Forums/Armchair-GM

NHL 22 Roster

Created by: BruinsFan35
Team: 2020-21 Custom Team
Initial Creation Date: May 25, 2021
Published: May 25, 2021
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Due to the widespread support for my NHL 21 custom roster, I've decided to start early on a new spreadsheet for NHL 22. I am currently 25% done with the NHL teams, and if you used my NHL 21 document, I plan to include the same amount of players into this iteration as I had in last year's. I also apologize for not editing the document as I had said that I planned to, college took up all of my free time.

the link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/103MQmkMPEeGyZUzeGo1TZOvjcJmnf6_MRXiDYrulonQ/edit?usp=sharing
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
11$100,000,000$17,184,416$0$215,000$82,815,584
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Ottawa Senators
$730,833$730,833 (Performance Bonus$82,500$82K)
LW
RFA - 1
Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$810,000$810,000
C
RFA - 4
Logo of the Florida Panthers
$1,666,667$1,666,667
C, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 2
Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$737,500$737,500
LW
UFA - 1
Logo of the Nashville Predators
$803,333$803,333
C, LW
RFA - 4
Logo of the Anaheim Ducks
$700,000$700,000
C, LW
UFA - 1
Logo of the Carolina Hurricanes
$8,460,250$8,460,250
C
UFA - 4
Logo of the St. Louis Blues
$830,833$830,833
C
RFA - 4
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
Logo of the Minnesota Wild
$795,000$795,000 (Performance Bonus$132,500$132K)
RD
RFA - 3
Logo of the Boston Bruins
$925,000$925,000
LD
UFA - 2
Logo of the New York Islanders
$725,000$725,000
LD
UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
May 25, 2021 at 2:03 p.m.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/103MQmkMPEeGyZUzeGo1TZOvjcJmnf6_MRXiDYrulonQ/edit?usp=sharing
May 25, 2021 at 2:06 p.m.
You’re the goat for this. Even without the other edits this document is a life saver for so many. Thank you.
May 25, 2021 at 2:07 p.m.
Quoting: tsyls
You’re the goat for this. Even without the other edits this document is a life saver for so many. Thank you.

No joke I was just going through all of my NHL 21 roster posts on here to tag all of the commenters and just added you to the list.
tsyls and SadSensFan14 liked this.
May 25, 2021 at 2:11 p.m.
tsyls liked this.
May 25, 2021 at 2:11 p.m.
AndrewLadd and SadSensFan14 liked this.
May 25, 2021 at 2:12 p.m.
May 25, 2021 at 3:05 p.m.
Quoting: BruinsFan35
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/103MQmkMPEeGyZUzeGo1TZOvjcJmnf6_MRXiDYrulonQ/edit?usp=sharing

link
May 25, 2021 at 5:08 p.m.

Jake Debrusk might not be a top6 medium but it’s still debatable, but I can’t see him under 81 he’s been good in the playoff, I like the Marchand being a playmake, Coyle should be 82-83 I was pissed when they drop him, yes he’s didn’t score big goals but he’s creating play and doesn’t have the finishing touch and no finisher with him, I like the smith 83 I completely agree with this, hall should stay a 87, Frederic is a power forward with high top 9, John Moore won’t go too down they will drop him at 77 max he’s hasn’t play and it’s still confuse me if he’s injured or not, Miller 81 is right we just didn’t see him play enough because of injuries but when he’s there he been good. Kase case is hard to evaluate. Connor clifton should be a top 6 med and 78-79 he’s been good. Same with lauzon I would see him being a 80 high top 6, he has the potential to be a good shutdown top 4 but to me in NHL game is rating should never be over 83 and when u put a d at med top4 they go sometimes 85-86 wich won’t be his case. Caro is right, rask rating should stay a 90 nothing show that it need to be lower. Lauko is either a twf or a sniper and achan should be rated at least a 75 he’s been a really good ahl defenseman. He need to get bigger to be a nhl d but in the ahl he’s been really really good and 75 is to me a rating for a good ahl d. Sway an could be a 78-79 even if he didn’t play a lot of games we saw what he was about and vladar should be 1 overall under

I’m looking for an answer from you take your time and let’s debate like real men about ratings I really like this.
May 25, 2021 at 7:03 p.m.
Why Green
Seems great! But what is it? Do we help you pick players for it or something?
tsyls liked this.
May 25, 2021 at 7:24 p.m.
Quoting: Brad21
Seems great! But what is it? Do we help you pick players for it or something?

It’s like a huge document he puts together for all people who play franchise mode on NHL. Essentially he’s creating custom rosters for people to copy to make it as realistic as possible. I’m sure he would take suggestions/recommendations from people if they were reasonable. He also creates a lot of the top prospects for future drafts.
SadSensFan14 and BruinsFan35 liked this.
May 25, 2021 at 10:09 p.m.
Great start, keep up the good work!
tsyls and BruinsFan35 liked this.
May 25, 2021 at 10:50 p.m.
Why Green
Quoting: tsyls
It’s like a huge document he puts together for all people who play franchise mode on NHL. Essentially he’s creating custom rosters for people to copy to make it as realistic as possible. I’m sure he would take suggestions/recommendations from people if they were reasonable. He also creates a lot of the top prospects for future drafts.

Oh, thats too bad. I don't have NHL.
tsyls liked this.
May 26, 2021 at 7:26 a.m.
Quoting: Bruinsforlife
Jake Debrusk might not be a top6 medium but it’s still debatable, but I can’t see him under 81 he’s been good in the playoff, I like the Marchand being a playmake, Coyle should be 82-83 I was pissed when they drop him, yes he’s didn’t score big goals but he’s creating play and doesn’t have the finishing touch and no finisher with him, I like the smith 83 I completely agree with this, hall should stay a 87, Frederic is a power forward with high top 9, John Moore won’t go too down they will drop him at 77 max he’s hasn’t play and it’s still confuse me if he’s injured or not, Miller 81 is right we just didn’t see him play enough because of injuries but when he’s there he been good. Kase case is hard to evaluate. Connor clifton should be a top 6 med and 78-79 he’s been good. Same with lauzon I would see him being a 80 high top 6, he has the potential to be a good shutdown top 4 but to me in NHL game is rating should never be over 83 and when u put a d at med top4 they go sometimes 85-86 wich won’t be his case. Caro is right, rask rating should stay a 90 nothing show that it need to be lower. Lauko is either a twf or a sniper and achan should be rated at least a 75 he’s been a really good ahl defenseman. He need to get bigger to be a nhl d but in the ahl he’s been really really good and 75 is to me a rating for a good ahl d. Sway an could be a 78-79 even if he didn’t play a lot of games we saw what he was about and vladar should be 1 overall under

I’m looking for an answer from you take your time and let’s debate like real men about ratings I really like this.

Ok a lot of suggestions (which I like so thanks) so I’ll try to answer each one individually:

1. DeBrusk has been excellent this postseason, but I’m only basing these ratings off of regular season only right now, but will update once the playoffs are over. He will probably stay around the 80-81 range once it’s all said and done if he continues to perform this well. A 78, based on my overalls guide, is a fringe 3rd liner/really good 4th liner, which I think was where DeBrusk should be considered based on regular season performance.

2. I think Coyle is fine at an 81 based on my overall guide, which shows that he is a fringe 2nd line/elite 3rd line forward, which is exactly what he is. I could go 82 but I like him at 81 for now. If he continues to play this well in the playoffs he may get boosted. However, a medium top 9 potential is too low for him, he should probably get a low top 6 and I will change that ASAP.

3. Once again with Hall, it’s my overalls guide compared to EA. An 85 in my ratings is equivalent to a low end 1st liner or elite 2nd liner. I think that if Hall had been in Boston all year, an 87 would make sense, but his lackluster performance in Buffalo drops him. However, if he performs well in the playoffs, he will be in the 86-88 conversation.

4. John Moore is an interesting case where he seems decent when he plays but doesn’t play enough to assure me that he’s good. A 75 is a low end 7th D in my overalls guide and I agree that it’s a little low. I will update to a 77.

5. I agree on Clifton, he’s been good and I have updated it.

6. Lauzon has been a little too inconsistent for my liking to bump into the 80s, but I boosted him to a 78 and upped his potential.

7. Rask at an 87 is pretty good in my overalls guide as it’s a fringe elite goalie. This year he was the 5th best goalie in the league (behind Varlamov, Fleury, Vasilevsky, Grubauer) and an 87 will put him at that spot. I could go 88 and may as I continue making players.

8. I’ll change Lauko to a sniper, but Ahcan will stay put until he adds more NHL experience. I will boost to 72 but no more. Based on my overalls guide, a 72 is fringe 1 year away from being an NHL caliber player and I think that describes both Lauko and Ahcan pretty well.

9. Swayman will be boosted to 77 but no higher due to his lack of NHL experience. 77 is a low end backup in my overalls guide and that should be good for him at least for now. Vladar at a 75/74 (one overall difference is really splitting hairs) describes a prospects goalie who is 1 year away from backup quality, which I think is good for him.

Thank you for the recommendations, I hope you appreciate my responses.
May 27, 2021 at 9:29 a.m.
Ok a lot of suggestions (which I like so thanks) so I’ll try to answer each one individually:

1. DeBrusk has been excellent this postseason, but I’m only basing these ratings off of regular season only right now, but will update once the playoffs are over. He will probably stay around the 80-81 range once it’s all said and done if he continues to perform this well. A 78, based on my overalls guide, is a fringe 3rd liner/really good 4th liner, which I think was where DeBrusk should be considered based on regular season performance.

2. I think Coyle is fine at an 81 based on my overall guide, which shows that he is a fringe 2nd line/elite 3rd line forward, which is exactly what he is. I could go 82 but I like him at 81 for now. If he continues to play this well in the playoffs he may get boosted. However, a medium top 9 potential is too low for him, he should probably get a low top 6 and I will change that ASAP.

3. Once again with Hall, it’s my overalls guide compared to EA. An 85 in my ratings is equivalent to a low end 1st liner or elite 2nd liner. I think that if Hall had been in Boston all year, an 87 would make sense, but his lackluster performance in Buffalo drops him. However, if he performs well in the playoffs, he will be in the 86-88 conversation.

4. John Moore is an interesting case where he seems decent when he plays but doesn’t play enough to assure me that he’s good. A 75 is a low end 7th D in my overalls guide and I agree that it’s a little low. I will update to a 77.

5. I agree on Clifton, he’s been good and I have updated it.

6. Lauzon has been a little too inconsistent for my liking to bump into the 80s, but I boosted him to a 78 and upped his potential.

7. Rask at an 87 is pretty good in my overalls guide as it’s a fringe elite goalie. This year he was the 5th best goalie in the league (behind Varlamov, Fleury, Vasilevsky, Grubauer) and an 87 will put him at that spot. I could go 88 and may as I continue making players.

8. I’ll change Lauko to a sniper, but Ahcan will stay put until he adds more NHL experience. I will boost to 72 but no more. Based on my overalls guide, a 72 is fringe 1 year away from being an NHL caliber player and I think that describes both Lauko and Ahcan pretty well.

9. Swayman will be boosted to 77 but no higher due to his lack of NHL experience. 77 is a low end backup in my overalls guide and that should be good for him at least for now. Vladar at a 75/74 (one overall difference is really splitting hairs) describes a prospects goalie who is 1 year away from backup quality, which I think is good for him.

Thank you for the recommendations, I hope you appreciate my responses.

Yeah great response for each point I think the only problem is that in my mind I was still using EA rating wich suck ahaha. But all the point you touch I agree with them it’s only rating related wich was my fault because I wasn’t always thinking about ur guide but overall really great job.

I hope that one day we will have roster sharing (like madden) because believe me I will be the first to download yours.
BruinsFan35 liked this.
May 27, 2021 at 10:10 a.m.
Quoting: Bruinsforlife
Yeah great response for each point I think the only problem is that in my mind I was still using EA rating wich suck ahaha. But all the point you touch I agree with them it’s only rating related wich was my fault because I wasn’t always thinking about ur guide but overall really great job.

I hope that one day we will have roster sharing (like madden) because believe me I will be the first to download yours.

Yeah I hate EAs ratings guidelines so I typically use my own. It allows more spread out ratings for players which makes the better players perform better
May 31, 2021 at 9:37 a.m.
octonhl
Once your done will you enable export options?

Is this part of the NHL 21 May 6th update?
BruinsFan35 and tsyls liked this.
May 31, 2021 at 9:44 a.m.
Quoting: octobump
Once your done will you enable export options?

Is this part of the NHL 21 May 6th update?

Yes I will. If I don’t, comment it so that I do. No, this is an entirely new document, and is meant to be a prep for NHL 22, but you can also use it on NHL 21

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll