Forums/Armchair-GM

Garland Motte Schenn

Created by: OB16
Team: 2021-22 Toronto Maple Leafs
Initial Creation Date: Jan. 30, 2022
Published: Jan. 30, 2022
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Imagine a LW of Bunting, Garland, Mikheyev and Motte?!?
Trades
TOR
  1. Chiarot, Ben ($1,750,000 retained)
MTL
  1. Engvall, Pierre
  2. 2023 2nd round pick (TOR)
ARI
  1. Ritchie, Nick
  2. 2023 6th round pick (TOR)
Retained Salary Transactions
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
21$81,500,000$79,694,783$0$0$1,805,217
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$950,000$950,000
LW
UFA - 2
$11,640,250$11,640,250
C
UFA - 3
$10,903,000$10,903,000
RW
UFA - 4
Logo of the Vancouver Canucks
$4,950,000$4,950,000
RW, LW
UFA - 5
$11,000,000$11,000,000
C, LW
NMC
UFA - 4
$6,962,366$6,962,366
RW
UFA - 3
$1,645,000$1,645,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$1,500,000$1,500,000
C
UFA - 2
$1,250,000$1,250,000
RW
UFA - 1
$1,225,000$1,225,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$750,000$750,000
C, RW
UFA - 1
$900,000$900,000
RW, LW
NTC
UFA - 2
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$5,000,000$5,000,000
LD
NMC
UFA - 1
$5,000,000$5,000,000
LD/RD
NTC
UFA - 3
$1,650,000$1,650,000
G
UFA - 1
$5,625,000$5,625,000
LD
NTC
UFA - 3
$2,000,000$2,000,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$3,800,000$3,800,000
G
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$894,167$894,167
LD
UFA - 1
Logo of the Montreal Canadiens
$0$0
LD/RD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$850,000$850,000
RD
UFA - 2
Taxi Squad
Logo of the Arizona Coyotes
$750,000$750,000 ($0$0$0$0)
LW, C, RW
UFA - 1
$863,333$863,333 ($0$0$0$0) (Performance Bonus$400,000$400K)
RD
RFA - 1
$1,000,000$1,000,000 ($0$0$0$0)
LW
UFA - 1
$750,000$750,000 ($0$0$0$0)
RW
RFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jan. 30, 2022 at 9:58 p.m.
Quoting: Workingclasshero
I would be willing to give dermott and a third for Risto and obviously Philly would have to retain salary

you do realise that Risto is worse than Dermott, right?
palhal liked this.
Jan. 30, 2022 at 9:58 p.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
A servere overpaid for Garland who makes 1.4 more than Kerfoot. Leafs don't have the cap for Garland especially next season, and the Leafs are pretty loaded at wing.
Jan. 30, 2022 at 10:33 p.m.
Quoting: JaredOfLondon
sure, and Forsberg was traded for Erat. Someone might, but then someone might not. And no, he didnt have a good playoffs last year, Carey Price and Phil Danault had GREAT playoffs and Chariot was along for the ride. He was brutal and had some of the worst playoff metrics of any player in the entire league.

Do you understand how metrics work or your just throwing them there because it make you look cool? I would like you to explain to us what in the metric actually make him a bad defenceman. I am sure I’ll enjoy that.
Jan. 30, 2022 at 10:35 p.m.
Quoting: Joblow
Do you understand how metrics work or your just throwing them there because it make you look cool? I would like you to explain to us what in the metric actually make him a bad defenceman. I am sure I’ll enjoy that.

literally every metric that exists shows he is a bad defenceman
Jan. 30, 2022 at 10:45 p.m.
literally every metric that exists shows he is a bad defenceman

But you have no idea to how interpreted those metrics? So you just saw that it’s negative and in your head its bad? How would you rate Ryan Mcdonagh game ? I guess he is a wash up defenceman that is terrible by your standard since is metric are awful. But you probably haven’t taken in consideration that he is almost always use in defensive zone faceoff and he depend on is centerman for the faceoff that could and up in a scoring chance, shot on net or blockshot. That also doesn’t take into consideration that he face the offensive weapon on everysingle opponents and that is main purpose is to limits the the opponents scoring goals. If the goaletender can’t make a freaking save then its affect everyone metrics. I would really like you to exposed us on why is metrics number are bad? Because you are here talking **** but you don’t have any understanding of your main argument.
Jan. 30, 2022 at 10:52 p.m.
But you have no idea to how interpreted those metrics? So you just saw that it’s negative and in your head its bad? How would you rate Ryan Mcdonagh game ? I guess he is a wash up defenceman that is terrible by your standard since is metric are awful. But you probably haven’t taken in consideration that he is almost always use in defensive zone faceoff and he depend on is centerman for the faceoff that could and up in a scoring chance, shot on net or blockshot. That also doesn’t take into consideration that he face the offensive weapon on everysingle opponents and that is main purpose is to limits the the opponents scoring goals. If the goaletender can’t make a freaking save then its affect everyone metrics. I would really like you to exposed us on why is metrics number are bad? Because you are here talking **** but you don’t have any understanding of your main argument.

so you dont understand stats and how they work, got it. And dont try to say you do because if you did you'd know that stats account for everything you mentioned.
Ben Chariot is bad, he allows more shots, more chances, more quality shots, more high danger chances than 99.99% players in the league. The numbers show that he is worse than players on his own team by a significant margin so he cant have the excuse of goaltending or facing top competition because his partner does too and doesnt get caved in like he does etc etc etc.
He is just flat out terrible. He cant defend, he cant score, he is slow, he isnt remotly mobile and he makes his goalies job tougher by blocking their view and deflecting pucks making them harder to stop.
And dont think I didnt catch that you tried to pretend that the metrics were on your side and then when confronted with the reality that they were in fact not you attempted a nonsensical rant that only further exposed that you have no idea how bad a player he is
Jan. 30, 2022 at 10:52 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: TBOOGiE
I guarantee you someone will just look at his decent playoffs last year and give up a decent amount for him. They'll look at the habs roster and say its normal that he's struggling. I agree that he's not worth that much at all...but someone just might

There are as many potential buyers as sellers, maybe more sellers, the east is set and west isn't that far off from being set as well. Some teams that are bubble teams in the west may be reluctant to buy since they are not yet close to really being a contender which may mean there are less buyers than normal. If that's the case then the prices won't be as high. Supply and demand. Chiarot isn't remotely as good of an option as others out there.
Jan. 30, 2022 at 11:00 p.m.
Banned

This seems to be a common sentiment from Hab fans right now. Everyone on the team is great and worth a major haul because they are having a horrendous season due to everyone else's fault. It's both simultaneously no one's fault and everyone's fault they are a historically bad Habs team. Petry been horrible, it's everything else but his fault. Chiarot? His partners fault or the goalies. The goalies not to blame because the defence is both amazing and terrible. The forwards are game breakers but not scoring or defending but all specifically doing great.

Its this strange paradox.
Jan. 30, 2022 at 11:00 p.m.
so you dont understand stats and how they work, got it. And dont try to say you do because if you did you'd know that stats account for everything you mentioned.
Ben Chariot is bad, he allows more shots, more chances, more quality shots, more high danger chances than 99.99% players in the league. The numbers show that he is worse than players on his own team by a significant margin so he cant have the excuse of goaltending or facing top competition because his partner does too and doesnt get caved in like he does etc etc etc.
He is just flat out terrible. He cant defend, he cant score, he is slow, he isnt remotly mobile and he makes his goalies job tougher by blocking their view and deflecting pucks making them harder to stop.
And dont think I didnt catch that you tried to pretend that the metrics were on your side and then when confronted with the reality that they were in fact not you attempted a nonsensical rant that only further exposed that you have no idea how bad a player he is

Sonyou dont have a fl clue of how does metrics work. You just throw number out there and think that you understand everything about the game when you don’t even take into consideration all the facteur around it. And you didn’t in fact put any metrics in my face you just assume that because there metrics are bad they are all trash when you don’t
even understand them. I am still waiting for you to explain me why is numbers are bad ´. Because all have you been doing is saying these numbers are bad but without any circonstances explanation those number are nothing more then number
Jan. 30, 2022 at 11:03 p.m.
Quoting: PleaseBanMeForMyOwnGood
This seems to be a common sentiment from Hab fans right now. Everyone on the team is great and worth a major haul because they are having a horrendous season due to everyone else's fault. It's both simultaneously no one's fault and everyone's fault they are a historically bad Habs team. Petry been horrible, it's everything else but his fault. Chiarot? His partners fault or the goalies. The goalies not to blame because the defence is both amazing and terrible. The forwards are game breakers but not scoring or defending but all specifically doing great.

At least Caufield is a lock for 30 and the favourite for the Calder… oh wait
Jan. 30, 2022 at 11:06 p.m.
Sonyou dont have a fl clue of how does metrics work. You just throw number out there and think that you understand everything about the game when you don’t even take into consideration all the facteur around it. And you didn’t in fact put any metrics in my face you just assume that because there metrics are bad they are all trash when you don’t
even understand them. I am still waiting for you to explain me why is numbers are bad ´. Because all have you been doing is saying these numbers are bad but without any circonstances explanation those number are nothing more then number

hahaha, so you havent even looked em up eh? well im not gonna do your homework for you. So if you wanna pretend the mean numbers are lying then you do you. I bet you cant even find a single metric or stat that makes chariot look good.
Jan. 30, 2022 at 11:07 p.m.

it's crazy how Chariot was so amazingly good last year, despite the numbers and the eye test of everyone who wasnt a habs fan or someone who still mainlines rock em sock em videos showing he was awful, and then this year he's suddenly just having a rough season when the elite defensive C is gone and price isnt in god mode.
someone call fox mulder
Jan. 30, 2022 at 11:17 p.m.

You lost your Best Players in Carey Price, your beat defenceman and 2 of your top 3 center. You haven’t had Edmundson on defense then you had to use 38 different players at some point, even had some Echl players in the roster for a couple of game. These are extreme condition for any team. Plus Bergevin made some really horrible moved this off-season. That a recipe for a total wreck and that exactly what have happen. Do players have suck in a big way, absolutely but that doesn’t mean they are absolutely waste bag. And its everyone fault and no one fault. I mean at some pount Chiarot played with Corey Shuneman. Chiarot alone shouldn’t have had to play all those minutes against top opposition bit he had no choice since Weber and Edmundson weren’t there. Players have to take responsibility for their atrocious play but management need to take a huge par of the blame. They have let Danault walk and gave is money to Hoffman. They should have sign KK to a contract before he could sign offersheet. They should have pursue a right handed defenseman that can skate. Those where all extremely costly mistake made by bergevin who was looking completely burn out. All those thibg are all factor that contributed on this debacle. I understand that a lot of traded proposal are extremely unrealistic but you don’t reach the stanley cup final and suddenly all your players are all piece of trash worthless ****. Habs haven’t played a single game this year with all their roster. Those thing have a affect.
Jan. 30, 2022 at 11:22 p.m.
hahaha, so you havent even looked em up eh? well im not gonna do your homework for you. So if you wanna pretend the mean numbers are lying then you do you. I bet you cant even find a single metric or stat that makes chariot look good.

Of course you won’t since you don’t have a ****ing clue about what metrics are for. I guess if Jake Muzzin could be that bad in metrics and still get a haul of a return there some team that will be attract in Chariot si ce they are horrible
Jan. 30, 2022 at 11:24 p.m.
Of course you won’t since you don’t have a ****ing clue about what metrics are for. I guess if Jake Muzzin could be that bad in metrics and still get a haul of a return there some team that will be attract in Chariot si ce they are horrible

couldnt find one eh? Oh, and Jake Muzzin has had great metrics for most of his career, not so much this season, but 25 bad games this year compared to the rest of his career is an anomaly, plus he's been injured and had some concussions so it happens. Unlike Chariot who has been bad pretty much his whole career and just worse and worse every year recently.
Jake Muzzin can also contribute offensively and skate at an NHL level.
Jan. 30, 2022 at 11:37 p.m.
couldnt find one eh? Oh, and Jake Muzzin has had great metrics for most of his career, not so much this season, but 25 bad games this year compared to the rest of his career is an anomaly, plus he's been injured and had some concussions so it happens. Unlike Chariot who has been bad pretty much his whole career and just worse and worse every year recently.
Jake Muzzin can also contribute offensively and skate at an NHL level.

Ahah so Maple leafs players with bad Metrics e good but the rest of the NHL are bad it’s pretty funny how you took averythibg to your advantage all the time. Muzzin metrics have drop considerably because he is mainly use in defensive purposes now. Be was main’y use in offensive zone starts early in is career and just like every defenseman that get into a more defensive minded role is offensive vs defensive zone starts starts to become larger and now he starts 65% of the time in defensive zone having no control on Faceoff. Those are the main reason their metric is that bad. Ryan McDonagh have terrible metrics but everysingle GM would trade their soul for a defenceman like him.
Chariot have been bad in metric because he always been a defenseman that haven’t had much offensive starts and had for main purpose defensive mission. Erik Johnson who have been playing for a high rolling offense had bad metric on since he is use in defensive mather. This is a commun thing around NHL. Sure a guy who always starts in the offensive zone will ahave better metric since he barely have to defend. Anthony Deangelo would be in your standard a Norris winner since is metrics are off the chart but everyone around the league know he can’t defend ****. So again i don’t thibk that you understand how to use metrics at all.
Jan. 30, 2022 at 11:41 p.m.
Ahah so Maple leafs players with bad Metrics e good but the rest of the NHL are bad it’s pretty funny how you took averythibg to your advantage all the time. Muzzin metrics have drop considerably because he is mainly use in defensive purposes now. Be was main’y use in offensive zone starts early in is career and just like every defenseman that get into a more defensive minded role is offensive vs defensive zone starts starts to become larger and now he starts 65% of the time in defensive zone having no control on Faceoff. Those are the main reason their metric is that bad. Ryan McDonagh have terrible metrics but everysingle GM would trade their soul for a defenceman like him.
Chariot have been bad in metric because he always been a defenseman that haven’t had much offensive starts and had for main purpose defensive mission. Erik Johnson who have been playing for a high rolling offense had bad metric on since he is use in defensive mather. This is a commun thing around NHL. Sure a guy who always starts in the offensive zone will ahave better metric since he barely have to defend. Anthony Deangelo would be in your standard a Norris winner since is metrics are off the chart but everyone around the league know he can’t defend ****. So again i don’t thibk that you understand how to use metrics at all.

again, none of that is true. See, this is why im not getting you numbers. 1- you clearly dont understand them so it would be a waste of time and 2-you really dont want them. You just wanna live in your little world where chariot is good because he gets his head kicked in in the defensive zone a lot.
You cant even be bothered to name a single metric that Chariot is good at, not one! like, if he's so good then why is that so hard? It's because there isnt one.
Jan. 30, 2022 at 11:51 p.m.
again, none of that is true. See, this is why im not getting you numbers. 1- you clearly dont understand them so it would be a waste of time and 2-you really dont want them. You just wanna live in your little world where chariot is good because he gets his head kicked in in the defensive zone a lot.
You cant even be bothered to name a single metric that Chariot is good at, not one! like, if he's so good then why is that so hard? It's because there isnt one.

And he keep coming with is number without understanding them. Is that hard to understand that it’s impossible to have positive metrics if you start in your own zone 65 % of the time. And it’s even more the case if your team are bad in faceoff circle. You try to justify that Muzzin have bad number buy telling he was hurt and got concussion when it have absolutely nothing to do with it. Is number have drop because its really hard to generate scoring chance when you start 65% of the time 200 feet away from the other net. So keep pretending like you understand all about metrics when you can’t even understand the simple concept of dzone starts against ozone starts. And continue making excuses for Muzzin terrible metrics if it make you feel good about yourself. im done with you.
Jan. 30, 2022 at 11:56 p.m.
And he keep coming with is number without understanding them. Is that hard to understand that it’s impossible to have positive metrics if you start in your own zone 65 % of the time. And it’s even more the case if your team are bad in faceoff circle. You try to justify that Muzzin have bad number buy telling he was hurt and got concussion when it have absolutely nothing to do with it. Is number have drop because its really hard to generate scoring chance when you start 65% of the time 200 feet away from the other net. So keep pretending like you understand all about metrics when you can’t even understand the simple concept of dzone starts against ozone starts. And continue making excuses for Muzzin terrible metrics if it make you feel good about yourself. im done with you.

sigh
ok dude, listen. This is grade 2 level stuff here. Muzzin has always played tough, hardest on the team shut down minutes. And until this season, he had good to very good metrics. So that means that this one year is something called an outlier and that is probably due to his health, and even with his bad year, if chariot had comparable metrics it would be a good year for chariot.
unlike Muzzin, Chariot has always had terrible metrics. always. so unlike muzzin who has put up good metrics in tough usage, chariot has never had good metrics in tough usage.
So in conclusion. Muzzin is having a rough season and he's still better than chariot because chariot always has rough seasons
Jan. 31, 2022 at 12:00 a.m.
sigh
ok dude, listen. This is grade 2 level stuff here. Muzzin has always played tough, hardest on the team shut down minutes. And until this season, he had good to very good metrics. So that means that this one year is something called an outlier and that is probably due to his health, and even with his bad year, if chariot had comparable metrics it would be a good year for chariot.
unlike Muzzin, Chariot has always had terrible metrics. always. so unlike muzzin who has put up good metrics in tough usage, chariot has never had good metrics in tough usage.
So in conclusion. Muzzin is having a rough season and he's still better than chariot because chariot always has rough seasons

Since 2019 is meteic or awful grade 2 stuff. Get your fact right at least if you want to somehow pretend like you understand it. And now bye bye monsieur je sais tout sur tout mais je comprends meme pas comment analyser les analytics
Jan. 31, 2022 at 12:02 a.m.
Since 2019 is meteic or awful grade 2 stuff. Get your fact right at least if you want to somehow pretend like you understand it. And now bye bye monsieur je sais tout sur tout mais je comprends meme pas comment analyser les analytics

try typing that one again, you missed a dozen words or so
Jan. 31, 2022 at 12:03 a.m.
try typing that one again, you missed a dozen words or so

Bye bye
Jan. 31, 2022 at 12:03 a.m.
Bye bye

au revoir
Jan. 31, 2022 at 12:04 a.m.
au revoir

Bye bye
Jan. 31, 2022 at 12:08 a.m.
au revoir

https://www.lighthousehockey.com/2011/8/7/2302188/an-introduction-to-hockey-analytics-part-4-1-an-introduction-to

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll