Expansion selection
    SEA
    1. Zucker, Jason
    Additional Details:
    Expansion selection
    PIT
    1. Greenway, Jordan
    Additional Details:
    Need for need. MIN needs centers. Hextall wants big boys who can play. Blueger probably makes similar money and is really a 3C, but we have Carter now.
    MIN
    1. Blueger, Teddy [RFA Rights]
    Additional Details:
    Need for need. MIN needs centers. Hextall wants big boys who can play. Blueger probably makes similar money and is really a 3C, but we have Carter now.
    PIT
    1. 2021 7th round pick (CBJ)
    Additional Details:
    CBJ is arbitrary here. Pens can find takers for a decent #7 for a team that needs depth.
    CBJ
    1. Ruhwedel, Chad
    Additional Details:
    CBJ is arbitrary here. Pens can find takers for a decent #7 for a team that needs depth.
    PIT
      This is an addition to the Greenway trade
      MIN
      1. Björkqvist, Kasper [RFA Rights]
      Additional Details:
      This is an addition to the Greenway trade
      Buyouts
      DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
      Logo of the PIT
      Logo of the PIT
      Logo of the PIT
      Logo of the WSH
      Logo of the ANA
      Logo of the CBJ
      Logo of the PIT
      Logo of the PIT
      Logo of the PIT
      Logo of the PIT
      Logo of the PIT
      Logo of the PIT
      Logo of the PIT
      Logo of the PIT
      Logo of the PIT
      Logo of the PIT
      Logo of the PIT
      Logo of the PIT
      ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
      23$81,500,000$78,945,531$0$345,000$2,554,469
      Left WingCentreRight Wing
      Logo of the Pittsburgh Penguins
      $4,500,000$4,500,000
      LW, RW
      UFA - 3
      $8,700,000$8,700,000
      C
      NMC
      UFA - 4
      $3,500,000$3,500,000
      RW, LW
      UFA - 1
      Logo of the Minnesota Wild
      $2,100,000$2,100,000
      LW, RW
      UFA - 1
      $9,500,000$9,500,000
      C
      NMC
      UFA - 1
      $3,200,000$3,200,000
      RW
      UFA - 1
      $2,940,000$2,940,000
      C, LW
      UFA - 1
      $2,636,364$2,636,364
      RW, C
      UFA - 1
      Logo of the Edmonton Oilers
      $3,200,000$3,200,000
      RW
      UFA - 3
      $2,000,000$2,000,000
      LW, RW
      UFA - 1
      $750,000$750,000
      C, LW
      UFA - 2
      $3,500,000$3,500,000
      LW, RW
      M-NTC
      UFA - 4
      $789,167$789,167 (Performance Bonus$132,500$132K)
      RW
      RFA - 3
      Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
      $4,100,000$4,100,000
      LD
      M-NTC
      UFA - 2
      $7,250,000$7,250,000
      RD
      M-NTC, NMC
      UFA - 1
      Logo of the Arizona Coyotes
      $3,500,000$3,500,000
      G
      UFA - 1
      $4,875,000$4,875,000
      LD
      M-NTC
      UFA - 5
      $2,250,000$2,250,000
      RD
      UFA - 4
      $1,250,000$1,250,000
      G
      UFA - 1
      $863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$212,500$212K)
      LD
      RFA - 1
      $4,400,000$4,400,000
      RD
      UFA - 6
      Logo of the Edmonton Oilers
      $1,250,000$1,250,000
      LD/RD
      UFA - 1
      $725,000$725,000
      LD/RD
      UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
      • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
      Jun. 17, 2021 at 10:55 a.m.
      Blueger is fine, but he is not as valuable as Greenway nor is he an actual solution for us at C.
      Jun. 17, 2021 at 10:56 a.m.
      The Spawn is back
      Hmm, don't hate the trade except for Peterson's 2 years past Kassian...Petterson was basically bottom pair minutes this year right? What happened, just lingering injuries?
      Jun. 17, 2021 at 10:58 a.m.
      Banned
      Quoting: oilsince95
      Hmm, don't hate the trade except for Peterson's 2 years past Kassian...Petterson was basically bottom pair minutes this year right? What happened, just lingering injuries?

Pettersson just had a slow start to the season then rebounded well. The Pens didn't really have a "bottom pair." Some games the Ceci/Matheson line played more, sometimes the Pettersson/Marino pair played more. Pettersson is a legit 2nd pairing dman. He's like Dumoulin-lite. His advanced stats back all that up.
      Jun. 17, 2021 at 11:00 a.m.
      Banned
      Quoting: EccE
      Blueger is fine, but he is not as valuable as Greenway nor is he an actual solution for us at C.

I honestly wasn't sure how to balance the deal, but Seattle is certainly salivating at the chance to get him. Blueger is a legit 3C. I'd be cool to add a mid pick or prospect if that makes it happen.
      Jun. 17, 2021 at 11:02 a.m.
      Quoting: Mr_Gardoki
      I honestly wasn't sure how to balance the deal, but Seattle is certainly salivating at the chance to get him. Blueger is a legit 3C. I'd be cool add a mid pick or prospect if that makes it happen.

If we know for sure Greenway would be lost to SEA, we definitely would consider this. Maybe Pens add a mid-round pick?
      Jun. 17, 2021 at 11:06 a.m.
      Banned
      If we know for sure Greenway would be lost to SEA, we definitely would consider this. Maybe Pens add a mid-round pick?

We unfortunately don't have much left lol. A 5th this year and 4th next year. A prospect not listed on our capfriendly is Kasper Bjorqvist. He's a solid prospect projecting to be a good two-way player, probably a high-end 4th liner. He could be a good depth addition for you guys to have in your pocket. He's basically ready to go and will likely be fighting for a spot this upcoming season.
      Jun. 17, 2021 at 11:09 a.m.
      We unfortunately don't have much left lol. A 5th this year and 4th next year. A prospect not listed on our capfriendly is Kasper Bjorqvist. He's a solid prospect projecting to be a good two-way player, probably a high-end 4th liner. He could be a good depth addition for you guys to have in your pocket. He's basically ready to go and will likely be fighting for a spot this upcoming season.

I love Björkvist! We'd definitely be interested in him
      Mr_Gardoki liked this.
      Jun. 17, 2021 at 11:10 a.m.
      Banned

Done lol
      EccE liked this.
      Jun. 17, 2021 at 11:13 a.m.
      The Spawn is back
      Pettersson just had a slow start to the season then rebounded well. The Pens didn't really have a "bottom pair." Some games the Ceci/Matheson line played more, sometimes the Pettersson/Marino pair played more. Pettersson is a legit 2nd pairing dman. He's like Dumoulin-lite. His advanced stats back all that up.

Good to know. With Klefbom still uncertain, it would fill a need in Edm for next year of having insurance at LD. I don't hate it as a cap in cap out thing. I'll propose it in a trade from my account and see what Oil fans say haha.
      Mr_Gardoki liked this.
      Jun. 17, 2021 at 11:15 a.m.
      Banned
      Good to know. With Klefbom still uncertain, it would fill a need in Edm for next year of having insurance at LD. I don't hate it as a cap in cap out thing. I'll propose it in a trade from my account and see what Oil fans say haha.

Yeah, I'm sure there are a few "what if" scenarios that determines available spots at LD, but cool, I'll be curious to see what they say. I'm sure we'll get a couple of "declines" as per protocol hahah
      Oilyboy liked this.
      Jun. 17, 2021 at 11:16 a.m.
      This! This is much better than the Marino trades. Definitely think we can get more for Pettersson though. Kassian is a cap dump and Russel is an ok 3rd pair dman. So a young top 4 D should get more but trading MP for a tough forward after the expansion draft is the right idea. If I had the choice, Wood from NJ or Crouse from AZ would be more ideal as a starting point. Probably could move Petty to the AZ deal and add Crouse and Lyubushkin.
      For the Minnesota deal, that’d be solid but probably have to add a prospect like Bjorkqvist or Almeida to even it up a bit. But again a solid starting point.
      Jun. 17, 2021 at 11:18 a.m.
      Banned

Added the transaction
      Jun. 17, 2021 at 11:21 a.m.
      Banned
      Quoting: Pensfan89
      This! This is much better than the Marino trades. Definitely think we can get more for Pettersson though. Kassian is a cap dump and Russel is an ok 3rd pair dman. So a young top 4 D should get more but trading MP for a tough forward after the expansion draft is the right idea. If I had the choice, Wood from NJ or Crouse from AZ would be more ideal as a starting point. Probably could move Petty to the AZ deal and add Crouse and Lyubushkin.
      For the Minnesota deal, that’d be solid but probably have to add a prospect like Bjorkqvist or Almeida to even it up a bit. But again a solid starting point.

I think Kassian or the like will be a target for Hextall. I took a look around for teams with a possible need for LD with a player like Kassian, and EDM seems to be the best fit. I don't know that NJ needs a 2nd pairing LD with Smith and Butcher there, although I'd be fine with Wood. I just think Kassian fits more of what Hextall wants. I'm sure there could be minor tweaks to the deal to make it balance, but Kassian/Pettersson as the crux makes sense for both sides IMO.
      Jun. 17, 2021 at 11:23 a.m.
      I think Kassian or the like will be a target for Hextall. I took a look around for teams with a possible need for LD with a player like Kassian, and EDM seems to be the best fit. I don't know that NJ needs a 2nd pairing LD with Smith and Butcher there, although I'd be fine with Wood. I just think Kassian fits more of what Hextall wants. I'm sure there could be minor tweaks to the deal to make it balance, but Kassian/Pettersson as the crux makes sense for both sides IMO.

Yeah but Butcher is a UFA after this year and I think they’d prefer to trade Butcher and get assets for him. So Mp would move up to top 4 by the trade deadline at the latest. I’ve seen a lot of NJ devils fans trading Butcher on here.
      Jun. 17, 2021 at 11:26 a.m.
      Banned
      Quoting: Pensfan89
      Yeah but Butcher is a UFA after this year and I think they’d prefer to trade Butcher and get assets for him. So Mp would move up to top 4 by the trade deadline at the latest. I’ve seen a lot of NJ devils fans trading Butcher on here.

Yeah, I've seen that, too, but I don't think they let him go. Plus they got Siegenthaler who IMO isn't very good, but he might be in the fight for a mid-pair position.
      Jun. 17, 2021 at 11:26 a.m.
      That's not enticing enough to move Greenway. We need top 6 centers, not bottom 6 centers.
      Jun. 17, 2021 at 11:29 a.m.
      Banned
      Quoting: Caerii
      That's not enticing enough to move Greenway. We need top 6 centers, not bottom 6 centers.

Greenway is a good player, I wouldn't be trading him if he wasn't, but he's not worth a top six center IMO. Greenway is a middle six player who gets top-six play when he's more of a supporting cast player, not a main player.
      Jun. 17, 2021 at 11:30 a.m.
      Greenway is a good player, I wouldn't be trading him if he wasn't, but he's not worth a top six center IMO. Greenway is a middle six player who gets top-six play when he's more of a supporting cast player, not a main player.

That's fine, but it still doesn't provide incentive to trade him for two even worse players to fill a hole we don't have.
      Jun. 17, 2021 at 11:31 a.m.
      Banned
      That's fine, but it still doesn't provide incentive to trade him for two even worse players to fill a hole we don't have.

You don't know really much about Blueger then. Which is fine, I don't expect you to. I think if you really knew more about how good he is you'd think differently.
      Jun. 17, 2021 at 11:33 a.m.
      You don't know really much about Blueger then. Which is fine, I don't expect you to. I think if you really knew more about how good he is you'd think differently.

Yeah, again, and I can't stress this enough, regardless of your opinions of your player, we don't need any more bottom six centers, and we don't need to trade Greenway to get two worse bottom six players.
      Jun. 17, 2021 at 11:35 a.m.

I don't know why Pettersson was looked down upon so much this year. He had a slight backtrack, but was still strong overall.

JFresh's player cards (which use a 3 yr weighted avg) have Pettersson in the 76th percentile for WAR (69th percentile for 2020-21), 63rd for even strength offense, and 80th for even strength defense

Corsica Hockey also has Pettersson as the 42nd ranked LD, basically a mid-level second pair LD.

However, Evolving Hockey has Pettersson with a SPAR (standing points above replacement) value of 0.4 which is tied for 128th, placing him in the low second pairing, high third pairing range.

Looking at on-ice goals for per hour (oiGF/60) and on-ice goals against per hour (oiGA/60),

2020-21
      Pettersson had an oiGF/60 of 2.2 (the lowest of his career) and an oiGA/60 of 1.8 (tied with the best of his career) which results in a difference of +0.4.

Over his 4 year career, Pettersson averages an oiGF/60 of 2.8 and an oiGA/60 of 2.2 for a difference of +0.6

I'd say, in general, he's a solid 2nd pairing d-man. If he's paired with someone with a little more offensive acumen, it's better for him. His common partner, John Marino, backslid in regards to his offense this season.
      Jun. 17, 2021 at 11:37 a.m.
      Banned
      Yeah, again, and I can't stress this enough, regardless of your opinions of your player, we don't need any more bottom six centers, and we don't need to trade Greenway to get them.

I think you're wrong, but hey, that's why we have these discussions. Regardless of your opinion, it's still on opinion. It's a really mediocre market for UFA centers this year. Blueger is better than any center you have not named EK.
      Jun. 17, 2021 at 11:39 a.m.
      I think you're wrong, but hey, that's why we have these discussions. Regardless of your opinion, it's still on opinion. It's a really mediocre market for UFA centers this year. Blueger is better than any center you have not named EK.

That's great, and we don't need to trade the better player in Greenway for two lesser players. I hope you understand how this works after this discussion. Your entire argument can be summarized as "well he's an upgrade over what you have, so you should accept this bad deal because you're not going to find anything better"

Which when stated that way, I think we can both agree is a pretty bad argument.
      Jun. 17, 2021 at 11:41 a.m.
      Banned
      That's great, and we don't need to trade the better player in Greenway for two lesser players. I hope you understand how this works after this discussion. Your entire argument can be summarized as "well he's an upgrade over what you have, so you should accept this bad deal because you're not going to find anything better"

Which when stated that way, I think we can both agree is a pretty bad argument.

No, you'd like to be a bad argument, but you're just wrong about Blueger being a lesser player, but again, you're entitled to be wrong and you are.
      Jun. 17, 2021 at 11:44 a.m.
      No, you'd like to be a bad argument, but you're just wrong about Blueger being a lesser player, but again, you're entitled to be wrong and you are.

If Blueger was better than Greenway you wouldn't be trying so hard to trade Blueger for Greenway.

To create a post please Login or Register
      Question:
      Options:
      Add Option
      Submit Poll