Trades
DAL
  1. Foerster, Tyson
  2. Sanheim, Travis
  3. 2021 1st round pick (PHI)
  4. 2023 3rd round pick (PHI)
Additional Details:
**2023 3RD ROUND PICK CONDITION**

If the Flyers re-sign Klingberg, their 2023 3rd Round Pick becomes their 2023 2nd Round Pick

Best case scenario, Stars get a pick in the early - mid 20's, a defensive replacement for Klingberg that would be a solid partner for Heiskanen or Lindell, and a solid offensive prospect to restock their prospect pool.

For a team as old as Dallas, Sanheim brings a bit of youth to their blue line & would be a solid top-4 option with one of Oleksiak, Heiskanen, or Harley. His RFA status after this season also gives Dallas the flexibility to negotiate his future with the organization.

With Robertson & Dellandrea graduating to the NHL level, the Stars prospect pool is barren, especially when it comes to their forwards. Given the lack of offense from the Stars, goal-scoring prospects are needed addition to the prospect pool if they don't want their upcoming rebuild to take the better part of the next decade.
PHI
  1. Klingberg, John
Additional Details:
Dallas decides to sell at the deadline, and Klingberg becomes the jewel of the NHL, meaning that the team that wants him is not going to get market value for him. They are going to have to outbid every other team that wants an elite offensive RD & make it worth Dallas to give up the final year of his extremely team friendly contract.

Klingberg is one of the best defnesemen in the NHL when it comes to puck possession (zone exits/entries) & is one of two Stars defensemen that can consistently get the puck out of his own end, the other being Heiskanen. His offense speaks for itself. His hands & shot from the blue line among the best in the NHL. He's a true 1RD, PP Quarterback, and he's on one of the best non-ELC contracts in the NHL through next season. He instantly gives the Flyers one of the best blue lines in the Eastern Conference.
DAL
  1. Wagner, Chris
  2. 2021 2nd round pick (BOS)
Additional Details:
**2021 2ND ROUND PICK CONDITION**

If Radulov plays in at least 50% of the Bruins remaining games (regular season & postseason) and the Bruins make the Eastern Conference Finals, Boston's 2021 2nd Round Pick becomes their 2021 1st Round Pick

Wagner added for cap purposes. Can be anyone the Bruins want to add in order to shed a little bit of cap
BOS
  1. Radulov, Alexander ($2,250,000 retained)
Additional Details:
When on the ice, Radulov has had a solid start to his 2020-2021 season, to follow up on a good playoff run last season. His big question right now is certainly his ability to remain healthy, hence the condition attached to the deal.

If he can stay healthy, he would be an upgrade over guys like Krejci, Ritchie, and Coyle on the Bruins 2nd line. He's a good veteran presence, can plug into either PP unit, and is under contractual control for one more season as well.
DAL
  1. Voronkov, Dmitri [Reserve List]
  2. 2021 1st round pick (CBJ)
Additional Details:
**2021 1ST ROUND PICK CONDITIONS**

If Columbus' 1st Round Pick is a lottery pick, they have the option on whether or not they would like to defer the pick to their 2022 1st Round Pick or move forward giving Dallas their 2021 1st Round Pick

Voronkov is a longer term, wait & see kind of prospect. He's playing in the KHL which has some skepticism attached to it anyway, but he hasn't done too bad for an 18-year old in what's widely considered the 2nd best league in the world. Not one of the Jackets "Top" prospects, but still one that could make an NHL impact at some point in the future.
CBJ
  1. Pavelski, Joe ($3,000,000 retained)
Additional Details:
Bottom line is that Pavelski is off to the hottest start of his NHL career....and that's on an offensively abysmal team. He can play in just about every facet of the game, and given Columbus' need for a top-6 Center, he fits on to their roster real well, especially if they are going to make a run at a playoff birth this year.

That 4th place spot in the central looks to be pretty contentious & Pavelski would be a solid piece to help the Jackets keep pace with teams like the Hawks and possibly the Predators.

With only 1 year left on his contract & Dallas eating nearly half of his contract next season, this move really benefits Columbus and allows them to potentially add another piece or two.
DAL
  1. Niemelä, Topi [Reserve List]
  2. 2021 2nd round pick (TOR)
Additional Details:
I fully expect this to be a late 2nd Round Pick, hence the prospect added to the deal.

Stars need some young RD help in their prospect pool & I highly doubt the Leafs are going to part with Liljegren so that brings me to Niemela. Playing in Liiga, he's probably got at least another year before he comes over to North America, but he gives the Stars a little bit of organizational depth at their shallowest position.
TOR
  1. Khudobin, Anton
  2. 2021 4th round pick (DAL)
Additional Details:
Khudobin has showed that he has the potential to play at a very high level when he is not the primary goalie in the crease. He is an extremely capable split starter & can spell Andersen during his slumps. He gives Toronto 2 options in net instead of relying on one goalie to carry them through the end of the season & postseason.

He's also under contract for the next 2 years, so it gives Toronto a little bit of a buffer to find their future starter, if they decide to move on from Andersen this offseason.
Buyouts
Retained Salary Transactions
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the DAL
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the CBJ
Logo of the DAL
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the DAL
Logo of the DAL
Logo of the DAL
Logo of the DAL
Logo of the DAL
Logo of the DAL
Logo of the DAL
Logo of the DAL
Logo of the DAL
Logo of the DAL
Logo of the DAL
Logo of the DAL
Logo of the DAL
Logo of the DAL
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the DAL
Logo of the DAL
Logo of the DAL
Logo of the DAL
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
22$81,500,000$67,201,198$3,047,866$3,545,000$14,298,802
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Dallas Stars
$9,500,000$9,500,000
LW, C
NMC
UFA - 5
Logo of the Dallas Stars
$3,150,000$3,150,000
C
UFA - 3
Logo of the Dallas Stars
$2,550,000$2,550,000
RW, LW
UFA - 2
Logo of the Dallas Stars
$795,000$795,000 (Performance Bonus$82,500$82K)
LW, RW
RFA - 2
Logo of the Dallas Stars
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$537,500$538K)
RW
RFA - 3
Logo of the Dallas Stars
$738,333$738,333
LW, RW
UFA - 1
Logo of the Dallas Stars
$3,250,000$3,250,000
LW
M-NTC
UFA - 1
Logo of the Dallas Stars
$3,250,000$3,250,000
C, LW
UFA - 5
Logo of the Dallas Stars
$2,400,000$2,400,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
Logo of the Dallas Stars
$925,000$925,000
C, LW
UFA - 1
Logo of the Dallas Stars
$1,500,000$1,500,000
C, LW
UFA - 1
Logo of the Boston Bruins
$1,350,000$1,350,000
RW, C
UFA - 3
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
Logo of the Dallas Stars
$5,800,000$5,800,000
LD
UFA - 5
Logo of the Dallas Stars
$894,166$894,166 (Performance Bonus$2,500,000$2M)
LD/RD
UFA - 1
Logo of the Dallas Stars
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$425,000$425K)
G
RFA - 2
Logo of the Dallas Stars
$2,137,500$2,137,500
LD/RD
UFA - 1
Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers
$3,250,000$3,250,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
Logo of the Dallas Stars
$700,000$700,000
G
UFA - 1
Logo of the Dallas Stars
$1,500,000$1,500,000
LD/RD
UFA - 2
Logo of the Dallas Stars
$750,000$750,000
RD
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
Logo of the Dallas Stars
$700,000$700,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
Logo of the Dallas Stars
$925,000$925,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
Logo of the Dallas Stars
$4,916,667$4,916,667
G
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 3
Logo of the Dallas Stars
$750,000$750,000
C, LW
UFA - 1
Logo of the Dallas Stars
$9,850,000$9,850,000
C, RW
NMC
UFA - 7
Logo of the Dallas Stars
$2,350,000$2,350,000
RD
UFA - 1
Taxi Squad
Logo of the Dallas Stars
$737,500$737,500 ($0$0$0$0)
RD
UFA - 1
Logo of the Dallas Stars
$725,000$725,000 ($0$0$0$0)
C, RW
UFA - 2
Logo of the Dallas Stars
$762,500$762,500 ($0$0$0$0)
C, LW
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Mar. 25, 2021 at 12:47 a.m.
True Reverse Retro
And for the record, I was going to make an Oleksiak and possibly a Lindell trade as well, but it's 1:00am and I'm tired
Tntpod liked this.
Mar. 25, 2021 at 12:52 a.m.
What in tarnation
Fwiw re-signing conditions got banned in the new CBA, so they won't work.

Overall I think the idea's good, but imo it's a bit weird concept that Dobby for example is so much more valuable than Radulov. I think DAL could get a better haul for him and Klingberg.

Pavs NMC is a problem. Also I can't see CBJ moving any more picks. Their prospect pool is meh and their current team is also just that.
Mar. 25, 2021 at 12:56 a.m.
Formerly Jamiepo
Quoting: justaBoss

Overall I think the idea's good, but imo it's a bit weird concept that Dobby for example is so much more valuable than Radulov. I think DAL could get a better haul for him and Klingberg.

Pavs NMC is a problem. Also I can't see CBJ moving any more picks. Their prospect pool is meh and their current team is also just that.

Lol, leafs aren’t giving up the top Dman from the juniors and a 2nd for him.

The Klingberg trade is already ridiculously tilted towards the stars.
Mar. 25, 2021 at 1:00 a.m.
True Reverse Retro

Well that's unfortunate regarding the CBA.

I don't think I have Dobby valued higher than Radulov here. Rads has the potential to fetch a 1st Round Pick, if he can stay healthy. With Khudobin, you're essentially only moving up 35-45 picks in the draft by moving him. His value was higher earlier in the year, but I think his play this season has dropped it a bit. A mid-level prospect & a 35ish spot jump in the draft is pretty accurate for what I'd expect a team that needs a backup/1B to pay, especially with the expansion draft coming up. Klingberg probably should fetch more, I'm just hesitant to add another good piece to this deal, because I know for a fact some people will think that this trade is already too much.

Yeah, the Radulov & Pavelski trades are dependent on whether or not they waive their clauses. If they aren't willing to move then this ACGM is moot.
justaBoss liked this.
Mar. 25, 2021 at 1:02 a.m.
What in tarnation
Quoting: Jamiepo
Lol, leafs aren’t giving up the top Dman from the juniors and a 2nd for him.

The Klingberg trade is already ridiculously tilted towards the stars.

Honestly it is not. Klingberg has been amazing this year, while being dirt cheap. Easily the best player in the Stars.

All the while Sanheim's been pretty bad. I wouldn't be too surprised if DAL could get more than this honestly - especially if they dealt him now with 1,5 years left.

Dobby traded is lopsided though. I agree that much.
TheMooterus liked this.
Mar. 25, 2021 at 1:03 a.m.
What in tarnation
Quoting: TheMooterus
Well that's unfortunate regarding the CBA.

I don't think I have Dobby valued higher than Radulov here. Rads has the potential to fetch a 1st Round Pick, if he can stay healthy. With Khudobin, you're essentially only moving up 35-45 picks in the draft by moving him. His value was higher earlier in the year, but I think his play this season has dropped it a bit. A mid-level prospect & a 35ish spot jump in the draft is pretty accurate for what I'd expect a team that needs a backup/1B to pay, especially with the expansion draft coming up. Klingberg probably should fetch more, I'm just hesitant to add another good piece to this deal, because I know for a fact some people will think that this trade is already too much.

Yeah, the Radulov & Pavelski trades are dependent on whether or not they waive their clauses. If they aren't willing to move then this ACGM is moot.

I mean you're taking a 2nd from both teams, but the difference between Wagner and Niemelä is immense. Wagner is a player who wouldn't be claimed from the waivers if he was put there, while Niemelä would probably be a first round pick this year.
Mar. 25, 2021 at 1:07 a.m.
True Reverse Retro
I mean you're taking a 2nd from both teams, but the difference between Wagner and Niemelä is immense. Wagner is a player who wouldn't be claimed from the waivers if he was put there, while Niemelä would probably be a first round pick this year.

Wagner is just thrown in for cap purposes. Hell, the Stars could buy him if they wanted to (I wouldn't, but that's a Nill decision). Sure Neimela is probably a bit ambitious on my end. make it Loponen or something then. The value for Dallas comes in the fact that they don't have to carry 3 goalies next season or send Oettinger down to the AHL. Just another reason the Stars signing Khudobin for 3-years was a HIGHLY questionable decision by Nill
Mar. 25, 2021 at 1:12 a.m.
What in tarnation
Quoting: TheMooterus
Wagner is just thrown in for cap purposes. Hell, the Stars could buy him if they wanted to (I wouldn't, but that's a Nill decision). Sure Neimela is probably a bit ambitious on my end. make it Loponen or something then. The value for Dallas comes in the fact that they don't have to carry 3 goalies next season or send Oettinger down to the AHL. Just another reason the Stars signing Khudobin for 3-years was a HIGHLY questionable decision by Nill

Honestly I think it was a ploy by Nill to have a desirable asset for Seattle to take.

I think Dobby's heading to Kraken, and Bish and Otter become the Stars goalies.
Mar. 25, 2021 at 1:25 a.m.
Kind of a lot to give up from PHI. What about a trade involving Konecny? Flyers have they ability to be able to give up a forward of that caliber for a Dman like Klingberg. Also think Konecny would be a nice fit for Dallas feel like they could use a RH shot winger.
Mar. 25, 2021 at 5:24 a.m.
As a CBJ fan it would be hard to make that trade. I like Pavelski but the Jackets to me are not a great or even a good team right now. They don’t need to buy right now. The Jackets need to recoup some picks using potential UFAs and use salary space this offseason to improve the top 6.
Mar. 25, 2021 at 5:35 a.m.
The PHI trade, even based on peformance this year, is probably too much for PHI. The addition of Tyson F is probably too much.... Koneckny and a 2nd or Sanheim and a 1st and 3rd is probably real close.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll