Team: 2020-21 Boston Bruins
Initial Creation Date: Mar. 31, 2021
Published: Mar. 31, 2021
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Basically the break down is;

Palms for zboril & 2nd
Murray for steen & 3rd

Might've gave too much for murray idk. I think there's a good chance Palms could re-sign too since he lives in MA during the summer and trains with wags & coyle.
Trades
BOS
  1. Murray, Ryan ($2,300,000 retained)
  2. Palmieri, Kyle ($2,325,000 retained)
NJD
  1. Steen, Oskar
  2. Zboril, Jakub
  3. 2021 2nd round pick (BOS)
  4. 2022 3rd round pick (BOS)
Retained Salary Transactions
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
22$81,500,000$79,117,314$964,222$2,300,000$2,382,686
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Boston Bruins
$6,125,000$6,125,000
LW
NMC
UFA - 5
$6,875,000$6,875,000
C
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 2
$6,666,667$6,666,667
RW
UFA - 3
$3,675,000$3,675,000
RW, LW
UFA - 2
$7,250,000$7,250,000
C
M-NTC
UFA - 1
Logo of the New Jersey Devils
$0$0
RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$1,498,925$1,498,925
LW
UFA - 1
$5,250,000$5,250,000
C, RW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 6
$3,100,000$3,100,000
RW
UFA - 3
$1,600,000$1,600,000
LW, RW
UFA - 3
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$300,000$300K)
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$1,350,000$1,350,000
RW, C
UFA - 3
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
Logo of the New Jersey Devils
$2,300,000$2,300,000
LD
UFA - 1
$4,900,000$4,900,000
RD
UFA - 2
$7,000,000$7,000,000
G
UFA - 1
$3,687,500$3,687,500
LD
UFA - 4
$2,850,000$2,850,000
RD
UFA - 1
$2,250,000$2,250,000 (Performance Bonus$1,250,000$1M)
G
UFA - 1
$1,000,000$1,000,000
RD
UFA - 3
$850,000$850,000
LD/RD
UFA - 2
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$1,275,000$1,275,000
C, LW
UFA - 1
$2,600,000$2,600,000
RW
UFA - 1
$700,000$700,000
LD
UFA - 1
$1,250,000$1,250,000 (Performance Bonus$750,000$750K)
RD
UFA - 1
Taxi Squad
$2,750,000$2,750,000 ($1,675,000$2M$1,675,000$2M)
LD
UFA - 3
$800,000$800,000 ($0$0$0$0)
RD
UFA - 1
$725,000$725,000 ($0$0$0$0)
RW
UFA - 2
$700,000$700,000 ($0$0$0$0)
C, LW
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Mar. 31, 2021 at 6:32 p.m.
Palmieri will cost more, Murray less but I like the idea to acquire both.
Mar. 31, 2021 at 6:34 p.m.
Once a Kings Fan Too
I think that New Jersey will hold out for a first for Palmieri, especially if they retain.
Mar. 31, 2021 at 6:48 p.m.
Think Palmieri costs a bit more - and I believe NJD are looking for prospects and young players over picks.
That said, I like the approach.
Mar. 31, 2021 at 6:55 p.m.
Quoting: OldNYIfan
I think that New Jersey will hold out for a first for Palmieri, especially if they retain.

They did that last TDL and no one bit. Maybe they'll find a taker this year, but hard to imagine they'd get one now when they couldn't get one last year.
Mar. 31, 2021 at 7:08 p.m.
j_cash08
Quoting: ON3M4N
They did that last TDL and no one bit. Maybe they'll find a taker this year, but hard to imagine they'd get one now when they couldn't get one last year.

Yeah hard to say they'll get a first right now while he's strictly a rental. maybe a conditional 2nd becomes a first if he resigns. But like said before I think NJ is looking for roster players.
Mar. 31, 2021 at 7:12 p.m.
Jinchu
Edited Mar. 31, 2021 at 7:19 p.m.

Even if they don't get a 1st, Fitz has said he wants pro ready prospects/young roster players over picks and we saw that last deadline with him acquiring Nolan Foote and Janne Kuokkanen. If he doesnt get what hes looking for he just won't make the move
Mar. 31, 2021 at 7:39 p.m.
Quoting: jinchoo
Even if they don't get a 1st, Fitz has said he wants pro ready prospects/young roster players over picks and we saw that last deadline with him acquiring Nolan Foote and Janne Kuokkanen. If he doesnt get what hes looking for he just won't make the move

He can certainly not make a move, but Palms is a pending UFA and by the TDL they'll know if he's part of the future or not. If he's not, NJD would be dumb not to move him.
Mar. 31, 2021 at 10:13 p.m.
Jinchu
He can certainly not make a move, but Palms is a pending UFA and by the TDL they'll know if he's part of the future or not. If he's not, NJD would be dumb not to move him.

I wouldnt say dumb. Palms has made it known he wants to stay, and wants to keep his family in NJ. So even if he is moved at the deadline, its somewhat likely he goes back in free agency after the expansion draft. Fitz would be dumb to not move him because hes arguably the best rental forward on the market and should be able to get a very good return. Hes not just going to move him for picks or a not so good prospect(like Zboril or Senyshyn who dont fit what Fitz wants). If he feels the return isnt worth it, he'll just keep Palms and re-sign him instead of giving him away for nothing. The team needs his veteran presence and shooters so it wouldnt be the worst move. The Bruins are probably the worst trade partner for the Devils right now, they dont really have much that peaks the Devils interest. Vaakanainen is the probably the only one, but hes not being moved for a rental. I see Palms going elsewhere, because someone will almost certainly beat whatever the Bruins can offer
Apr. 1, 2021 at 7:11 a.m.
I wouldnt say dumb. Palms has made it known he wants to stay, and wants to keep his family in NJ. So even if he is moved at the deadline, its somewhat likely he goes back in free agency after the expansion draft. Fitz would be dumb to not move him because hes arguably the best rental forward on the market and should be able to get a very good return. Hes not just going to move him for picks or a not so good prospect(like Zboril or Senyshyn who dont fit what Fitz wants). If he feels the return isnt worth it, he'll just keep Palms and re-sign him instead of giving him away for nothing. The team needs his veteran presence and shooters so it wouldnt be the worst move. The Bruins are probably the worst trade partner for the Devils right now, they dont really have much that peaks the Devils interest. Vaakanainen is the probably the only one, but hes not being moved for a rental. I see Palms going elsewhere, because someone will almost certainly beat whatever the Bruins can offer

Well I hate to tell you this but last year the best offer NJD received for Palms was from Boston. This year the two have already talked again about a deal. So while you want to say that Boston doesn't have much to peak NJD interest, it ls just not true. Btw kind of telling NJD slapped the "C" Nico instead of Palms. You'd have thought if Palms was a long-term piece for NJD they would have given him the "C" instead.
Apr. 1, 2021 at 12:01 p.m.
Jinchu
Well I hate to tell you this but last year the best offer NJD received for Palms was from Boston. This year the two have already talked again about a deal. So while you want to say that Boston doesn't have much to peak NJD interest, it ls just not true. Btw kind of telling NJD slapped the "C" Nico instead of Palms. You'd have thought if Palms was a long-term piece for NJD they would have given him the "C" instead.

They werent looking to trade Palms. Fitz needed to be completely blown away by the offer to even consider moving him, and after the return he got for Coleman nobody was giving up what it would've taken to get Palm last year. Palms obviously isnt in their long term plans, i never said he was, but they still need vets for the next couple of years. And yes, i stand by what i said of Boston is the worst trade partner for the Devils here, their pieces arent good compared to essentially every other team who will be in the mix.
Apr. 1, 2021 at 1:39 p.m.
They werent looking to trade Palms. Fitz needed to be completely blown away by the offer to even consider moving him, and after the return he got for Coleman nobody was giving up what it would've taken to get Palm last year. Palms obviously isnt in their long term plans, i never said he was, but they still need vets for the next couple of years. And yes, i stand by what i said of Boston is the worst trade partner for the Devils here, their pieces arent good compared to essentially every other team who will be in the mix.

Looking to deal him? no, but they were in a lot of discussion with other teams for deal including him. As for the bolded, Palms is a UFA this off-season and if he's not in NJD's long-term plan then why would they sign him? Palms is looking for his last big contract and he's not going to sign for a few years to stay in NJD and then become a UFA again at 32-33 yr old. Lastly you can think what you'd like about Boston as a trade partner, but I can tell you NJD very much is interested in some pieces that Boston has and that's why they started talking again earlier this year.
Apr. 1, 2021 at 2:00 p.m.
Jinchu
Looking to deal him? no, but they were in a lot of discussion with other teams for deal including him. As for the bolded, Palms is a UFA this off-season and if he's not in NJD's long-term plan then why would they sign him? Palms is looking for his last big contract and he's not going to sign for a few years to stay in NJD and then become a UFA again at 32-33 yr old. Lastly you can think what you'd like about Boston as a trade partner, but I can tell you NJD very much is interested in some pieces that Boston has and that's why they started talking again earlier this year.

They werent in a lot of discussion with other teams to deal him though. Fitz openly said he wasnt shopping him or looking to trade him, but he would obviously listen if teams came calling. He also flat out said that he didnt get into any serious or deep discussions about actually moving him. He's not in the long term plans because once that team is ready to compete he'll be well out of his prime. He will absolutely re-sign for a few years in NJ when he realize that nobody will give him a huge contract on the market that he wants, and his entire life is there. NJ would gladly bring him back on a short deal because they need veterans on the team. I still stand by that Boston is the worst trade partner here, they have by far the least interesting potential returns, which is why when it comes down to it and he gets moved he wont be going to Boston. Its okay if you wanna ignore that and think your scraps are getting a trade done.
Apr. 1, 2021 at 2:28 p.m.
They werent in a lot of discussion with other teams to deal him though. Fitz openly said he wasnt shopping him or looking to trade him, but he would obviously listen if teams came calling. He also flat out said that he didnt get into any serious or deep discussions about actually moving him. He's not in the long term plans because once that team is ready to compete he'll be well out of his prime. He will absolutely re-sign for a few years in NJ when he realize that nobody will give him a huge contract on the market that he wants, and his entire life is there. NJ would gladly bring him back on a short deal because they need veterans on the team. I still stand by that Boston is the worst trade partner here, they have by far the least interesting potential returns, which is why when it comes down to it and he gets moved he wont be going to Boston. Its okay if you wanna ignore that and think your scraps are getting a trade done.

LOL I can tell you they were in talks with a handful of teams for Palms. Fitz is going to say those things and every GM does because they want to try and get more out of teams. If you're looking to deal a guy I'm offering you a lot less than if your not. That's 101 level negotiation stuff lol. BTW you know where Palms spends his summers? In Boston, where he works out with Chris Wagner (buddies from their days in ANH). You can stand by any statement you want and can say it as many times as you want, but the reality is there are pieces in Boston that NJD would like (that aren't star players). I'm not saying he will be traded (or that if does it'll be Boston) or that he won't re-sign, but the longer he goes without a deal, the less likely he is to come back. Guess we'll see how this unfolds

cheers
Apr. 1, 2021 at 3:45 p.m.

BTW New Jersey has been scouting Bruins AHL team and were doing so as recent as yesterday.
Apr. 1, 2021 at 4:23 p.m.
Jinchu
BTW New Jersey has been scouting Bruins AHL team and were doing so as recent as yesterday.

New Jersey has been scouting multiple teams and prospects for weeks now. Why would they not do their due-diligence on everybody who has made a call on any of their players?
Apr. 1, 2021 at 4:29 p.m.
New Jersey has been scouting multiple teams and prospects for weeks now. Why would they not do their due-diligence on everybody who has made a call on any of their players?

Why scout a teams prospects if Palms "won't be going to Boston" as you said. Seems like a waste of time and resources, no?
Apr. 1, 2021 at 4:34 p.m.
Jinchu
Why scout a teams prospects if Palms "won't be going to Boston" as you said. Seems like a waste of time and resources, no?

Because it would be irresponsible not to? They have scouts at NHL and AHL games every single night, even meaningless teams/games who have zero interest in buying. As of a week and a half ago they've taken calls and received interest in their players from essentially 20+ teams, every playoff and bubble team to be exact, according to LeBrun. So it'd just be silly on their part to not do their due-diligence on all the teams and keep tabs on everything going on
Apr. 1, 2021 at 4:37 p.m.
Because it would be irresponsible not to? They have scouts at NHL and AHL games every single night, even meaningless teams/games who have zero interest in buying. As of a week and a half ago they've taken calls and received interest in their players from essentially 20+ teams, every playoff and bubble team to be exact, according to LeBrun. So it'd just be silly on their part to not do their due-diligence on all the teams and keep tabs on everything going on

Lol keep trying to spin it anyway you want. NJD has more interest in Bruins prospects than you want to think. In fairness though it was a 2 for 1 special as they also wanted to get a look at a few guy for the Islanders farm team
Apr. 1, 2021 at 4:48 p.m.
Jinchu
Lol keep trying to spin it anyway you want. NJD has more interest in Bruins prospects than you want to think. In fairness though it was a 2 for 1 special as they also wanted to get a look at a few guy for the Islanders farm team

Im not spinning it any way, they literally have scouts at a ton of different NHL and AHL games. They seemingly have a ton of interest in their players and it would just be stupid of them to not do their homework on whatever teams are calling.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll