$925,000$925,000
LW, C
RFA - 3
Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks
$6,400,000$6,400,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,500,000$2M)
C, RW
RFA - 1
$5,000,000$5,000,000
RW, LW
UFA - 7
$2,625,000$2,625,000
RW
NMC
UFA - 2
$1,500,000$1,500,000
LW
UFA - 3
$1,500,000$1,500,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$2,500,000$2,500,000
C, LW
UFA - 2
$1,000,000$1,000,000
RW, C
UFA - 1
$1,500,000$1,500,000
C
UFA - 2
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
Logo of the Anaheim Ducks
$2,602,778$2,602,778
LD
UFA - 1
Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets
$5,400,000$5,400,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$800,000$800,000
G
UFA - 1
$5,538,462$5,538,462
LD
NMC
UFA - 2
$3,850,000$3,850,000
RD
UFA - 1
$850,000$850,000
G
UFA - 1
$4,550,000$4,550,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
RD
RFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$1,350,000$1,350,000
LD
RFA - 3
$6,875,000$6,875,000
RD
NMC
UFA - 3
$3,900,000$3,900,000
C, RW
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jun. 2, 2021 at 11:29 a.m.
Traded away a lot of the Hawks future for 2 aging defenseman leaving their prime when the Hawks need to rebuild
Jco5ta5 liked this.
Jun. 2, 2021 at 11:32 a.m.
FireStan
Quoting: GirouxFanclub
Traded away a lot of the Hawks future for 2 aging defenseman leaving their prime when the Hawks need to rebuild

yeah man, 26 and 27 year old defenseman are really aging.
Jun. 2, 2021 at 11:34 a.m.
Hawks Fan
If I’m CBJ and I’m giving up Jones I probably want to start the conversation with Boqvist and a 1st and go from there.
Viqsi liked this.
Jun. 2, 2021 at 11:34 a.m.
Quoting: mac2033
yeah man, 26 and 27 year old defenseman are really aging.

Does not make any sense for chicago's timeline. All there building pieces are like 19-23 years old why trade for defensman who will be 30-33 by the time your rebuild is over.
Jun. 2, 2021 at 11:37 a.m.
Hawks Fan
I also feel like spending upwards of $20M on three players is going to put the Hawks in big cap trouble when Boqvist, Dach, Cat, Toews, Kane, Kubalik, and others all need new contracts within 2 years.
Jun. 2, 2021 at 11:43 a.m.

Prime years for a defensive player is usually between 28 and 30, later then a forward. Both players are entering their prime years.

I'd be hesitant on giving that much for Jones. He had a subpar season last season so there is a risk there. Given that he has already said he will be a UFA and re-sign with Colombus, I don't think he will get quite that much with the flat cap. There will be bidders for sure, but think Strome, Mitchell a 1st and 4th should get him with an extension. Without, Strome and Mitchell should be enough.

Hampus Lindholm is my favorite because he would be a great future pairing with BoQ given both their strengths and weaknesses. With an extension in place, I think he will get a bit more then you offered here, but without a bit less.

Move De Haan as he's not part of the future. Perhaps Guadette and he would be an attractive offer to someone. Kalynuk should be playing 3rd pairing in that scenario with Stillman as the 7th man.

Hyman is interesting, not sure I'm completely bought in on him at that price, which is likely very close to what he will cost. I'd also love to see a line of Hagel - Suter and Hinostroza...that line with that speed and pestering and talent could wreak havoc on the opposing teams 3rd and 4th lines. Entwistle, among a couple others could play 4th line. Borstrom being another option. You could move Kubalik or Debrincat to the right side and move hyman up and knock Reichel down, but I'm high on Reichel and think after a short stint in the AHL he will be brought up permanently which then he needs space.

For all these reasons, Hyman to me is unnecessary with a crowded bottom 9 up front already although I understand the intent. To me, I would rather sign Saad then Hyman. Hyman has no doubt been a benefactor of playing with Matthews and Marner so his stats are bit padded and Saad you could say the same although he playing very very close this season's stats on the Hawks. Saad also is a north south good defensive player, tough on the boards, and has speed...all IMO a bit better then Hyman. For the same price, if you wanted to add a top 6 guy, I'd go Saad over Hyman if possible.

That all said, I'd pass on Jones, go hard at Lindholm and Saad.
Kubalik - Toews - Saad
Cat - Dach - Kane
Hagel - Suter - Hino
Entwistle/Borgstrom - Kampf - Carps

Lindholm - BoQ
Keith - Murphy
Kalynuk - Mitchell

Good post overall though
Jun. 2, 2021 at 11:45 a.m.
Quoting: Jco5ta5
If I’m CBJ and I’m giving up Jones I probably want to start the conversation with Boqvist and a 1st and go from there.

He's not worth that. Jones has a so so year and knowing he isn't re-signing with Colombus, they are forcing his hands. I personally wouldn't give up BoQ and 1st for Jones. You're giving up a future Jones in BoQ and a 1st which is a steep price to pay for a player coming off of a average year.
Jun. 2, 2021 at 11:45 a.m.
Quoting: ChiHawk
Prime years for a defensive player is usually between 28 and 30, later then a forward. Both players are entering their prime years.

I'd be hesitant on giving that much for Jones. He had a subpar season last season so there is a risk there. Given that he has already said he will be a UFA and re-sign with Colombus, I don't think he will get quite that much with the flat cap. There will be bidders for sure, but think Strome, Mitchell a 1st and 4th should get him with an extension. Without, Strome and Mitchell should be enough.

Hampus Lindholm is my favorite because he would be a great future pairing with BoQ given both their strengths and weaknesses. With an extension in place, I think he will get a bit more then you offered here, but without a bit less.

Move De Haan as he's not part of the future. Perhaps Guadette and he would be an attractive offer to someone. Kalynuk should be playing 3rd pairing in that scenario with Stillman as the 7th man.

Hyman is interesting, not sure I'm completely bought in on him at that price, which is likely very close to what he will cost. I'd also love to see a line of Hagel - Suter and Hinostroza...that line with that speed and pestering and talent could wreak havoc on the opposing teams 3rd and 4th lines. Entwistle, among a couple others could play 4th line. Borstrom being another option. You could move Kubalik or Debrincat to the right side and move hyman up and knock Reichel down, but I'm high on Reichel and think after a short stint in the AHL he will be brought up permanently which then he needs space.

For all these reasons, Hyman to me is unnecessary with a crowded bottom 9 up front already although I understand the intent. To me, I would rather sign Saad then Hyman. Hyman has no doubt been a benefactor of playing with Matthews and Marner so his stats are bit padded and Saad you could say the same although he playing very very close this season's stats on the Hawks. Saad also is a north south good defensive player, tough on the boards, and has speed...all IMO a bit better then Hyman. For the same price, if you wanted to add a top 6 guy, I'd go Saad over Hyman if possible.

Good post overall though

Good post overall though

Does not make any sense for chicago's timeline. All there building pieces are like 19-23 years old why trade for defensman who will be 30-33 by the time your rebuild is over.

happyhappy above is why I don't think it makes much sense for Chicago
Jun. 2, 2021 at 11:49 a.m.
happyhappy above is why I don't think it makes much sense for Chicago

We need a vet D man entering his prime on the left side, matching Murphy anchoring on the right...both defensive D men. For that reason, I'd go hard at Lindholm and pass on Jones. Saad over Hyman at that price. That leaves another $5M on the table for next year over this AGM for total cap space of roughly $12M which is pretty much where the Hawks need to be for next year.

Kubalik - Toews - Saad
Cat - Dach - Kane
Hagel - Suter - Hino

Lindholm - BoQ
Keith - Murphy
Kalynuk - Mitchell
GirouxFanclub and mac2033 liked this.
Jun. 2, 2021 at 11:55 a.m.
We need a vet D man entering his prime on the left side, matching Murphy anchoring on the right...both defensive D men. For that reason, I'd go hard at Lindholm and pass on Jones. Saad over Hyman at that price. That leaves another $5M on the table for next year over this AGM for total cap space of roughly $12M which is pretty much where the Hawks need to be for next year.

Kubalik - Toews - Saad
Cat - Dach - Kane
Hagel - Suter - Hino

Lindholm - BoQ
Keith - Murphy
Kalynuk - Mitchell

I'm just not sure if it's worth it to sell some of your future for a d-man that will have his prime basically wasted in the middle of a rebuild if that makes sense. Ik where you are coming from tho bc its harder for younger players to develop if they are not playing with anybody good to make it easier for them.
ChiHawk liked this.
Jun. 2, 2021 at 11:55 a.m.
Hawks Fan
He's not worth that. Jones has a so so year and knowing he isn't re-signing with Colombus, they are forcing his hands. I personally wouldn't give up BoQ and 1st for Jones. You're giving up a future Jones in BoQ and a 1st which is a steep price to pay for a player coming off of a average year.

I don’t disagree but I was speaking from CBJ standpoint. That’s what I’d want for my Norris nominated, still young defenseman. I’d want a potential replacement plus a pick at least.
ChiHawk and Viqsi liked this.
Jun. 2, 2021 at 12:11 p.m.
I'm just not sure if it's worth it to sell some of your future for a d-man that will have his prime basically wasted in the middle of a rebuild if that makes sense. Ik where you are coming from tho bc its harder for younger players to develop if they are not playing with anybody good to make it easier for them.

Yeah, I don't think Lindholm's prime will be wasted. He turned 27 in January and so you'd look at next season as entering his prime likely and you've got 3 years of it. I personally think the Hawks are playoff team next season if indeed we did what I suggest or close to it. I think then we are looking at 2 to 3 years to be competitive, not cup winning but more then a first round exit and that is also the time where the cap should increase due to revenues returning to normal with the addition of Seattle. Kane shows no signs of slowing down, Cat is elite, Kubalik is really good in his 2nd season and not yet in his prime, Suter looked great as a rookie, everything we are hearing about Reichel is this kid is a top 6 player in another couple years, Hagel and Hinostroza both impressed in Coach C's system. To me the wild cards are Dach and BoQ. If they can take the next step next season and the season after, this team will be in pretty good shape.
mac2033 liked this.
Jun. 2, 2021 at 12:12 p.m.
Quoting: Jco5ta5
I don’t disagree but I was speaking from CBJ standpoint. That’s what I’d want for my Norris nominated, still young defenseman. I’d want a potential replacement plus a pick at least.

Hard to say what they will get. Jones was far from a Norris candidate this past season which obviously will hinder his value of getting a huge return. BoQ still has the potential to be a #1 guy. I'd think BoQ for Jones is pretty close, but no way should we do it.
Jun. 2, 2021 at 1:15 p.m.
Stunting Boq, Mitchel, Kalynuk, and Beaudin's development (or trading them away) for a regressing 27 year old defenseman demanding a huge contract is a terrible idea. Jones should be a non-starter.

Lindholm I think makes more sense, as you're looking at him more as a De Haan/Keith replacement, but the value of this trade is off. Lindholm isn't fetching Borg + Beaud + Kurashev + more. Beaudin + Kurashev + 2nd would make more sense.
Jun. 2, 2021 at 1:24 p.m.
Jones for Strome, Nylander, and 1st would be enough. That being said, as a Jackets fan, I will GLADLY take the rest of that haul.
Jun. 2, 2021 at 2:21 p.m.
FireStan

That all said, I'd pass on Jones, go hard at Lindholm and Saad.
Kubalik - Toews - Saad
Cat - Dach - Kane
Hagel - Suter - Hino

Lindholm - BoQ
Keith - Murphy
Kalynuk - Mitchell

Good post overall though

I appreciate the thoughtful insight. From my perspective, they're simply going to have to overpay if they truly want to land a top-pairing defenseman that turns 27 at the start of next season. Yes, he had a down year, and his analytics might suggest he's not a norris-caliber defenseman, but he plays hard, plays a lot, and is someone that I think will return to his younger seasons form.

Regarding Lindholm, I love him, and as you said, would be the perfect partner for Boqvist. He's much smarter than Zadorov and is more consistent physically than de Haan. Once again, I think to land someone of his caliber, the Hawks will have to overpay.
ChiHawk liked this.
Jun. 2, 2021 at 2:26 p.m.
FireStan

you keep saying things like a rebuild is a binding contract that they have to suck for years on end just cause that's what you think they should do. rebuilds can last longer and shorter than intended due to the moves a gm/fo make. also, you can't have guys all the same age and expect to be good, you need balance
ChiHawk liked this.
Jun. 2, 2021 at 4:34 p.m.
mostly harmless
Quoting: CBJ_SEA
Jones for Strome, Nylander, and 1st would be enough. That being said, as a Jackets fan, I will GLADLY take the rest of that haul.

I could not disagree more. Strome and Nylander add nothing to this team.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll