Forums/Armchair-GM

Pens Leafs trade

Created by: HockeyTownUSA69
Team: 2020-21 Pittsburgh Penguins
Initial Creation Date: Nov. 9, 2020
Published: Nov. 9, 2020
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Toronto gets Blueger, a 25 year old Forward, who already had Zelke votes last year. They need the defensive help. He plays multiple positions and can score too. Only makes 750K. And they get Riikola, who plays both LD/RD equally well. Seeing as they like their Russians..lol. He Came over from Russia as a 25 year old prospect. Played well, even played wing last year for the Pens. The Pens rewarded him this year with the 1.1M contract for 2 years. And get the 3rd round pick.

Pens get a 3rd line Center upgrade and have the cap space to take on Kerfoot. Instead of trying to sign Haula or Granlund at a 2M-3M deal, the Pens take on Kerfoot’s contract. He’s younger!! And get T.Liljegren, a RHD, to pair with PO-Joseph in the future.
Free Agent Signings
CREATEDYEARSCAP HIT
Liljegren, Timothy
2$863,000
Trades
PIT
  1. Kerfoot, Alexander
Additional Details:
T.Liljegren is included in the deal. For some reason ACGM will not let you trade for him right now. But he’s included in the deal with Kerfoot so I created him. He makes 863k per year and is a RFA in 2022.
TOR
  1. Blueger, Teddy
  2. Riikola, Juuso
  3. 2022 3rd round pick (PIT)
Buyouts
Retained Salary Transactions
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the WSH
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
22$81,500,000$79,444,842$0$850,000$2,055,158
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Pittsburgh Penguins
$4,500,000$4,500,000
LW, RW
UFA - 4
$8,700,000$8,700,000
C
NMC
UFA - 5
$3,200,000$3,200,000
RW
UFA - 2
$5,500,000$5,500,000
LW, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$9,500,000$9,500,000
C
NMC
UFA - 2
$3,500,000$3,500,000
RW, LW
UFA - 2
$2,940,000$2,940,000
C, LW
UFA - 2
Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$3,500,000$3,500,000
LW, C, RW
UFA - 3
$1,200,000$1,200,000
RW, C
UFA - 1
$3,500,000$3,500,000
LW, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 5
$700,000$700,000
C, LW
UFA - 1
$700,000$700,000
LW, C
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$4,100,000$4,100,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$7,250,000$7,250,000
RD
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 2
$3,500,000$3,500,000
G
UFA - 3
$4,025,175$4,025,175
LD
UFA - 5
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
RD
UFA - 1
$1,250,000$1,250,000
G
UFA - 2
$4,875,000$4,875,000
LD
UFA - 6
Liljegren, Timothy
$863,000$863,000
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$1,250,000$1,250,000
RD
UFA - 1
$1,000,000$1,000,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$750,000$750,000
RW, C, LW
UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Nov. 9, 2020 at 9:56 p.m.
LETS go PENS
Quoting: Lyle_Bubas
jokes on all of you, matthews is get more selke votes than both marner and blueger next year

And 50 goals!!
chungus liked this.
Nov. 9, 2020 at 9:58 p.m.
LETS go PENS
Ya, leafs fans have been trying to dump Kerfoot like a salary dump!! Lol!!
Nov. 9, 2020 at 10:02 p.m.
LETS go PENS
Quoting: Lyle_Bubas
jokes on all of you, matthews is get more selke votes than both marner and blueger next year

It’s “Zelke”..lol.. I should probably change that in the description..lol. F-ing autocorrect. My old Dr’s name was Zeilke..lol.
chungus liked this.
Nov. 9, 2020 at 10:06 p.m.
Quoting: HockeyTownUSA69
Pens easily say no to Blueger/Rikkola/ and a 3rd for kerfoot.

Quoting: Jamiepo
I might be the leafs fan that is highest on blueger. I was looking at the trade and thinking that is something I might consider but dubas wouldn’t.... then I saw he added liljegren... YIKES!

I easily say yes to that deal tbh. that would be really good for pit. Jano can replace Blueger as our 4C and Kerfoot, while not as good defensively as Blueger, has more offensive upside and would be a great 3C for us.

id love to run a
McCann-Kerfoot-Tanev

third line
HockeyTownUSA69 liked this.
Nov. 9, 2020 at 10:09 p.m.
I bet A lot of Pens fans have different opinions. But ya, I respect your opinion. that’s why I did the trade. Even though Liljegren has lost his shine as a prospects a bit, I still think he’s gonna be a solid NHL D-man.

Blueger, Riikola and a 3rd for Kerfoot, Pens easily say no. The Pens organization thinks highly of Riikola. That’s why they gave him that contract. They think he’s a solid NHL D. That plays, like I said in the description, the LHD and RHD equally as well.

where does Riikola play though? Hes like our 8th D atm.

give me Kerfoot as our 3C and id be more than willing to part with Bleugar+ for him. then again, we should just sign haula for free. CMON GMJR!!!
Nov. 9, 2020 at 10:14 p.m.
LETS go PENS
Edited Nov. 9, 2020 at 10:20 p.m.
Quoting: mhockey91
where does Riikola play though? Hes like our 8th D atm.

give me Kerfoot as our 3C and id be more than willing to part with Bleugar+ for him.

I agree. But I’m telling you. The Pens organization likes him. And thinks he a solid 7th D cause he plays both LHD and RHD just as well. Can slide in for injury on the 2nd or 3rd pairing. They like him.

It takes alittle time to get used to the smaller Ice surface coming over from Russia. Especially a defender. And Riikola has played well both seasons in a limited role. Plus/Minus +3 both years. And you can’t just look a Players stats and know everything. His 7 points last year in 36 games doesn’t tell the whole story. They put him on the 3rd line as a wing when the injury bug hit us last year. He’s skates well and good puck handler, like most all Russians!! And putting him on the wing like that, 3rd line LW no less, to keep the Tanev/Blueger/ZAR Line the same, shows the trust and the ability they think he has as a offensive rushing Defender.
mhockey91 liked this.
Nov. 9, 2020 at 10:19 p.m.
Formerly Jamiepo
Quoting: mhockey91
I easily say yes to that deal tbh. that would be really good for pit. Jano can replace Blueger as our 4C and Kerfoot, while not as good defensively as Blueger, has more offensive upside and would be a great 3C for us.

id love to run a
McCann-Kerfoot-Tanev

third line

You should check the defensive stats on kerfoot. I’m not to sure what blueger numbers are but you certainly can’t hold kerfoots Defensive game against him. It might be the strongest part of his game.
Nov. 9, 2020 at 10:22 p.m.
Formerly Jamiepo
I agree. But I’m telling you. The Pens organization likes him. And thinks he a solid 7th D cause he plays both LHD and RHD just as well. Can slide in for injury on the 2nd or 3rd pairing. They like him.

It takes alittle time to get used to the smaller Ice surface coming over from Russia. Especially a defender. And Riikola has played well both seasons in a limited role. Plus/Minus +3 both years. And you can’t just look a Players stats and know everything. His 7 points last year in 36 games doesn’t tell the whole story. They put him on the 3rd line as a wing when the injury bug hit us last year. He’s skates well and good puck handler, like most all Russians!! And putting him on the wing like that shows the trust and the ability they think he has as a offensive rushing Defender.

Here’s the leafs issue though... defensive depth chart:

Rielly
Muzzin
Brodie
Dermott
Holl
Lehtonen
Bogasian
Sandin
Liljegren
Marincin
Rosen

Who are all nhl ready...

and a list of prospects twice that size that will be trying to prove they are next in line.
Nov. 9, 2020 at 10:23 p.m.
You should check the defensive stats on kerfoot. I’m not to sure what blueger numbers are but you certainly can’t hold kerfoots Defensive game against him. It might be the strongest part of his game.

Blueger is a shutdown beast. thats his primary role. Kerfoot is solid defensively, but hes not gonna be as good as bluegar. the difference is, the gap between Kerfoot and bleugar defensively isnt as large as the gap offensively, which is why id prefer Kerfoot.

but like I said in other posts, id rather just sign haula than anything
Nov. 9, 2020 at 10:24 p.m.
LETS go PENS

https://www.pensburgh.com/2020/8/20/21374889/2019-20-season-in-review-teddy-blueger-penguins-tanev-aston-reese-nhl
mhockey91 liked this.
Nov. 9, 2020 at 10:33 p.m.
LETS go PENS
Edited Nov. 9, 2020 at 11:39 p.m.
Here’s the leafs issue though... defensive depth chart:

Rielly
Muzzin
Brodie
Dermott
Holl
Lehtonen
Bogasian
Sandin
Liljegren
Marincin
Rosen

Who are all nhl ready...

and a list of prospects twice that size that will be trying to prove they are next in line.

Yep, I’m familiar. Marincin and Rosen are depth 7th-8th defenders, organizational depth.

Sandin and Liljegren will play in the AHL this year. But yes, I agree. Both could see time in the NHL for a worse team. Liljegren has lost a little shine as a prospect too.

Lehtonen, although highly touted signing and I’m a fan!! I think he will be good IMO. But really he has never played a NHL game. The smaller ice , although a huge difference, isn’t even the biggest difference in NHL/Russian hockey. Russia is all about speed. It’s a lot easier on Defenders, not as physical or as big of players. And they have more room, bigger Ice, so if u are fast, it’s a huge advantage. And Defenders in Russia don’t use the boards nearly as much as we do in the US. CauE the ice is bigger. They don’t have too. More room to skate and pass around players without using the boards. So the PP and everything is so different for D. Keeping the puck in along the boards, all the time. And all The fighting for the puck along the boards. Not nearly as much of that in Russia. Barely any, it’s just a Different game all 2gether. And Defenders take the most time to adjust.

But with that said, I still think Lehtonen will be good..lol. I don’t know about a top 4 and 18-20 minutes a night good. But maybe the 3rd pairing, Dermott/Lehtonen or Lehtonen/Bogs. And playing 10-14 minutes a night.

And list of prospects twice that Long? Lol?? Sandin and Liljegreen are the only D prospects Toronto has besides Players that were drafted this year or last year. And maybe 2 of them are of significance. Topi N.(2020 draft) and Mikko Kokkenon(drafted 2019). E.Rasanen has very little potential. A “C” prospect. So a list twice as long is a big, big exaggeration buddy!! Lol. But Sandin, Liljegreen, Mikko Kokkenon and Topi are a good young Prospect pool of D.
Nov. 9, 2020 at 11:12 p.m.
LETS go PENS
Edited Nov. 9, 2020 at 11:38 p.m.
!!
Nov. 10, 2020 at 12:07 a.m.
Banned
I'd rather have blueger the cap hit is smaller for good depth.
Nov. 10, 2020 at 12:29 a.m.
Formerly Jamiepo
Yep, I’m familiar. Marincin and Rosen are depth 7th-8th defenders, organizational depth.

Sandin and Liljegren will play in the AHL this year. But yes, I agree. Both could see time in the NHL for a worse team. Liljegren has lost a little shine as a prospect too.

Lehtonen, although highly touted signing and I’m a fan!! I think he will be good IMO. But really he has never played a NHL game. The smaller ice , although a huge difference, isn’t even the biggest difference in NHL/Russian hockey. Russia is all about speed. It’s a lot easier on Defenders, not as physical or as big of players. And they have more room, bigger Ice, so if u are fast, it’s a huge advantage. And Defenders in Russia don’t use the boards nearly as much as we do in the US. CauE the ice is bigger. They don’t have too. More room to skate and pass around players without using the boards. So the PP and everything is so different for D. Keeping the puck in along the boards, all the time. And all The fighting for the puck along the boards. Not nearly as much of that in Russia. Barely any, it’s just a Different game all 2gether. And Defenders take the most time to adjust.

But with that said, I still think Lehtonen will be good..lol. I don’t know about a top 4 and 18-20 minutes a night good. But maybe the 3rd pairing, Dermott/Lehtonen or Lehtonen/Bogs. And playing 10-14 minutes a night.

And list of prospects twice that Long? Lol?? Sandin and Liljegreen are the only D prospects Toronto has besides Players that were drafted this year or last year. And maybe 2 of them are of significance. Topi N.(2020 draft) and Mikko Kokkenon(drafted 2019). E.Rasanen has very little potential. A “C” prospect. So a list twice as long is a big, big exaggeration buddy!! Lol. But Sandin, Liljegreen, Mikko Kokkenon and Topi are a good young Prospect pool of D.

Liljegren is actually quite good. Has changed his game around. Certainly has all the tools to be a top 4 two way guy. When I’m watching him at the nhl level I’m looking more at what he’s doing then actual results. He’s very good at separating players from the puck. The results will come in time with mire confidence.

Leafs non nhl Dmen:

Kivihalme
Kral
Duszak
Hollowell
Rubins
Rasanen
Kokkonen
Greenway
Koster
Loponen
Niemela
Rindell
Villeneuve
Fusco
O’Connell

Dubas has been building a lot of Depth on defence. Never had an issue with depth Dmen. It was always top 4 we were looking to upgrade we seem to have that set for the moment.
Saskleaf liked this.
Nov. 10, 2020 at 12:39 a.m.
LETS go PENS
Edited Nov. 10, 2020 at 12:53 a.m.
Liljegren is actually quite good. Has changed his game around. Certainly has all the tools to be a top 4 two way guy. When I’m watching him at the nhl level I’m looking more at what he’s doing then actual results. He’s very good at separating players from the puck. The results will come in time with mire confidence.

Leafs non nhl Dmen:

Kivihalme
Kral
Duszak
Hollowell
Rubins
Rasanen
Kokkonen
Greenway
Koster
Loponen
Niemela
Rindell
Villeneuve
Fusco
O’Connell

Dubas has been building a lot of Depth on defence. Never had an issue with depth Dmen. It was always top 4 we were looking to upgrade we seem to have that set for the moment.

Ok, but none of them are over “C” prospects except Mikko Kokkenon and Topi Niemela. Maybe Rasanen is a “C+” prospect but he’s lost his shine as a prospect for sure. And M.Kokkenon was drafted in 2019 and Topi Niemela In 2020.

Like I said, Sandin, Liljegren, Mikko Kokkenon, and Topi Niemala are Toronto’s young D prospects core!! And that’s good!! Along with Dermott and Lehtonen who are both young also!!

The Pens only have PO-Joseph, J.Masiscalsco, Cam Lee, and Clayton Phillups. And J.Marino and M.Pettersson both still being young and 24. They have a bunch of “C” prospects though too. Like N.Alamari and Will Reilly Etc. But I’d take Sandin, Liljegren, Kikkenon, Topi N. Over PO-Joseph, Maniscalsco, Cam lee, and Clayton Phillups. Tormoto has a nice young D core coming up with potential!! But only the 2 prospects I named are above a “C” prospect on that list.
Most of those guys are 5-6-7th round picks. And kivihalme is 25 years old and organizational depth for the Marlies.
Nov. 10, 2020 at 1:01 a.m.
Formerly Jamiepo
Ok, but none of them are over “C” prospects except Mikko Kokkenon and Topi Niemela. Maybe Rasanen is a “C+” prospect but he’s lost his shine as a prospect for sure. And M.Kokkenon was drafted in 2019 and Topi Niemela In 2020.

Like I said, Sandin, Liljegren, Mikko Kokkenon, and Topi Niemala are Toronto’s young D prospects core!! And that’s good!! Along with Dermott and Lehtonen who are both young also!!

The Pens only have PO-Joseph, J.Masiscalsco, Cam Lee, and Clayton Phillups. And J.Marino and M.Pettersson both still being young and 24. They have a bunch of “C” prospects though too. Like N.Alamari and Will Reilly Etc. But I’d take Sandin, Liljegren, Kikkenon, Topi N. Over PO-Joseph, Maniscalsco, Cam lee, and Clayton Phillups. Tormoto has a nice young D core coming up with potential!! But only the 2 prospects I named are above a “C” prospect on that list.
Most of those guys are 5-6-7th round picks. And kivihalme is 25 years old and organizational depth for the Marlies.

My point is not that any of the players I listed are going to be nhlers. Just those are the ones competing... beyond the other what I think 11 I had listed...

Next season leafs still have a log jam with

Rielly-Brodie
Muzzin-Holl
Dermott-liljegren
Sandin

That’s with no trades or Ufa signings including lehtonen. Leafs have plenty of depth Dmen and 6-7 guys are very easy to acquire in ufa. Just nothing we really need to add at the moment. Which is actually pretty satisfying. It’s been a while since the leafs have had this much depth at every position.
Nov. 10, 2020 at 1:09 a.m.
LETS go PENS
Edited Nov. 10, 2020 at 1:15 a.m.
My point is not that any of the players I listed are going to be nhlers. Just those are the ones competing... beyond the other what I think 11 I had listed...

Next season leafs still have a log jam with

Rielly-Brodie
Muzzin-Holl
Dermott-liljegren
Sandin

That’s with no trades or Ufa signings including lehtonen. Leafs have plenty of depth Dmen and 6-7 guys are very easy to acquire in ufa. Just nothing we really need to add at the moment. Which is actually pretty satisfying. It’s been a while since the leafs have had this much depth at every position.

Yep, I agree. I think Sandin and Liljegren will spend another year in the AHL though. I guess we will see!! But they are definitely ready and could play on a an NHL team. But if they don’t have a steady spot. They arnt gonna bring them up, a top Prospect, to sit in the press box and be a healthy scratch half the time. Just like the Pens and PO-Joseph. He’s NHL ready and a top 100 prospect and will stay down this year b/c our LHD is solid.

Ya, I agree!! It will be: Reilly/Brodie, Muzzin/Holl Dermott/Bogs lehtonen. And Sandin and Liljegreen will come up if someone gets injured Or someone like Holl or Dermott struggles. Or maybe Marincin comes up. The Leafs D looks a lot more solid and deep than last year!! That’s for sure!!

And no cap room to add anything!! Lol. They are gonna run a 20-21 man roster. Not even the full 22-23 man.
GenXHockey liked this.
Nov. 10, 2020 at 11:14 a.m.
Saskoiler for now
At first glance, it seems reasonable. Then I see you want to add Liligeren in the deal? No. The deal minus Lili is fair. I'm guessing you don't know who Timothy Liligeren is.
Nov. 10, 2020 at 11:15 a.m.
Saskoiler for now
Yep, I agree. I think Sandin and Liljegren will spend another year in the AHL though. I guess we will see!! But they are definitely ready and could play on a an NHL team. But if they don’t have a steady spot. They arnt gonna bring them up, a top Prospect, to sit in the press box and be a healthy scratch half the time. Just like the Pens and PO-Joseph. He’s NHL ready and a top 100 prospect and will stay down this year b/c our LHD is solid.

Ya, I agree!! It will be: Reilly/Brodie, Muzzin/Holl Dermott/Bogs lehtonen. And Sandin and Liljegreen will come up if someone gets injured Or someone like Holl or Dermott struggles. Or maybe Marincin comes up. The Leafs D looks a lot more solid and deep than last year!! That’s for sure!!

And no cap room to add anything!! Lol. They are gonna run a 20-21 man roster. Not even the full 22-23 man.

They only need a 21 man roster.
Nov. 10, 2020 at 11:18 a.m.
Saskoiler for now
@Brad21 Since he thought this trade sucked too.
Nov. 10, 2020 at 11:34 a.m.
Banned
Quoting: Saskleaf
At first glance, it seems reasonable. Then I see you want to add Liligeren in the deal? No. The deal minus Lili is fair. I'm guessing you don't know who Timothy Liligeren is.

I love how TOR fans say things like this. "I guess you don't know who Timothy Liligeren is"

how about NO, we all do, and TOR fans don't.

You guys act like he's freaking Makar.
He looks like a freaking AHL NHL tweener at this point.
His play at the NHL level was weak. His play at the AHL level was shoty.
Hell according to TOR fans their AHL team is loaded, but the guy is still a - player on the ice.

You can stop making out like he's bobby freaking Orr.
You sound like blues fans telling us all Kyrou is the next Gretzky or Bos fans telling us Studnicka is gonna replace Bergeron.
His value is probably less than POJs who has played better and his value frankly isn't all that high!
Nov. 10, 2020 at 11:39 a.m.
Saskoiler for now
Quoting: pharrow
I love how TOR fans say things like this. "I guess you don't know who Timothy Liligeren is"

how about NO, we all do, and TOR fans don't.

You guys act like he's freaking Makar.
He looks like a freaking AHL NHL tweener at this point.
His play at the NHL level was weak. His play at the AHL level was shoty.
Hell according to TOR fans their AHL team is loaded, but the guy is still a - player on the ice.

You can stop making out like he's bobby freaking Orr.
You sound like blues fans telling us all Kyrou is the next Gretzky or Bos fans telling us Studnicka is gonna replace Bergeron.
His value is probably less than POJs who has played better and his value frankly isn't all that high!

Sure his value might be below POJ. I don't act like he's Makar. But he's a former first rounder who has meet expectations so far for the most part (obvously when people did treat him like Bobby Orr lite he didnt meet those expectations, I'm talking about normal 17th overall exectations), and has trade value of a 1st round pick. He's 21. In 2 years if it's the same deal, sure. I never said he was the next Bobby Orr. Calm down. You are just salty because the pens prospect pool is trash.
Nov. 10, 2020 at 11:42 a.m.
Saskoiler for now

Leafs non nhl Dmen:

Kivihalme
Kral
Duszak
Hollowell
Rubins
Rasanen
Kokkonen
Greenway
Koster
Loponen
Niemela
Rindell
Villeneuve
Fusco
O’Connell

That's a big list of non nhl defenceman. Thanks for this, for some reason people act like Liligeren is exactly like Bracco, when in fact he's 2 year younger and has actually played in the nhl.
Nov. 10, 2020 at 11:42 a.m.
Banned
Quoting: Saskleaf
Sure his value might be below POJ. I don't act like he's Makar. But he's a former first rounder who has meet expectations so far for the most part (obvously when people did treat him like Bobby Orr lite he didnt meet those expectations, I'm talking about normal 17th overall exectations), and has trade value of a 1st round pick. He's 21. In 2 years if it's the same deal, sure. I never said he was the next Bobby Orr. Calm down. You are just salty because the pens prospect pool is trash.

being salty because the pens prospect pool is trash LOL

Dude no, unlike you being a homer I'm being realistic that a 17th overall expectations is roughly a 40% chance of being an NHL player and you over here acting like he's gonna be on the all star team.
You realize 1/2 the first round picks flame out right? And when you chop off the first 5-10 picks....that number really falls.

or maybe "you don't know who Timothy Liligeren is"

just kill the homer attitude. He's not bobby orr.
Nov. 10, 2020 at 11:46 a.m.
Saskoiler for now
Quoting: pharrow
being salty because the pens prospect pool is trash LOL

Dude no, unlike you being a homer I'm being realistic that a 17th overall expectations is roughly a 40% chance of being an NHL player and you over here acting like he's gonna be on the all star team.
You realize 1/2 the first round picks flame out right? And when you chop off the first 5-10 picks....that number really falls.

or maybe "you don't know who Timothy Liligeren is"

just kill the homer attitude. He's not bobby orr.

If you actually read my post, you would see I specifically said twice HE'S NOT BOBBY ORR. YES I KNOW. Never said he was. Of course I realize half of first rounders flame out. I said he is still worth a first. I didn't imply at any time he would be on an allstar team. I just implied he has value. You seem to deny this fact.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll