Forums/Armchair-GM

contender stanley cup three zero Made a couple of adjustments

Created by: ural740811
Team: 2021-22 Edmonton Oilers
Initial Creation Date: May 8, 2021
Published: May 8, 2021
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Jones is the most obvious candidate for Seattle. For us, this is the best of evils. We have an overabundance of defenders and objectively there is no place for Jones in the first team. Thoughts are heard that it is necessary to exchange Jones before the expansion draft in order not to lose a valuable asset for a gift, but the fact is that if Jones is not there, then a good striker will be chosen (such as Kahun, Khaira, Shore), whom we cannot defend, and Edmonton does not need that, since we have every good striker on our account. I think the relationship between Koskinen and Neil is over for the next year and we need to get rid of them, I think an exchange with withholding of wages is more profitable for the organization than a ransom that will last for many years, this is not what. I consider this trilateral exchange to be mutually beneficial for all participants. For Edmonton, we are throwing off heavy player contracts that no longer qualify for the main squad. I think Skinner is at least not weaker than Koskinen, it's enough to recall the recent epic match when the first three shots on goal Koskinen were highlighted on the scoreboard with a catastrophic 4: 0 score not in favor of Edmonton.
How Kahun played with Hopkins is a fairy tale, I think it needs to be extended for a million, this amount seems to be optimal.
I think replacing Chiasson with acquisitions from the free market of Glendening, which will ideally be the fourth center of the team and it will be much more useful and versatile than Chiasson.
Benson, Marody and of course Mcleod have earned a permanent spot with the main team for the 21-22 season.
Our promising prospects Holloway, Lavoie and Broberg will start next season in Bakersfield, it will be useful for them, and in the event of a breakthrough regular season, we can think about raising these prospects to the main team towards the end of the season. Holloway can be useful in any position and play both in the top 6 (maybe he will go to the left edge of the link to McDavid), and in the bottom 6. Lavoye is also a wagon with a right grip, I consider him a promising addition to the third three on the right flank to Mcleod, depending on the situation at the point, it can be either Mcleod or Lavoye. Or maybe even try, as an option on the right flank to McDavid.
Smith a well-deserved renewal for a decent amount.
Bouchard is finally gaining a permanent presence at the base, and I consider it correct, reasonable and logical for our organization to choose a promising young Bouchard over Barrie. I see Barrie going into a $ 6 million deal for five years in a fictitious Vancouver, for example.
Klefbom returns and keeps his elite level.
Don't Renew Koekoek hasn't really played in the season.
Kulikov from the moment he appeared in the team, one can draw conclusions about his game, he has a lot of experience, is physically strong, tries to make bold decisions and make sharpening passes to the attackers, but unfortunately he often makes hasty decisions when passing, after which it ended several times scoring attacks into our gates, in other words, will fry and not cold-blooded in decision-making. Kris Russell is an order of magnitude more reliable, so the choice in favor of our veteran is obvious. We are extending experienced Ennis, Patrick Russell, Cracknell, and lowering Turris into the AHL, all this is done to add depth to the squad, their experience will be useful for Edmonton. A welcome addition is the nearly ten million under the cap, which gives leeway and creativity to Ken Holland and Dave Tippett. With such opportunities, if necessary, you can close any problem positions in the composition. But I believe that the internal reserves are talented enough not to resort to wasting free funds in the free agent market.
Free Agent Signings
RESERVE LISTYEARSCAP HIT
2$750,000
2$750,000
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
2$800,000
1$1,300,000
1$1,200,000
2$800,000
2$850,000
3$800,000
1$750,000
2$2,250,000
UFAYEARSCAP HIT
2$2,000,000
6$6,500,000
3$3,500,000
1$750,000
1$2,000,000
1$925,000
1$800,000
1$750,000
CREATEDYEARSCAP HIT
Desharnais, Vincent
1$750,000
Hamblin, James
1$750,000
Trades
EDM
  1. 2022 4th round pick (EDM)
NJD
  1. 2022 3rd round pick (EDM)
Additional Details:
*Conditions: The 2022 4th round pick will upgrade to a 2022 3rd round pick if the Oilers win a playoff round in the 2020-21 Stanley Cup playoffs
Result: Condition met. Oilers win a playoff round in the 2020-21 Stanley Cup playoffs.
EDM
    SEATTLE EXPANSION DRAFT
    EDM
      WAIVERS
      ANA
      1. Stalock, Alex
      Additional Details:
      any team
      EDM
      1. 2023 7th round pick (SJS)
      Additional Details:
      *Conditions: Koskinen will play 30+ games and save percentage 90% +.
      SJS
      1. Koskinen, Mikko ($2,250,000 retained)
      2. Lennström, Theodor [RFA Rights]
      3. Neal, James ($2,875,000 retained)
      4. Slepyshev, Anton [Reserve List]
      5. 2021 4th round pick (EDM)
      Additional Details:
      2023 7th round pick (DET)
      *Conditions: The 2023 7th round pick goes to the Sharks if Neal will score 12 goals in the regular season 2021-22

3-way trade
      EDM
      1. 2023 7th round pick (DET)
      Additional Details:
      *Conditions: The 2023 7th round pick goes to the Sharks if Neal will score 12 goals in the regular season 2021-22
      DET
        Neal, James
        ($2,000,000 retained)
        (cap hit $875,000)
        SJS transfers to DET

3-way trade
        Buyouts
        Retained Salary Transactions
        Buried
        DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
        Logo of the EDM
        Logo of the EDM
        Logo of the PIT
        Logo of the EDM
        Logo of the EDM
        Logo of the EDM
        Logo of the EDM
        Logo of the EDM
        Logo of the EDM
        Logo of the EDM
        Logo of the EDM
        Logo of the EDM
        Logo of the EDM
        Logo of the EDM
        Logo of the EDM
        Logo of the EDM
        Logo of the EDM
        Logo of the SJS
        Logo of the DET
        ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
        23$81,500,000$72,883,839$669,339$907,500$8,616,161

Roster

Left WingCentreRight Wing
        Logo of the Edmonton Oilers
        $1,200,000$1,200,000
        LW, RW, C
        UFA
        $12,500,000$12,500,000
        C
        UFA - 5
        $1,175,000$1,175,000
        RW
        UFA - 1
        $6,500,000$6,500,000
        LW, C
        UFA - 8
        $8,500,000$8,500,000
        C, LW
        UFA - 4
        $2,250,000$2,250,000
        RW
        RFA - 1
        $1,500,000$1,500,000
        RW, LW
        UFA - 1
        $834,167$834,167 (Performance Bonus$57,500$58K)
        C
        RFA - 1
        $800,000$800,000
        C, RW
        UFA - 1
        $1,300,000$1,300,000
        LW, C
        UFA - 2
        $2,000,000$2,000,000
        C, RW, LW
        UFA - 2
        $3,200,000$3,200,000
        RW
        UFA - 3
        $800,000$800,000
        LW, RW
        UFA - 1
        $850,000$850,000
        LW, C, RW
        UFA - 2
        Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
        $5,600,000$5,600,000
        LD
        UFA - 1
        $2,000,000$2,000,000
        RD
        UFA - 1
        $4,167,000$4,167,000
        LD
        M-NTC
        UFA - 2
        $3,500,000$3,500,000
        RD
        UFA - 4
        $725,000$725,000
        LD/RD
        UFA - 1
        $863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
        RD
        RFA - 2
        $2,000,000$2,000,000
        G
        UFA - 2
        $1,250,000$1,250,000
        LD/RD
        UFA - 1
        $800,000$800,000
        G
        UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
        • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
        May 8, 2021 at 9:54 p.m.
        ural740811
        In general, a very worthy and dangerous team looms in Edmonton next year, which will loudly declare its claims for the cup, and become one of the main contenders for the Stanley Cup
        May 8, 2021 at 9:58 p.m.
        Banned
        Like i stated on your other thread, What's Detroit receiving for retaining $2,000,000 on Neal? And why would Detroit be surrendering a conditional 2023 7th round pick to the Sharks if Neal scores 12 goals.
        aedoran liked this.
        May 8, 2021 at 10:16 p.m.
        ural740811
        Quoting: DiehardRedWingsFan58
        Like i stated on your other thread, What's Detroit receiving for retaining $2,000,000 on Neal? And why would Detroit be surrendering a conditional 2023 7th round pick to the Sharks if Neal scores 12 goals.

A bit wrong. Perhaps it is not entirely clear from the schedule what I mean. Edmonton gets a conditional choice of round 7 of 2023 SJS, San Jose gets Koskinen with a salary of $ 2,250,000, rights to Lenstrom and Slepyshev, also 4 round of 2021 EDM and a conditional choice in round 7 of 2023 from Detroit in case of a successful Neil game, and Detroit gets Neela, with a salary of $ 875,000 for two years, and for this gives only gives a conditional choice in the 7th round of 2023. I consider Neil an experienced, physically strong, gorgeous hand and leadership qualities of a veteran who will come in handy for the Detroit under construction, this is theft. Well, if Neal does not go with such a salary, he can be easily lowered to Grand Rapids without any fines.
        May 8, 2021 at 10:19 p.m.
        Pop Pop
        8 million in cap space and your going with Mike Smith whos been good but is 39 and a kid with 1 nhl game. Its ridiculous.
        aedoran liked this.
        May 8, 2021 at 10:35 p.m.
        ural740811
        Quoting: Jfstompers
        8 million in cap space and your going with Mike Smith whos been good but is 39 and a kid with 1 nhl game. Its ridiculous.

I do not insist. I just gave an option. I wrote in advance that having 9 million under the cap gives Holland room to act. It is possible to sign a goalkeeper from the market like Ullmark 4 million for the season with a possible extension for a long time based on the results of the performances for the season. As for Smith, age is not an indicator at all, look at him in phenomenal physical shape, he has tremendous experience, in his mentality he has always been the top 1 goalkeeper for the team, excellent leadership qualities, and unmatched stick control. And Holland said about this that age does not matter to him, if an athlete shows good results, he had experience of signing players for 40+ years (Chelios, Hasek, ...)
        May 8, 2021 at 10:42 p.m.
        So what does Detroit get in return for taking the dinosaur?
        ural740811 liked this.
        May 8, 2021 at 10:48 p.m.
        ural740811
        Quoting: aedoran
        So what does Detroit get in return for taking the dinosaur?

Apparently so smile
        May 9, 2021 at 10:02 a.m.
        This is terrible, San Jose and Detroit laugh at your attempt to get rid of Neal without giving up anything remotely worthwhile
        FunMustBeAlways liked this.
        May 9, 2021 at 11:18 a.m.
        ural740811
        Quoting: Drw4209
        This is terrible, San Jose and Detroit laugh at your attempt to get rid of Neal without giving up anything remotely worthwhile

maybe you're right
        May 9, 2021 at 8:19 p.m.
        I don't like to be negative on here, so I will not comment on your trades.

However, I do want to comment on the signings you've proposed.

1. Matt Cairns is not an NHL prospect, so he will not be signed.
        2. Rasanen is not an NHL prospect, he is more of winger than a center and is a poor skater.
        3. Desharnais has been excellent in Bakersfield and has signed a 2 year AHL contract, but he is not (yet) an NHL prospect and won't be signed. Same with Hambelin.
        4. Can you please explain why you think Dylan Wells will be resigned?
        5. Do you think Yamamoto get $2 million+ for scoring 8 goals playing mostly with with one or both of the best 2 players on the planet? Do you really think he gets more than JP?
        6. Glendenning is amazing at face-offs, but below average everywhere else, he won't get more than $900 K
        7. Ennis has played very little, he won't get much more than league minimum
        8. Patrick Russell, unless he actually plays playoff games and has significant results, won't be re-signed.
        9. Nuge won't make more than $6 Million in Edmonton. Unless he agrees to $5 million, he won't be back next season.

This lineup is not strong. Glendenning and Skinner won't make the Oilers a Stanley Cup contender next season. Skinner needs more AHL time.

Perhaps a 2019 version of Klef helps a lot, but outside of 97 & 29, this is still a pop gun offense.
        May 10, 2021 at 1:39 a.m.
        ural740811
        Quoting: Wilbur
        I don't like to be negative on here, so I will not comment on your trades.

However, I do want to comment on the signings you've proposed.

1. Matt Cairns is not an NHL prospect, so he will not be signed.
        2. Rasanen is not an NHL prospect, he is more of winger than a center and is a poor skater.
        3. Desharnais has been excellent in Bakersfield and has signed a 2 year AHL contract, but he is not (yet) an NHL prospect and won't be signed. Same with Hambelin.
        4. Can you please explain why you think Dylan Wells will be resigned?
        5. Do you think Yamamoto get $2 million+ for scoring 8 goals playing mostly with with one or both of the best 2 players on the planet? Do you really think he gets more than JP?
        6. Glendenning is amazing at face-offs, but below average everywhere else, he won't get more than $900 K
        7. Ennis has played very little, he won't get much more than league minimum
        8. Patrick Russell, unless he actually plays playoff games and has significant results, won't be re-signed.
        9. Nuge won't make more than $6 Million in Edmonton. Unless he agrees to $5 million, he won't be back next season.

This lineup is not strong. Glendenning and Skinner won't make the Oilers a Stanley Cup contender next season. Skinner needs more AHL time.

Perhaps a 2019 version of Klef helps a lot, but outside of 97 & 29, this is still a pop gun offense.

Thanks for the detailed question. I will try not to disappoint with my answer. I meant the signing of bilateral entry level contracts with the prospectuses Cairns, Rasanen, I think these signing are justified. Of course, I am not saying that this is correct, it is possible to sign AHL contracts for the season, and then look at the results of further prospects, but I am sure to sign. As you can say what a hockey player has a future in the NHL or no future, at this age you cannot put a stigma on a player, their development is systematic, Cairns has not played a single game in the AHL, you need to give him and other prospects a chance, and then talk about their future prospects. Cairns had a decent season in the student league, and he is not a dispatcher, but in the long term it may well become a good couch potato in the NHL. Therefore, the next logical step is the transition to the AHL. Naturally, if he is our prospectus, that is why I indicated that it was signed, because I think one should not throw young prospectuses around for organizing, it is akin to suicide. I think each prospect should be carefully and systematically led from the very bottom to higher levels, and already in the AHL to improve their strengths, otherwise there is simply no way to make a champion team. There is no such way for a young hockey player to start playing in the NHL, even the first-round players are not all capable of this. As for Desharnais, Hambelin, they showed themselves great in the Condors, I think the signing of bilateral agreements with Edmonton with these hockey players is justified. I didn’t understand the question about Wells, I gave him a bilateral contract for a year for a minimum amount, but I agree that you can limit yourself to a contract at the AHL level or ask him for a discussion question, depending on how the coaching staff looks at his further professional progress. The most incomprehensible question for me, Yamamoto and two million, really this guy with his game did not deserve a salary increase a little more than twice from the initial contract, what do you think? I am based in my reasoning not on statistics, but on the real game on ice in fact, the energy that Yamamoto gives is still to be looked for, the level of transfers that this guy makes, not every team has hockey players comparable in level. I think if he would have been bad, a mammoth like Tippett would have kept him in the top6 for the second season in a row, the boy from the AHL immediately got into the top6, this is probably an indicator. And Pulyujarvi came from the Finnish league, previous merits do not count and therefore he had to prove his worth at the NHL level again. His next contract will be $ 4 million a year, I'm sure. At the expense of Glendenning and 900,000, I dare disagree with you. This guy has a salary of 1.8 million, is still at a productive age for his role, had a great season and I'm sure he will get 2 million in the market easily, given the amount of rough work that he is able to shoulder. Ennis and Patrick Russell are excellent professionals who will give us the necessary depth and whom I plan to drop into the AHL and not be afraid of losing them through draft refusals, at the expense of 925,000 for Ennis, a discussion question, I agree you can give less, depending on how you agree.
        At the expense of Hopkins, I agree 6.5 million for 6 years, according to the current market situation, this is an overpayment, its fair price is now 5-5.5 million for 4 years, somewhere like that, but these are the laws of the market and the conditional Vancouver will definitely offer him 7 million for 7 years old and he will agree, because a person has the age of the fattest contract and he deserves it, so 6.5 million for 6 years is a compromise on our part, Hopkins is an important element in their game for Edmonton. I think it is better to overpay a little on account of his past and, what is important, current and future merits, than to lose the invaluable asset that the organization has been growing from the first year of his professional career.
        I consider the presented squad to be an improved version of the current squad, which has now staked out the second line in the division for a second. All the assets of the current composition have been preserved (chemistry has been preserved), there is a fusion of experience, youth (grown avenues) and a point gain from the market (Glendenning and possibly someone else, fortunately up to a 9 million cap).

To create a post please Login or Register
        Question:
        Options:
        Add Option
        Submit Poll