RFAYEARSCAP HIT
7$8,700,000
Trades
TOR
  1. Tkachuk, Brady [RFA Rights]
OTT
  1. Marner, Mitchell
Additional Details:
brady wants a team who isnt scared to spend big $$$ to try and win. 10m magic man will play anywhere for his bread
TOR
  1. 2023 2nd round pick (SJS)
SJS
  1. Kerfoot, Alexander
Additional Details:
anywhere for a 2nd
TOR
  1. 2022 3rd round pick (SJS)
SJS
  1. Dermott, Travis
Additional Details:
anywhere for a 3rd
OTT
  1. Rielly, Morgan
  2. 2022 1st round pick (TOR)
  3. 2022 2nd round pick (TOR)
  4. 2022 3rd round pick (SJS)
  5. 2023 2nd round pick (TOR)
  6. 2023 2nd round pick (SJS)
Additional Details:
chabot is elite. 3 times the player rielly is.. we hope they accept
DAL
  1. Abramov, Mikhail
  2. Biega, Alex
  3. Der-Arguchintsev, Semyon
  4. 2023 3rd round pick (TOR)
  5. 2024 3rd round pick (TOR)
Retained Salary Transactions
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
23$81,500,000$81,055,116$0$400,000$444,884

Roster

Left WingCentreRight Wing
$8,700,000$8,700,000
LW
UFA - 7
Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$11,640,250$11,640,250
C
UFA - 3
$6,962,366$6,962,366
RW
UFA - 3
$950,000$950,000
LW
UFA - 2
$11,000,000$11,000,000
C, LW
NMC
UFA - 4
$1,645,000$1,645,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$2,500,000$2,500,000
LW
UFA - 2
$1,250,000$1,250,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$1,500,000$1,500,000
C
UFA - 2
$900,000$900,000
RW, LW
NTC
UFA - 2
$750,000$750,000
C, RW
UFA - 1
$1,250,000$1,250,000
RW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
Logo of the Ottawa Senators
$8,000,000$8,000,000
LD
UFA - 7
$5,000,000$5,000,000
LD/RD
NTC
UFA - 3
$3,800,000$3,800,000
G
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$5,625,000$5,625,000
LD
NTC
UFA - 3
$2,000,000$2,000,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$1,650,000$1,650,000
G
UFA - 1
$894,167$894,167
LD
UFA - 1
Logo of the Dallas Stars
$1,500,000$1,500,000
RD
UFA - 3
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$725,000$725,000
C
UFA - 1
$750,000$750,000
RW
UFA - 1
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$400,000$400K)
RD
RFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Aug. 12, 2021 at 2:56 a.m.
What’s dubas got in Ottawa?
Aug. 12, 2021 at 3:00 a.m.
Banned
Quoting: Theozler
What’s dubas got in Ottawa?

naugthy picks of melnyk
Aug. 12, 2021 at 3:04 a.m.
Quoting: jake6ix_deep
naugthy picks of melnyk

Yikes
Aug. 12, 2021 at 3:33 a.m.
larter
And just like that, we are a 1 line team.

With a worse offensive player in Chabot. Who is just as good or worse at defense as rielly but 3 million dollars more expensive.

Chabot
150 points in 253 games over the last 4 years
or .59 ppg
Rielly
186 in 260 games over the last 4 years
or .72 PPG

I can understand people hating on the leafs, but to say chabot is 3 times the player Rielly is is just a bold faced lie.

And while i would really enjoy brady i will not give up mitch marner for anything but a kings ransom, hes top 5 offensivly, top 15 defensivly, plays both sides of the puck plays PK PP 5 on 5.

Like hes so ridiculously better than brady its not even funny, Hes worlds better defensively hes in his own realm compared to brady,
and then offensively over the last 3 seasons

Brady has 125 points in 198 games
or .63ppg

and mitch has
225 in 195 games.
or 1.15PPG

While being elite on the defensive side of the puck.

Now if your counter arguement is his most recent playoffs, frankly there is no point in having a real discussion, because brady has never played in the playoffs, because hes never been good enough to help drag his team to the playoffs.
Aug. 12, 2021 at 3:38 a.m.
Banned
chabot worse than rielly offensively. you do realize rielly cant even take a slapshot? he has stone hands and his fav move is a weak attempt at a wrap around following a bad wrist shot that normally end back in our zone. i invite you to stop looking at stats and watch chabot play. theres a reason why he almost played 30 mins a night in a few games. also he absolutely turns it up a notch when playing us.
Aug. 12, 2021 at 3:39 a.m.
Banned
mitch isnt a powerforward. and this trend is about those lol
Aug. 12, 2021 at 9:16 a.m.
Marner rocks
Quoting: larter232

With a worse offensive player in Chabot. Who is just as good or worse at defense as rielly but 3 million dollars more expensive.

Chabot
or .59 ppg
Rielly
or .72 PPG

I can understand people hating on the leafs, but to say chabot is 3 times the player Rielly is is just a bold faced lie.

And while i would really enjoy brady i will not give up mitch marner for anything but a kings ransom, hes top 5 offensivly, top 15 defensivly, plays both sides of the puck plays PK PP 5 on 5.

Like hes so ridiculously better than brady its not even funny, Hes worlds better defensively hes in his own realm compared to brady,

or .63ppg

and mitch has
225 in 195 games.
or 1.15PPG

Now if your counter arguement is his most recent playoffs, frankly there is no point in having a real discussion, because brady has never played in the playoffs, because hes never been good enough to help drag his team to the playoffs.

Dead on about Marner, if he played the last game this past regular season. he would have lead the league in ice time for forwards 2 years straight. Marchand is the only other winger that plays the same situations as Marner. I'd need 3 first rounders as well.
Aug. 12, 2021 at 9:26 a.m.
larter
chabot worse than rielly offensively. you do realize rielly cant even take a slapshot? he has stone hands and his fav move is a weak attempt at a wrap around following a bad wrist shot that normally end back in our zone. i invite you to stop looking at stats and watch chabot play. theres a reason why he almost played 30 mins a night in a few games. also he absolutely turns it up a notch when playing us.

i invite you to perhaps actually look at stats every once in a while, might give you a new perspective on these players. Especially when evaluating offensive first players.

From your description it sounds to me like chabot is pretty 1 dimensional if the only thing he does better is take slapshots.

I understand you enjoy power forwards. Probably too much frankly, especially if you would trade one of the best players the leafs have had in their entire history 1 for 1 for brady.
I dont care if hes not a power forward, if im paying 10 million to both i want the player who puts up twice as many points and plays in every single situation on the ice, against the best competition.
Brady isnt that player, and he never will be.
Aug. 12, 2021 at 9:32 a.m.
Banned

There was a story in the Star the year Rielly scored 70 points and 20 goals. The reporter noticed he didn't take slap shots anymore. It was by design. More often than not slap shots get blocked or miss the net. They also are very slow in comparison to a wrist shot in terms of how fast you can get them off. So Rielly decided to stop slap shots. He doesn't use them because they are less effective. It's not that he can't it's that he doesn't. Or at least rarely.
larter232 liked this.
Aug. 12, 2021 at 10:24 a.m.
H.Lindholm Lover
wtf are these lines, lets step away from the trades
Aug. 12, 2021 at 10:27 a.m.
Hockey 1st Sens 2nd
Given the current $$ being thrown at D men this off season (Nurse, Hamilton, Werenski, Jones, Heiskanen) Ottawa could easily get a better return than this for Chabot - BUT they aren't moving him yet. Not until Sanderson proves he can take that 1st pairing spot. Then I'm fairly certain they'll shop him.

And no way would Ottawa trade Tkachuk for Marner. All the talk this offseason has been about building a team that is HARD TO PLAY AGAINST. Brady is VERY MUCH that. Marner, while offensively gifted, is not.
Aug. 12, 2021 at 10:35 a.m.
larter
Quoting: TCMonkey
Given the current $$ being thrown at D men this off season (Nurse, Hamilton, Werenski, Jones, Heiskanen) Ottawa could easily get a better return than this for Chabot - BUT they aren't moving him yet. Not until Sanderson proves he can take that 1st pairing spot. Then I'm fairly certain they'll shop him.

And no way would Ottawa trade Tkachuk for Marner. All the talk this offseason has been about building a team that is HARD TO PLAY AGAINST. Brady is VERY MUCH that. Marner, while offensively gifted, is not.

tell me your a delusional ottawa fan without telling me you are a delusional ottawa fan.
Aug. 12, 2021 at 2:31 p.m.

Chabot
or .59 ppg
Rielly
or .72 PPG

or .63ppg

and mitch has
225 in 195 games.
or 1.15PPG

You need to do more than look at one stat line...

Hmm, I wonder if a team that spends money on good players and is lucky enough to both sign and draft 1OA players will have a better offensive output than a team at the depth of a rebuild.

No **** Morgan Reilly (older, playing through his peak) will have more points playing with Marner, Tavares, Matthews and Nylander than Chabot does playing with Brady, Tierney, CBrown and Colin White

Consider their age, contexts and contract value.

Chabot is a ****ing gem, his contract is amazing, and this package is not enough to land him.
jake6ix_deep and TCMonkey liked this.
Aug. 12, 2021 at 8:42 p.m.
Hockey 1st Sens 2nd
tell me your a delusional ottawa fan without telling me you are a delusional ottawa fan.

Nothing delusional about it. These would both be bad moves for Ottawa right now.
Aug. 13, 2021 at 4:13 a.m.
larter
Nothing delusional about it. These would both be bad moves for Ottawa right now.

quite delusional, so delusional dont even know how delusional you are.
Quoting: PLDGEY
You need to do more than look at one stat line...

Hmm, I wonder if a team that spends money on good players and is lucky enough to both sign and draft 1OA players will have a better offensive output than a team at the depth of a rebuild.

No **** Morgan Reilly (older, playing through his peak) will have more points playing with Marner, Tavares, Matthews and Nylander than Chabot does playing with Brady, Tierney, CBrown and Colin White

Consider their age, contexts and contract value.

Chabot is a ****ing gem, his contract is amazing, and this package is not enough to land him.

that is one of the arguements that simply makes me wanna laugh,

show me a stat that says chabot is worth a better offensive player a first 3 2nds and a 3rd

For reference right, Wayne ****ing gretzky with 2 other players got 2 players and 3 firsts.

You trying to say hes that good then? Hes worth that much?

it would be like the leafs trading matthews and a first 3 seconds and a 3rd for Kucherov.
It would ****ing **** for the leafs to make ^ ^ ^ ^ this trade.
And its what you are asking for Thomas Chabot for christ sake.

Nothing about chabots stats indicate he is going to be worth that kings ransom in this trade not a damn thing.
And contract value?????????????? He makes 8 million dollars for the next 6 years for christ sake thats not value, thats lunacy. Hell Victor Hedman makes less than that.

Hes playing through his peak, hes 27 for christ sake he hasnt entered his peak for a defensman, im not talking about the player Chabot MIGHT turn into im talking about the player he is right now.

Which right now hes worse than mo. Straight up. Less developed maybe higher ceiling but hasnt reached it yet
Aug. 13, 2021 at 7:25 a.m.
Hockey 1st Sens 2nd
quite delusional, so delusional dont even know how delusional you are.

that is one of the arguements that simply makes me wanna laugh,

show me a stat that says chabot is worth a better offensive player a first 3 2nds and a 3rd

For reference right, Wayne ****ing gretzky with 2 other players got 2 players and 3 firsts.

You trying to say hes that good then? Hes worth that much?

it would be like the leafs trading matthews and a first 3 seconds and a 3rd for Kucherov.
It would ****ing **** for the leafs to make ^ ^ ^ ^ this trade.
And its what you are asking for Thomas Chabot for christ sake.

Nothing about chabots stats indicate he is going to be worth that kings ransom in this trade not a damn thing.
And contract value?????????????? He makes 8 million dollars for the next 6 years for christ sake thats not value, thats lunacy. Hell Victor Hedman makes less than that.

Hes playing through his peak, hes 27 for christ sake he hasnt entered his peak for a defensman, im not talking about the player Chabot MIGHT turn into im talking about the player he is right now.

Which right now hes worse than mo. Straight up. Less developed maybe higher ceiling but hasnt reached it yet

Let's put aside that Reilly has been playing with a team that is built to win NOW, while Chabot is with a team that is very much rebuilding. The bigger issue for me is that Reilly is UFA at the season's end, which means he's pretty much just a rental for Ottawa. And yes, they would get great trade value back when they moved him at the deadline (unless he's injured - and they get nothing) but that still leaves them with an incredibly weak defence for the foreseeable future. If Ottawa were heading into another rebuild, or Sanderson had a season or two under his belt and looked like a legit 1st pairing guy, I would LOVE to move Chabot for a mid to late 1st rounder, 3 2nds and a 3rd, it's obviously a king's ransom... but RIGHT NOW... all it does is set Ottawa's rebuild back 2 years which probably makes the rest of the core feel the team will always sell off it's best pieces and never actually build a contender. And THAT is why I said it would be a bad trade for Ottawa.

As for the Tkachuk trade... that one is just bad for Ottawa all around. LOL
Aug. 13, 2021 at 8:01 a.m.
larter
Let's put aside that Reilly has been playing with a team that is built to win NOW, while Chabot is with a team that is very much rebuilding. The bigger issue for me is that Reilly is UFA at the season's end, which means he's pretty much just a rental for Ottawa. And yes, they would get great trade value back when they moved him at the deadline (unless he's injured - and they get nothing) but that still leaves them with an incredibly weak defence for the foreseeable future. If Ottawa were heading into another rebuild, or Sanderson had a season or two under his belt and looked like a legit 1st pairing guy, I would LOVE to move Chabot for a mid to late 1st rounder, 3 2nds and a 3rd, it's obviously a king's ransom... but RIGHT NOW... all it does is set Ottawa's rebuild back 2 years which probably makes the rest of the core feel the team will always sell off it's best pieces and never actually build a contender. And THAT is why I said it would be a bad trade for Ottawa.

As for the Tkachuk trade... that one is just bad for Ottawa all around. LOL

I agree on all parts except the Tkachuk part, hes a dieing breed thats for sure but he aint mitch

Like if i was the leafs it would be quite similar,
Mitch-->ottawa
Tkachuk, 1st, a 2nd-->Toronto
Thats how much better Mitch is both watching him and points wise, there are clear definable stats and traits that mitch has that can justify that amount of a return

Which is why
Chabot-->toronto
Rielly,1 1st, 3 2nds. 1 3rd--> Ottawa
is just lunacy.

Now i will note if it looked like this maybe
Chabot-->Toronto
Rielly, 1 1st, 1 2nd, and Engvall--> Ottawa

Thats a fair return for both teams,
Both get a Number 1 Dman, but ottawa gets an additional first and second, And toronto gets to dump a contract that they dont want that expires at the end of this coming year.
This works for the sens and the leafs, The leafs are in more of a win now mode than the sens.
Rielly is a defenseman with 8 seasons under his belt now so he can provide some leadership
and the sens dont have to worry about Engvalls cap because the cap wont matter to them.

"Given the current $$ being thrown at D men this off season (Nurse, Hamilton, Werenski, Jones, Heiskanen) Ottawa could EASILY GET A BETTER return than this for Chabot"
twas this statement that drove me calling you delusional, because frankly, there is no way any player in the league that isnt a #1 top 3 centerman #1 Top 2 Goalie, or #1 top 5 Dman gets MORE than what this trade offers, maybe different but certainly not more
Aug. 13, 2021 at 8:15 a.m.
Hockey 1st Sens 2nd
I agree on all parts except the Tkachuk part, hes a dieing breed thats for sure but he aint mitch

Like if i was the leafs it would be quite similar,
Mitch-->ottawa
Tkachuk, 1st, a 2nd-->Toronto
Thats how much better Mitch is both watching him and points wise, there are clear definable stats and traits that mitch has that can justify that amount of a return

Which is why
Chabot-->toronto
Rielly,1 1st, 3 2nds. 1 3rd--> Ottawa
is just lunacy.

Now i will note if it looked like this maybe
Chabot-->Toronto
Rielly, 1 1st, 1 2nd, and Engvall--> Ottawa

Thats a fair return for both teams,
Both get a Number 1 Dman, but ottawa gets an additional first and second, And toronto gets to dump a contract that they dont want that expires at the end of this coming year.
This works for the sens and the leafs, The leafs are in more of a win now mode than the sens.
Rielly is a defenseman with 8 seasons under his belt now so he can provide some leadership
and the sens dont have to worry about Engvalls cap because the cap wont matter to them.

"Given the current $$ being thrown at D men this off season (Nurse, Hamilton, Werenski, Jones, Heiskanen) Ottawa could EASILY GET A BETTER return than this for Chabot"
twas this statement that drove me calling you delusional, because frankly, there is no way any player in the league that isnt a #1 top 3 centerman #1 Top 2 Goalie, or #1 top 5 Dman gets MORE than what this trade offers, maybe different but certainly not more

By a "better return" I just meant something more in line with a team coming to the end of a rebuild vs a team just starting one.

We'll have to agree to disagree on the Tkachuk - Marner thing.
IMO the Leafs would be a better playoff team with a Tkachuk in their line up and Ottawa running a 1st line of Marner-Norris-Batherson wouldn't do nearly as well against opponents best defensive pairings.
larter232 liked this.
Aug. 13, 2021 at 8:19 a.m.
larter
By a "better return" I just meant something more in line with a team coming to the end of a rebuild vs a team just starting one.

We'll have to agree to disagree on the Tkachuk - Marner thing.
IMO the Leafs would be a better playoff team with a Tkachuk in their line up and Ottawa running a 1st line of Marner-Norris-Batherson wouldn't do nearly as well against opponents best defensive pairings.

which is far more understandable, and agreeable.

And very fair on that matter. Agree to disagree on that.
TCMonkey liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll