VAN
  1. Bear, Ethan [RFA Rights]
  2. Bokk, Dominik
  3. Fast, Jesper
  4. Kotkaniemi, Jesperi [RFA Rights]
  5. 2022 3rd round pick (CHI)
  6. 2023 2nd round pick (CAR)
Additional Details:
If Kotkaniemi doesn't quite pan out the way the Canes hope and they deem him expendable in the event they can at least get something for him
Buyouts
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the FLA
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the NJD
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the VAN
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
23$82,500,000$75,751,667$1,250,000$1,150,000$6,748,333

Roster

Left WingCentreRight Wing
$3,150,000$3,150,000
C
UFA - 8
Logo of the Vancouver Canucks
$7,350,000$7,350,000
C, LW
UFA - 2
$891,667$891,667 (Performance Bonus$300,000$300K)
LW, RW
RFA - 1
$4,950,000$4,950,000
RW, LW
UFA - 4
$4,125,000$4,125,000
C
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
RW, LW
RFA - 2
$3,250,000$3,250,000
LW
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$4,450,000$4,450,000
C, LW, RW
UFA - 5
Logo of the Carolina Hurricanes
$2,000,000$2,000,000
RW
UFA - 1
$1,450,000$1,450,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$2,650,000$2,650,000
C, LW
UFA - 2
$800,000$800,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$7,260,000$7,260,000
LD
NMC
UFA - 5
$6,000,000$6,000,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$5,000,000$5,000,000
G
UFA - 4
$7,850,000$7,850,000
LD
UFA - 5
$3,000,000$3,000,000
RD
UFA - 1
$800,000$800,000
LD
UFA - 2
$3,000,000$3,000,000
RD
UFA - 1
$800,000$800,000
G
RFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$750,000$750,000
C, LW
UFA - 1
$3,500,000$3,500,000
LW, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$800,000$800,000
C, LW
UFA
$850,000$850,000
RD
UFA - 1
Taxi Squad
$750,000$750,000 ($0$0$0$0)
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$800,000$800,000 ($0$0$0$0)
LW
UFA - 1
$850,000$850,000 ($0$0$0$0)
C, LW, RW
UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jan. 1, 2022 at 2:36 a.m.
Banned
Quoting: ragger_lord
Let's see some sources. Miller has taken more faceoffs than Aho this year.

Per Moneypuck 21% of his shifts start on the O-zone.

Per Moneypuck Corey Perry has a higher xG/60 than Svech so I don't know if that stats a hill you want to die on.

It's fine to not want to pay that price for Miller but to imply he would be a 3LW, and imply KK would be a better 2C is just blatant homerism.

Dude who is this idiot? Caniac2000
ragger_lord liked this.
Jan. 1, 2022 at 2:40 a.m.
Quoting: Knuckl3s
You aren't listening, Miller is not a defensive liability, and Teravainen plays the right wing ahead of Necas and Jarvis. Vancouver as a team overall has one of the lower GAA stats in the league, just not as low as Carolina who is at the very bottom and is the gold standard. Miller isn't Selke material but the good most definitely outweighs the bad. Stupid homer

Teravainen is a left winger... He's been Aho's left wing man forever. He got displaced at times last year when Teuvo had his concussion, but he's primarily a left winger who only gets moved across when they want to torture teams with the SAT line.

Miller's defensive issues don't outweigh his offensive strengths. There's no denying he's great offensively, but he's SO bad defensively that he's a net negative in terms of his underlying numbers.
evelutions2 liked this.
Jan. 1, 2022 at 2:44 a.m.
Banned
Quoting: Caniac2000
Teravainen is a left winger... He's been Aho's left wing man forever. He got displaced at times last year when Teuvo had his concussion, but he's primarily a left winger who only gets moved across when they want to torture teams with the SAT line.

Miller's defensive issues don't outweigh his offensive strengths. There's no denying he's great offensively, but he's SO bad defensively that he's a net negative in terms of his underlying numbers.

I don't know what underlying numbers you are looking at, but if they are from when Travis Green was behind the Canuck bench, those numbers are obsolete, because Boudreau has completely turned around their special teams, and saying that Miller is just like a Mike Hoffman or a Patrik Laine is just absurd. I implore you to go talk to more Canuck fans and see what they think

Oh, and one more thing, I haven't seen Turbo on left wing in the Canes depth chart in a very long time if ever
Jan. 1, 2022 at 3:13 a.m.
I don't know what underlying numbers you are looking at, but if they are from when Travis Green was behind the Canuck bench, those numbers are obsolete, because Boudreau has completely turned around their special teams, and saying that Miller is just like a Mike Hoffman or a Patrik Laine is just absurd. I implore you to go talk to more Canuck fans and see what they think

Oh, and one more thing, I haven't seen Turbo on left wing in the Canes depth chart in a very long time if ever

He's played most of the season at left wing because of Jarvis' emergence on the right...
Svechnikov - Aho - Necas
Teravainen - Trocheck - Jarvis
Niederreiter - Staal - Fast
Lorentz - Kotkaniemi - Stepan

that's been the forward core when healthy.

Buddy, 6 games since a coaching chance doesn't invalidate how garbage he's been the rest of the year (defensively). Saying it does is the funniest thing I've ever heard... Are Vancouver now among the Presidents trophy contenders because games before Boudreau don't matter? NO!
Jan. 1, 2022 at 3:49 a.m.
Banned
He's played most of the season at left wing because of Jarvis' emergence on the right...
Svechnikov - Aho - Necas
Teravainen - Trocheck - Jarvis
Niederreiter - Staal - Fast
Lorentz - Kotkaniemi - Stepan

that's been the forward core when healthy.

Buddy, 6 games since a coaching chance doesn't invalidate how garbage he's been the rest of the year (defensively). Saying it does is the funniest thing I've ever heard... Are Vancouver now among the Presidents trophy contenders because games before Boudreau don't matter? NO!

You are still twisting my words, I never said anything about the Presidents trophy, and yes actually, the coaching change most certainly does render the previous 25 games obsolete, that's the whole point of a coaching change. The games before Boudreau of course matter when it comes to the standings, but that is not necessarily the case when it comes to evaluating talent and/or analytics. You are telling me that Miller is awful defensively when he is +3 this season in plus/minus. I know it's not a great stat but still, you would expect a player who is a defensive liability to more likely than not have a negative +/-

I still think you are just trolling
Jan. 1, 2022 at 4:49 a.m.
You are still twisting my words, I never said anything about the Presidents trophy, and yes actually, the coaching change most certainly does render the previous 25 games obsolete, that's the whole point of a coaching change. The games before Boudreau of course matter when it comes to the standings, but that is not necessarily the case when it comes to evaluating talent and/or analytics. You are telling me that Miller is awful defensively when he is +3 this season in plus/minus. I know it's not a great stat but still, you would expect a player who is a defensive liability to more likely than not have a negative +/-

I still think you are just trolling

Leon Draisaitl has 51 points in 30 games and is only a +8... players that are defensive liabilities like Draisaitl and Miller, but can score at more than a PPG rate at the other end will have a meh plus/minus. Plus, IT'S A GARBAGE STAT.

Then you're using only 8 games to determine a players skill? That's a joke. Anyone can get hot over 8 games, it's why it's important to look at the season as a whole.
Jan. 1, 2022 at 4:59 a.m.
Banned
Leon Draisaitl has 51 points in 30 games and is only a +8... players that are defensive liabilities like Draisaitl and Miller, but can score at more than a PPG rate at the other end will have a meh plus/minus. Plus, IT'S A GARBAGE STAT.

Then you're using only 8 games to determine a players skill? That's a joke. Anyone can get hot over 8 games, it's why it's important to look at the season as a whole.

I can say for a fact that the 8 games since the coaching change isn't a hot streak or a fluke, the Canucks are showing absolutely no signs of reverting back to how they were performing in the first quarter of the season. And why should anybody take your word seriously, you don't even watch them. Nobody is putting stock into the stats of the Canucks first quarter of the season to predict how they will perform the rest of this season because everybody knows that the team is better and more talented than they were performing in the first 25 games. I listen to Canucks media and they have excellent coverage of the team
Jan. 1, 2022 at 5:00 a.m.
I can say for a fact that the 8 games since the coaching change isn't a hot streak or a fluke, the Canucks are showing absolutely no signs of reverting back to how they were performing in the first quarter of the season. And why should anybody take your word seriously, you don't even watch them. Nobody is putting stock into the stats of the Canucks first quarter of the season to predict how they will perform the rest of this season because everybody knows that the team is better and more talented than they were performing in the first 25 games. I listen to Canucks media and they have excellent coverage of the team

Hot streaks end suddenly, it's why they're called streaks. This is WAY too small a sample size to say the team has turned a corner, and if you honestly think that, you're beyond help.
Jan. 1, 2022 at 5:01 a.m.
Banned
Miller would lead the Canes in points. He's top 10 in NHL scoring and has more points than Matthews, Nylander, and Laine. It's not a fluke either. He's been around a PPG center since joining the Canucks.

And before you say line mates - he's spent a lot of this year and last year with garbage linemates and has recently still been producing on a line with Chiasson and Pearson (they suck).

Miller way be a WAYYYYYY better 2C than KK next year.

Chiasson isn't very good, but Pearson is good. Pearson only gets flack because he isn't a very fast skater, but he's quite well rounded in other areas of the game
Jan. 1, 2022 at 5:07 a.m.
Banned
Hot streaks end suddenly, it's why they're called streaks. This is WAY too small a sample size to say the team has turned a corner, and if you honestly think that, you're beyond help.

There winning streak would have ended sooner if they are truly as bad as they were in the first quarter of the season. Nobody else besides you is saying that the team will regress back to where they were
Jan. 1, 2022 at 5:08 a.m.
There winning streak would have ended sooner if they are truly as bad as they were in the first quarter of the season. Nobody else besides you is saying that the team will regress back to where they were

I'm not saying they'll go back to where they were. I'm saying they won't win every game for the rest of the year. The Canucks still have fatal flaws on the blueline and in terms of true elite talents. They'll come back to earth, don't worry about that.
Jan. 1, 2022 at 5:19 a.m.
Banned
I'm not saying they'll go back to where they were. I'm saying they won't win every game for the rest of the year. The Canucks still have fatal flaws on the blueline and in terms of true elite talents. They'll come back to earth, don't worry about that.

I'm not disagreeing with you there, of course they are going to lose more games this season. As for their roster, their blueline has performed a lot better than was expected of them at the start of the season. Again, this team is 10th in the league in GAA with 2.58. Considering that they don't have a particularly deep blueline, you wouldn't expect them to be that high up in that stat. The team has plenty of talent and I'm not worried about some of the guys who have been struggling, I'm confident they will all bounce back, because they have been great in the past as we've seen, even if it doesn't happen until next season, and I'm not writing this team off from potentially making the playoffs. That's all I'm saying
Jan. 1, 2022 at 8:54 a.m.
Lets Get Kraken
You aren't listening, Miller is not a defensive liability, and Teravainen plays the right wing ahead of Necas and Jarvis. Vancouver as a team overall has one of the lower GAA stats in the league, just not as low as Carolina who is at the very bottom and is the gold standard. Miller isn't Selke material but the good most definitely outweighs the bad. Stupid homer

Alright, how about we put it this way. Canes are going to tank their chances at the Stanley Cup just to help another team find a way into a playoff spot. It’s a drastic overpayment for Miller, and if that’s the cost to get him, Canes are just better off looking elsewhere for a better winger who isn’t such a defensive liability.
Caniac2000 liked this.
Jan. 1, 2022 at 8:56 a.m.
Quoting: evelutions2
Alright, how about we put it this way. Canes are going to tank their chances at the Stanley Cup just to help another team find a way into a playoff spot. It’s a drastic overpayment for Miller, and if that’s the cost to get him, Canes are just better off looking elsewhere for a better winger who isn’t such a defensive liability.

This person speaks more sense than the entire Canucks fanbase!!
Jan. 1, 2022 at 9:00 a.m.
Lets Get Kraken
I'm not disagreeing with you there, of course they are going to lose more games this season. As for their roster, their blueline has performed a lot better than was expected of them at the start of the season. Again, this team is 10th in the league in GAA with 2.58. Considering that they don't have a particularly deep blueline, you wouldn't expect them to be that high up in that stat. The team has plenty of talent and I'm not worried about some of the guys who have been struggling, I'm confident they will all bounce back, because they have been great in the past as we've seen, even if it doesn't happen until next season, and I'm not writing this team off from potentially making the playoffs. That's all I'm saying

The only reason their GAA is that good is because Demko has been stealing games. It doesn’t show how bad that dcore is, it only shows how good the goalie is. I can’t disagree that the Canucks have a lot of talent, but if they can’t defend, and only rely on Demko to steal games, they won’t get far.
Jan. 1, 2022 at 4:47 p.m.
Banned
The only reason their GAA is that good is because Demko has been stealing games. It doesn’t show how bad that dcore is, it only shows how good the goalie is. I can’t disagree that the Canucks have a lot of talent, but if they can’t defend, and only rely on Demko to steal games, they won’t get far.

Oh they can defend, they aren't leaving their goaltending hanging out to dry anymore. Goaltending can't steal 7 games in a row, no team wins 7 games with a weak forward group, weak defense, or weak goaltending even if the other two positions are of great strength

This person speaks more sense than the entire Canucks fanbase!!

I haven't really seen you talk to any Canuck fans, so makes you think you are in any position to say that? There was one other guy earlier in this thread who called you out for being a complete homer and gave the supporting evidence that he thought was befitting

You can call that an overpayment for Miller, but you can't tell me he's a defensive liability when you haven't watched nearly as much Canucks hockey as I have. Again, I'm not insisting that the Canes go after Miller this trade deadline, I'm just saying I disagree with yours and Caniac2000's take on the individual player
ragger_lord liked this.
Jan. 1, 2022 at 7:16 p.m.
Lets Get Kraken
Oh they can defend, they aren't leaving their goaltending hanging out to dry anymore. Goaltending can't steal 7 games in a row, no team wins 7 games with a weak forward group, weak defense, or weak goaltending even if the other two positions are of great strength

I haven't really seen you talk to any Canuck fans, so makes you think you are in any position to say that? There was one other guy earlier in this thread who called you out for being a complete homer and gave the supporting evidence that he thought was befitting

You can call that an overpayment for Miller, but you can't tell me he's a defensive liability when you haven't watched nearly as much Canucks hockey as I have. Again, I'm not insisting that the Canes go after Miller this trade deadline, I'm just saying I disagree with yours and Caniac2000's take on the individual player

Kind of hard to watch the Canucks when they are locally blacked out in my state. And unless they are playing in the east, I really won’t be awake when they do play. I do watch them whenever I can. I can’t deny the fact I don’t watch as much of the Canucks as a Canucks homer.
Jan. 1, 2022 at 9:09 p.m.
Nuck Fan

Except that's not what's being said.

He's arguing Miller is a meh player that would be a worse 2C than KK, and is a 3LW - neither of which is true.
Jan. 1, 2022 at 9:14 p.m.
Nuck Fan
Corey Perry also has a way smaller sample size. Source is NST. Hockey reference backs it up, as opposed to an xGAR heavy MoneyPuck. It also neglects QoT, QoC and xToI.

Miller's just overrated, and he's a net meh player. He's great and offensive at one end, but he's so shakey at the other that the good doesn't outweigh the bad. His dxG is a negative, even as a point per game player... let that sink in.

I think you're probably the only person in the world that thinks Miller is a meh player...

Say you don't like the trade, fine - that's different from calling Miller a meh player which is just not true.
zackhendo liked this.
Jan. 1, 2022 at 9:14 p.m.
Nuck Fan
Dude who is this idiot? Caniac2000

He tried to convince me Fast was better than Boeser. Idk man
Jan. 1, 2022 at 9:23 p.m.
Lets Get Kraken
Except that's not what's being said.

He's arguing Miller would be a worse 2C than KK, and is a 3LW - neither of which is true.

On the Canes depth charts, he would be played as a LW. Depending on which wing Turbo is playing, our wing depth would be:
With Turbo at LW:
Svech
Turbo
Miller
Nino

With Turbo at RW:
Svech
Miller
Nino

Since Turbo mainly plays at RW with Aho, and the Canes have had a bit of hole that was partially filled by Nino at 2LW, Miller would either be 2/3LW. KK was brought in as a potential fix at 2LW, and while he was decent on the wings, he shines brighter at Center. And with Trocheck likely leaving next year, KK would get those top 6 minutes.

Until it is proven that the statement of Miller being a worse 2C and a 3LW is true, we will never know and can only speculate. It is very likely that KK will have a breakout year next year, especially if he ends up playing 2C. Miller could quite possibly regress greatly after a trade like this and the Canes get screwed. We can’t know and we won’t know until it actually happens or not.
Jan. 1, 2022 at 9:28 p.m.
Lets Get Kraken
He tried to convince me Fast was better than Boeser. Idk man

It depends on whether we are talking offense or defense. Offense Boeser is better. Fast is a reliable 30 point guy. I can’t argue with these statements. But defensively, it’s the opposite. From my limited sample size, Boeser has not been as good defensively as Fast. So yes, in one aspect, Fast is better than Boeser. Being better in one aspect doesn’t necessarily mean he is better in every aspect. Every player has their strengths and their weaknesses.
Jan. 1, 2022 at 11:13 p.m.
Nuck Fan
On the Canes depth charts, he would be played as a LW. Depending on which wing Turbo is playing, our wing depth would be:
With Turbo at LW:
Svech
Turbo
Miller
Nino

With Turbo at RW:
Svech
Miller
Nino

Since Turbo mainly plays at RW with Aho, and the Canes have had a bit of hole that was partially filled by Nino at 2LW, Miller would either be 2/3LW. KK was brought in as a potential fix at 2LW, and while he was decent on the wings, he shines brighter at Center. And with Trocheck likely leaving next year, KK would get those top 6 minutes.

Until it is proven that the statement of Miller being a worse 2C and a 3LW is true, we will never know and can only speculate. It is very likely that KK will have a breakout year next year, especially if he ends up playing 2C. Miller could quite possibly regress greatly after a trade like this and the Canes get screwed. We can’t know and we won’t know until it actually happens or not.

I'm just saying it's pretty ridiculous to call a guy that's top 10 in NHL scoring a "meh" player and imply he would be a worse 2C than a guy who's career high is 34 points (which he will probably break this year to be fair).

Yes it's possible Miller regresses and KK improves but based on the last 3 years I don't think that's a likely outcome.

Anyways I'm over this conversation.
Jan. 2, 2022 at 12:08 a.m.
I think you're probably the only person in the world that thinks Miller is a meh player...

Say you don't like the trade, fine - that's different from calling Miller a meh player which is just not true.

But it is. He's a defensive liability but a good offensive player. It doesn't matter if you score 100 goals if you also give up 100... it's entertaining, but entertaining =/= good
Jan. 2, 2022 at 2:57 a.m.
Banned
Kind of hard to watch the Canucks when they are locally blacked out in my state. And unless they are playing in the east, I really won’t be awake when they do play. I do watch them whenever I can. I can’t deny the fact I don’t watch as much of the Canucks as a Canucks homer.

Fair enough man, and let me tell you, nobody needs to be a homer for any sports team, there is no obligation of any kind unless it comes from within

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll