Initial Creation Date: Feb. 16, 2021
Published: Feb. 16, 2021
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Free Agent Signings
UFAYEARSCAP HIT
2$5,250,000
Trades
NYR
    This seems like the most realistic. Before his injury, Chytil looked like one of our best players. We’ll see what happens.
    ANA
    1. Chytil, Filip [RFA Rights]
    CAR
      He’s been connected to the Rangers for a while via trade rumors. Always brings an edge to his game. May cost a decent amount though.
      CBJ
        Not sure how much it would cost to get him, but a solid player overall.
        NYR
          Danault hasn’t had the strongest start to the season.if he continues down this path we could take advantage of it and sign him to a prove it deal. The Rangers make the most sense for him. He wants more playing time and we can give it to him.
          MTL
            Danault via Free Agency
            Buyouts
            DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
            Logo of the NYR
            Logo of the NYR
            Logo of the BUF
            Logo of the NYR
            Logo of the OTT
            Logo of the NYR
            Logo of the NYR
            Logo of the NYR
            Logo of the NYR
            Logo of the NYR
            Logo of the NYR
            Logo of the NYR
            Logo of the NYR
            Logo of the NYR
            Logo of the NYR
            Logo of the NYR
            Logo of the NYR
            Logo of the NYR
            Logo of the NYR
            Logo of the NYR
            Logo of the NYR
            Logo of the NYR
            ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
            16$81,500,000$62,837,301$0$4,050,000$18,662,699
            Left WingCentreRight Wing
            Logo of the New York Rangers
            $11,642,857$11,642,857
            LW
            NMC
            UFA - 5
            $5,350,000$5,350,000
            C
            NMC
            UFA - 1
            $750,000$750,000
            C
            UFA - 1
            $6,500,000$6,500,000
            LW
            NMC
            UFA - 6
            $5,250,000$5,250,000
            C
            UFA - 6
            $1,550,000$1,550,000
            LW, RW
            UFA - 1
            Logo of the Carolina Hurricanes
            $4,750,000$4,750,000
            C, RW
            UFA - 1
            $925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,850,000$3M)
            LW, RW
            RFA - 2
            $4,500,000$4,500,000
            RW, C
            UFA - 1
            $725,000$725,000
            C, RW
            UFA - 1
            Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets
            $3,750,000$3,750,000
            C, LW
            UFA - 1
            Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
            $925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$350,000$350K)
            LD
            RFA - 2
            $8,000,000$8,000,000
            RD
            NMC
            UFA - 5
            $2,425,000$2,425,000
            G
            UFA - 1
            $925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
            RD
            UFA - 1
            $825,000$825,000
            G
            UFA - 1
            Taxi Squad
            $1,000,000$1,000,000 ($0$0$0$0)
            RD
            UFA - 1
            $925,000$925,000 ($0$0$0$0) (Performance Bonus$2,650,000$3M)
            RW
            RFA - 1
            $737,500$737,500 ($0$0$0$0)
            LD
            UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
            • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
            Feb. 16, 2021 at 4:10 p.m.
            Barkov trade is likely nearing as well
            Feb. 16, 2021 at 4:31 p.m.
            I know its shoulda, woulda, coulda....

But man, if they took Zegras over Kakko.
            KingLundqvist30 liked this.
            Feb. 16, 2021 at 4:40 p.m.
            I disagree about the Rags being the best fit for Danault. To my thinking, Minnesota is.

We also have a need for a top six guy, and Danault would likely be our 1st line center for the duration on a 2-3 year contract, just saying. We're also closer to contending then people tend to think we are.
            Feb. 16, 2021 at 4:58 p.m.
            Quoting: NYR1983
            Barkov trade is likely nearing as well

and why Barkov would want a trade for? He said that he wanted to play for a contending team and so far Florida is closest to that.
            Feb. 16, 2021 at 5:04 p.m.
            Quoting: gfy
            and why Barkov would want a trade for? He said that he wanted to play for a contending team and so far Florida is closest to that.

For the first time in his career they have gotten off to a start that makes them look like a "contender". FLA have made playoffs just 2 times since he has been there. A 12 game sample size doesn't qualify them as contenders just yet bud. That being said I do like what Verh and Horn have brought and am happy for the current success but wouldn't hold them in the top 6 teams currently.
            Feb. 16, 2021 at 5:08 p.m.
            I post sometimes
            Danault is staying in MTL for that price. He rejected a 5.5AAV for 5 years because he wanted a bit more money, and one or two more years. That's his price after 3 years of being our #1 center. MTl wants to keep him, and they will.

If they need 500K more, they won't resign either Armia or Lehkonen wayyyy before they let Danault walk. He is part of our core and he is such an important piece for the habs.
            Feb. 16, 2021 at 5:09 p.m.
            Breadman likes Bread
            For the first time in his career they have gotten off to a start that makes them look like a "contender". FLA have made playoffs just 2 times since he has been there. A 12 game sample size doesn't qualify them as contenders just yet bud. That being said I do like what Verh and Horn have brought and am happy for the current success but wouldn't hold them in the top 6 teams currently.

Eh, he's got a point. They are off to a pretty hot start. If they keep this momentum going then they should have no issue making the playoffs. I also see your point though. Barkov would be a great addition to this team (not to mention he and Kakko are countrymen). I think that there will be a handful of teams that put out an offer for Barkov but I'd be surprised if the Rangers are the ones to snag him.
            Feb. 16, 2021 at 5:11 p.m.
            Breadman likes Bread
            Quoting: MTLaveragefan
            Danault is staying in MTL for that price. He rejected a 5.5AAV for 5 years because he wanted a bit more money, and one or two more years. That's his price after 3 years of being our #1 center. MTl wants to keep him, and they will.

If they need 500K more, they won't resign either Armia or Lehkonen wayyyy before they let Danault walk. He is part of our core and he is such an important piece for the habs.

I wouldn't be surprised if he left tbh. he's voiced his frustration towards coaching staff in the past. I'm not saying him leaving is imminent, just an idea. Your right, thats a little light for him contract wise.
            Feb. 16, 2021 at 5:15 p.m.

I do not think that florida is a contender yet but they are closer then New york. My focal point was just why Barkov would ask to get traded to New york if they aren't contending.
            Feb. 16, 2021 at 5:18 p.m.
            I post sometimes
            Quoting: KingLundqvist30
            I wouldn't be surprised if he left tbh. he's voiced his frustration towards coaching staff in the past. I'm not saying him leaving is imminent, just an idea. Your right, thats a little light for him contract wise.

That's the thing... English sport media can't translate French for their life. He did not voice his frustration towards the coaching staff. A dumb journalist asked Danault directly if he was happy to be the 3rd center he is suppose to be in a very condescending way. Danault's answer was basically : my play shows clearly I'm more than that, and that I have a place in MTL's top 6.

People interpreted that, thinking he was unhappy with his usage by the coach... while the line he played during the playoff was better than the one with Tatar and Gally, because the first was invisible, and Gally was hurt.
            Feb. 16, 2021 at 5:19 p.m.
            Breadman likes Bread
            Quoting: MTLaveragefan
            That's the thing... English sport media can't translate French for their life. He did not voice his frustration towards the coaching staff. A dumb journalist asked Danault directly if he was happy to be the 3rd center he is suppose to be in a very condescending way. Danault's answer was basically : my play shows clearly I'm more than that, and that I have a place in MTL's top 6.

People interpreted that, thinking he was unhappy with his usage by the coach... while the line he played during the playoff was better than the one with Tatar and Gally, because the first was invisible, and Gally was hurt.

Ah got it. Apologize for the confusion!
            MTLaveragefan liked this.
            Feb. 16, 2021 at 5:25 p.m.
            I do not think that florida is a contender yet but they are closer then New york. My focal point was just why Barkov would ask to get traded to New york if they aren't contending.

He is exactly what NYR is missing.. thats why. We need a solid C and defensive LD like an Ekholm. We have a lot of the other pieces in place. Kids are just seasoning and Lundy and Kravs to be injected in the line up soon. It really does make a lot of sense.
            Feb. 16, 2021 at 5:26 p.m.

What have the Rangers done to prove their contenders?
            Feb. 16, 2021 at 5:31 p.m.
            He is exactly what NYR is missing.. thats why. We need a solid C and defensive LD like an Ekholm. We have a lot of the other pieces in place. Kids are just seasoning and Lundy and Kravs to be injected in the line up soon. It really does make a lot of sense.

it make a lot of sense for you but not for Barkov. just look at the cap situation, Trouba Kreider ans Panarin are all sign too lucrative contract with term left. Zibanejad will probably cost at least 8 millions per season. Fox, Kakko, Lafreniere, Shesterkin will have received major raise by the end of their ELC. Los Angeles is a more plausible option or New Jersey considering their Prospect bank and their financial situation.
            Feb. 16, 2021 at 6:04 p.m.
            Quoting: Book_Hockey
            What have the Rangers done to prove their contenders?

They are rebuilding and it's almost done. Seasoning for their youth is really all it comes down to. of course with adding 2 pieces(barkov would fill 1 of the 2 needs) What have the leafs done to be considered contenders?? yet we consider them just that do we not?
            Feb. 16, 2021 at 6:12 p.m.
            it make a lot of sense for you but not for Barkov. just look at the cap situation, Trouba Kreider ans Panarin are all sign too lucrative contract with term left. Zibanejad will probably cost at least 8 millions per season. Fox, Kakko, Lafreniere, Shesterkin will have received major raise by the end of their ELC. Los Angeles is a more plausible option or New Jersey considering their Prospect bank and their financial situation.

Sure, let's play the game of 2 other teams can pay more money. But maybe taking 1-2m less to be on a potential cup team makes more sense for him as well. not always financial or he would stay in FLA for 12M and no taxes or deep play off runs... Don't forge that the kids will have bridge deals and people assume a higher wage for everyone... Zib gets 8, Fox gets 6.5 max since he won't play elsewhere. The cap will likely be going up 3 years from now and Kreid and trouba will have M-ntc by then. I assume youre considering the buyout space opening up too.
            Feb. 16, 2021 at 6:31 p.m.
            Breadman likes Bread
            They are rebuilding and it's almost done. Seasoning for their youth is really all it comes down to. of course with adding 2 pieces(barkov would fill 1 of the 2 needs) What have the leafs done to be considered contenders?? yet we consider them just that do we not?

The difference between us and the Leafs though is they're 11-3-2 and have an all star forward group. This pains me to say (I don't like the leafs) but yea they're contenders.
            Book_Hockey liked this.
            Feb. 16, 2021 at 6:41 p.m.
            The difference between us and the Leafs though is they're 11-3-2 and have an all star forward group. This pains me to say (I don't like the leafs) but yea they're contenders.

Right, but they didn't make playoffs last year, Kocked out in 1st round the year before..... they have a 16 game sample size that looks great this year.. that's is what we all are calling them contenders for, 16 games... And I agree. But the Rangers would also have this with Panarin, Zibby, Barkov, Kreids, Bush, Laf, Kakko, Kravs.. a legit goalie in Shesty. To think that in a year with some more bulking and training for the kids that this wouldn't be a stacked roster is kinda crazy. We weren't supposed to make playoffs this year.
            Feb. 16, 2021 at 8:19 p.m.
            Habs_fan
            Danault stupidly refused 5M x 6 years from the Canadiens. He overvalued himself and will never see that kind of offer again.
            Feb. 17, 2021 at 7:17 a.m.

The Leafs consistently finish the regular season in the top 3/4 of their division, have multiple all stars, and make the playoffs. That’s why they’re considered contenders.

The rangers have been getting smoked this season and, based off points %, are either 2nd to last or last in their division. Doesn’t look like a team that’s looking to contend/having a rebuild that’s “almost over”
            Feb. 17, 2021 at 1:34 p.m.
            I post sometimes
            Ah got it. Apologize for the confusion!

Not your fault - controversy sells
            Feb. 17, 2021 at 2:47 p.m.
            The Leafs consistently finish the regular season in the top 3/4 of their division, have multiple all stars, and make the playoffs. That’s why they’re considered contenders.

The rangers have been getting smoked this season and, based off points %, are either 2nd to last or last in their division. Doesn’t look like a team that’s looking to contend/having a rebuild that’s “almost over”

I mean leafs failed to make playoffs last season in case you forgot... play in round against CLB.... And ya they made it before and failed miserably, sure. And reread my previous statements as I agree they are contenders or at least should be with that stacked roster..

Rangers haven't been "getting smoked", they have been in almost every game and the lack of Zibby goals is really the difference from their play from just 1 year ago. I certainly hope you aren't one of these goofs that think NYR should bail on Laf and Kakko already.. PS. We were never supposed to make playoffs this year and to add that we are in the toughest division and riddled with injuries, 16M+ in cap space next year. Some people really have no foresight on this site
            Feb. 17, 2021 at 4:40 p.m.
            I mean leafs failed to make playoffs last season in case you forgot... play in round against CLB.... And ya they made it before and failed miserably, sure. And reread my previous statements as I agree they are contenders or at least should be with that stacked roster..

Rangers haven't been "getting smoked", they have been in almost every game and the lack of Zibby goals is really the difference from their play from just 1 year ago. I certainly hope you aren't one of these goofs that think NYR should bail on Laf and Kakko already.. PS. We were never supposed to make playoffs this year and to add that we are in the toughest division and riddled with injuries, 16M+ in cap space next year. Some people really have no foresight on this site

I have plenty of foresight, you can make excuses for the rangers performance all you want, but the fact of the matter is they’re not contenders and the kids are, well, kids. You don’t know how they’re going to pan out. You claim to be 1-2 pieces away, yet you’re just about dead last in the division. Guess what- the devils are a worse team, playing in the same division, just had 16 days off due to covid, and wiped the floor with them.

It’s simple, you’re contenders or your not. The rangers aren’t, and they don’t show many signs of becoming contenders right now. Maybe Barkov and Eichel want to play there for the bright lights, idk, but it sure as **** isn’t because they’re “1 to 2 pieces away”
            Feb. 17, 2021 at 4:44 p.m.
            I have plenty of foresight, you can make excuses for the rangers performance all you want, but the fact of the matter is they’re not contenders and the kids are, well, kids. You don’t know how they’re going to pan out. You claim to be 1-2 pieces away, yet you’re just about dead last in the division. Guess what- the devils are a worse team, playing in the same division, just had 16 days off due to covid, and wiped the floor with them.

It’s simple, you’re contenders or your not. The rangers aren’t. Maybe Barkov and Eichel want to play there for the bright lights, idk, but it sure as **** isn’t because the rangers are contenders.

2 own goals and an empty netter... you're a complete idiot. first 50 mins was 2-2 by the way. Trouba and miller and bread all injured. what ever helps you sleep at night kid
            Feb. 17, 2021 at 4:56 p.m.
            2 own goals and an empty netter... you're a complete idiot. first 50 mins was 2-2 by the way. Trouba and miller and bread all injured. what ever helps you sleep at night kid

Lol “2 own goals” buddy you act like they walked the puck into their own net, they got rag dolled all night, both kreider and quinn said it was a dog**** effort, I’m not the one losing sleep over the rangers, I’ll leave that to you.

No Miller or Panarin is your excuse. Find a better one- the devils hadnt played in 16 days!!

To create a post please Login or Register
            Question:
            Options:
            Add Option
            Submit Poll