Forums/Armchair-GM

Trade to Nashville and sign Sami Vatanen

Created by: HockeyTownUSA69
Team: 2020-21 Pittsburgh Penguins
Initial Creation Date: Nov. 6, 2020
Published: Nov. 6, 2020
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Bulk up our 3rd line. Get some youth back in L.Kunin and A.Carrier. I think we are better Defensively if we sign Sami Vatanen and let P-O-Joseph come up and play on our third paring D. And have A.Carrier and Riikola both as young Depth options.

I think M.Pettersson and J.McCann is fair for Kunin(rights) and C.Jarnkrok. And I think T.Blueger and a 2nd round pick is fair for Cousins and A.Carrier.
Free Agent Signings
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
3$3,500,000
UFAYEARSCAP HIT
2$3,250,000
Trades
PIT
  1. Carrier, Alexandre
  2. Cousins, Nick
  3. Järnkrok, Calle
  4. Kunin, Luke [RFA Rights]
Additional Details:
I know Nashville just signed Cousins this summer. But I wish the Pens did.lol!!
Buyouts
Retained Salary Transactions
Buried
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the WSH
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
23$81,500,000$77,963,333$0$1,062,500$3,536,667
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Pittsburgh Penguins
$5,500,000$5,500,000
LW, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$8,700,000$8,700,000
C
NMC
UFA - 5
$3,200,000$3,200,000
RW
UFA - 2
$4,500,000$4,500,000
LW, RW
UFA - 4
$9,500,000$9,500,000
C
NMC
UFA - 2
$3,500,000$3,500,000
RW, LW
UFA - 2
Logo of the Nashville Predators
$1,500,000$1,500,000
LW, C
UFA - 2
$1,000,000$1,000,000
RW, C, LW
UFA - 2
$3,500,000$3,500,000
RW, C
RFA - 2
$3,500,000$3,500,000
LW, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 5
$700,000$700,000
C, LW
UFA - 1
$700,000$700,000
LW, C
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$4,100,000$4,100,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$7,250,000$7,250,000
RD
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 2
$3,500,000$3,500,000
G
UFA - 3
$4,875,000$4,875,000
LD
UFA - 6
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
RD
UFA - 1
$1,250,000$1,250,000
G
UFA - 2
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$212,500$212K)
LD
RFA - 2
$3,250,000$3,250,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$733,333$733,333
RD
UFA - 3
$1,000,000$1,000,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$1,150,000$1,150,000
LD
UFA - 2
$750,000$750,000
RW, C, LW
UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Nov. 6, 2020 at 9:59 p.m.
Quoting: HockeyTownUSA69
McCann hasn’t played a full season man. He’s only 24.

He's had six seasons in the league. He hasn't played a full season because he isn't good enough to be in the lineup every night. He didn't get scratched in the postseason because he's too good and it wouldn't be fair to the other team.
Nov. 6, 2020 at 10:02 p.m.
LETS go PENS
Quoting: gmgb
I've seen plenty of McCann over his career. Yes, he had a career best regular season, but he still didn't get halfway to 30 goals. For your sake I hope you're right about his potential, but I wouldn't bet on it. 20 goals could be possible, with the right linemates and match ups though.

I checked out Bleacher report. That Top 25 list is only up to #11 as of today. No mention of McCann yet. Even if he is at #4, so what? Pittsburgh has about the worst under 25 depth in the league. Being that high on the list says more about PIT's shallow prospect pool, than it does about McCann's talent. He's not due a raise at year's end either. He just signed his current contract this off-season. I'd honestly like to have a civil debate, but it feels like you're just intentionally trolling to waste my time, at this point.

I know this CapFriendly depth chart may look confusing at first, but he's there. First name listed in the minor league defensemen section. So 8th on the depth chart, according to CF. As I mentioned previously, NSH typically carries an 8th defenseman instead of a 14th forward. Most Preds fans on these boards agree Carrier is ahead of Tinordi on the depth chart though. Tinordi brought some size to last season's lineup, but with Boroweicki signed, Tinordi slides further down. Still could be one of the extra skaters, but back to Milwaukee makes more sense for him. He's the Admirals' captain, and the farm team lost a good chunk of their other vets from last year. Regardless, this depth chart is an unofficial, off-season list, and not next season's lineup card. And Carrier is still easier to find on it than a quote from anyone claiming Petterson has one of the best contracts in the league.

Dude your telling me this huge cap difference and you have no idea what one player is even signing for. Telling me to add 20k and 30k In. That every bit counts. That I rounded down. When it’s not there. It’s not a huge cap difference. And we’ll see who the healthy scratch’s will be this year. If they carry 7th-8th defender. It’ll be Harpur and Tinordi.

And the Pens Minors system on cap friendly doesn’t work likethat. the next player down in the minors has nothing to do with the next player being called up for the Pens depth Charts? The minors are mostly in order of when they were drafted. Go over to the right all the way..it’s usually in order of their draft place.

I posted an article from hockey writers saying “security”, “value” and gives example of another contract and says Pens got a good deal compared to other NHL contracts. Keep reading man, I’m not going and reading them all
again. I know articles have those quotes.
Nov. 6, 2020 at 10:08 p.m.
LETS go PENS
Edited Nov. 6, 2020 at 10:25 p.m.
He's had six seasons in the league. He hasn't played a full season because he isn't good enough to be in the lineup every night. He didn't get scratched in the postseason because he's too good and it wouldn't be fair to the other team.

Not every player plays at 18-19-20-21 years old man. His 1st full year was last year at 23 years old. His 1st seasons at 18 and 19. When most players are still
Playing in the AHL or overseas still, u know?? He was up playing in the NHL. Being a replacement for injuries and when the team needed a jolt. Cause at 18 and 19 years and not being a huge body. That’s pretty impressive to have any games logged in the NHL. 1st full season last year at 23 years old. Great. Good trajectory!! On his way to 25-30 goals this year in 80-82 games. At 24 years old!!

So playing in the NHL at 18 and 19 years old. At only 6’1, 185 right now. I wonder why he didn’ t play every game. He must suck. 18-19 year old kid can’t even play against NHL players. Worthless!!

He’s played 6 seasons can’t even play a full year. You forget he’s 24..lol..that was 18-19 year kid playing 60 games in the NHL. Where’s P.Tomasino?? He’s 19 and can’t even play 1 game in the NHL..lol. By this age, McCann already has 2 full
Seasons according to
U..!! Lol. Get. Rid of that Tomasino!! No good!!
mhockey91 liked this.
Nov. 6, 2020 at 10:25 p.m.
Dude your telling me this huge cap difference and you have no idea what one player is even signing for. Telling me to add 20k and 30k In. That every bit counts. That I rounded down. When it’s not there. It’s not a huge cap difference. And we’ll see who the healthy scratch’s will be this year. If they carry 7th-8th defender. It’ll be Harpur and Tinordi.

And the Pens Minors system on cap friendly doesn’t work likethat. the next player down in the minors has nothing to do with the next player being called up for the Pens depth Charts? The minors are mostly in order of when they were drafted. Go over to the right all the way..it’s usually in order of their draft place.

I posted an article from hockey writers saying “security”, “value” and gives example of another contract and says Pens got a good deal compared to other NHL contracts. Keep reading man, I’m not going and reading them all
again. I know articles have those quotes.

Again with the cap stuff? I showed my work on that. NSH takes on over $1.6M in your proposal (assuming $2.5M for Kunin. Admittedly, it we don't know for certain yet, but that seems a reasonable ballpark). It's not a 20-30K difference. I know counting things has proven challenging in Pennsylvania of late, but I only have so much patience.

Harpur would definitely be a surprise as the 8th defenseman. Even if he is though, then his salary counts against NSH's cap, like any other player's would. You still have to account for an equal number of players and roster spots, when comparing the salaries in a proposal like this.

The Pens system doesn't seem to be in order of when they were drafted, but it's not any sort of official team document, so I wouldn't stress about it much. Regardless, Carrier makes the most sense as NSH's #7, with the current roster.

Finally, you've been claiming everyone heralds Pettersson's contract as one of the best bargains in the league. No one is saying that. You've provided a few instances where people said it's solid. That's not the same thing at all. And even if it does provide solid value for a 2nd line defenseman in PIT, that doesn't mean it's solid value in NSH, where he'd be on the 3rd pair for a year before SEA takes him. If anything NSH should be looking to trade away a top four defenseman before the expansion draft, not add a 5th guy who needs protection.
Nov. 6, 2020 at 10:35 p.m.
LETS go PENS
Again with the cap stuff? I showed my work on that. NSH takes on over $1.6M in your proposal (assuming $2.5M for Kunin. Admittedly, it we don't know for certain yet, but that seems a reasonable ballpark). It's not a 20-30K difference. I know counting things has proven challenging in Pennsylvania of late, but I only have so much patience.

Harpur would definitely be a surprise as the 8th defenseman. Even if he is though, then his salary counts against NSH's cap, like any other player's would. You still have to account for an equal number of players and roster spots, when comparing the salaries in a proposal like this.

The Pens system doesn't seem to be in order of when they were drafted, but it's not any sort of official team document, so I wouldn't stress about it much. Regardless, Carrier makes the most sense as NSH's #7, with the current roster.

Finally, you've been claiming everyone heralds Pettersson's contract as one of the best bargains in the league. No one is saying that. You've provided a few instances where people said it's solid. That's not the same thing at all. And even if it does provide solid value for a 2nd line defenseman in PIT, that doesn't mean it's solid value in NSH, where he'd be on the 3rd pair for a year before SEA takes him. If anything NSH should be looking to trade away a top four defenseman before the expansion draft, not add a 5th guy who needs protection.

Huge cap difference u said. It’s 1M-1.5M. U said I rounded down? Can u not read? That’s were the 20k and 30k comes from. U said every bit counts. U round McCann and Pettersson down. McCann I said 2.9M. He makes 2,920,000. 20K..get it!? And Peterson makes 4M I said. He makes 4,030,000M. 30K?? Get it. You’re trying so hard to prove a big cap difference you are telling me I rounded and forgot the 20k and 30k..lol. Hope that explains it, I know it’s hard.

And like I said 10 fu**ing Million times. Keep reading. I’m not re-reading all the articles. I know the quotes are in there saying it’s gonna prove to be a great contract. And top contract on every 31 teams. Pettersson was ours. Which mean’s hes a top contract in the NHL. I’m not gonna keep going through and searching and rereading articles I already read. I know the quotes and comparisons are there. I know what’s in them already. I gave u 2 articles from the 1st page of google that just about prove what I said.
Nov. 6, 2020 at 10:37 p.m.
Not every player plays at 18-19-20-21 years old man. His 1st full year was last year at 23 years old. His 1st seasons at 18 and 19. When most players are still
Playing in the AHL or overseas still, u know?? He was up playing in the NHL. Being a replacement for injuries and when the team needed a jolt. Cause at 18 and 19 years and not being a huge body. That’s pretty impressive to have any games logged in the NHL. 1st full season last year at 23 years old. Great. Good trajectory!! On his way to 25-30 goals this year in 80-82 games. At 24 years old!!

So playing in the NHL at 18 and 19 years old. At only 6’1, 185 right now. I wonder why he didn’ t play every game. He must suck. 18-19 year old kid can’t even play against NHL players. Worthless!!

He’s played 6 seasons can’t even play a full year. You forget he’s 24..lol..that was 18-19 year kid playing 60 games in the NHL. Where’s P.Tomasino?? He’s 19 and can’t even play 1 game in the NHL..lol. By this age, McCann already has 2 full
Seasons according to

McCann has played over 300 games over 6 NHL seasons. That's longer than most NHL careers last, I think there's enough evidence out there to judge what kind of player he is. He may not have fully peaked yet, but expecting 30 goal seasons from him moving forward is not remotely realistic.

I don't really get where you're going on that Tomasino rant at the end. Maybe get someone to help you proofread it, and give it another shot? TBH, most of this last post of yours is pretty incoherent, but it makes less sense as it goes on. I honestly can't even tell what points you're failing to make this time.
Nov. 6, 2020 at 10:41 p.m.
LETS go PENS

Seasons according to
Nov. 6, 2020 at 10:45 p.m.
LETS go PENS
McCann has played over 300 games over 6 NHL seasons. That's longer than most NHL careers last, I think there's enough evidence out there to judge what kind of player he is. He may not have fully peaked yet, but expecting 30 goal seasons from him moving forward is not remotely realistic.

I don't really get where you're going on that Tomasino rant at the end. Maybe get someone to help you proofread it, and give it another shot? TBH, most of this last post of yours is pretty incoherent, but it makes less sense as it goes on. I honestly can't even tell what points you're failing to make this time.

Dumb dumb, u can’t read? Tomasino must be real bad. According to you McCann played 6 full seasons. He’s 24. So he started at 18 years old, playing in the NHL. Right dumby?? Get it?? So Tomasino being 19 years old and not playing in one NHL game, must really suck!!

I’m Not writing anyone. You don’t even read it. Or u can’t read. Or can’t comprehend? Don’t u understand McCann was a kid playing at 18-19 u f**cking re**tard.
Nov. 6, 2020 at 10:47 p.m.
And like I said 10 fu**ing Million times. Keep reading. I’m not re-reading all the articles. I know the quotes are in there saying it’s gonna prove to be a great contract. And top contract on every 31 teams. Pattersson was ours. I’m not gonna keep going through and searching and rereading articles I least read. I know the quotes and comparisons are there. I gave u 2 articles from the 1st page of google that just about prove what I said.

Unlike you, I took the time to read the links you've provided. None of them say anything other than it's a fine deal. Once again, NO ONE ELSE IS SAYING IT'S ONE OF THE BEST CONTRACTS IN THE LEAGUE. You're the only one who claimed that, and none of your "evidence" backs that up. Maybe you had a dream where you read something like that, but in real life not even Pettersson's mom thinks that. I can't tell if you've had too much to drink, or you're up way past your bedtime, but please take a break from this. I can't tell if you're an 80 year old, or an eight year old by your posts, but it doesn't seem likely you're anywhere in between. Rational adults can reason much better than this.
Nov. 6, 2020 at 10:48 p.m.
LETS go PENS

Nov. 6, 2020 at 10:50 p.m.
LETS go PENS
Unlike you, I took the time to read the links you've provided. None of them say anything other than it's a fine deal. Once again, NO ONE ELSE IS SAYING IT'S ONE OF THE BEST CONTRACTS IN THE LEAGUE. You're the only one who claimed that, and none of your "evidence" backs that up. Maybe you had a dream where you read something like that, but in real life not even Pettersson's mom thinks that. I can't tell if you've had too much to drink, or you're up way past your bedtime, but please take a break from this. I can't tell if you're an 80 year old, or an eight year old by your posts, but it doesn't seem likely you're anywhere in between. Rational adults can reason much better than this.

Yep, U f**king loser!!
Nov. 6, 2020 at 10:54 p.m.
LETS go PENS
Huge cap difference u said. It’s 1M-1.5M. U said I rounded down? Can u not read? That’s were the 20k and 30k comes from. U said every bit counts. U round McCann and Pettersson down. McCann I said 2.9M. He makes 2,920,000. 20K..get it!? And Peterson makes 4M I said. He makes 4,030,000M. 30K?? Get it. You’re trying so hard to prove a big cap difference you are telling me I rounded and forgot the 20k and 30k..lol. Hope that explains it, I know it’s hard.

And like I said 10 fu**ing Million times. Keep reading. I’m not re-reading all the articles. I know the quotes are in there saying it’s gonna prove to be a great contract. And top contract on every 31 teams. Pettersson was ours. Which mean’s hes a top contract in the NHL. I’m not gonna keep going through and searching and rereading articles I already read. I know the quotes and comparisons are there. I know what’s in them already. I gave u 2 articles from the 1st page of google that just about prove what I said.
Nov. 6, 2020 at 10:54 p.m.
Dumb dumb, u can’t read? Tomasino must be real bad. According to you McCann played 6 full seasons. He’s 24. So he started at 18 years old, playing in the NHL. Right dumby?? Get it?? So Tomasino being 19 years old and not playing in one NHL game, must really suck!!

I’m Not writing anyone. You don’t even read it. Or u can’t read. Or can’t comprehend? Don’t u understand McCann was a kid playing at 18-19 u f**cking re**tard.

Yeah, definitely a child then. You can't back up any of your claims, you refuse to listen to the other side, and now you're throwing a tantrum because you don't have the emotional maturity to accept being challenged. I tried to be civil. It's a shame you can't do the same.
Nov. 7, 2020 at 1:50 a.m.
Retired V2 V3 GM
I don't like the trade but I would love to see them sign Vatanen!!
HockeyTownUSA69 liked this.
Nov. 7, 2020 at 3:22 p.m.
Good Opinion Haver
Did u not read anything on McCann this year..?or this summer?? After last year..?? He’s not playing center. He’s better suited for winger. Every quote, every article, says McCann is a scorer, has a great shot, and good defensively. Better suited for LW. He’s not a playmaker that can carry a line. Like 0 points in our play-off series last year playing 3rd line Center. He’s a scorer, a winger. Janko will be our 3rd line center with McCann on the wing if our roster stays the same. They also gave up on McCann as a center

I mean I've read stuff that goes through the Pens depth chart and lists Jankowski as their 3C, but I can almost assuredly say that's not going to go well for the Penguins and they won't stick with it long. Jankowski have never played that number of minutes and hasn't been an NHL regular for some time. I really see Jankowski as a redundant player to Blueger.. Great shutdown, hurts the offense. Unless you're content with only two lines producing offense, I don't know that you want a Jankowski-Blueger middle six. I also wouldn't put too much (or any!) stock in what happened in the playoffs this year, for all teams, but especially Pittsburgh who had a very small sample size to go on. McCann is great when he has the puck, the problem is that he doesn't have the puck very often. You throw a winger that has solid Corsi For with him and I think he'll stick at 3C fine.

IMO, the best Pittsburgh starting lineup with what they have looks like:

Guentzal - Crosby - Rust
Zucker - Malkin - Kapanen
Poulin - McCann - Scevior
Aston-Reese - Blueger - Tanev

Rodrigues and Lafferty/Jankowski are your scratches. I actually think this is a pretty strong forward crew, assuming Poulin is an impact player.

Would have been better with Cousins and Hornqvist instead of Scevior and Kapanen but what can you do. At least they save cap.
Nov. 7, 2020 at 4:51 p.m.
Quoting: TheEarthmaster
Cousins was the 3C for Vegas all year so I'm not sure what you're getting at. It's close but Cousins provides more value for his cap hit. Not saying McCann is bad. But there is no metric to indicate he "smokes" Cousins. There's also a realistic argument to be made that McCann overperformed this year.

Glad to know you don't care though! If you decide to care, here is some proof: https://imgur.com/a/EFxuGIu

Cousins was the 3C for Vegas all year so I'm not sure what you're getting at. It's close but Cousins provides more value for his cap hit. Not saying McCann is bad. But there is no metric to indicate he "smokes" Cousins. There's also a realistic argument to be made that McCann overperformed this year.

Glad to know you don't care though! If you decide to care, here is some proof: https://imgur.com/a/EFxuGIu

This assumes that Blueger is the superior 4C which I would say is not true

Blueger is great defensively. Elite, I would say. He actively hurts your offense. If you have the opportunity to upgrade to a guy who is above average at everything (which Cousins is!) even if that "above average" defense is less than elite, you do it. Forwards need to be good at driving offense. Blueger is abysmal at this.

there could be an argument for Cousins over Bluegar, but not McCann. McCann has had 35 points back to back years, and this year he would've gotten over 40 had it not been for covid. Cousins career high is 27. Not to mention McCann is 24 and still has a bit of room to grow, while Cousins is what he is. He provides more value than Cousins. Also, Cousins spent majority of the season in MTL, not sure where ur getting he was Vegas 3C "all year"...
Nov. 7, 2020 at 4:57 p.m.
Maybe you should re-read the things you post, before claiming they prove your claims. Here's what they say about Pettersson's contract from the blog you provided:

"At first glance, the roughly $4.025 million AAV for Pettersson may seem a bit high, but it makes sense for an established top-four defenseman, especially one as young as him."

and

"With a cap hit percentage under five percent of the league’s current salary cap, Pettersson’s new contract looks to be a solid signing for the Penguins"

Seems a bit high, but it's not that bad. Looks like it could be a solid signing. That's not praise, that's a participation trophy.

I agree petterson doesn't have one of the best contract in the NHL, but its definitely very solid. It's a B contract. He's worth every penny of it, but its not exactly a steal
gmgb and HockeyTownUSA69 liked this.
Nov. 7, 2020 at 4:58 p.m.

McCann IS good enough to be in the lineup every night. he should be a 35-45 point player who can play C and LW. He wasn't in the lineup because of a poor decision by Mike Sullivan. McCann's extension wasn't an overpay at all. Hes a very underrated player
Nov. 7, 2020 at 5:03 p.m.
Quoting: mhockey91
I agree petterson doesn't have one of the best contract in the NHL, but its definitely very solid. It's a B contract. He's worth every penny of it, but its not exactly a steal

Yeah, I totally agree it's fair and all, there's just nothing special or really good about it. Solid perfectly describes it.
Nov. 7, 2020 at 5:06 p.m.
McCann IS good enough to be in the lineup every night. he should be a 35-45 point player who can play C and LW. He wasn't in the lineup because of a poor decision by Mike Sullivan. McCann's extension wasn't an overpay at all. Hes a very underrated player

With the right linemates I think he's fine, but I can't see him ever carrying his line. Even if it's just the 3rd line.
Nov. 7, 2020 at 5:09 p.m.
With the right linemates I think he's fine, but I can't see him ever carrying his line. Even if it's just the 3rd line.

if pens add Haula this offseason as a last minute bargain add, and there is a third line of:
McCann-Haula-Tanev
it would be reasonable to assume McCann can get at least in the 35-45 point range again.

McCann was actually very productive this year as our 2C because Crosby was injured. He did well in that role, especially with all the injuries of players in and out of the lineup. His production dropped later in the season when sid came back and pens went on that massive cold streak
Nov. 7, 2020 at 8:14 p.m.
LETS go PENS
Edited Nov. 8, 2020 at 12:09 a.m.
I mean I've read stuff that goes through the Pens depth chart and lists Jankowski as their 3C, but I can almost assuredly say that's not going to go well for the Penguins and they won't stick with it long. Jankowski have never played that number of minutes and hasn't been an NHL regular for some time. I really see Jankowski as a redundant player to Blueger.. Great shutdown, hurts the offense. Unless you're content with only two lines producing offense, I don't know that you want a Jankowski-Blueger middle six. I also wouldn't put too much (or any!) stock in what happened in the playoffs this year, for all teams, but especially Pittsburgh who had a very small sample size to go on. McCann is great when he has the puck, the problem is that he doesn't have the puck very often. You throw a winger that has solid Corsi For with him and I think he'll stick at 3C fine.

IMO, the best Pittsburgh starting lineup with what they have looks like:

Guentzal - Crosby - Rust
Zucker - Malkin - Kapanen
Poulin - McCann - Scevior
Aston-Reese - Blueger - Tanev

Rodrigues and Lafferty/Jankowski are your scratches. I actually think this is a pretty strong forward crew, assuming Poulin is an impact player.

Would have been better with Cousins and Hornqvist instead of Scevior and Kapanen but what can you do. At least they save cap.

Janko is 26 years old, 1st round pedigree, good two-way Center. A lot of Pens fans are sleeping on him. He had 17 goals and 25 points his 1st season, and 14 goals and 32 points his 2nd season. Yes, last year he sh*t the bed. But that’s an easy season to write off(easy year to write-off for everyone..lol). If he had a similar season to his 1st two or just improved a bit. His narrative would be completely different. It would be a recent 1st round pick, 26 years old, coming off his E-L contract and 1st team. Ready for his break-out year!! And maybe just Calgary mis-used him.He would be a sought after free-agent. Instead it’s a show-me contract! Show me u can get back to atleast the production of your first 2 years and last year was a fluke. His 4th season, only 2nd team, good pedigree, I’m excited to see what he can with the Pens!!

Everything I have read after last season, says JR and Sully and every article says McCann is more comfortable as winger. A LW, seeing as he’s a left-handed shot and LW has more defensive responsibilities than RW. He’s a scorer. Great shot!! And good defensively. Not a play-making Center that can carry a line if need be. 20 goal potential. 14 goals last year and 19 goals in 18-19. Like I’ve been saying, and how he has proven my point over and over saying he has 6 seasons in the NHL..lol. He’s 24, and a 22nd pick, and played games in the NHL since 18 years old. At 6’1, 190, not a huge body and still playing in the NHL at 19 years old. I bet every team wishes their 22nd pick in the draft is good enough to play in the NHL at 18. And none were full seasons, playing on a consistent line every night; he’s been used back and forth b/ween a top 6, 1st or 2nd line winger, or 3rd line Center, or 4th line winger from the time he was 18-22 Years old in the NHL, But last year at 23, was his 1st full season having that consistency. And he’s primed for a break-out year. Made all his mistakes and everything as a 18-23 year old kid in the NHL playing against NHL players, and now he gets that consistent 3rd line LW spot and time on the 2nd PP unit all year. Has had 2 back to back 35 point seasons, like u said. Last year 15 goals and 35 points, the year prior, had 19 goals and 35 points. Ready for that 20 plus goal season at just 24 years old!!

And everything from Sully and JR says they want to see and are happy with Janko as their 3rd line Center. I agree with you though, if they sign Haula, he’s defiantly a better scorer and play-maker than Janko. But like I said, I’m as interested in 26 year old Janko and his potential as JR and Sully are. I think with Haula, u know what u are getting, will be his 5th team in 8 years. But yes, he’s a proven 3rd line Center and would be much more capable of moving to that 1st/2nd line Center if Crosby or Malkin miss any time.

Personally, I would much rather see The Granlund signing though. I think Nashville Mis-used him the last 2 years with their defensive style. And then have the 3rd line of McCann/Janko/Granlund and move Rodrigues down to the 4th line RW until ZAR is back and healthy. And Granlund could move to the 1st/2nd line Center if Crosby/Malkin miss any time!! And Granlund is a year younger than Haula and definitely not as injury prone. Haula hasn't played even half of a season in the last 4 years. But yes, a more proven 3rd line Center than Janko!! And if it’s a cheap deal, I can’t see the downside. But still not the 67-69 point seasons Granlund has had. And like I said, Granlund is 29 and not injury prone, has played 7 full seasons of 68games a year plus. Haula is 30 and is very injury prone. Has only played 4 full seasons out of 9.
mhockey91 liked this.
Nov. 7, 2020 at 8:53 p.m.
Janko is 26 years old, 1st round pedigree, good two-way Center. A lot of Pens fans are sleeping on him. He had 17 goals and 25 points his 1st season, and 14 goals and 32 points his 2nd season. Yes, last year he sh*t the bed. But that’s an easy season to write off(easy year to write-off for everyone..lol). If he had a similar season to his 1st two or just improved a bit. His narrative would be completely different. It would be a recent 1st round pick, 26 years old, coming off his E-L contract and 1st team. Ready for his break-out year!! And maybe just Calgary mis-used him.He would be a sought after free-agent. Instead it’s a show-me contract! Show me u can get back to atleast the production of your first 2 years and last year was a fluke. His 4th season, only 2nd team, good pedigree, I’m excited to see what he can with the Pens!!

Everything I have read after last season, says JR and Sully and every article says McCann is more comfortable as winger. A LW, seeing as he’s a left-handed shot and LW has more defensive responsibilities than RW. He’s a scorer. Great shot!! And good defensively. Not a play-making Center that can carry a line if need be. 20 goal potential. 14 goals last year and 19 goals in 18-19. Like I’ve been saying, and how he has proven my point over and over saying he has 6 seasons in the NHL..lol. He’s 24, and a 22nd pick, and played games in the NHL since 18 years old. At 6’1, 190, not a huge body and still playing in the NHL at 19 years old. I bet every team wishes their 22nd pick in the draft is good enough to play in the NHL at 18. And none were full seasons, playing on a consistent line every night; he’s been used back and forth b/ween a top 6, 1st or 2nd line winger, or 3rd line Center, or 4th line winger from the time he was 18-22 in the NHL, But last year at 23, was his 1st full season having that consistency. And he’s primed for a break-out year. Made all his mistakes and everything as a 18-23 year old kid in the NHL playing against NHL players, and now he gets that consistent 3rd line LW spot and time on the 2nd PP unit all year. Has had 2 back to back 35 point seasons, like u said. Last year 15 goals and 35 points, the year prior, had 19 goals and 35 points. Ready for that 20 plus goal season at just 24 years old!!

And everything from Sully and JR says they want to see and are happy with Janko as their 3rd line Center. I agree with you though, if they sign Haula, he’s defiantly a better scorer and play-maker than Janko. But like I said, I’m as interested in 26 year old Janko and his potential as JR and Sully are. I think with Haula, u know what u are getting, will be his 5th team in 8 years. But yes, he’s a proven 3rd line Center and would be much more capable of moving to that 1st/2nd line Center if Crosby or Malkin miss any time.

Personally, I would much rather see The Granlund signing though. And have the 3rd line of McCann/Janko/Granlund and move Rodrigues down to the 4th line RW until ZAR is back and healthy. And Granlund could move to the 1st/2nd line Center if Crosby/Malkin miss any time!! And Granlund is a year younger than Haula and definitely not as injury prone. Haula hasn't played even half of a season in the last 4 years. But yes, a more proven 3rd line Center than Janko!! And if it’s a cheap deal, I can’t see the downside. But still not the 67-69 point seasons Granlund has had. And like I said, Granlund is 29 and not injury prone, has played 7 full seasons of 68games a year plus. Haula is 30 and is very injury prone. Has only played 4 full seasons out of 9.

I fully support either a Haula or Granlund signing.
Nov. 7, 2020 at 9:21 p.m.
LETS go PENS
I fully support either a Haula or Granlund signing.

Agreed!! Even C.Wilson!!(another Nashville guy..lol). Although, you can see and read my thoughts on Janko, I’m much higher on him than many Pens fans. And I think it’s warranted too and u can read why in my last post!! But also like I said, who will play 2nd line Center if Crosby/Malkin miss time..?? Janko definitely isn’t a 2nd line Center. And like JR and Sully, I want to see McCann with a full, stable, consistent year playing just the LW. And just worry about putting the puck in the net on offense like he’s good at. Get that 19 goal year and 14 goal year up to 20 plus goals. And yes, last year he would have had more than 35 points and probably had another 19 goal season instead of 14 if it wasn’t a crazy year. So we do need that player like Granlund/Haula/C.Wilson to slide up to that 2nd line Center Incase Crosby/Malkin miss any time!!
mhockey91 liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll