SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Detroit Red Wings

Why is Svechnikov in the AHL

Mar. 14, 2021 at 10:12 p.m.
I might not follow closely enough to know if there is a good reason - or is there some vendetta from Blashill or Yzerman? The guy obviously makes the team better and needs to play in the NHL to take the next step, it’s just absurd from my point of view

Would like to even see him out there with Zadina
Mar. 14, 2021 at 11:08 p.m.
As a Wing's fan I have no f****** idea. I thought he should've made the team in the 2017-18. In 2016-17 his first season in the AHL he had 20g and 51 points in 74 games. In the following season he looked really good in camp and he had a couple of goals in the preseason but was sent back down and didn't return to the Wings until March. Now I could understand if the Wing's were still a playoff team but they missed the playoffs in 2016-17 ending their streak and triggering their rebuild. I know a lot of Wing's fans feel the same way but to get the answer to that question you're going to have to ask Ken Holland.
pavelisgoat and Jfstompers liked this.
Mar. 22, 2021 at 3:44 p.m.
Maybe they are trying to hide him from Seattle Kraken Scouts lol. (I know there are AHL scouts)
nickthehabsfan liked this.
Mar. 23, 2021 at 9:14 a.m.
Pop Pop
So I just think they dont want to play him in the bottom 6 because they're afraid he can't be effective enough in that kinda game. Ryan being dinged is all that bought him the extra game. In a way i get it, him playing with glenny and erne on the 4th makes no sense but why he isn't on the 3rd line with namestnikov and gagne right now i have no idea. I think when dekeyser hits the seattle minimum games played threshold the 7 d thing will go away and maybe we see svech permanently.
Octopus_Guy liked this.
Apr. 12, 2021 at 9:22 p.m.
HeLlO
Quoting: Octopus_Guy
Maybe they are trying to hide him from Seattle Kraken Scouts lol. (I know there are AHL scouts)

possible lol
May 7, 2021 at 9:43 a.m.
Hockey addiction
Quoting: Jfstompers
So I just think they dont want to play him in the bottom 6 because they're afraid he can't be effective enough in that kinda game. Ryan being dinged is all that bought him the extra game. In a way i get it, him playing with glenny and erne on the 4th makes no sense but why he isn't on the 3rd line with namestnikov and gagne right now i have no idea. I think when dekeyser hits the seattle minimum games played threshold the 7 d thing will go away and maybe we see svech permanently.

You are right, he can't be effective enough in that kinda game

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll