Something like this

Created by: MelonVK
Team: 2021-22 Anaheim Ducks
Initial Creation Date: Jun. 6, 2021
Published: Jun. 6, 2021
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Couple thoughts;

It's probably easier for teams that just want big contracts rid for salary reason to motivate those decisions by getting a player in return. "We paid a bunch of picks to get rid of this old player we gave too much money to" sounds way worse than "We got this exciting rental / extended player while *also* getting rid of a contract for only a few picks".

Maybe Anaheim should get more in return? I almost feel like that's the case. But at the same time, just take on some salary, realise you're not that good, try again in a few years. I know the budget is tight, but being cheap isn't going to get fans into that building either. Better to build some excitement for the future by drafting some young talent.

This team also has too many 'okay' young talents. Sign them to 2-3 years of cheap extention, and if they end up being decent without ultimately moving the needle that much - ship them to a contender for a premium.

Either try to get a sneaky great deal for Lindholm or just keep him. I'd target Florida because they might not realise how valuable guys like Lundell or Tippett are now that their core tasted a bit of success - they might think they're just a good FA signing away. And they very well could be, but parting with young talent is a mistake I think they could make.

The Wild wants to do something. I don't know if it's this, but Rakell is a right-shooting goalscorer. That's two things they desperately need. The ability to play C in a pinch is just an addded bonus.

NYI is a good team that can afford the luxury of getting out of a bad contract. They seem willing if there is a partner.

I originally had Manson to Vancouver for Eriksson and a couple of picks, but since this is fantasy land I got a bit more creative.
...maybe?

I don't think any of this is what "Anaheim is looking for a big trade" meant, but it's probably what it *should have* meant.

Anyways, tell me why your team would absolutely not do this in a million years down below!
Free Agent Signings
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
3$3,500,000
4$3,500,000
2$1,500,000
2$1,500,000
2$1,500,000
2$1,850,000
UFAYEARSCAP HIT
1$900,000
Trades
ANA
  1. Ladd, Andrew
  2. 2022 1st round pick (NYI)
  3. 2022 3rd round pick (NYI)
ANA
  1. Parise, Zach
  2. 2021 1st round pick (MIN)
  3. 2021 1st round pick (PIT)
  4. 2022 2nd round pick (MIN)
  5. 2023 2nd round pick (MIN)
ANA
FLA
  1. Lindholm, Hampus ($2,000,000 retained)
  2. Steel, Sam
Additional Details:
Extension for Lindholm?
ANA
  1. Neal, James
  2. 2021 1st round pick (EDM)
EDM
  1. Manson, Josh ($2,050,000 retained)
  2. 2021 3rd round pick (ANA)
Buyouts
Retained Salary Transactions
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the NYI
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the NYI
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the NSH
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the ANA
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
23$81,500,000$56,928,750$0$2,557,500$24,571,250
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Anaheim Ducks
$3,500,000$3,500,000
LW
RFA - 2
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
C, LW
RFA - 2
$5,250,000$5,250,000
RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$1,700,000$1,700,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$1,500,000$1,500,000
C, LW
RFA - 1
$1,450,000$1,450,000
RW
UFA - 2
Logo of the Minnesota Wild
$750,000$750,000 (Performance Bonus$750,000$750K)
LW
UFA - 1
$1,456,250$1,456,250
LW, C
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$1,850,000$1,850,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
Logo of the New York Islanders
$5,500,000$5,500,000
LW
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$1,500,000$1,500,000
LW, C
UFA - 2
$900,000$900,000
C, RW
UFA - 1
$1,000,000$1,000,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
Logo of the Edmonton Oilers
$750,000$750,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$6,500,000$6,500,000
LD/RD
M-NTC
UFA - 5
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
RD
RFA - 2
$6,400,000$6,400,000
G
M-NTC
UFA - 6
$1,300,000$1,300,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$3,900,000$3,900,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$950,000$950,000
G
UFA - 2
Logo of the Florida Panthers
$900,000$900,000
LD
NTC
UFA - 1
$772,500$772,500 (Performance Bonus$107,500$108K)
RD
UFA - 2
$1,200,000$1,200,000
LD
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$6,875,000$6,875,000
C, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jun. 6, 2021 at 5:00 p.m.
Banned
Wild aren't doing this at all. Parise will get bought out before wild are going to give up all those picks to get rid of Parise

Like absolute no from Minnesota.

1) Parise isn't waiving for a rebuilding team
2) Wild or no team are foolish enough to give up those picks
3) Come on now, could have made a realistic, & fair proposal instead of totally bias, & unfair one

Wild don't need or want Richard R. You can keep him

- wild have Matt boldy. They don't need or want wingers
OldNYIfan liked this.
Jun. 6, 2021 at 5:06 p.m.
In Zito We Trust
not trading lundell
OldNYIfan liked this.
Jun. 6, 2021 at 5:14 p.m.
Watches no games
Quoting: VijayPatel11
not trading lundell

I would hope so too. Tippett?
Jun. 6, 2021 at 5:27 p.m.
Watches no games
Quoting: BoeserSZNMNBoy
Wild aren't doing this at all. Parise will get bought out before wild are going to give up all those picks to get rid of Parise

Like absolute no from Minnesota.

1) Parise isn't waiving for a rebuilding team
2) Wild or no team are foolish enough to give up those picks
3) Come on now, could have made a realistic, & fair proposal instead of totally bias, & unfair one

Wild don't need or want Richard R. You can keep him

- wild have Matt boldy. They don't need or want wingers

It's always so funny how I'm "biased" for every team I create an ACGM for.

I'm trying to find comparables for Parise, and there aren't any. Two years cost CBJ a 1st and a 2nd rounder for Clarkson - someone who was on LTIR. There's a massive difference between 2 and 4 years. Getting Rakell, who again can play C, in return sounds like a solid deal to me. He's also a right shot, again, something Minnesota has a need for.

What's funny though, is that I still think Parise is an above average NHLer. His numbers points to him being a pretty solidly above average shot producer, with some poor shooting on his side of the puck along with being kinda bad on the powerplay. I don't know why Wild fans are trying to get rid of him so desperately over, say, Suter.

Now, for all I know, if Parise felt like his competitive time was up I wouldn't be surprised if he decided southern California was a nice location to settle.

I don't think this is likely. I don't think the Wild *should* do this. I even think Parise is a perfectly fine player. But saying "its unfair, its dumb, I know the personal decisions of a player I don't know personally, we don't want a good player in exchange" seems disingenuous at best.
OldNYIfan liked this.
Jun. 6, 2021 at 5:38 p.m.
Banned
Edited Jun. 6, 2021 at 5:54 p.m.
Quoting: MelonVK
It's always so funny how I'm "biased" for every team I create an ACGM for.

I'm trying to find comparables for Parise, and there aren't any. Two years cost CBJ a 1st and a 2nd rounder for Clarkson - someone who was on LTIR. There's a massive difference between 2 and 4 years. Getting Rakell, who again can play C, in return sounds like a solid deal to me. He's also a right shot, again, something Minnesota has a need for.

What's funny though, is that I still think Parise is an above average NHLer. His numbers points to him being a pretty solidly above average shot producer, with some poor shooting on his side of the puck along with being kinda bad on the powerplay. I don't know why Wild fans are trying to get rid of him so desperately over, say, Suter.

Now, for all I know, if Parise felt like his competitive time was up I wouldn't be surprised if he decided southern California was a nice location to settle.

I don't think this is likely. I don't think the Wild *should* do this. I even think Parise is a perfectly fine player. But saying "its unfair, its dumb, I know the personal decisions of a player I don't know personally, we don't want a good player in exchange" seems disingenuous at best.

Parise was born here in Minnesota. Raised in Minnesota,

Even when he was playing for Devils, his house remained here in Minnesota

Richard R isn't a c, & doesn't play a c. It's disingenuous to accuse someone then lie about a player who plays wing to say he can play c. Wild aren't going to trade for another player according to you like Marcus Johansson hoping he can play c.

Richard R is also A LW. Yiu can't actually say the last time bgg e played c. . You are talking about a dude in Richard R whose Goal scoring has dropped 2 years in a row significantly. There are players wild can sign in free agency also without giving anything up
Jun. 6, 2021 at 5:42 p.m.
Once a Kings Fan Too
Some very imaginative thinking here, but I echo the first two commenters in that (1) WAY too much for Parise even if he waives his NMC, and (2) Florida isn't trading Lundell or Tippett to get rid of Yandle. Bobrovsky, maybe. Also, Edmonton can just buy out Neal for $1,916,667 x 4 years. They have the cap room and need the first.
BoeserSZNMNBoy liked this.
Jun. 6, 2021 at 5:47 p.m.
Once a Kings Fan Too
Dude parise was born here in Minnesota. Raised in Minnesota, He never ever moved. His dad, mom, & wife all are Minnesota born through, & through. His wife was born here in Minnesota. No, he doesn't want to settle in California

Even when he was playing for Devils, his house remained here in Minnesota

Richard R isn't a c, & doesn't play a c. It's disingenuous to accuse someone then lie about a player who plays wing to say he can play c. Wild aren't going to trade for another player according to you like Marcus Johansson hoping he can play c.

Richard R is also A LW. Yiu can't actually say the last time bgg e played c. . You are talking about a dude in Richard R whose Goal scoring has dropped 2 years in a row significantly. There are players wild can sign in free agency also without giving anything up

As an outsider reading this comment and the first, your tone is a little uncivil, which I find discomforting in the context of your fellow Minnesota adherents, who are uniformly and perennially courteous.
Jun. 6, 2021 at 5:49 p.m.
I'd do the MN trade if Parise would waive his NCM. Upgrade the wing spot, less money/term, an actual RHS wing to play on the PP. Either flip Rakell or let him walk after the season.

Roughly 2 1st to dump ZP and 2 2nds for Rakell
MelonVK and MNCountryClub liked this.
Jun. 6, 2021 at 5:57 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: wabit
I'd do the MN trade if Parise would waive his NCM. Upgrade the wing spot, less money/term, an actual RHS wing to play on the PP. Either flip Rakell or let him walk after the season.

Roughly 2 1st to dump ZP and 2 2nds for Rakell

Where are you going to find a role for Matt boldy?
If lines stay like this?
Greenway, foligno
Kaprizov, zuccarello
Fiala/ Boldy
Parise or Nico sturm/ Nick bjustad, Nick bonino, connor dewar, Brandon D, etc.. ?
Jun. 6, 2021 at 6:02 p.m.
Watches no games
Quoting: OldNYIfan
Some very imaginative thinking here, but I echo the first two commenters in that (1) WAY too much for Parise even if he waives his NMC, and (2) Florida isn't trading Lundell or Tippett to get rid of Yandle. Bobrovsky, maybe. Also, Edmonton can just buy out Neal for $1,916,667 x 4 years. They have the cap room and need the first.

It's a lot to pay because Parise carries a lot of contract. 7.5 x 4? It's unheard of...
But as I said, I would never do this as the Wild, cause I don't even think he's bad. It's more about how another team percieves themselves, than how I do it. Cause then I would make almost no trade suggestions cause they'd almost always be bad from the one side.

I hope for Florida's sake they don't move either. Don't forget Lindholm is in there though, who is a very solid defensive D.

I think Edmonton could, but what's the value of Manson retained, a 2nd? more? then you're only bumping the pick up a round to save yourself from 2x4, while getting a 3rd in return. Again, I would probably not do it as Edmonton, but they probably need to get active with their cap if they wana keep McDavid around forever.
OldNYIfan liked this.
Jun. 6, 2021 at 6:13 p.m.
Where are you going to find a role for Matt boldy?
If lines stay like this?
Greenway, foligno
Kaprizov, zuccarello
Fiala/ Boldy
Parise or Nico sturm/ Nick bjustad, Nick bonino, connor dewar, Brandon D, etc.. ?

Boldy can play 4th line (and PP time) and get used to the NHL then moves up when there are injuries. Then the next year he moves onto a higher line.

Rakell is better than Bjugstad, Bonino, Parise, and (likely) Boldy. The FWD group is better overall, the PP should be better. The extra $4m in cap, ($5m is Rask is buried in the AHL) can be used towards an actual center.

Cole is the only UFA from this year's team that should be considered being brought back. Outside of Boldy and Addison the Wild's prospects aren't ready for the NHL.
OldNYIfan and MNCountryClub liked this.
Jun. 6, 2021 at 6:24 p.m.
Quoting: MelonVK
It's a lot to pay because Parise carries a lot of contract. 7.5 x 4? It's unheard of...
But as I said, I would never do this as the Wild, cause I don't even think he's bad. It's more about how another team percieves themselves, than how I do it. Cause then I would make almost no trade suggestions cause they'd almost always be bad from the one side.

I hope for Florida's sake they don't move either. Don't forget Lindholm is in there though, who is a very solid defensive D.

I think Edmonton could, but what's the value of Manson retained, a 2nd? more? then you're only bumping the pick up a round to save yourself from 2x4, while getting a 3rd in return. Again, I would probably not do it as Edmonton, but they probably need to get active with their cap if they wana keep McDavid around forever.

Parise just doesn't fit well in MN anymore. He's not awful (3rd line quality FWD), but his contract is. The GM/coaching staff sucked all value out of him this year by playing him like they did.
OldNYIfan and MNCountryClub liked this.
Jun. 6, 2021 at 7:00 p.m.
14m in dead cap
Quoting: OldNYIfan
As an outsider reading this comment and the first, your tone is a little uncivil, which I find discomforting in the context of your fellow Minnesota adherents, who are uniformly and perennially courteous.

He's a Russo fanboy troll. This is probably his 3rd account that he posts the same stuff that the Wild won't do anything anyone suggests ever because of some vague comment Michael Russo made. Either that or it's Guerin's burner account because the way he talks, he knows firsthand what thoughts are in Guerin's head. lol
OldNYIfan liked this.
Jun. 6, 2021 at 7:58 p.m.
Once a Kings Fan Too
Quoting: JayTea
He's a Russo fanboy troll. This is probably his 3rd account that he posts the same stuff that the Wild won't do anything anyone suggests ever because of some vague comment Michael Russo made. Either that or it's Guerin's burner account because the way he talks, he knows firsthand what thoughts are in Guerin's head. lol

I wondered why he sounded so different from the rest of you guys. You see what happens when the rest of you develop a reputation of civility? It elevates even my sometimes caustic temperment.
JayTea liked this.
Jun. 7, 2021 at 11:34 a.m.
NYI
Yes from NYI, I have no idea why ANA would do this though.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll