$3,500,000$3,500,000
G
UFA - 3
Logo of the Pittsburgh Penguins
$4,025,175$4,025,175
LD
UFA - 5
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
RD
UFA - 1
$1,250,000$1,250,000
G
UFA - 2
$4,875,000$4,875,000
LD
UFA - 6
$1,250,000$1,250,000
RD
UFA - 1
$1,150,000$1,150,000
LD
UFA - 2
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$700,000$700,000
RD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Dec. 11, 2020 at 9:44 p.m.
Ouch
Oilers can't make that trade. Nuge has more value then that. He wouldn't extend for that low for any team other then the Oilers. And he would play in the top 6
Timmah007 liked this.
Dec. 11, 2020 at 9:47 p.m.
Nuge is an oiler for life.
Dec. 11, 2020 at 9:53 p.m.
Quoting: JmoneyTalk
Oilers can't make that trade. Nuge has more value then that. He wouldn't extend for that low for any team other then the Oilers. And he would play in the top 6

Guezntal > RNH

Pens never make this deal
Dec. 11, 2020 at 10:11 p.m.
I think RNH and Guentzel are comparable to be traded 1 for 1.RNH is a year older at 27 but has only 1 year left on contract. Guentzel has 4 years at 6 million which is a pretty good contract as long as he stays healthy. So to me if a trade would occur with these players then I think both clubs are thinking positionally. May be Pittsburgh is interested in RNH as a center to bridge when Crosby and Malkin’s game starts to regress, or maybe Pittsburgh acquires RNH because he has some flexibility to play center and or wing. The Oilers would like Guentzel to be paired with either McDavid or Draitsatl on the wing because he is an elite goal scorer who could keep up to either and they like his 4 years at 6 million. That could be the reason either team would consider imo. One could argue each players value but it really depends on what the other team values their needs.
Dec. 11, 2020 at 10:19 p.m.
Ouch
Quoting: mhockey91
Guezntal > RNH

Pens never make this deal

No he's not ahah
Dec. 11, 2020 at 11:05 p.m.
No he's not ahah

Considering Jake is younger, signed to a long term deal, gets more goals, and more points, and both play with elite players, yes he is.

RNH legit was nothing special until McDavid came. Even with McDavid he’s never even hit 70 points... so overrated
Pens3lieve liked this.
Dec. 12, 2020 at 12:23 a.m.
Ouch
Considering Jake is younger, signed to a long term deal, gets more goals, and more points, and both play with elite players, yes he is.

RNH legit was nothing special until McDavid came. Even with McDavid he’s never even hit 70 points... so overrated

He's 1 year younger... He has had 12 goals more once.. the same season he only had 7 total points more... Again only once... He's plays with Crosby... He was nothing special until he played with Crosby... He's legit the overrated one by a significant margin.

Nuge has played many more seasons and has had more successful seasons... Jake has only had a single.. I repeat only 1 season with better numbers, and again, not by a lot, at all....

Nuge is the better more experienced NHLr who has had several, I repeat several successful seasons without McDavid...

Pens fans think Jake is soooo good, but in reality Crosby is good and he's riding shotgun... Extremely over rated

Not to mention how much better Nuges overall game is too..
Dec. 12, 2020 at 12:46 a.m.
He's 1 year younger... He has had 12 goals more once.. the same season he only had 7 total points more... Again only once... He's plays with Crosby... He was nothing special until he played with Crosby... He's legit the overrated one by a significant margin.

Nuge has played many more seasons and has had more successful seasons... Jake has only had a single.. I repeat only 1 season with better numbers, and again, not by a lot, at all....

Nuge is the better more experienced NHLr who has had several, I repeat several successful seasons without McDavid...

Pens fans think Jake is soooo good, but in reality Crosby is good and he's riding shotgun... Extremely over rated

Not to mention how much better Nuges overall game is too..

This year his PPG pace was better. He was on pace for over 40 goals again had he not got injured and no covid. Not to mention his incredible play in the playoffs in his career. Jake is Crosby’s best winger he’s ever had. Over the last 3 seasons his G/ per game is way better and PPG is better as well. Jake is the better player. There’s really no debate. They both play with elite players and he has better numbers
Pens3lieve liked this.
Dec. 12, 2020 at 12:54 a.m.
Ouch
This year his PPG pace was better. He was on pace for over 40 goals again had he not got injured and no covid. Not to mention his incredible play in the playoffs in his career. Jake is Crosby’s best winger he’s ever had. Over the last 3 seasons his G/ per game is way better and PPG is better as well. Jake is the better player. There’s really no debate. They both play with elite players and he has better numbers

I completely disagree. His numbers have only been slightly better. Nuge had a better career playing with players that were never close to crosbys talent before McDavid whom he actually hardly ever plays with. Only at the end of the previous season and the beginning of this past one. Where as Jake plays with Crosby. His numbers are inflated because of it where as Nuge has been a driver of his own line for years and again is a better all around player. There is no debate that Nuge is the better player really.
Dec. 12, 2020 at 1:06 a.m.
I completely disagree. His numbers have only been slightly better. Nuge had a better career playing with players that were never close to crosbys talent before McDavid whom he actually hardly ever plays with. Only at the end of the previous season and the beginning of this past one. Where as Jake plays with Crosby. His numbers are inflated because of it where as Nuge has been a driver of his own line for years and again is a better all around player. There is no debate that Nuge is the better player really.

Buddy, Jake’s Per game numbers over the last few seasons are significantly better, not to mention goals. And also, RNH had HALL before McDavid came to Edmonton and he was still only getting around 50 points. RNH was a 50 point player before McDavid and now all of the sudden is getting 60-70+. And you wanna bring up when RNH wasn’t playing with McDavid? Okay yes please do. McDavids first full year RNH had 43 points... not exactly lighting it up. You’re right about one thing though. There is no debate about Nuge vs Jake. Because Jake is clear cut better. Way better numbers and both play with elite players. Then throw in contract situation too? Yeah this is an L for you my Freind
Pens3lieve liked this.
Dec. 12, 2020 at 5:44 a.m.
Yikes...I hope not all oilers fans are homers lol. RNH isn’t even equal to Guentzel let alone better. I’m willing to bet if you asked any gm if they could only trade for 1 player and both cost the same assets that they’d go for Guentzel over RNH. Even if RNH came with a similar extension to Jakes.
1st this nonsense that Jake has only ever performed on Crosby’s line is nonsense. They hardly played together last year because Crosby was out most of the beginning of the season after surgery. Guentzel was only part of arguably the best line in hockey at that time. In Guentzel’s first full season, the line where he had the majority of his points was with Riley Sheahan and Phil Kessel, not Crosby. And to say Crosby drives Jakes success is insane. Guentzel is a goal scorer. It’s not like Crosby is putting the puck in the net for him. Until Jake, Kunitz was Crosbys best winger and Jake outperforms kunitz. I could agree that Jake was riding shotgun if he was getting 20 goals and 65 assists. But he is getting 40-45 goals and 40-45 assists. He holds his own on that line. If anyone was riding shotgun on the Guentzel, Crosby, sheary line it was definitely Sheary.
Pens3lieve and mhockey91 liked this.
Dec. 12, 2020 at 8:55 a.m.
Hockey IQ
Buddy, Jake’s Per game numbers over the last few seasons are significantly better, not to mention goals. And also, RNH had HALL before McDavid came to Edmonton and he was still only getting around 50 points. RNH was a 50 point player before McDavid and now all of the sudden is getting 60-70+. And you wanna bring up when RNH wasn’t playing with McDavid? Okay yes please do. McDavids first full year RNH had 43 points... not exactly lighting it up. You’re right about one thing though. There is no debate about Nuge vs Jake. Because Jake is clear cut better. Way better numbers and both play with elite players. Then throw in contract situation too? Yeah this is an L for you my Freind

Quoting: Pensfan89
Yikes...I hope not all oilers fans are homers lol. RNH isn’t even equal to Guentzel let alone better. I’m willing to bet if you asked any gm if they could only trade for 1 player and both cost the same assets that they’d go for Guentzel over RNH. Even if RNH came with a similar extension to Jakes.
1st this nonsense that Jake has only ever performed on Crosby’s line is nonsense. They hardly played together last year because Crosby was out most of the beginning of the season after surgery. Guentzel was only part of arguably the best line in hockey at that time. In Guentzel’s first full season, the line where he had the majority of his points was with Riley Sheahan and Phil Kessel, not Crosby. And to say Crosby drives Jakes success is insane. Guentzel is a goal scorer. It’s not like Crosby is putting the puck in the net for him. Until Jake, Kunitz was Crosbys best winger and Jake outperforms kunitz. I could agree that Jake was riding shotgun if he was getting 20 goals and 65 assists. But he is getting 40-45 goals and 40-45 assists. He holds his own on that line. If anyone was riding shotgun on the Guentzel, Crosby, sheary line it was definitely Sheary.

I've stated before how elite level Jake Guentzel is so I'll just second everything you guys said...

I'd like to see Jake go on a scoring rampage this year and win the Rocket....

but everyone would scream, "SHORTENED SEASON" and all that.....

but Tampa won in the bubble, and Chicago won in shortened season......and those cups count.....
mhockey91 and Pensfan89 liked this.
Dec. 12, 2020 at 11:12 a.m.
Hopkins has been part of a failure of a team for his entire career. Chicken or the egg? Guentzel for Hopkins, Edmonton needs to add.

Guentzel, Reese, Sceviour for Hopkins, Chiasson, 6th is a solid no from Pittsburgh. Take out Reese and Sceviour and it is still a no.

Guentzel for Hopkins, Bear/Lavoie/Holloway
mhockey91, Pensfan89 and Pens3lieve liked this.
Dec. 12, 2020 at 12:28 p.m.
Ouch

Quoting: Pens3lieve
I've stated before how elite level Jake Guentzel is so I'll just second everything you guys said...

I'd like to see Jake go on a scoring rampage this year and win the Rocket....

but everyone would scream, "SHORTENED SEASON" and all that.....

but Tampa won in the bubble, and Chicago won in shortened season......and those cups count.....

Quoting: Yojimbo
Hopkins has been part of a failure of a team for his entire career. Chicken or the egg? Guentzel for Hopkins, Edmonton needs to add.

Guentzel, Reese, Sceviour for Hopkins, Chiasson, 6th is a solid no from Pittsburgh. Take out Reese and Sceviour and it is still a no.

Guentzel for Hopkins, Bear/Lavoie/Holloway

Hahahaha, pens fans are delusional... He played with hall, who is not Crosby...and still out of good number, inky slightly worse then Jake playing with Crosby aha he was in pace just over a point per game and Nuge was on pace for just under not that huge if a difference. Nuge brings other elements to game Jake does not. Pens have over rated Jake it's not even funny... Rocket Richard??? Do you actually think he has a chance??? Nuge has twice as much NHL experience and brings more then just 7 points and 12 g less then Jake to the table.. also your trade value at the end there is just ridiculous... Call me a homer?? Ahaha unreal
Dec. 12, 2020 at 2:24 p.m.
... Nuge brings other elements to game Jake does not...

Yeah, like I said, "Hopkins has been part of a failure of a team for his entire career" That is something that Guentzel can not compete with Hopkins on.
I failed to mention that not only part of, but a key part of.

...He has had 12 goals more once.. the same season he only had 7 total points more... Again only once...

Well, since Guentzel has only played two full seasons and two half seasons... That is actually strong support for Guentzel, not Hopkins.
Pens3lieve liked this.
Dec. 12, 2020 at 2:58 p.m.
Hahahaha, pens fans are delusional... He played with hall, who is not Crosby...and still out of good number, inky slightly worse then Jake playing with Crosby aha he was in pace just over a point per game and Nuge was on pace for just under not that huge if a difference. Nuge brings other elements to game Jake does not. Pens have over rated Jake it's not even funny... Rocket Richard??? Do you actually think he has a chance??? Nuge has twice as much NHL experience and brings more then just 7 points and 12 g less then Jake to the table.. also your trade value at the end there is just ridiculous... Call me a homer?? Ahaha unreal

That doesn’t defeat the fact that Jake clearly didn’t need Crosby his first year when his best production came with Riley Sheahan and Kessel. And what does RNH provide that Jake doesn’t exactly?
Dec. 12, 2020 at 3:16 p.m.
Ouch
Quoting: Yojimbo
Yeah, like I said, "Hopkins has been part of a failure of a team for his entire career" That is something that Guentzel can not compete with Hopkins on.
I failed to mention that not only part of, but a key part of.

Well, since Guentzel has only played two full seasons and two half seasons... That is actually strong support for Guentzel, not Hopkins.

That doesn’t defeat the fact that Jake clearly didn’t need Crosby his first year when his best production came with Riley Sheahan and Kessel. And what does RNH provide that Jake doesn’t exactly?

https://public.tableau.com/profile/christopher.turtoro#!/vizhome/2-yearA3ZPlayerComps/ComparisonDashboard

Every year and in every category Nuge had better numbers expect shots, however as you will see when you look if you your not to scared to check Nuge was significantly better in all categories during a very meaningful season where as you say Jake was so much better. Nuge is the better player in all aspects of the game.
Dec. 12, 2020 at 3:33 p.m.
https://public.tableau.com/profile/christopher.turtoro#!/vizhome/2-yearA3ZPlayerComps/ComparisonDashboard

Every year and in every category Nuge had better numbers expect shots, however as you will see when you look if you your not to scared to check Nuge was significantly better in all categories during a very meaningful season where as you say Jake was so much better. Nuge is the better player in all aspects of the game.

Literally looked. There are 7 stats. Jake destroys RNH in 3 of them, RNH destroys Jake in 2 of them, they are equal in 1, and RNH has a slight advantage in the other. I don’t get how that makes RNH better than Jake. It makes Jake better than RNH lol.

I just find it funny though that you are claiming Guentzel is carried by Crosby when Guentzel has proven he can produce away from the big two also. Where as 4 of the past 5 years RNH has had a combo of either McDavid, Draisaitl, Hall, and/or Eberle as linemates and the 1 year that the big 3 of that group was taken away from him was his worst year ever lol. That just goes to show that RNH is being carried by two of the top scorers in the game right now. Thank you and come again lol
Pens3lieve liked this.
Dec. 12, 2020 at 4:34 p.m.
Hockey IQ
Literally looked. There are 7 stats. Jake destroys RNH in 3 of them, RNH destroys Jake in 2 of them, they are equal in 1, and RNH has a slight advantage in the other. I don’t get how that makes RNH better than Jake. It makes Jake better than RNH lol.

I just find it funny though that you are claiming Guentzel is carried by Crosby when Guentzel has proven he can produce away from the big two also. Where as 4 of the past 5 years RNH has had a combo of either McDavid, Draisaitl, Hall, and/or Eberle as linemates and the 1 year that the big 3 of that group was taken away from him was his worst year ever lol. That just goes to show that RNH is being carried by two of the top scorers in the game right now. Thank you and come again lol

once again, we see how underrated guentzel is around the league.

and I don't even dislike RNH. I've even made posts way back when exploring acquiring him. I like him as a support player and top-6 piece.

but guentzel is still and definitely better.
Pensfan89 liked this.
Dec. 12, 2020 at 5:24 p.m.

Out of 7 criteria in that link, Hopkins his higher on 3, Guentzel is higher on 3, and they are the same on the 7th. Guentzel has none that aren't blue, Hopkins has 1 red, well pink. If you go with that as the tie breaker, then you again aided in the Guentzel is better argument. Your conclusion of "Nuge is the better player in all aspects of the game" is simply not supported, AT ALL, by the data that you yourself are supplying. That's where your homer is showing incase you didn't realize.

You really might want to stop, unless you are actually a spy working for Guentzel. Them continue, because you are doing a great job.
Pensfan89 and Pens3lieve liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll