Forums/Armchair-GM

Just having fun

Created by: Faulk_my_Dzingel
Team: 2020-21 Toronto Maple Leafs
Initial Creation Date: Dec. 2, 2020
Published: Dec. 2, 2020
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
A lot to give up for a guy on the decline. However the Leaf's would finally have what all of you are calling for... Not sure what the forward situation would look like either.
Trades
Retained Salary Transactions
Buried
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
22$81,500,000$80,259,917$0$0$1,240,083
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$2,250,000$2,250,000
RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$11,640,250$11,640,250
C
UFA - 4
$10,903,000$10,903,000
RW
UFA - 5
$821,667$821,667
LW, RW
RFA - 4
$11,000,000$11,000,000
C, LW
NMC
UFA - 5
$1,645,000$1,645,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$925,000$925,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$3,500,000$3,500,000
LW, C, RW
UFA - 3
$900,000$900,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$700,000$700,000
C, LW
NMC
UFA - 1
$1,500,000$1,500,000
RW, LW
NTC
UFA - 1
$700,000$700,000
C, RW
UFA - 1
$700,000$700,000
C, RW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$5,625,000$5,625,000
LD
NMC
UFA - 4
Logo of the Los Angeles Kings
$5,500,000$5,500,000
RD
NMC
UFA - 7
$5,000,000$5,000,000
G
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$5,000,000$5,000,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$5,000,000$5,000,000
LD/RD
NMC
UFA - 4
$1,650,000$1,650,000
G
UFA - 2
$925,000$925,000
LD
UFA - 1
$2,000,000$2,000,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$1,000,000$1,000,000
RD
NTC
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Dec. 2, 2020 at 1:09 p.m.
Smythe.over.Hart
Quoting: ZiggyPalffy
I've seen you talk about Doughty on here and you seem to be one of the few that still likes Doughty so I respect that.

Doughty is not on the decline. Not only has he had a horrible team, but he's also had bottom pair D as partners for 4 years Derek Forbort, Joakim Ryan, and Ben Hutton lol. He hasn't had a good D partner since Robyn Regehr lol. He was rarely paired with McNabb, Muzzin, and Martinez for depth purposes.

No sense in talking about 18-19 so we'll talk about 19-20. Doughty is not on the decline and here's why:
Doughty had 5 points in 5 games 5 times last year as well as 6 points in 5 games once. He was the best defenseman on the ice when he played playoff teams and rival teams. See the Calgary games. His problem was not giving effort in the games that didn't matter like other rebuilding teams. Hence why he had a lot of hot and cold streaks.

You and everyone else will see him improve next year and be just as good as prime Doughty the year after that. Don't take my word, just watch and see.

Always liked him. Would still be one of my top RHD picks. And I hope you're right. Would be great to see him bounce back. As with the Kings.
ZiggyPalffy liked this.
Dec. 2, 2020 at 1:10 p.m.
I've seen you talk about Doughty on here and you seem to be one of the few that still likes Doughty so I respect that.

Doughty is not on the decline. Not only has he had a horrible team, but he's also had bottom pair D as partners for 4 years Derek Forbort, Joakim Ryan, and Ben Hutton lol. He hasn't had a good D partner since Robyn Regehr lol. He was rarely paired with McNabb, Muzzin, and Martinez for depth purposes.

No sense in talking about 18-19 so we'll talk about 19-20. Doughty is not on the decline and here's why:
Doughty had 5 points in 5 games 5 times last year as well as 6 points in 5 games once. He was the best defenseman on the ice when he played playoff teams and rival teams. See the Calgary games. His problem was not giving effort in the games that didn't matter like other rebuilding teams. Hence why he had a lot of hot and cold streaks.

You and everyone else will see him improve next year and be just as good as prime Doughty the year after that. Don't take my word, just watch and see.

Drew doughty isnt on the decline because hebhad two 5 game stretches where he was ppgish. That's......something
Dec. 2, 2020 at 1:31 p.m.
Smythe.over.Hart
Quoting: JaredOfLondon
Drew doughty isnt on the decline because hebhad two 5 game stretches where he was ppgish. That's......something

Friedman has a good article here saying otherwise.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/analyzing-still-makes-drew-doughty-elite-nhl-defenceman/#:~:text=Similar%20to%20Subban%2C%20Doughty%20has,strength%20the%20following%20year%20again.
Dec. 2, 2020 at 1:42 p.m.

"Drew doughty is better than a guy literally everyone says is washed" isn't a glowing review.
It's frankly incredible how much slack doughty gets for having less than ideal partners from some people, if he was half as good as you or the kings fans in this thread or elliot said then his partners wouldn't matter near as much and his defensive results wouldnt have sewered over the last 2+ seasons.
Justin holl gets called an ahler around here because hw had like 10 bad games with crappy parnters but doughty is still elite after getting buried for 2 with the same reasoning.
Doughty is toast and hilariously over paid and all but 100% likely to ever bounce back because of his age
Faulk_my_Dzingel liked this.
Dec. 2, 2020 at 1:46 p.m.
Smythe.over.Hart
Quoting: JaredOfLondon
"Drew doughty is better than a guy literally everyone says is washed" isn't a glowing review.
It's frankly incredible how much slack doughty gets for having less than ideal partners from some people, if he was half as good as you or the kings fans in this thread or elliot said then his partners wouldn't matter near as much and his defensive results wouldnt have sewered over the last 2+ seasons.
Justin holl gets called an ahler around here because hw had like 10 bad games with crappy parnters but doughty is still elite after getting buried for 2 with the same reasoning.
Doughty is toast and hilariously over paid and all but 100% likely to ever bounce back because of his age

I like your Holl statement. Drives me insane how many people get down on him for exactly what you say. Anyway... Is Doughty overpaid? Yes. Is he still elite. Yes.
Dec. 2, 2020 at 2:56 p.m.
Save Ukrane, end war

We get it, you like Doughty. That's allowed. The facts would suggest that he is in fact in decline.

Just like hips, stats don't lie.
Dec. 2, 2020 at 3:13 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: BigDaddyOvech
We get it, you like Doughty. That's allowed. The facts would suggest that he is in fact in decline.

Just like hips, stats don't lie.

That's funny because the only stats that say he's bad is plus minus(if thats the case, Chabot is horrible) then you have an amateur analytics guy who believes there's 1 advanced stat to tell if a player is terrible or good and lastly you have a disgrace of a scout who uses 1 game to label Doughty bad, that 1 game was against the Ottawa Senators(another rebuilding team) where he didn't even look that bad. If he was a good scout, he would have watched multiple games not just 1 against a rebuilder.

Don't be incompetent, watch the guy or don't talk about him, you don't look very bright.
Dec. 2, 2020 at 3:22 p.m.
Save Ukrane, end war
That's funny because the only stats that say he's bad is plus minus(if thats the case, Chabot is horrible) then you have an amateur analytics guy who believes there's 1 advanced stat to tell if a player is terrible or good and lastly you have a disgrace of a scout who uses 1 game to label Doughty bad, that 1 game was against the Ottawa Senators(another rebuilding team) where he didn't even look that bad. If he was a good scout, he would have watched multiple games not just 1 against a rebuilder.

Don't be incompetent, watch the guy or don't talk about him, you don't look very bright.

Correct he's been declining in +/- and points over the last 3 years. Statistically he's in decline. That's just math big guy. You can still be a fan of him and feel free to try and hurt my feelings by calling me incompetent or not bright but I can at least interpret stats without letting my man crush get in the way.
Dec. 2, 2020 at 4:00 p.m.
Banned
Correct he's been declining in +/- and points over the last 3 years. Statistically he's in decline. That's just math big guy. You can still be a fan of him and feel free to try and hurt my feelings by calling me incompetent or not bright but I can at least interpret stats without letting my man crush get in the way.

So using Chabot as an example he's on a rebuilding team, he's been a minus by a significant amount almost every season and he's often regarded as a top 10 defenseman. If he was not on a rebuilding team, he likely would not be a minus and would have a lot more points every year, that's just logic. Same thing goes for Doughty and their production hasn't been much far from each other. +/- isn't always the greatest indicator of if a defenseman is good or not, everyone knows that.

There is no evidence that Doughty is declining. Only evidence that he's handling a rebuild the same way as any other elite defenseman has handled it.

So what are your numbers then? You shouldn't talk about a subject you know nothing about.
Dec. 2, 2020 at 4:05 p.m.
Save Ukrane, end war
So using Chabot as an example he's on a rebuilding team, he's been a minus by a significant amount almost every season and he's often regarded as a top 10 defenseman. If he was not on a rebuilding team, he likely would not be a minus and would have a lot more points every year, that's just logic. Same thing goes for Doughty and their production hasn't been much far from each other. +/- isn't always the greatest indicator of if a defenseman is good or not, everyone knows that.

There is no evidence that Doughty is declining. Only evidence that he's handling a rebuild the same way as any other elite defenseman has handled it.

So what are your numbers then? You shouldn't talk about a subject you know nothing about.

I never said I think Chabot is a top 10 defenseman and nor do I believe that.
Dec. 2, 2020 at 4:11 p.m.
Banned
I never said I think Chabot is a top 10 defenseman and nor do I believe that.

He's widely known for being a top 10/15 defenseman...

Good argument, you really showed off your knowledge on the subject. I always love when Leafs fans try to tell me my players aren't good even when I watch them every game and provide numbers that contradict the negative statements towards them.

Have a good day!
Dec. 2, 2020 at 4:18 p.m.
Save Ukrane, end war
He's widely known for being a top 10/15 defenseman...

Good argument, you really showed off your knowledge on the subject. I always love when Leafs fans try to tell me my players aren't good even when I watch them every game and provide numbers that contradict the negative statements towards them.

Have a good day!

You've literally not provided any numbers to contradict him being in decline.
Dec. 2, 2020 at 4:29 p.m.
Banned

I guess you didn't read the comment you first commented on...

Last season, Doughty had 5 points in 5 games 5 times as well as 6 points in 5 games once. Do your research...

There is no evidence of him being on the decline... Only hot and cold streaks, decline players don't have hot streaks.
Dec. 2, 2020 at 4:29 p.m.
torontos finest

lol he constantly repeats that doughty is good because he had 5 points in 5 games 5 times last season.

i guess being good for arbitrary periods of time makes you elite instead of being good for i don't know.... most games?
Dec. 2, 2020 at 4:59 p.m.
Save Ukrane, end war
I guess you didn't read the comment you first commented on...

Last season, Doughty had 5 points in 5 games 5 times as well as 6 points in 5 games once. Do your research...

There is no evidence of him being on the decline... Only hot and cold streaks, decline players don't have hot streaks.

And he still finished -16? ouch! what a decline.
Dec. 2, 2020 at 5:06 p.m.
Banned
And he still finished -16? ouch! what a decline.

And Thomas Chabot finished -18, what a decline!
Dec. 3, 2020 at 9:11 a.m.
Save Ukrane, end war
And Thomas Chabot finished -18, what a decline!

Agreed he sucks.
Dec. 3, 2020 at 1:34 p.m.
Banned
Agreed he sucks.

He doesn't at all, he's just on a rebuilding team. Thanks for proving my point. You have zero knowledge on this topic. Have a good day! Ignore list btw, this has been nothing, but a waste of time.
Dec. 3, 2020 at 1:57 p.m.
Save Ukrane, end war
He doesn't at all, he's just on a rebuilding team. Thanks for proving my point. You have zero knowledge on this topic. Have a good day! Ignore list btw, this has been nothing, but a waste of time.

Agreed thanks for wasting my time too. If you don't like the internet stay off it son.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll