Forums/Armchair-GM

Theofanus Theofanus Theofanus

Created by: impaaaaact
Team: 2021-22 New York Islanders
Initial Creation Date: Aug. 16, 2021
Published: Aug. 16, 2021
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Top 6 LW + consolation Russian (same agent so they'd know he'd sign before acquiring) + hometown boy + late first?
Free Agent Signings
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
2$850,000
1$800,000
3$8,000,000
UFAYEARSCAP HIT
6$2,500,000
4$4,250,000
2$1,000,000
Trades
MIN
  1. Beauvillier, Anthony [RFA Rights]
  2. Bellows, Kieffer [RFA Rights]
  3. Sorokin, Ilya [RFA Rights]
  4. 2022 1st round pick (NYI)
Buyouts
Buried
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the COL
Logo of the NYI
Logo of the NYI
Logo of the NYI
Logo of the NYI
Logo of the NYI
Logo of the NYI
Logo of the NYI
Logo of the NYI
Logo of the NYI
Logo of the NYI
Logo of the NYI
Logo of the NYI
Logo of the NYI
Logo of the NYI
Logo of the NYI
Logo of the NYI
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
23$81,500,000$79,621,688$1,365,854$1,357,500$1,878,312
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the New York Islanders
$7,000,000$7,000,000
LW
NTC
UFA - 5
$7,000,000$7,000,000
C, RW
UFA - 2
$4,250,000$4,250,000
RW, LW
UFA - 4
$8,000,000$8,000,000
LW
UFA - 5
$6,000,000$6,000,000
C, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$5,000,000$5,000,000
RW, LW, C
UFA - 3
$1,000,000$1,000,000
LW
UFA - 1
$5,000,000$5,000,000
C
NTC
UFA - 5
$894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$537,500$538K)
RW
RFA - 2
$1,500,000$1,500,000
LW, RW
UFA - 3
$2,500,000$2,500,000
C
UFA - 6
$3,500,000$3,500,000
RW
UFA - 1
$850,000$850,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$3,000,000$3,000,000
RW, LW, C
M-NTC
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$5,750,000$5,750,000
LD
UFA - 8
$5,000,000$5,000,000
G
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$842,500$842,500 (Performance Bonus$32,500$32K)
LD
UFA - 1
$5,000,000$5,000,000
RD
UFA - 1
$750,000$750,000 (Performance Bonus$250,000$250K)
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$1,450,000$1,450,000
RD
UFA - 2
Logo of the Minnesota Wild
$725,000$725,000
G
UFA - 1
$725,000$725,000
LD
UFA - 1
$894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$537,500$538K)
RD
RFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$6,000,000$6,000,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Aug. 16, 2021 at 11:56 a.m.
Keep Sorokin and give them one of Bolduc, Wilde or Salo instead. Lets reunite Kaprizov and Sorokin, they are good friends since their time with CSKA Moscow. Actually I think Isles is one of few teams Kaprizov would sing longterm with, given how few teams he wants to play for, actually are able to trade/sign him - e.g. Rangers.
impaaaaact liked this.
Aug. 16, 2021 at 11:57 a.m.
after the year Kahkonen had.... and the year Kaprisov had, the price is higher than this.
For MIN Kaprisov = Barzal
Aug. 16, 2021 at 12:00 p.m.
Be formless
I can’t see MIN remotely considering this.
Aug. 16, 2021 at 12:01 p.m.
impaaaaact
the year kahkonnen had? .902 save pct?

Obviously this is based on a scenario where Minnesota and Kaprizov can't come to terms. 0 reason for Isles to trade Barzal, but this feels like a generous return for a player who will possibly lost for nothing
Aug. 16, 2021 at 12:18 p.m.
Isles don’t have the right pieces for Kap. The point would be to get someone to play with Barzal, so he ain’t moving. Not to mention Barzal is more valuable than Kap anyhow.

We’d want a big futures package. If he were to get moved, we’d be going full rebuild. Other teams would be able to outbid the isles on a futures package.
impaaaaact liked this.
Aug. 16, 2021 at 12:24 p.m.
impaaaaact
Is there a team with the futures, cap space, and where Kaprizov would be likely to sign that you can think of? Jersey maybe?
Aug. 16, 2021 at 12:38 p.m.
Quoting: impaaaaact
Is there a team with the futures, cap space, and where Kaprizov would be likely to sign that you can think of? Jersey maybe?

He wants a 3 year term which walks him to UFA. That’s the hangup. The only way I see us trading him is if we can’t sign him longer than 3 years.

But hypothetically if he signed a 3x8 with MIN, I could see us retaining half and trading. 3 years of Kaprizov at $4M would garner a lot of interest. Even with the pending UFA status that’s enough term where teams would pay. It’s 3 years of a top line winger in his prime for $4M.

In that case, I think MIN could net close to 3 1st equivalents.
EccE liked this.
Aug. 16, 2021 at 6:01 p.m.
Quoting: drmantalban
Isles don’t have the right pieces for Kap. The point would be to get someone to play with Barzal, so he ain’t moving. Not to mention Barzal is more valuable than Kap anyhow.

We’d want a big futures package. If he were to get moved, we’d be going full rebuild. Other teams would be able to outbid the isles on a futures package.

I get it, I would be pretty upset too if Barzal publicly said he didn’t want to sign longterm on the Island. But Isles certainly have a LOT of good pieces to do a Kaprizov deal, he isn’t Connor McDavid ffs. We have Beauvillier, Wahlstrom, Dobson, all the 1st rounders in upcoming drafts, Räty, Salo, Bolduc, Wilde, Holmström etc.

You can’t be that much of a homer that you actually believe Kaprizov has more value than Mathew Barzal? Come on! 99% of the hockey world would do that trade 1 for 1 everyday, and that 1% would still do it, solely because Barzal is a center and Kaprizov is not.

The thing is that Kaprizov don’t want to sign longterm in Minnesota, a young up and coming team with a bright future and strong prospect pool. Though the teams is heavily crippled by Suter/Parise buyouts in Kaprizovs prime years + Minnesota is not attractive enough for him, and that just sucks imo, but it’s reality, he wants to do a Panarin and play in New York or Florida with strong russian communities + his best friend Sorokin in Isles maybe. Minnesota would have no leverage in a deal because he wouldn’t sign longterm on many places at all, I mean, what’s the point for a team like Ottawa or Buffalo etc. to trade for a player for max 2-3 years when they are in a rebuild? He wouldn’t sign there anyways! - so once again Minnesota would only get offers from teams who already talked to Kaprizovs camp about a possible longterm deal, how many teams are we talking about?
Aug. 16, 2021 at 6:12 p.m.
Quoting: Isles10
I get it, I would be pretty upset too if Barzal publicly said he didn’t want to sign longterm on the Island. But Isles certainly have a LOT of good pieces to do a Kaprizov deal, he isn’t Connor McDavid ffs. We have Beauvillier, Wahlstrom, Dobson, all the 1st rounders in upcoming drafts, Räty, Salo, Bolduc, Wilde, Holmström etc.

You can’t be that much of a homer that you actually believe Kaprizov has more value than Mathew Barzal? Come on! 99% of the hockey world would do that trade 1 for 1 everyday, and that 1% would still do it, solely because Barzal is a center and Kaprizov is not.

The thing is that Kaprizov don’t want to sign longterm in Minnesota, a young up and coming team with a bright future and strong prospect pool. Though the teams is heavily crippled by Suter/Parise buyouts in Kaprizovs prime years + Minnesota is not attractive enough for him, and that just sucks imo, but it’s reality, he wants to do a Panarin and play in New York or Florida with strong russian communities + his best friend Sorokin in Isles maybe. Minnesota would have no leverage in a deal because he wouldn’t sign longterm on many places at all, I mean, what’s the point for a team like Ottawa or Buffalo etc. to trade for a player for max 2-3 years when they are in a rebuild? He wouldn’t sign there anyways! - so once again Minnesota would only get offers from teams who already talked to Kaprizovs camp about a possible longterm deal, how many teams are we talking about?

Re-read my post. I said Barzal is more valuable than Kaprizov. I was sticking up for the islanders here, so chill before you blast me for homerism.

You also missed my entire point. I didn’t say you had bad pieces, I simple said that Isles would get outbid. You don’t have a blue chipper that could compete with other offers.
Isles10 liked this.
Aug. 16, 2021 at 6:25 p.m.
Re-read my post. I said Barzal is more valuable than Kaprizov. I was sticking up for the islanders here, so chill before you blast me for homerism.

You also missed my entire point. I didn’t say you had bad pieces, I simple said that Isles would get outbid. You don’t have a blue chipper that could compete with other offers.

Sorry! My bad, was to quick there. No, but my point is that it wouldn’t be a lot of other teams by my speculation, Kaprizov would be willing to sign with - that have the capspace or attraction factor. Maybe Florida and they offer Anton Lundell as main piece and that outbids Isles instantly, but Rangers simply will not have the capspace for it, not Tampa either. LA? Maybe, but not a hot spot for hockey players historically and the Toronto factor doesn’t apply to Kaprizov and they could’t do it anyways. New York and playing with his best friend Sorokin on a cup contender for years in the best, new arena in the league would probably entice him alot.
Aug. 16, 2021 at 6:35 p.m.
Sorry! My bad, was to quick there. No, but my point is that it wouldn’t be a lot of other teams by my speculation, Kaprizov would be willing to sign with - that have the capspace or attraction factor. Maybe Florida and they offer Anton Lundell as main piece and that outbids Isles instantly, but Rangers simply will not have the capspace for it, not Tampa either. LA? Maybe, but not a hot spot for hockey players historically and the Toronto factor doesn’t apply to Kaprizov and they could’t do it anyways. New York and playing with his best friend Sorokin on a cup contender for years in the best, new arena in the league would probably entice him alot.

Kaprizov has given no indication whatsoever that market/city is a primary factor in his decision to sign long term. He wants to get to UFA as quickly as possible and cash in. So he wants a 3 year term. That is the only thing that’s been credibly reported. Any speculation on him wanting to be in a big city or with friends or anything else like that is completely unfounded at this time.

IMO if the wild trade him, it will be because they only sign him for 3 years. In which case they can retain 50% and have 20+ suitors. Kaprizov at ~4M for 3 years would have massive interest league wide, regardless of the pending UFA status.

In that case, the wild would want a mostly futures package. Isles rightfully wouldn’t want to give up roster players, especially those on ELCs (wahlstrom, Dobson), so you’d be digging into the prospect pool - raty, bolduc, bellow, etc.

Of your prospect pool and presumably late 1sts, I don’t see pieces more intriguing than what others can offer.
Caerii liked this.
Aug. 16, 2021 at 6:40 p.m.
Kaprizov has given no indication whatsoever that market/city is a primary factor in his decision to sign long term. He wants to get to UFA as quickly as possible and cash in. So he wants a 3 year term. That is the only thing that’s been credibly reported. Any speculation on him wanting to be in a big city or with friends or anything else like that is completely unfounded at this time.

IMO if the wild trade him, it will be because they only sign him for 3 years. In which case they can retain 50% and have 20+ suitors. Kaprizov at ~4M for 3 years would have massive interest league wide, regardless of the pending UFA status.

In that case, the wild would want a mostly futures package. Isles rightfully wouldn’t want to give up roster players, especially those on ELCs (wahlstrom, Dobson), so you’d be digging into the prospect pool - raty, bolduc, bellow, etc.

Of your prospect pool and presumably late 1sts, I don’t see pieces more intriguing than what others can offer.

Yes you’re right, it’s of course just speculation from my side, a prejudiced one based on previous russians in this league. In your hypothetical scenario I agree with you fully.
MNCountryClub liked this.
Aug. 16, 2021 at 6:50 p.m.
Yes you’re right, it’s of course just speculation from my side, a prejudiced one based on previous russians in this league. In your hypothetical scenario I agree with you fully.

FWIW, I do agree that he’d be a great fit on the Isles. Barzal needs some help and I can see those two meshing extremely well. I just don’t see us moving him, but even if we absolutely had to, there are ways MIN could create a fairly large bidding war that would price out NYI - ie retention, take cap back, etc.
Isles10 liked this.
Aug. 16, 2021 at 6:51 p.m.
FWIW, I do agree that he’d be a great fit on the Isles. Barzal needs some help and I can see those two meshing extremely well. I just don’t see us moving him, but even if we absolutely had to, there are ways MIN could create a fairly large bidding war that would price out NYI - ie retention, take cap back, etc.

In that scenario, which is most likely of course, I fully agree. In the Isles scenario a lot of things would have to play out in Isles favor.
MNCountryClub liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll