring at best, Defensive depth, 7th-8th D on a team. They have been their whole careers.

I brought Ekholm up because you didn't have him in your list of NSH defensemen at all. I know he gets underappreciated around the league, with all the other spotlight-stealing defensemen NSH has had throughout his career, but he's a much better player than Petterson is today. I know Petterson still has room to grow, but I'm not certain he can be as good as Ekholm. Ekholm would easily be PIT's 2nd best defenseman. 31 isn't dead, and he hasn't shown any signs of slowing down. Boroweicki and Benning should be fine together on the 3rd pair.
Nov. 6, 2020 at 7:45 p.m.
LETS go PENS
Quoting: TheEarthmaster
Yeah it would have been a smart pickup because idk if I'm sold on McCann's ability to be a 3C. I think he's better suited for the wing. They could have signed Cousins as the 3C, kept Blueger (who I do think is good, of course) as 4C and had McCann as a perfectly good middle six winger. But it seems like they want to keep a winger spot open for Poulin and I guess I don't blame them.

Did u not read anything on McCann this year..?or this summer?? After last year..?? He’s not playing center. He’s better suited for winger. Every quote, every article, says McCann is a scorer, has a great shot, and good defensively. Better suited for LW. He’s not a playmaker that can carry a line. Like 0 points in our play-off series last year playing 3rd line Center. He’s a scorer, a winger. Janko will be our 3rd line center with McCann on the wing if our roster stays the same. They also gave up on McCann as a center
Nov. 6, 2020 at 7:47 p.m.
Ekholm is 31 years old this year. And not the player Pettersson is even now. And Pettersson is 24. Petterson/Fabbro gives u a legit top 2 pairing for the next 4-5 years. Ekholm/Benning on the 3rd pairing. Boroweicki and Benning are 3rd paring at best, Defensive depth, 7th-8th D on a team. They have been their whole careers.

Petterson-4M, McCann 2.9M, Blueger 750k= 7.6M
Kunin-3.5M, Jankrok-2M, Cousin-1.5M, =7M

Again??what are u talking about?? The 600k cap difference?? Carrier carrier a 730k cap hit too. So basically dead even. You forgot Kunin is a RFA, u still have to sign him. He’s gonna be b/ween 2M-3.5M per

To reply to your edit, I think $3.5M is more than Kunin gets. Most Wild AGMs I looked at from before the trade had him signing in the $2-2.5 range.
Nov. 6, 2020 at 7:53 p.m.
LETS go PENS
Edited Nov. 6, 2020 at 7:58 p.m.
Quoting: gmgb
I brought Ekholm up because you didn't have him in your list of NSH defensemen at all. I know he gets underappreciated around the league, with all the other spotlight-stealing defensemen NSH has had throughout his career, but he's a much better player than Petterson is today. I know Petterson still has room to grow, but I'm not certain he can be as good as Ekholm. Ekholm would easily be PIT's 2nd best defenseman. 31 isn't dead, and he hasn't shown any signs of slowing down. Boroweicki and Benning should be fine together on the 3rd pair.

Lol. We’ll just Disagree on that then my man. Pettersson right now is better than Ekholm. And he’s 31 and Pettersson is 24, yes with plenty more potential. Look at the analytics.

Good luck with Benning/Boorowecki as your 3rd pairing. I’m Happier with Matheson/Ceci. Atleast they have been more than Depth, 3rd paring D, in their careers.

It’s just obvious, like I said, Josi/Ellis, Petterson/Fabbro, Ekholm/Benning makes your D much better. And gives you a legit, top 4 D pairing the next 4-5 years.

But I’ll agree the trade 100% isn’t gonna happen. Preds arnt trading Cousin and Kunin b4 they play 1 game for them..lol.
Nov. 6, 2020 at 7:55 p.m.
LETS go PENS
To reply to your edit, I think $3.5M is more than Kunin gets. Most Wild AGMs I looked at from before the trade had him signing in the $2-2.5 range.

So 1M cap difference..lol.. come on man. Not gonna make or break a team. Where is this big cap space everyone is talking about??
Nov. 6, 2020 at 8:01 p.m.
Lol. We’ll just Disagree on that then my man. Peterson right now is better than Ekholm. And he’s 31 and Pettersson is 24, yes with plenty more potential. Look at the analytics.

Good luck with Benning/Boorowecki as your 3rd pairing. I’m Happier with Matheson/Ceci. Atleast they have been more than Depth, 3rd paring D, in their careers.

It’s just obvious, like I said, Josi/Ellis, Petterson/Fabbro, Ekholm/Benning makes your D much better. And gives you a legit, top 4 D pairing the next 4-5 years.

To each their own. We obviously view defensemen differently. I'd rather have last year's 3rd pair of Hamhuis/Weber than Matheson/Ceci, especially when you consider what they make. That Matheson contract is the worst one on either of these teams right now.
Nov. 6, 2020 at 8:04 p.m.
LETS go PENS
Edited Nov. 6, 2020 at 8:14 p.m.
To each their own. We obviously view defensemen differently. I'd rather have last year's 3rd pair of Hamhuis/Weber than Matheson/Ceci, especially when you consider what they make. That Matheson contract is the worst one on either of these teams right now.

Agree, and Pettersson is one of the best. Why he has value too.

But Ceci is only making 1.2M. Basically league min. for a right-handed shot D-man. 500k more than 700k. It’s not a huge deal.

And I’m trying to be positive about it..lol. Not Add to all negativity that pens fans already put into the universe. Matheson has offensive potential. NHL Proven Offensive talent/skills

If the Ceci/Ruthwedel platoon can just stay at home and play good D and let Matheson do the cross Ice passing and carrying the puck through the neutral zone and any offensive rushing. Ceci and Ruthwedel just stay back and play solid D. It work out. O

They will Only get 8-11 minutes a game Ice time. Letang/Dumoulin play
25 minutes plus and Pettersson/Marino play 20-22 minutes plus.
mhockey91 liked this.
Nov. 6, 2020 at 8:06 p.m.
So 1M cap difference..lol.. come on man. Not gonna make or break a team. Where is this big cap space everyone is talking about??

At least $1M, more if Kunin comes in under $2.5M (you rounded down on Petterson and McCann in your original comment about this). Still, every bit helps as NSH was focused on gaining cap space to the point of buying out a minor league player, with just one year remaining (Santini). No point blowing any of it on a trade like this, that makes the team worse.
Nov. 6, 2020 at 8:12 p.m.
Agree, and Pettersson is one of the best. Why he has value too.

Value is relative though (I assume you're talking on-ice value. Contract wise, Petterson is making a little too much now, but presumably it will pay off for PIT on the back half). Petterson is important to PIT because he's one of their better defenders. On a team like NSH where he wouldn't crack the top four, he has less. OTT was willing to give up a 2nd and a prospect for Murray because they needed a goalie. MTL wouldn't give up a 7th for him, because they don't need him.
Nov. 6, 2020 at 8:20 p.m.
LETS go PENS
At least $1M, more if Kunin comes in under $2.5M (you rounded down on Petterson and McCann in your original comment about this). Still, every bit helps as NSH was focused on gaining cap space to the point of buying out a minor league player, with just one year remaining (Santini). No point blowing any of it on a trade like this, that makes the team worse.

Pettersson makes 4M / year man. 4,020,000. 4M, 20k..lol. Seriously 20k?

And McCann makes 2.940,000. 2.9M and 40k. So 60k, extra total combined?? What r u talking about man?? Come on?

I rounded down with Carrier too. 30k down. So it’s only a 30k difference..lol.
Nov. 6, 2020 at 8:24 p.m.
LETS go PENS
Value is relative though (I assume you're talking on-ice value. Contract wise, Petterson is making a little too much now, but presumably it will pay off for PIT on the back half). Petterson is important to PIT because he's one of their better defenders. On a team like NSH where he wouldn't crack the top four, he has less. OTT was willing to give up a 2nd and a prospect for Murray because they needed a goalie. MTL wouldn't give up a 7th for him, because they don't need him.

You say Pettersson doesn’t crack your top 4. It was said to be one of the best contracts in the NHL..lol. Signing a 24 year old top 4 defender to 4M per year for 5 years.google it and read something on it b4 u say that.
Nov. 6, 2020 at 8:35 p.m.
I know more than you
Which three?

Debatable. Especially when you consider how much value cap space has right now. That's a considerable factor too.

You're forgetting about Ekholm.
Josi-Ellis
Ekholm-Fabbro
Boroweicki-Benning

Petterson doesn't fit into NSH's defense. Plus there's the previously mentioned cap hit and expansion considerations.

McCann, Pettersson, and the 2nd rounder are all individually worth more than anything the Penguins get in this deal.
Nov. 6, 2020 at 8:47 p.m.
Pettersson makes 4M / year man. 4,020,000. 4M, 20k..lol. Seriously 20k?

And McCann makes 2.940,000. 2.9M and 40k. So 60k, extra total combined?? What r u talking about man?? Come on?

I rounded down with Carrier too. 30k down. So it’s only a 30k difference..lol.

It's such a minor point, but if you want to be pedantic about it, NSH would be adding $981 842 in cap here, while trading away four players and getting three in return. This is assuming Kunin gets $2.5M. It's a bigger imbalance for NSH if he signs for less. Now Carrier still needs to be replaced in NSH's lineup, because they've traded away their 7th defenseman. Healthy scratches have cap hits too. Even if whoever replaces him in the press box makes league minimum, that's another $700K that needs to be added. So NSH takes on an extra $1 681 842 in salary here, at the minimum. Not a back breaking amount, but why squander it?

You say Pettersson doesn’t crack your top 4. It was said to be one of the best contracts in the NHL..lol. Signing a 24 year old top 4 defender to 4M per year for 5 years.google it and read something on it b4 u say that.

I have never heard anyone say Petterson has one of the best contracts in the league. I even googled it at your suggestion and the best I could come up with was a poll on Pittsburgh's SB Nation blog that had 29% of Pens fans saying they "loved it" (65% "liked it", 6% "disliked" or "hated it"). The Athletic had a detailed article about each team's contract efficiency today. They called Petterson "a legitimate top-four option on a fair deal", and graded him a B for what he provides, relative to his cap hit. Not exactly the gushing praise one would expect, when talking about "one of the best contracts in the NHL".
Nov. 6, 2020 at 8:52 p.m.
LETS go PENS
It's such a minor point, but if you want to be pedantic about it, NSH would be adding $981 842 in cap here, while trading away four players and getting three in return. This is assuming Kunin gets $2.5M. It's a bigger imbalance for NSH if he signs for less. Now Carrier still needs to be replaced in NSH's lineup, because they've traded away their 7th defenseman. Healthy scratches have cap hits too. Even if whoever replaces him in the press box makes league minimum, that's another $700K that needs to be added. So NSH takes on an extra $1 681 842 in salary here, at the minimum. Not a back breaking amount, but why squander it?

I have never heard anyone say Petterson has one of the best contracts in the league. I even googled it at your suggestion and the best I could come up with was a poll on Pittsburgh's SB Nation blog that had 29% of Pens fans saying they "loved it" (65% "liked it", 6% "disliked" or "hated it"). The Athletic had a detailed article about each team's contract efficiency today. They called Petterson "a legitimate top-four option on a fair deal", and graded him a B for what he provides, relative to his cap hit. Not exactly the gushing praise one would expect, when talking about "one of the best contracts in the NHL".

I’m done man. Good luck. Google it, I don’t know what to tell u. The 1st article that came up.

https://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/28584110/penguins-sign-marcus-pettersson-5-year-extension
Nov. 6, 2020 at 8:55 p.m.
LETS go PENS

Carrier isn’t being carried on your team as healthy scratch man. Good try. I’m done man. You’re right, I’m wrong. Not doing this. You’re saying it’s such a huge salary cap hit and difference w/out knowing what a 1st round pick, 15th overall, is gonna even get paid?? What r u even doing? Saying to add up the 20k and 30K I rounded down. It’s not the huge difference you made it out to be!! Jesus Christ, just admit u made a mistake. What a joke? I’m done man, this will be my last comment. Good luck man. Hope Nashville does well this year!!
Nov. 6, 2020 at 8:58 p.m.
Quoting: Dpellz90
McCann, Pettersson, and the 2nd rounder are all individually worth more than anything the Penguins get in this deal.

Obviously a lot of Pens fans here are high on Petterson, and there are conflicting opinions on Kunin (I think Poile overpaid for him, but he's worth more than a late 2nd). I think you're selling Jarnkrok short, and I don't get the McCann love at all. He's an adequate 3rd liner who makes a little too much for my liking. Maybe he looks better in Pittsburgh, where they have more offensive depth to surround him with. Put him on a team with less upfront like NSH, and he'll be Rob Brown without Lemieux again, like he's been everywhere else he's played.
Nov. 6, 2020 at 9:10 p.m.
I’m done man. Good luck. Google it, I don’t know what to tell u. The 1st article that came up.

https://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/28584110/penguins-sign-marcus-pettersson-5-year-extension

Ok, here's the article you linked to:
Marcus Pettersson is sticking with the Pittsburgh Penguins.
The 23-year-old defenseman agreed to a five-year contract extension on Tuesday that runs through the 2024-25 season. The deal carries an average annual value of just over $4 million.

Pittsburgh acquired Pettersson in a December 2018 trade that sent forward Daniel Sprong to Anaheim. Pettersson has become one of the steadiest players on the Penguins' blue line over the past 13 months. He has one goal and 14 assists in 50 games this season with a plus-4 rating. He also ranks fourth on the team in hits (78) and blocked shots (57).

"In just over a year, Marcus has had a significant impact on our defensive group," Pittsburgh general manager Jim Rutherford said in a statement. "He is young, reliable and smart, which is important in today's game. Marcus is part of our young core and it was important to get him signed long-term."

Pettersson is also durable. Last season he became the 11th player since 1994 to appear in 84 games, an achievement he reached due to the timing of the trade that brought him to the Penguins. He has not missed a game yet this season.

The Penguins, who currently are in second place in the Metropolitan Division behind Washington, return to play on Friday night against Philadelphia.

At what point is there ANY mention of what a league best bargain he is? No one else is making that claim, other than you
Carrier isn’t being carried on your team as healthy scratch man. Good try. I’m done man. You’re right, I’m wrong. Not doing this. You’re saying it’s such a huge salary cap hit and difference w/out knowing what a 1st round pick, 15th overall, is gonna even get paid?? What r u even doing? Saying to add up the 20k and 30K I rounded down. It’s not the huge difference you made it out to be!! Jesus Christ, just admit u made a mistake. What a joke? I’m done man, this will be my last comment. Good luck man. Hope Nashville does well this year!!

Carrier is pencilled in as one of NSH's healthy scratches though. Tinordi too probably, as the Preds prefer to have two spare defensemen and one spare forward. I don't know why you're digging your heels in trying to prove you think you know the Predators better than a fan who follows then religiously. I don't assume to know more about the Pens than any of there fans on here. It was a bad proposal for NSH, and clearly PIT fans don't like it either. Don't take it all so personally, and move on please.
Nov. 6, 2020 at 9:12 p.m.
LETS go PENS
Obviously a lot of Pens fans here are high on Petterson, and there are conflicting opinions on Kunin (I think Poile overpaid for him, but he's worth more than a late 2nd). I think you're selling Jarnkrok short, and I don't get the McCann love at all. He's an adequate 3rd liner who makes a little too much for my liking. Maybe he looks better in Pittsburgh, where they have more offensive depth to surround him with. Put him on a team with less upfront like NSH, and he'll be Rob Brown without Lemieux again, like he's been everywhere else he's played.

Told you, you have no clue who are players are and most of our fans have no clue who any west coast teams are and their players are. You can’t just look at their stats and tell everything about the player. It doesn’t work like that in Hockey. Acting like u know McCann and never seen him play a game.

By the way, he’s due a raise at years end and will get it. He’s not making enough..lol. That just proves everything right there

A pens Bleacher report just did an article on our top 25 under 25, McCann was the 4th player man. He has 30 goal a season potential.
Nov. 6, 2020 at 9:23 p.m.
LETS go PENS
The 23-year-old defenseman agreed to a five-year contract extension on Tuesday that runs through the 2024-25 season. The deal carries an average annual value of just over $4 million.

Pittsburgh acquired Pettersson in a December 2018 trade that sent forward Daniel Sprong to Anaheim. Pettersson has become one of the steadiest players on the Penguins' blue line over the past 13 months. He has one goal and 14 assists in 50 games this season with a plus-4 rating. He also ranks fourth on the team in hits (78) and blocked shots (57).

"In just over a year, Marcus has had a significant impact on our defensive group," Pittsburgh general manager Jim Rutherford said in a statement. "He is young, reliable and smart, which is important in today's game. Marcus is part of our young core and it was important to get him signed long-term."

Pettersson is also durable. Last season he became the 11th player since 1994 to appear in 84 games, an achievement he reached due to the timing of the trade that brought him to the Penguins. He has not missed a game yet this season.

The Penguins, who currently are in second place in the Metropolitan Division behind Washington, return to play on Friday night against Philadelphia.

At what point is there ANY mention of what a league best bargain he is? No one else is making that claim, other than you

Carrier is pencilled in as one of NSH's healthy scratches though. Tinordi too probably, as the Preds prefer to have two spare defensemen and one spare forward. I don't know why you're digging your heels in trying to prove you think you know the Predators better than a fan who follows then religiously. I don't assume to know more about the Pens than any of there fans on here. It was a bad proposal for NSH, and clearly PIT fans don't like it either. Don't take it all so personally, and move on please.

Where??

https://www.capfriendly.com/depth-charts/predators

He is definitely not.
Nov. 6, 2020 at 9:39 p.m.
LETS go PENS
Edited Nov. 6, 2020 at 9:49 p.m.
The 23-year-old defenseman agreed to a five-year
contract extension on Tuesday that runs through the 2024-25 season. The deal carries an average annual value of just over $4 million.

https://thehockeywriters.com/penguins-pettersson-extension-security-value/

Here man, like I said, That EsPN article was the 1st article I came across. You have to actually look through acouple articles, I’m not doing it, I’ve already read them all. If u keep reading through acouple, u will Find articles and quotes saying it great value for pittsburgh a top 4 D. Compared to other contracts in the NHL of top 4 D that are 23 years old it’s good value. Pens locked up their top 4 D now for multiple years

Nov. 6, 2020 at 9:44 p.m.
LETS go PENS
!!
Nov. 6, 2020 at 9:48 p.m.
Told you, you have no clue who are players are and most of our fans have no clue who any west coast teams are and their players are. You can’t just look at their stats and tell everything about the player. It doesn’t work like that in Hockey. Acting like u know McCann and never seen him play a game.

By the way, he’s due a raise at years end and will get it. He’s not making enough..lol. That just proves everything right there

A pens Bleacher report just did an article on our top 25 under 25, McCann was the 4th player man. He has 30 goal a season potential.

I've seen plenty of McCann over his career. Yes, he had a career best regular season, but he still didn't get halfway to 30 goals. For your sake I hope you're right about his potential, but I wouldn't bet on it. 20 goals could be possible, with the right linemates and match ups though.

I checked out Bleacher report. That Top 25 list is only up to #11 as of today. No mention of McCann yet. Even if he is at #4, so what? Pittsburgh has about the worst under 25 depth in the league. Being that high on the list says more about PIT's shallow prospect pool, than it does about McCann's talent. He's not due a raise at year's end either. He just signed his current contract this off-season. I'd honestly like to have a civil debate, but it feels like you're just intentionally trolling to waste my time, at this point.

I know this CapFriendly depth chart may look confusing at first, but he's there. First name listed in the minor league defensemen section. So 8th on the depth chart, according to CF. As I mentioned previously, NSH typically carries an 8th defenseman instead of a 14th forward. Most Preds fans on these boards agree Carrier is ahead of Tinordi on the depth chart though. Tinordi brought some size to last season's lineup, but with Boroweicki signed, Tinordi slides further down. Still could be one of the extra skaters, but back to Milwaukee makes more sense for him. He's the Admirals' captain, and the farm team lost a good chunk of their other vets from last year. Regardless, this depth chart is an unofficial, off-season list, and not next season's lineup card. And Carrier is still easier to find on it than a quote from anyone claiming Petterson has one of the best contracts in the league.
Nov. 6, 2020 at 9:50 p.m.
LETS go PENS
McCann hasn’t played a full season man. He’s only 24.
mhockey91 liked this.
Nov. 6, 2020 at 9:57 p.m.

Here man, like I said, That EsPN article was the 1st article I came across. You have to actually look through acouple articles, I’m not doing it, I’ve already read them all. If u keep reading through acouple, u will Find articles and quotes saying it great value for pittsburgh a top 4 D. Compared to other contracts in the NHL of top 4 D that are 23 years old it’s good value. Pens locked up their top 4 D now for multiple years

Maybe you should re-read the things you post, before claiming they prove your claims. Here's what they say about Pettersson's contract from the blog you provided:

"At first glance, the roughly $4.025 million AAV for Pettersson may seem a bit high, but it makes sense for an established top-four defenseman, especially one as young as him."

and

"With a cap hit percentage under five percent of the league’s current salary cap, Pettersson’s new contract looks to be a solid signing for the Penguins"

Seems a bit high, but it's not that bad. Looks like it could be a solid signing. That's not praise, that's a participation trophy.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll