Jun 16, 2016
New York Islanders
2nd Favourite Team
San Jose Sharks
Posts per Day
<div class="quote"><div class="quote_t">Quoting: <b>Richard88</b></div><div>I think I prefer Komarov. He's $500k cheaper which makes a difference. Maybe I'd reconsider if you retained at least $500k on Clutterbuck though.
The way I see it:
My previous proposal which I think is pretty fair: Wilde + Komarov = 3rd
Jost's value = 2nd + 3rd
Ergo, Wilde + Komarov + 2nd = Jost
I know that NYI don't have a 2nd until 2022, but perhaps an alternative solution could be found:
For example, if you want it to be a 3rd instead of a 2nd then retain a little bit on Komarov ( I know you probably won't want to retain too much before it becomes not worth it as he can be buried to save like $1m).
Another alternative instead of a 2nd is to include a swap of picks, like COL 2021 1st and NYI 2021 1st - with Colorado getting to choose between the NYI pick if it ends up higher, or just taking a 3rd as in your proposal.</div></div>
So the options are:
- Wilde for Jost
- Wilde, Komarov, 2022 2nd for Jost
- Wilde, Komarov ($500K retained), 2021 3rd for Jost
- Wilde, Komarov, 2021 1st for Jost, 2021 1st
I would do any of them but the last one.
<div class="quote"><div class="quote_t">Quoting: <b>Richard88</b></div><div>Thanks for your feedback, much appreciated.
1) Yes, Jost has primarily played LW for Colorado, as we've run with Mackinnon/Kadri/Compher/Bellemare down the middle most nights. Jost has slotted in seamlessly to C whenever we've had injury issues though. He's a very versatile player who can plug holes all over the lineup which makes him very useful (eg. can play LW/RW/C, can play a bottom 6 role, and can also play a top 6 role, along with both PP and PK). His career takeaway/giveaways is 71/31 which highlights that he's very responsible defensively. The only knock on him as a C is that he's bad at faceoffs, but that issue is completely irrelevant when he plays on the wing.
2) Yes I figured as much. Jost would replace one of your more expensive forwards (eg. Clutterbuck?) and thus save you like $1-2m in capspace while potentially also providing a nice little upgrade in your bottom 6.
I'm curious what the NYI fan view of Bode Wilde is after his 1st season? Has his stock risen or fallen since being drafted? I recall that he was ranked in the mid-teens on some prominent draft rankings but haven't followed him much since.</div></div>
Would the Avalanche do Wilde and Komarov for Jost and a 4th?
I'm still a fan of Bode Wilde. He was a projected 1st round pick, has great size, right-handed, had a great junior career. He just had a bad year last year due to injury. I believe he had a very similar injury to Devon Toews and Calvin deHaan, both of whom got hurt in the AHL before jumping to the NHL, and both of whom ended up being legit top-4 defensemen in the NHL after a year of rehabbing. Wilde will bounce back, but given our RHD depth (Pulock-Dobson-Mayfield-Boychuk), he's expendable. I'd keep him no problem if we can find other ways to get rid of our bad contracts.